Exclusive

Vampire Diaries: Lethal Lesbians Among Season 7's New Blood

Vampire Diaries Season 7 Spoilers

Good news, fans of chaos: It looks like Mama Salvatore won’t be the only fanged fatale dishing out headaches in The Vampire Diaries‘ upcoming seventh season.

TVLine has learned that three new vampires will be thrown into the mix when the CW drama returns (Oct. 8, 8/7c), including the show’s first same-sex couple. (Note: This is all based on preliminary casting intel. It’s still early, so the particulars of any or all of these roles are subject to change.)

First up are Nora and Mary Louise, a dangerous duo of down-low lovers with murderous tendencies. The vampires, both turned in their mid-20s, have kept their relationship a secret for more than a century, and although their connection is clear to those able to infiltrate their inner circle, Mary Louise’s constant doting can sometimes feel a bit smothery for fiery Nora’s liking. Still, anyone foolish enough to cross either of them will feel both their wraths.

In addition to the aforementioned twosome, we’ll also be meeting Valerie, another 20-something vampire who relies on her dry sense of humor to counter a life of pain and dismissal. She’ll encounter someone who helps her remember the happier, free spirit she once was — and she’ll do whatever it takes to keep him in her life.

Nora and Mary Louise are obviously spoken for — by each other — but it sounds like Valerie could potentially mix it up with one of Mystic Falls’ many eligible bachelors. (And by “many,” I mean the recently-widowed Alaric and the perpetually-single Matt. After all, we’re not counting Damon as single… right?)

Your thoughts on the incoming trio? Drop ’em all in the comments section below.

1. ???? says:

Damon is not single dont try me

• WaitingforS7 says:

Damon IS single and hopefully mixing it up with Bonnie! Since Stefan and Caroline are boring can Valerie fall for Stefan? She sounds more interesting than Caroline. Stefan needs excitement in his life. Why can’t Caroline realize she’s gay? She’s been with every male on the show now so now she can go with all the girls now. That would be a twist no one saw coming, Caroline finally happy with becoming who she really is!!

• Libby says:

LOL, now that would be an interesting twist WaitingforS7. I do like your ideas, really I could care less about Stefan/Caroline they are as dull as delena. You can’t put two boring people like SC together and think they are going to keep people’s attention. I’m only watching Season 7 for Damon and Bonnie.

• vera says:

I’m counting on Damon being single. Bring on the Bamon! They brought life back into this dead show.

• Bamonluv says:

YASS Bamon!! Love them and their chemistry is phenomenal. I’ve been a fan since their first snarky remarks to each other.

• Honey Jackson says:

Damon & Bonnie…NO WAY!Elena wouldnt like that,when she finally “wakes up”! Let them stay friends,they need each other

• dovelina says:

AMENNN TO THAT SISTER!!! AS LONG AS DAMON AND BONNIE ARE BESTFRIENDS, RIDE OR DIE, EPIC LOVERS, OR JUST DOING SCENES TOGETHER.. AND THE VAMPIRE DIARIES IS NOT BORING!! WITH SOME EXCITING THINGS TO OFFER. I MISS KAI AND KLAUS ON TVD I HOPE TEY COME BACK!! I ALSO HOPE THAT DAMON, BONNIE, KAI, ENZO, AND CAROLINE GO TO NEW ORLEANS!! OR SOMR WITCHPIRES HEAD TO NEW ORLEANS, LOVE TO SEE THE REACTIONS O MARCEL’S, KLAUS’S, DAVINA’S, JOSH’S, ELIJAH’S, REBEKAH’S, FREYA’S, AND HAYLEY’S, ALONG WITH JACKSON’S.. IT WOULD BE PRETTY AMAZING IF BONNIE WAS CONNECTED TO THE ORIGINAL WOLF.. SOME OF HER EXTENDED FAMILY BEING WOLVES.. AND SHE HAVING A WEREWOLF GENE!! BUT HER MOTHER MAYBE BINDING IT TO LIKE THE MOON OR SOMETHING AND SHE REALIZES IT AND BECOMES THE FIRST WITCHWOLF!! Sorry for the caps lol

• Bekks says:

I LOVE Bonnie and Damon together and hopefully we will see their epic love this season. I would like a cross over too, Caroline is only interesting when she’s with Klaus. Stefan can reunite with Rebecca!

