Ratings: Disney's Teen Beach 2 Flirts With 6 Million (Frustrated?) Viewers

Teen Beach 2 Ratings

Disney Channel’s Teen Beach Movie sequel made a decent, if not record-breaking, splash on Friday night.

Teen Beach 2 — which drummed up more than a little controversy/backlash with its twisty ending (that I thus far have remained unspoiled for!!!) — drew 5.8 million total viewers in its debut, down 30 percent from the original time-trippy flick yet still ranking as cable’s No. 1 movie of 2015 to date.

What’s more, TB2 stands as the No. 1 cable-TV telecast in nearly two years in the Kids 6-11 and Tweens 9-14 demos.

TVLine readers gave the follow-up an average grade of “B” — while at least a few of you/your rugrats think there’s a way to squeak out another sequel.

Leading out of the original movie, the series premiere of Best Friends Whenever drew 3.5 million total viewers, down 40 percent from what Liv and Maddie netted after Teen Beach Movie almost two years ago.

1. Helen says:

Yikes, that’s a huge drop from the first movie’s 8.4 million viewers.

2. Rebecca says:

Still trying to process the ending…

3. Isaiah Ashford says:

I think the next one should be a prequel or wetside story the full movie no Mack or Brady

• Beckers0505 says:

I like your idea of seeing Wetside story the whole way!

• Selena says:

I was thinking exactly that! They really need to do it cause I feel like the viewers need to know the story of Wetside :)
      It might be good if they did Teen Beach Movie 3 when they remember each other (sort of leading up to it)

4. Kayleen says:

I thought i was the only one that got upset at the ending of the movie. But no! Everyone is saying the same thing. The ending ruined the whole movie for me. I had to end up Googleing the movie because i was so confused and sad. I really hope there a third movie.

• Aly says:

Ik I thought that too I did the same thing too its so dissipointing may by in TB3 it will be like braidys imagining it like in a thought bubble maybe I guess. 😉

• Caitlin says:

I agree with you to some degree. Like I liked the movie, but the ending confused me !.

5. natille says:

I think it was good, but the first one was better by far, (better songs, storyline etc.) I just think that the ending sort of ruined the movie with it being Lela queen of the beach, because then they made the first movie for nothing and it was sort of a waste because they had forgoten that whole experience because its now a whole different movie and they hadn’t met yet. I also think Waside story would be a better movie, but it was still cute.

6. Ashley says:

I gave this movie a c because,It got me really frustrated because of the ending.its nonsense and I think they better make a third one,I mean it has a nice message but I don’t know what they were thinking by mack and Brady forgeting about each other.what Mack had said was true about Lela and tanner not making it back and mack and Brady won’t remember each other BUT that means Lela and tanner never made it back and they vanished.i might be wrong but that is my opinion on what should have happened instead that they made a new movie with Lela queen of the beach but if u really think about it u can’t blame me

7. shalom lowell says:

i really enjoyed the whole film but at the end of teen beach 2 i did not get of how brady and mack did not know one another. also i liked of how tanner walked down the school’s hallway that is my fave scene when he did that.

8. Caitlin says:

I enjoyed watching Teen Beach Movie 1 and 2. I like the idea of there being a sequel (Lela Queen of the beach) as long as Mack and Brady are involved. However, I do feel this might be too much. We’ve had two films and as great as they are, Im not sure whether there should be a third. But if it is I know it will be cool and creative.

9. ella says:

I liked teen beach 2 but at the end I realised something if mack and brady never met and they never went into the movie doesnt that mean that nothing convinced mack to stay so she would of been gone to that school. I think there should be a third movie where something makes mack and brady remember what happend before and they could go back to normal again.

10. Lauren says:

The first one was better bye FAR! The ending ruined the whole thing and they where being really slow when lala and tanner had to get home so yea I expected better from them