Comic-Con

Originals @ Comic-Con: Season 3 Video Reveals the Mikaelsons' New Enemies

Loading video...

Something wicked this way comes. Actually, make that several somethings.

At the top of Friday’s San Diego Comic-Con panel for The Originals, moderated by yours truly, fans were treated to a five-minute sizzle reel recapping the Mikaelsons’ incredible journey thus far. But this is Comic-Con — you didn’t think it would pass without a look into the first family’s future, did you?

Towards the end of the video (the 4:30 mark if you’re too impatient to wait), we’re made privy to a foreboding conversation between two sinister-seeming individuals, neither of whom appear to be particularly fond of Klaus and Co.

“When you asked to meet, I assumed you’d come to surrender,” a man — whose face we don’t see — says to an immaculately dressed woman.

The Originals Comic-Con“What if I told you the Originals are very far from untouchable?” she responds, handing over a well-documented report on the Mikaelsons’ Achilles heels (which looks suspiciously like a collection of their love interests). “After a millennium, we finally know their weakness.”

“What exactly are you proposing?” he asks, to which the she replies, “I say we stop fighting each other and go after the ones who made us.”

(Call me Danny Zuko, ’cause I’ve got chills!)

We’ll have more scoop on The Originals‘ upcoming third season — including our own video interview with the cast and EPs — very soon, but first, hit play on the sizzle reel above and drop a comment with your thoughts below: What do you make of these new enemies? And what do you hope to see in Season 3?

1. Rachel says:

I liked season 1 so much better. I want less Cami, she is the most useless character on TV. Every time they talked about killing a character I hoped it was her. Nothing against Leah, loved her on Pixel Perfect. Just hate the character.

2. Maren says:

wow th8s looked really bad

3. Janice says:

This promo was good. I can’t wait for next season. Every season gets better and better.
    I look forward to more Klaus vs Elijah. Klaus/Camille, Elijah/Hayley, and Davina/Freya.

• Riana says:

I don’t think they’ll go in that direction. It would be cool if they did, but the only interaction Freya and Davina have ever had was when Freya cast the spell to save her and Rebekah and they probably didn’t even speak. Of course it would be better than her hooking up with Vincent

4. KlausFanForever says:

So Marcel/Davina/Cami/Hayley lives are pretty much in danger because they are the Originals weaknesses.

5. Whitney says:

To be honest,am more concern about hayley’s sucide mission to killing herself by planning a war agaist klaus.she should know better #inklausvoice

6. The only interesting thing on this show is Klayley.

7. maria says:

Amazing!! so much better than tvd….

8. Stern des Südens says:

Can they please just bring back Kol?

• Riana says:

Well Sharman is a definite no. Nate may be able to come back, but he does have a new show, even though it will likely be cancelled.

9. ziya says:

Please i hope they dont kill off Elijah and i belive the new enemies are vamps vs hybrids against the originals seems different interesting and new cant wait to watch

10. Tracey Nicholls says:

I just love it especially elijah think he is so sexey an I would love him an hayley to get 2gether

11. Tracey Nicholls says:

Just love it would love 2 c elijah an hayley get 2gether carnt wait 4 seson 3

12. ray says:

yah klaus is da best no mercy

13. Susan says:

I would totally like to see Caroline cross over from Vampire Diaries, she had a chemistry with Klaus and their relationship was left open, when he left, I think it would be a great to see if he still had feelings for Caroline, or if his feelings for Cami are genuine that would be a great triangle.

14. tayslick14 says:

What is it about Nate/Kol he’s not on this show as a reg. The replacements for Kol and Rebekah plan failed when they left for other shows. And this cross over excuse is B.S.
    Claire is on another show so whats the difference. She’s still in their plans this season and her roll to me is blank. she’ll show up, next episode gone. Being stubborn wit fans wll cost you ratings maybe why T.O. is on Thursday with no Aiden,Hayley or Jackson.

15. Christi says:

I think that season 3 is going to be beyond amazing and I can’t wait for Oct 8th XD

16. Lucy-Jane says:

I don’t want the two to be come one I like the originals on it own I don’t like the vampire diaries so please don’t make them the same show

17. Does anyone know what song is playing in the background at 3:03??

18. saiera says:

If Caroline isn’t one of those ‘weaknesses’ I will flip shlt, because that is TOTALLY COMPLETELY UTTERLY ORGANIC. Don’t let us down @ narducci and plec.