2. spindae2 says:

Thx for the scoop Andy. Hopibg for some nice castings to follow.

3. Ian says:

More Bamon. That’s literally all I care about.
    And are these lesbians supposed to titillate the guys? What male demo does this show have? Where was Luke’s love interest the last 2 seasons?
    Julie and Dries can take their Steroline and their lesbians and go kick rocks.

• Cory says:

Why does it have to be to appeal to a male demo? It’s not as if TVD has no gay fans, lol.

• WaitingforS7 says:

I’m with you on Steroline, that crap is boring. Why didn’t they just leave Luke on the show?

• vera says:

Bamon is all I care about too. I will just do what I did last season and just watch their parts.

• shay says:

what does the male demo have to do with it? as a lesbian, I’ve been headcanoning most of these girls as bisexual since season 1 and I’d love to see some of that explored. trust me, there are gay fans of tvd and we’re desperate for representation.

4. A. D. says:

Victoria Justice!

5. Weronika says:

‘After all, we’re not counting Damon as single… right?’ Yes, Damon is not single . He is waiting for Elena to wake up from her coma.

• Baileigh says:

Actually, when the show started Damon didn’t consider himself to be single either (he came back to Mystic Falls to free yet another Petrova Doppelganager from the witch sealed basement of the church) however, that didn’t stop him from hooking up with Caroline or having other so-called relationships. Just saying, he may not decide to stay faithful to Elena.

• vera says:

The only reason they didn’t kill off Elena is to keep the carrot dangling for those that want an Elena ending with either brother. They want to keep viewers so that’s the ending they gave. If anyone thinks they are going to keep Damon single then I feel sorry for them and I’m not joking.

• CarineD says:

Anyone who ignores the fact that this show is famous for fanbaiting and trolling is to be pitied, and that goes for Bamon fans, too. Damon’s been single for the majority of the series, even when he and Elena were mutually, openly in love with each other. That’s the key to his allure – the constancy of his heart. So, why would the writers ruin that by pushing some new relationship when it goes completely against one of his key characteristics?

As for the rest? I doubt they’re dumb enough to think they’re keeping any of the shippers hooked with that S6 ending. Stelena shippers got the final kiss-off that they’d been in denial about for years, so they’ve left the building. Delena shippers got everything they dreamed of and more with a near perfect endgame promise. They have no reason to stick around and watch that get dismantled, either. No. They kept Elena viable for story purposes, not for a shippers.

• Bamonluv says:

I think they didn’t kill Elena off because Julie knew she would have more backlash than she already was getting. Can you imagine if she would’ve killed her off those poor dullena’s would’ve needed a counselor. Julie knew exactly what she was doing.

• WaitingforS7 says:

He IS single. Can’t wait for Bamon!

• laughingoutloud says:

lol When did Damon become single? Last I saw, he and Elena agreed to put their future on hold temporarily so Bonnie can live out her life but that doesn’t make him single nor is Elena dead and gone, as far as the show is concerned. If they actually wanted Damon single, they would have ended Delena, not had them basically get married. Damon’s madly in love with his wife and there’s no threat of him banging bonnie anytime soon.

• Damon'sBonBon says:

DULLena is DEAD, get over it! Everyone else has and moved on. umm did you not get the memo Nina (who by the way plays the Character of Elena) has moved on from this show. Julie has enough brains not to keep the Character of Damon hostage. BAMON will happen.

• laughingoutloud says:

lol sounds like somebody’s overly invested in a tv show! I’m not looking at this from a shipper’s pov or projecting what I WANT to happen; I’m just talking about it from a storytelling standpoint. If the writers wanted for Delena to be over, they would have actually ended it. They didn’t. So, even if Nina is gone from the show, Elena isn’t. She’s still alive, still the love of Damon’s life, still the person who willingly, knowingly sacrificed her life for her friend (as opposed to screwing up a spell and accidentally killing herself like a certain witch). That keeps Delena VERY much alive in the context of the show and that has to be dealt with before Damon could ever truly move on.

Bonnie is little more than Damon’s Lexi, at this point. Maybe that will change and Bamon will be explored as more than the contrived, badly written “friendship” that the writers forced them into during S6. Maybe they’ll try to recycle the entire love triangle plot of S3 for them. Or, maybe it’s all just fanbaiting like Stelena was for the last three seasons. That’s what this show does, you know? Regardless of what comes in the future, RIGHT NOW Damon and Bonnie have no actual romantic build-up and Delena was left in a place that makes it nearly impossible for Damon to have a real love interest, if he’s kept in character and the integrity of the over-arching series-long storyline is maintained. We’ll see what comes in the future but people need to relax and wait to see what actually happens instead of insulting and attacking other people on social media

• vera says:

Oh I have no doubt that Bamon will happen it’s the when that I’m concerned about. The writers better have some memorable moments for them otherwise I’m out.

• Bekks says:

These crazy and DElusional Delena fans are in fantasy land with Elena in her coffin. Who cares what they think it’s what we are going to actually see and we are finally going to see Bamon. Been watching for them since the dance in season 2. Bamon forever!!

6. AnishaD says:

Depends on how the new characters fit into the narrative.. If they do, Im all for it.. I just need lesser focus on Damon’s man pain & Damon in general.. Romantic Bamon doesnt make sense so soon.. All I care about is Defan, Steroline and Caroline/Bonnie’s friendship.. Also Lily needs to die & Enzo needs a real purpose.

• Riana says:

Lily is the main antagonist of the season, or at the primary one.

• AnishaD says:

I know.. Just havent liked her character so far.. Not deliciously villainy enough to hate (like Kai).. Lets see what they do with her in S7.. So far, not impressed..

• Karen says:

I love Lily, LOL (ofc different strokes for different folks, etc.) I loved Kai, too, but Lily really brings something different to the table and I like that she’s an older mother-figure villain.

• stillhopeful says:

I like her, too. I’m not to the “love” stage but she’s much more nuanced than Kai, with a greater potential to be interesting beyond the superficial. Sure, Kai was fun to watch and cute but that’s only appealling to most viewers in the short-term. He was a caricature, not a character. The writers seemed to want to keep him as very much a one-note villain, lacking in any real depth. At least Lily already has layers and real internal, emotional conflict to be explored. There’s a subtlety to the actor’s performance that was missing with the guy who played Kai, as well, which might have been intentional.

• Jaime says:

Couldn’t have said it better myself AnishaD!

7. AW says:

With Nina Dobrev gone, I will not be watching this show anymore. She was the heart and soul of this series, and no one else or nothing else can replace her.

• Angel says:

Then dont watch. No ones begging for ur views!

• Damon'sBonBon says:

It’s funny how the Delena fans said they weren’t going to watch this show after Nina left but here they are interested in season 7. Plec and her crew were right that they would still tune in to watch. I guess Plec’s going to get the last laugh.

• nostradamus says:

Plec already got the last laugh if anyone bothers watching that show after the last two seasons of horrific writing and boring, contrived storylines. If you notice, the majority of the comments here are negative. Sure, some of those people might still tune in but the odds aren’t in favor of it.

• Josh says:

Elena and the fact she swapped brothers and that’s she a Mary sue is why I stopped watching

• Really? says:

I could understand this if Katherine were still around.. But Elena? She had been nothing more than a whiny self-obsessed pain for like 3 seasons now.. Its your prerogative.. I just dont understand why anyone would stop watching for lack of Elena.. Unless you watched the show only for Delena.. Then I get it.

• Baileigh says:

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn’t Katherine STILL around? When Bonnie went back and took the cure from 1994, she directly altered the future. The cure won’t be there in 2014 and it won’t be available for Elena to force feed it to Katherine.

• stillhopefull says:

Bonnie didn’t actually go back in time. She went to an alternate “prison” world that was created by the Gemini witches as an exact (but separate) replica of the real world.

• shay says:

i feel you ugh i mean i will still start the next season and see how it goes but im really gonna miss Elena. i know a lot of fans find her full but i love Nina Dobrev with all my heart and idk if im gonna stick to this show if she’s not in it.

8. Riana says:

Hopefully they’ll spend some money and cast people who are at least semi-famous. They’re not paying Nina anymore, so they have some to spare.

• m3rcnate says:

You should care more about acting ability over fame of the actor/actress. Who cares if they are famous or not, i want good acting.

9. A.M says:

I cannot wait to see the ratings for next season….it will be interesting to see if they’ll go up because Delena is dead or if they’ll drop further because DE fans are not watching anymore.

• Ari says:

But Delena is not dead. I expect there will be quite a bit of moping while Damon waits for Elena to wake up from her coma. I’m thinking dramatic speeches by Damon to Elena’s coffin.

• tvjunkie says:

But it is dead until perhaps a series finale, if Nina would even return for that. There’s only some much you can do when one of the actors is gone from the show.

• WaitingforS7 says:

YES DULLena IS dead. Thank you Julie for this because it was torture with those two.

• Sarablue says:

I love Delena, watched for them, but got to like other characters too, I will watch S7 to hear Damon dramatic speeches to the coffin and sobbing and throbbing heart of Damon in pain, after that is over I do hope the writers can get me hooked in more chrachtres and stories so I can continue to watch
        And I say No to Bonnie and Damon they are interesting and fun as friends not lovers, it’s gross, I feel he likes her like an annoying little sister, not romantically

10. justsayno says:

Maybe the Valerie character is going to be a hook-up for Damon? He’s obviously not going to be falling in love with anyone other than Elena but that doesn’t mean the writers won’t show him trying to bury his pain and “enjoy” himself like she wanted him to do. Pretending at being the old “bad” S1 Damon like when he was waiting for Katherine? The way they recycle storylines, I could definitely picture them going there.

11. ink says:

Don’t make the same mistake as Disney and push LGBT characters down people’s throat. We know what happened to their show. It died.I am sick and tired of all this LGBT crap. I will definitely not watch Vampire Diaries again.

• Luke says:

Cause Disney is doing so bad with its multibillionaire empire. Don’t want gay characters, turn off the tv and buy some remastered DVD of shows from the 1950’s to pass the time.

• tvjunkie says:

I’m just glad it’s not a couple of gay guys again. It seems the vast majority of the time when a gay couple or character is introduced on a show these days its men. There are a few exceptions like on Greys, but even their Cali wasn’t gay, she was bi. Not all gay people are gays, lots of them are women as well.

• Anon says:

Yeah, I must have missed Luke’s love interest and all the other gay male couples that have been on TVD before S7!

• Cain says:

Nothing is being pushed down anyone’s throat. However, if you really want something pushed down your throat, I recommend getting in contact with a guy on the app ‘Grindr’. Very handy. There is no LGBT ‘crap’, and the fact that they’re lesbians is really irrelevant tbh??? I think most rational people are more interested in their backstory and character development, but even so, bring yourself into the 21st Century a little bit. Bye.

• Lex says:

If they are going to push some social agenda type thing, they could at least put ethnicities you don’t see much of on television. Some one from Japan. I mean actually a character from japan or that region. Not some one who was born here. What’s going on over in Japan? Are there vampires? What’s are they like? Do they have an agenda. Are they Samurai? They do the same stuff on every tv show and it is so thin.

12. DavidSask says:

I thought Matt was no longer cast member anymore?

