Comic-Con

Teen Wolf @ Comic-Con: The End of Scott & Stiles, the Chances of Derek's Return and More Season 5 Scoop

Teen Wolf Comic-Con

If you’re already exhausted from the spine-whipping, tail-cutting, Doctor-dreading action Teen Wolf‘s fifth season has served up thus far, you might want to sit down before continuing on.

The stars of the supernatural MTV drama — Tyler Posey, Dylan O’Brien, Holland Roden, Shelley Hennig, Dylan Sprayberry and Cody Christian, along with showrunner Jeff Davis — united Thursday at their San Diego Comic-Con panel to share behind-the-scenes stories and tease what’s still to come this summer in Beacon Hills. In a nutshell, it’s even more hellish than you’d expect.

For starters, we could be witnessing the beginning of the end for the show’s key bromance:

“Something happens in Episode 5 at the beginning of the episode that causes a rift between Scott and Stiles,” Davis revealed, a tease met with an understandable amount of boos from the audience. “It’s something that Theo uses,” Davis added. Shocker: More boos.

Speaking of things crumbling, Posey teased that Scott’s days as the pack’s alpha might also be coming to an end:

Teen Wolf Season 5 Spoilers“He normally knows what he’s doing and has a plan of action for everything … but things are falling apart around him,” he said, adding that, for the first time, Scott realizes he might not be the best person to lead the pack. “He’s kind of lost. It’s something we haven’t really dealt with before.”

As for the elusive Tyler Hoechlin, don’t count on seeing him back in Beacon Hills anytime soon… or ever. “Tweet him and tell him to get his ass back to Teen Wolf,” Davis urged fans, which prompted Posey to call the erstwhile Derek Hale on speakerphone.

“I miss Derek very much,” said a very sleepy Hoechlin. Cue the applause.

Your take on the cast’s Comic-Con reveals? Are you worried about Scott and Stiles’ future? Hopeful for Derek’s return? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. Ian says:

No Stydia, no Papa Stilinski and Mama McCall, and no important gay characters; but there is a new white pretty boy werewolf and 8 ft tall villains like every other season.

Come harder, Jeff Davis.

• Seth says:

Excuse me? I think Mason is a pretty important gay character. Just watched Dreamcatcher and it seems to me Mason is doing just fine.

2. Mary Kate says:

Yes Season 6!!! PLEASE give us Stydia! Lol I will always hold or hope for those two. Seriously, thanks for getting the scoop and really looking forward to the video!

3. Mare says:

BRING DEREK BACK!

4. Lina says:

I hope Stiles and Scott be best friends för life and nothing happened to them, I get cry if any of them leave Teen wolf, i don’t have read everything about stiles and scott in season 5, but anyway I hope they still best friends :(

I want Derek come back, he is fun, and he has been in Teen wolf from the first season:(

I want Derek, Allison, Isac, and danny come back :(

I hope season 6 come out after season 5 :)

5. Maryann says:

Why on earth would they want to end Scott and Stiles bromance or end Scott’s run as alpha? That’s the core of the show.

• Seth says:

There is no way in hell that stuff will happen but they’re trying to create some dramatic tension to make us viewers tune back in.

6. Sophie says:

if it doesnt happen this season im hoping for s6 stydia and mama mccall and papa stilinkski to date! it would be great if danny and derek to come back too!

7. Television says:

Watch the clip at 2:33-2:39, what is with Scott? The body language is so weird in these interviews.

8. Antonia says:

TYLER PLEASE GET YOUR ASS BACK ON TEEN WOLF I MISS YOU AND DEREK SO MUCH. YOU ARE CAUSING US PHYSICAL PAIN.

9. Antonia says:

TYLER COME BACK TO TEEN WOLF PLEase we miss you and Derek, don’t forget Sterek!

10. Annette MM says:

Stiles and Scott not being friends anymore is unfathomable….and idiotic. The show would get real oldreal fast without their interaction. Derek being gone is gonna be bad enough, don’t mess it up anymore. And Scott no longer being the alpha??? Seriously??? That’s so stupid, eveeyone says how he’s a true alpha and that’s such a remarkable thing and yet he’s not going to be anymore??? And when does Scott EVER have good plans???? Stiles thinks up the plans!

11. shanna says:

i love teen wolf, and i want to see Derek return to help Scott in his time of insecurity. Ps. Dont you dare kill styles!!!!

12. melissa says:

I pray the god that Tyler comes back as Derek on teen wolf it doesn’t seem the same with out him he brings something to the show that I like hope stiles and Scott relationship can last and don’t want to see scott loosing his alpha powers he is a good alpha he just needs guidence and best to do that Derek please cone back Derek miss you

13. Stiles says:

Really? I mean….it is really bad and sad that Derek isn’t there anymore, at least, none of the main characters. That’s pretty sad, because I really love Derek.
    And no, please just don’t let Stiles and Scott break up! Please, just don’t! Their bromance is one of the reasons I love Teen Wolf so much, and if they’re gonna fight, I will be sitting in a corner of my house and cry. I really mean that. Their relationship is so special, they’re like brothers, Stiles already said that in season 3a. So, how can they fight?
    I didn’t like their little arguments at the beginning of the season. When Stiles screams: Because you trust everyone!
    No, please, don’t let them fight. Please. Otherwise, I will stop watching Teen Wolf if Stiles and Scott split up.

And please, where the HELL IS DANNY?! I loved him so much, so where is he?
    Miss him…and Isaac.

14. Jenna says:

Please. Please please please please have a season 6

15. sonsky says:

why aren’t any of the min supernatural characters gay ?? i mean shouldn’t they cast such a main like that ……….. with problems ……….

16. Quinn says:

TYLER HOECHLIN WHY MUST YOU BREAK MY HEART SO, COME BACK TO ME PLEASE. You know you had fun doing this, whyyyy! WHY! Come back before it’s too late and everyone we loved you interacting with in the series is gone! Derek and Stiles, Derek and Scott, Derek and EVERYONE INTERESTING. I can’t even with Liam (poor man’s Jackson), Malia (poor man’s derek), Kira (so boring, do something with her!), and Brett (who?). Please. I can’t even bring myself to watch this season.

17. Anica says:

I really miss Derek.
    Although the show is super scary atm and I still love it – it’s not the same without the big bad sourwolf. Bring him back please!
    Tyler you’re making your fans sad! :-(

18. Don Seepersad says:

can wait for the next season…….want to watch more of teen wolf……love it

19. josh says:

man i cant wait so exided i hope scot and stiles stay friends

20. chrissie says:

Pls teen wolf is becoming something altogether. I’m missing Derek Allison Isaac Danny aiden ethan . Bring them back take kira out I hate her. Don’t let stiles and Scott be enemies