Comic-Con

The 100 @ Comic-Con: Season 3's Time Jump, Clarke vs. Lexa and More Scoop

The 100 Comic-Con Panel

The survivors of the Ark, among others, cleaned up real nice for The 100‘s San Diego Comic-Con panel Friday, where they dished the dirt (sorry, another show pun!) on what’s to come in Season 3.

Eliza Taylor, Bob Morley, Marie Avgeropoulos, Lindsey Morgan, Ricky Whittle, Isaiah Washington and executive producer Jason Rothenberg were all on hand to discuss the show’s future.

“We’re going to have our first time jump between seasons,” Rothenberg revealed at the top of the hour. We’re going to pick things up … a couple months after Clarke bailed on her people. The A.I. story [in that mansion] really sets us in a new, much more … science-fiction direction.”

Read on for the stars’ teases for their characters’ future (keeping in mind they haven’t started filming Season 3 yet):

CLARKE | “She’s gone bats–t crazy,” Taylor says. “What she did at the end of the season was so huge and traumatic, so she’s running away, which is very un-Clarke-like. When we pick things up, I think she’s going to be losing it a little.”

“I suppose there’s hope for reconciliation [between Clarke and Lexa], because Alicia Debnam-Carey is coming back to the show,” Rothenberg reveals, adding that there will be fireworks between the two women like we’ve never seen before. “Clarke is pissed.”

As for Clarke and Bellamy’s potential future together, Rothenberg simply says, “You never know.”

The 100 Season FinaleBELLAMY | “Clarke left him there to [be a leader],” Morley says. “So I imagine he’ll just do what Clarke couldn’t do, which is to become a leader.” (Burn?)

OCTAVIA | “Octavia hasn’t really fit in anywhere, growing up under the floor,” Avgeropoulos jokes (sort of). “Through Lincoln, she really found her place within the world. The Grounders brought out the warrior in her, so I think she’d have a hard time going back to the Arkers and being resentful towards those people.”

RAVEN | “I think she’s still a little bitter [about her injury],” Morgan says. “For her to lose a certain strength, but to find an even greater strength in learning how to live and operate no matter what, shows her inner strength. I get the opportunity to portray someone with a disability on TV; I think that’s really important.”

Season 2, Episode 16“At the end of Season 2, she was in a really precarious position,” Morgan adds. “As much as she doesn’t want to admit it, she’s delicate … and emotionally, she’s really living her life without Finn, feeling that grief. There’s someone new in her life as far as Wick coming in, which is a whole new obstacle for her. You’re going to see a new Raven; she’s trying to rebuild herself, piece by piece.”

LINCOLN | “We’re all molded by our experiences,” Whittle says. “The good thing about Lincoln is that his moral compass has never changed. … He’ll continue to make immense sacrifices for his beliefs and for Octavia.”

TVLine will have more scoop on The 100‘s future later this week — including our own video interview with the cast — but for now, drop a comment with your thoughts on the panel. What are your hopes for Season 3?

1. Very cool show. One of my recent favorites.

2. Sarah says:

I’m so happy they got Alycia Debnam-Carey back!! Thank you AMC!!

3. mike says:

awesome

4. Yaz says:

Niceeee they’re bringing back Lexa!

5. steadyshock says:

What about Jasper and Monty? And Murphy!

6. Jada says:

My favorite show! I can’t wait to see Clarke’s adventure. Eliza is so talented so it will be fun to see her play Clarke as going crazy.

7. ih8uzrnamz says:

I’m so happy Lexa/Alycia’s back the grounders are what keep me coming back for more!

8. Laura Tripp says:

I don’t have a question about next season in fact it scares the crap out of me thinking about it.
    Where are they going to take me and how fast and hard are we going to get there?

9. Carola says:

Where was Jasper? I wish Devon had gone to Comic Con.

Hoping Jasper & Octavia rekindle their friendship…

10. The Watcher says:

Never in a million years would you have been able to convince me that I’d like this show based on the pilot and it’s initial premise…I would have cancelled this without knowing more and based only on first looks… yet it’s become one of the few returning shows I’m eagerly anticipating.

Season 1 laid the ground work, Season 2 built the world, and hopefully Season 3 is where things really gel and come alive.

• ? says:

Yeah, me too. Rough first season with too much boring teen stuff but they pivoted away from that fairly quickly when it clearly wasn’t working and the whole second season was pretty much awesome.

• agnes says:

Just for your information S1 had higher ratings than S2. In fact S2 finale was the lowest rated episode in 2 seasons, so what you call awesome season was beated by the teen crap.

11. Sarah_ says:

Can’t wait for the third season :)
    Lexa is annoying I hope if she shows up she wont stay for long.
    Clarke I hope she stays ok after a while and not overly crazy..

12. Jada says:

Oh that wasn’t a burn:

“Bob said this in a lighthearted, joking manner. Out of context it may have sounded like a literal dig towards Clarke’s character, but he later says that Clarke is the one that gave him the confidence to lead and Bellamy doesn’t want this without her (paralleling what Clarke said about him in season 2).”

13. Rhoda says:

Excited to see where they take Raven’s character.

14. Amy says:

Lexa was dead to me the moment she left the Arkers in Mt Weather to die so if they bring her back and give her the same fate…well, it’s only fitting. I’d much rather see Indra as commander of the Grounders.

15. Fire works between to people is never really a bad thing. Clexa is so back on!

16. giana says:

I love that Lindsey is psyched about representing someone w/a disability. Raven is a tough, graceful, smart-as-a-whip beauty and is an awesome character for the disabled community to call their own.

17. reuben says: