Daredevil Season 2 Casts Elektra

Daredevil Season 2 Elektra

G.I. Joe: Retaliation badass Elodie Yung has joined the cast of Netflix’s Marvel’s Daredevil for Season 2, in the key role of Elektra.

A mysterious, thus far only referenced woman from Matt Murdock’s past, Elektra’s dangerous ways may be more than the lawyer-by-day/vigilante-by-night can handle. The character was portrayed on the big screen by Jennifer Garner, first opposite Ben Affleck in Daredevil and then in a standalone film.

Yung’s previous credits include the films The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and District 13: Ultimatum, and the French drama series La vie devant nous.

Marvel.com first reported her Daredevil casting.

Previously it was reported that Walking Dead vet Jon Bernthal will play Frank Castle aka The Punisher in the upcoming season, while Rosario Dawson is set to continue as Claire. Season 2 of Marvel’s Daredevil will hit Netflix sometime in 2016.

Here, a taste of Yung’s (“sightless,” heh) martial artistry in G.I. Joe: Retaliation:

1. Anna says:

From the picture alone I thought this was Katrina Law from Arrow? She kinda really looks like Nyssa. That would’ve been awesome. I don’t know Elodie Yung though, but I bet she’ll be better than Jennifer Garner…

2. O'yaya says:

Let the fanboy tear-apart begin. I’m glad they didn’t go with a name

3. Erica says:

Q: Will Daredevil and Electra’s romance be as epic and beautiful as Vanessa and Wilson Fisk?

A: I seriously doubt it!

• Rob Watkins says:

Was it really that beautiful? All she did was accept that he murdered lots and lots of people and accept that he’s a big manchild.

• Erica says:

Rob, Rob, Rob…Did you not see the beauty in the blood shed amongst their love! It was Shakespeare worthy!!!

• Rob Watkins says:

No, I just saw a big baby, not the Kingpin. What beauty are you referring to? A guy that’s in his 50s who asks a woman out with the awkwardness of a teenager?

• tyranthraxus says:

That Kingpin was awesome.

My hope is that dont stack the deck too full for this second season. The weight of expectation is gonna be so high that I just dont think its going to be fufilling for a lot of the new fans.

• Lizo says:

Ummm, you know D’inofrio played Fisk as autistic right? So saying he was a man child is incredibly offensive.

• Rob Watkins says:

No, I wasn’t aware, I never saw or read anything that he said he was playing him as autistic. Are you sure you didn’t make that up or reach that conclusion on your own? The Kingpin isn’t autistic. It’s not exactly a great trait to give a villain.

• Tom says:

So true

• Lizo says:

Siiighhh, I love Vanessa & Fisk’s romance. I was totally watching the show wrong because I was rooting for them

4. Sharon says:

Elektra was mentioned in s1? When? What did they say?

• O'yaya says:

in one of the college flashbacks Foggy mention a Greek Girl that went to their college

• Rob Watkins says:

Matt told Foggy that it didn’t work out with the Greek chick. By the way, this actress doesn’t look greek. I guess she can be Greek-Asian.

• hayes says:

She’s half French, apparently. At least they got half a continent right, it won’t be too far of a stretch. DD’s casting has been spot on, so I trust them on this.

• Rob Watkins says:

I’m sure she’s a good actress, though I do hope they make it a point of bringing up her nationality as it’s an important aspect of her character.

5. James D says:

interesting casting choice. I would of never pictured her as Elektra, not to say she won’t be great, just not what I was expecting. I look forward to watching her though I’m very curious to see how she is portrayed in this universe.

6. Steve F. says:

At first I was upset that Katrina Law wasn’t cast as Elektra… but after seeing Elodie in action, this could work. Plus, she looks good in red!

(Also, no mention that Elodie Yung is the second GI Joe alumni to join the Marvel Cinematic Universe? Keep in mind, Adrianne Palicki also played Lady Jaye before she played Bobbi Morse.)

7. Lizo says:

Oh awesome!!! And she’s a woman of colour, even better!

8. The Grinch says:

No mention yet that Fisk is even on the show in season 2. D’onofrio strikes me as a guy who would sit out a season so other characters can get established and then pop back up in season 3.

9. ByeNickHiKev says:

Is it really so much to ask that a Greek, or at least Greek-adjacent, actress play this character? Ever?