Fall TV Preview

Fall TV 2015: Your Handy Calendar of 120+ Season and Series Premiere Dates

TV Calendar Fall Premieres

We hope your DVR is enjoying its summer vacation, resting its gears, motors and what not, because we’re about to drop on you more than 90 season and series premiere dates for the Fall TV season.

Yes, it’s time for TVLine’s famously handy bona fide calendar of season and series launches, which kicks off with the one-two punch of Dancing stars and does-it-all Neil Patrick Harris before going absolutely ba-na-nas the week of Sept. 21, where 47 premieres await you

Here is our round-up of September and October’s big bows (and a shout-out for CSI‘s series finale), plus a cursory look at what November has in store. (The second tinted box alphabetically lists select midseason shows — a good way to save yourself from “Oh my stars, where is New Girl?!” sorts of hysteria.)

New series are in red. Click to zoom and save the dates! (Updated 10/14)
TV Calendar Fall 2015Preemptive P.S. My calendar-making skills have never been infallible, so if you spot something that is (theoretically) missing, drop a polite note in Comments and I will (possibly) include it in an update.

You can also view the broadcast networks’ Fall TV roll-out plans in detail at these links: ABCCBSFoxNBC and The CW.

1. madhatter360 says:

Why is Sunday Night Football starting on a Thursday? I see that it appears the next Sunday as a timeslot premiere, so I assume this is intentional and not a really weird typo. Any sports people care to explain it for me?

• Mr. Tran K says:

They’re doing “opening night” for football on a Thursday night once a year then it gets Sunday Night Football on NBC. It’s where a team is defend by a super Bowl champion.

2. Mr. Tran K says:

Can’t wait for what’s going to happen September 24th in a showdown between ABC’s TGIT and NBC. My money’s on NBC (Heroes Reborn, Blacklist and Player).

• I’ll take that bet and give you points additional points on the spread.

• Erik Bentsen says:

I thought Michaelangelo was a guy. But your program tastes make you seem more like female… Put us out of our misery, tell us why you watch female-oriented shows and yet still know about masculine terms like ‘spread’!!!

• Oh, Erik. Someone so limited by gender stereotypes and gender expectations shouldn’t be casting stones. I don’t limit my tv watching in fear of being labeled by dummies like you. I can watch a football game and Grey’s Anatomy without any issue whatsoever.

• Grey's Fan says:

Hear, hear! I’d be willing to give you guys the points against the spread on TGIT night – Shondaland is going to kick NBC butt. Grey’s Anatomy may be heading to season 12 but it feels like it’s going to be a brand new show filled with characters we already know and love. Excited for the new season and watching GA beat the competition to a pulp. Then the #Vikings are going to beat their NFL opponents black and blue on the way to the Super Bowl.

• Dude says:

You’re so right Erik. I’ve heard that if you watch any show created by Shonda Rhimes, your penis literally shrivels up and falls off. BTW that was sarcasm. I don’t usually feel the need to say it but you seem so dense you might take it as gospel.

• wypena2014 says:

It’s sure when and line up,even though a big fan of the Blacklist, thank goodness for dvr!!

3. On September 22nd and 29th, Scream Queens should be in red since it’s a new show?

Celebrity Apprentice for midseason? (stop laughing…).

Whose Line Is it Anyway finale on October 12th and then the following season for midseason?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

I have fixed the red on SCREAM QUEENS first mention.

Aside from CSI, not here to list finales. An inhuman task.

“Select” midseason dates.

SNL still hasn’t announced and I don’t include rumors.

4. Dean says:

Supergirl is at the top of my list. Berlanti did a good job with Arrow and Flash and I have faith in his plans for the girl of steel. Player is also one to look forward too since its made by the guys who made blacklist.

5. Jennifer says:

Quick question. The CSI movie / finale is listed at 10 PM for 2 hours on 09/27. Should that have been at 9? I don’t care, I’ll watch either way. Just curious more than anything. Thanks

6. André L. says:

What about Telenovela? Any word?

7. Kristina says:

*sigh* November 5th for that little gem called Mom. Stupid football.

8. thisismenow says:

Doesn’t Haven come back Sept 18 on SYFY or is that date still rumored. I know this list is for Network shows only, but I was curious. Thanks!

9. MAS says:

I really, really appreciate the calendar. Thank you!

For some reason I can’t seem to print it this year so if anyone has figure out how, let me know. Normally I can print in one page no problem.

Also, I see The Voice listed on two separate dates. Not sure why that would be.

• Charles says:

as a back up do a prt/sys scrn. its the button next to f12 then paste in crop in paint. basically a screen shot. if unable to do as your used to this is a great fallback method.

• jjk says:

print screen, copy into word, make sure the page is landscape and narrowest margins….drag the margins really small so you get all of it as large as you can. Print

10. Remy says:

Sadly, I have no new shows on my watch list for the fall except for Heroes Reborn. The only new shows I want to watch are midseason shows.

11. Mr. Tran K says:

MUST SEE NEW SHOWS: Blindspot, The Player, Scream Queens, Supergirl, The Muppets, Limitless, Minority Report and Chicago Med. NEW SHOWS TO SKIP: Rosewood, Blood & Oil, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, People are Talking, Dr. Ken, Angel From Hell and Wicked City. NEW SHOWS TO GIVE IT A TRY: Life in Pieces, Code Black, Grandfathered, The Grinder and Quantico.

• jjk says:

Must see to begin with is everything on your entire post…then after they don’t do well after about 3 eps I trim.

12. Lee says:

Shouldn’t The Daily Show with Trevor Noah be listed for Sep 28th? I mean if you have Colbert’s debut and Drunk History’s new season I think it should reason that we shouldn’t forget about this new chapter.