13. zed says:

Bamin please with loads of slow burning multi-layered friendship thing turning into great romantic epic love- after all Elena wanted Damin to be happy and he should be happy and since his relationship with Elena was a toxic obsession, Bamon is the true awakening of what real love is!
    I still say that Caroline and Enzo have tones more chemistry and fire than Caroline and Stefan!
    Steroline is kinda stale and it so feels like Stefan is trying, no pun intended!
    I am actually looking forward to Lily as the antagonist! There is something evil in her and it works!!

• A.M says:

No to both Bamon and Steroline…They should all have rships with diff people not each other

• Libby says:

I agree with you Zed! Bonnie and Damon are true love and I hope Julie shows this and doesn’t cop out again. Unlike what some people believe there are a lot of Bamon fans that have been waiting for them to happen and I want the writers to stop dragging their feet on this. Every other couple have had their chance and now it’s Bamon’s turn.
      Agree about Carenzo, loved their chemistry but the writers screwed that up with Enzo’s revenge on Stefan and steroline. Hope Enzo is better this season and they stop the steroline story line. Carenzo have way more potential and chemistry than SC. Wish Lily would be a mother to the boys, I would’ve loved to see their relationship.

14. Chris says:

I don’t like the sound of these new characters. I really don’t wanna quit TVD, but I’m tempted.

15. Steve says:

I’m annoyed that the producers have given in to the Gay Mafia, & are going to have a lesbian couple in Series 7 – It will spoil the show. It spoilt True Blood (an otherwise excellent show), because it semed that every other character had to be gay, with graphic arsing & dyking scenes !
    The truth is that most hetrosexual people still find homosexuality a turn-off; so why do producers & scriptwriters cave in to the Gay Mafia, & constantly shove it down our throats in so many shows ?

• Cain says:

What the hell is the ‘Gay Mafia’? Um, ok lol. Introducing a lesbian couple in the show will not make every other character have to be gay. Sexuality is not a choice.

It’s also not being shoved down anyone’s throat?? I mean if you want something shoved down your throat I’d get Grindr and talk to somebody on it, but… no, this show is simply reflecting reality. Gay people do exist and at this point in time, it would be borderline unrealistic to not have an open LGBT character in a show. Believe it or not, the content of most shows focus on a lot more than the sexuality of its characters- you’re the one who seems to be fixated on it. Any insecurities you’re not telling us about?

• Andy Swift says:

You do realize the original EP of the show is an openly gay man, yes?

16. Karen says:

Awesome, YES!!! I’m assuming these are members of Lily’s Heretic Club, I’m excited that we’re hearing about the women first, too.

I bet Valerie knew either Stefan or Damon, hmm.

17. Jess says:

It seems that I’m in the minority, but I kind of like Lily and I’m interested in where they go with her. As far as Damon is concerned, I’m totally okay with exploring Bamon. I think they have a great dynamic and I find them much more intriguing than the uninspired pairing of Steroline.

18. Anon says:

Meh. Lily is boring as hell and I don’t care about her “family” either. She certainly isn’t going to replace Kai (who was the first interesting villain since Klaus) at all.

• alex says:

kai was an annoying little prick, was so glad when Damon yanked off his head in the finale.

• kaiwastheworst says:

SAME! He was such a ridiculous thing. No layers and nothing to relate to. Just a pretty face and some snark. Kai was another weak attempt at a Damon knock-off, basically. Unfortunately, they didn’t have the witt, intelligent writing of Kevin Williamson to elevate the character into something beyond cartoonish and annoying. Thank heavens he’s gone.

19. shemark57 says:

So what? Damon is supposed to be celibate for 60 years? I don’t think so.

20. jeffersonian252 says:

They’ve lost their main character (and probably their most talented actor) when Nina Dobrev left. They killed off a ton of extraneous characters, including a fan favorite. They sent Jeremy and Tyler to offscreen world with a shameful lack of closure and barely a second glance. With Delena “on hold” for the time being, Damon off the table as a love interest and Alaric a grieving widower, Steroline is really the only actual romantic sl going into S7. I guess they want to mix things up and bring in some much-needed new character dynamics and, while I’m not opposed to finally having gay representation, the timing of it smacks strongly of exploitation. I just don’t have high hopes for any of it being handled well, based on how boring and forced most of the stuff they wrote for S6 was.

