Fall TV Preview

Lucifer Adds Arrow's Kevin Alejandro

Kevin Alejandro Lucifer

Arrow and True Blood vet Kevin Alejandro has joined the cast of Fox’s midseason drama Lucifer, replacing Nicholas Gonzalez (Sleepy Hollow), our sister site Deadline reports.

In the Vertigo comics-based series, the bored Lord of Hell (played by Once Upon a Time/Rush‘s Tom Ellis) resigns his throne and abandons his kingdom for the gorgeous, shimmering insanity of Los Angeles, where he gets his kicks helping the LAPD punish criminals.

Alejandro will step into the series regular role of Dan, a gruff homicide detective who is wary of Lucifer’s involvement with his wife (Chicago Fire‘s Lauren German) and daughter.

Alejandro most recently starred on A&E’s The Returned. His other TV credits include Grey’s Anatomy, Golden Boy and Southland.

1. supportspike says:

Still think the main recast needs to be James Marsters in the title role…

• Wordsmith says:

He’s a dead ringer for the comics version (or would be, if he were 10 years younger and still blonde). With that character, the attitude is really more important than the look. I think that Tom Ellis will do just fine.

2. Jesse says:

Love this guy! I would have loved to have seen more of him on Grey’s Anatomy, unfortunately Shonda screwed up his arc and the last half of season 11 with what she did to “Derek”.

• Nitemar says:

ITA! He and Sara had great scenes together and I wanted to see more of him as Callie possible love interest. But wish him well…

3. Jay says:

Damn. I like Nicholas Gonzalez’s style

4. Laura says:

Is that just a weird picture or has he always looked like a budget version of Jonathan Rhys Meyers?

5. ByeNickHiKev says:

I’ve been in love with Nicholas Gonzales since Undressed, hopefully he’ll turn up somewhere soon. But no one in their right mind isn’t thrilled with Kevin A.

6. AngelWasHere says:

Hmm I might watch this. I like this guy. He’s a really good actor and I loved him on True Blood. Liked him in The Returned too even tho he played a douche. If this isn’t too much of cop show I’ll watch. :)

7. Mr. Tran K says:

Wasn’t he in Parenthood at the time?

8. matty says:

This is good casting! He has long been underrated. I can’t wait to see him with Tom Ellis who has star potential written all over him!

9. Howdy! This is my first comment here so I ust wanted to give a quick shout out and say I genuinely
    enjoy resding through our articles. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums
    that cover the same topics? Thanks for your
    time!

• Kayell says:

I write for SpoilerTV, you can check us out! It has a little bit more of a bloggish type of feel to it than TVline. Both are awesome!

10. Dominique says:

i’m glad kevn alejandro is joinging the show. but not that it’s at the expense of nicholas gonzalez. i really like him and he deserves a role like this.

11. tsevca says:

I hate when they do that. Like we wouldn´t notice the difference.