13. Stacey says:

These calendars are very nice… thanks! The note next to Supergirl re: the November regular time slot has one time, and the box with select November premieres has a different time (one is 8 pm and one is 9 pm).

14. TVfan24 says:

Reblogged this on My Everything Notebook.

15. Lynda Duggin says:

CBS has no competition for Tuesday night!!!! ABC, NBC, & FOX ought to put on something they know no ones going to watch, because they won’t be.

16. katy says:

it seems like most interesting new and returning shows are delayed till midseason, I wonder why

17. Sarah says:

I don’t see Haven on here. It runs on Syfy. Is that why you missed it???

18. xnewsie says:

Should there be an update on the calendar to the start date of Chicago Med?

19. Balaji K says:

Thanks for the Calendar.

I’m sure you’ll add these in subsequent revisions. But, just in case:
    September 10 – Longmire
    September 16 – Moonbeam City
    October 4 – Homeland, Affair
    October 24 – Davinci’s Demons

• Balaji K says:

September 15 – The Bastard Executioner
      October 7 – American Horror Story: Hotel
      October 12 – Fargo
      October 16 – The Knick

20. aj says:

Premiere date of Z Nation season 2 – September 11, 2015

21. Amy says:

Where is Z Nation?

22. Sean says:

American Horror Story: Hotel set now for October 7th.

23. Cathi Hodil says:

Life in Pieces…you have both on Monday 9/21 and then down at the bottom on Thursdays in November? Thanks for any clarification. Great job on the calendar!! :-) It is much appreciated!

• Balaji K says:

“The Big Bang Theory” and “Life in Pieces” will initially air on Mondays and then move to Thursdays in November once “Thursday Night Football” is over.

24. Boots says:

Gee, I hardly know where to start. With the exception of one or possibly two shows, I never watch any of the ones mentioned in this article because they are so y…a…w…n.

25. Boots says:

With the exception of one or two shows, I never watch any of the ones mentioned in this article because they are so y…a…w…n.

26. Boots says:

I would really like to comment on the article, but the site keeps telling me I’ve already done so. Guess that is how they deal with slightly negative reviews.

27. luna says:

Hey. Thx so much for this schedule! It helps so much. I’m still looking for premiere dates on Kingdom, Fear the Walking Dead & Colony. Can you find those? thx so much!

28. Bre says:

If loving you in wrong on OWN premieres Tuesday Sept 22nd, 2015 at 10pm, then moves to its normal 9pm spot the following week.

29. royterp says:

Great work! I look forward to this every year. A couple of minor things I noticed: “Fargo” should be in black (second season premiere) and “Angel from Heck” should be in red.

• royterp says:

Also, it seems your comment system wouldn’t let me submit the comment with the actual H-E-double-hockey-sticks word, which I found simultaneously annoying and hilarious.

30. Bonnie says:

A clean air turbine provides the flexible heads with constant power
    over uneven surfaces. If you are thinking about a new vacuum cleaner this is definitely worth a look, but of you have pets you should focus on the Dyson animal series.
    People enjoy the quality of Eureka vacuum cleaners.

31. mmm126 says:

The Last Kingdom will premiere on Oct 10 on BBC America

32. CaseyM says:

BestBuy’s web site has POI premier listed as Dec. 4. Can you confirm/deny/guess? Thanks.

33. LM says:

No Americans until January again??

34. SuperChic says:

For those having trouble printing the grid, maybe this will help:
    Copy
    Paste into Excel
    Print Preview
    Landscape
    Adjust to 92%
    Presto, your guide to hundreds of shows, many may be great and of course, cancelled.

35. Mark Preston says:

I would give you a big kiss if I could get the calendar in an C,S,V spreadsheet file.

36. lsperling says:

Do you have a calendar for the upcoming Fall cable shows? Thanks.

37. Ed Garcia says:

What happened to point of interest ? It was one of my top favorites.

38. Paula says:

Didn’t see Castle. Thought it was coming back in October.

39. May says:

How do I view November through December premieres?

40. Douglas says:

why is fargo listed red, it is not a new show,

41. Sam says:

I hate that every year every network loads the best shows up on to Tuesdays and Thursdays. I know its for a reason with advertising and everyone wants the most money, so I get it.
    But wouldn’t it be nice if the Networks could just agree to each put their best shows on different days to keep things easier. I realize I’m just shouting into the void. I watch everything through the internet anyways. It’s just annoying to have a bazillion shows on Tuesday and Thursday that I love. Then like Monday or Wednesday or Sunday, I watch one or two shows and that’s it.
    I realize I could moderate my shows out evenly, but who wants to wait to talk about the crazy stuff in a show.

Okay, now I’m done complaining. WOO!!! Can’t wait for all these great shows to return and a few new ones to begin. Hopefully there aren’t too many let downs.

42. Cobra says:

In order of importance:
    Chicago PD
    HTGAWM
    Quantico
    The Flash
    Fargo
    Elementary

43. Your calendar is wrong! Dancing With the Stars does not premiere until Sept. 21st! Sept. 14th 8:00 pm time slot is the finale of So You Think You Can Dance!

44. kim says:

Secrets and lies is under mid season, when does that start? Also I don’t see stalker?

45. Nancy says:

What happened to Top Chef? It was supposed to come back in September.

46. h5n1 says:

Select November Premieres could use Jessica Jones 20/11

47. Sarath says:

Waiting for Arrow (Olicity Rocks !!), The Flash, The 100, OUAT…… Excited about Blindspot, Quantico (love Priyanka Chopra) !!!

48. Joshua VanDyne says:

When is Jane the Virgin starting up? That is the show I am looking forward to watching the most

49. Laura says:

When will is the premier of the tamar and Vince show