21. bilel outlaw says:

Hope Damon starts new love story or even starts with a sex girl…..i just like his words when he speaks about love in his strange wrathfull careless way….but TVD will have its bad guy once more ….and because of the lack of a main charecter like Elina hope one of the originals come back for two or three episodes…

22. dee says:

Could any of the originals star in s7..would definitely want to see that. And bamon?? Wouldn’t bonnie be betraying a friend?? Get someone else for damon please!!! And if elena is off the show,why didn’t they just kill her character

• vera says:

People are going to have to come up with a better excuse than that. Elena and Damon betrayed Stefan and he is Damon’s BROTHER, this show has shown it doesn’t care about morals.

• alex says:

unlikely, the originals spinoff is still running so they’ll be on that show.

23. Heytho229. says:

Only care about Stefan and Caroline. Hopefully they can be rippers together.

24. Anon says:

Finally! Some lesbian characters on TV! I’m so tired of gay men dominating the LGBT community. Lesbians need a voice too.

25. Honey Jackson says:

I love TVD,but this season 6,”the wedding”scene broke me!I’m still hoping Jo didn’t really die,and that maybe Bonnie can do one of her super spells,and “BRING JO BACK”!!!I’m sorry Live died,too,and Tyler’s left the show,too!season 6 was VERY SAD! I hope upcoming seasons will be wild and crazy,as usual,and that you bring in a,gorgeous, fiery replacement, to Elena,a vampire woman,who’ll put a “spark” in his “loins”,until the series ends,LET DAMON HAVE WILD “FUN”!Pull out all the stops,’cause I think season 7 will be it!thanks!

26. Yemi says:

If only by some witch voodoo selena was able to move into another girl’s body and rekindle the love cycle between her and Damon.so as to ease viewers into damons new love interest.

27. thanksnothanks says:

Seems crazy to me that there are some people who think it would be so amazing and fantastic if Damon and Bonnie were to get together and, basically, screw Elena over after she sacrificed her life for her friend. I bet if it were about Elena and Damon getting together, instead, people would be RAGING about it and calling Elena all kinds of horrible names and acting like Damon was the devil incarnate.

Oh, wait…. that already happened! Except not really because Damon and Elena never actually got together as a couple until Stefan and Elena had closure on their relationship and the issue was openly addressed by all the characters onscreen.

Yet people are still acting like romantic Bamon would be some kind of incredibly romantic thing if it happens even though Elena is in a box because of Bonnie, missing out on her entire life, possibly never seeing her brother or friends again, and waking up all alone in a world she doesn’t belong to anymore. Because that all sounds really gross to me. But, the TVD fandom is known to be full of hypocrites. They don’t care about the actual story, they just want to see their ship get it on.

• Bekks says:

Stefan and Elena NEVER had closure and that SICK “couple” DULLena did BETRAY Stefan. So your point is mute and thankfully Bamon WILL happen…….LOVE IT!!

28. tvd says:

Damon waited for katherine for over a hundred years so he can wait for elena because it doesn’t matter what you want cause it’s pretty obvious that he loves her and he would obviously stay friends with bonnie most likely they will end up best friends which is amazing #bamon. But they both still love Elena and anyways an interview with julie plec said that bonnie is most likely finding new love with either a heretic or someone new that she meets because i quess she said that she doesn’t want to get back with Jeremy after the things that they have been through even though they are super cute she wanted him to live his life. And steroline is kindof boring right now but their relationship might grow this season.

29. Rebekah Page says:

I still think that Rebekah Mikaelson and Matt Donovan should run away together. But he does seem to have a strong dislike of vampires currently, so not sure how that would pan out.
    Thanks for reading!

30. Mya smith says:

I love damon off of vampire diaries