Emmys

Emmy Screening Room: The Middle's Eden Sher Can't Stop the Wedding

Loading video...

June 26 — the cutoff date for the 2015 Emmy Awards nomination voting — is upon us! And that’s a source of both great anticipation and nameless dread for those of us obsessed with quality television.

Team TVLine has already brought you our Dream Emmy Ballots in 10 key Emmy races — click here to see our picks! — but we wanted to make one last push on behalf of a few favorites whose work was so outstanding this year that the possibility of a snub makes us want to get in touch with our inner Sons of Anarchy and unleash some unsanctioned justice on the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences.

With that said, we present the fifteenth and final of our Emmy Screening Room submissions: The Middle‘s Eden Sher, for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series. We defy you to watch from start to finish and tell us she shouldn’t hear her name called when nominees are announced on July 16.

The setup: In the wake of boyfriend Darrin’s proposal, high-strung high school senior Sue (Sher) tries to explain to parents Frankie (Patricia Heaton) and Mike (Neil Flynn) how, although she never said yes, she still wound up engaged. Somehow, bringing up the tiny house with which the teen’s accidental fiancé also surprised her doesn’t help matters.

Press PLAY below for the full scene, then share your thoughts on whether Nash should/will make the Emmy ballot.

1. She’s such a talented young lady.

2. Mark says:

Completely agree. She’s long overdue for a well-deserved Emmy nomination! She has my vote. 👍🏻

3. GeoDiva says:

The final episode with Sue’s graduation was perfect too. Eden Sher deserves to hear her name called.

4. bigfartass says:

Sue is hands down, my favorite character on TV

5. Kim R says:

There is something so special about the character of Sue Heck and she is played brilliantly by Eden Sher. I realize this is not a cable show and does not get the attention that goes with that but Eden more than deserves to hear her name called. She is in my top 5 of favorite TV characters. :)

6. Nicole says:

I love the middle and feel overall it doesn’t get the recognition it deserves. But Eden Sher is amazing and if the Emmy voters were smart she would hands down get a nomination!

7. N says:

I love Sue!

8. Mary Ann says:

I hope this is “the year of Eden”.

9. Television says:

I love this show so much, Sue is awesome, but I was sad when her and Darrin broke up, that scene, tears. And Darrin, yikes, tears.

10. Meg says:

I’ve been hoping for an Emmy (nod) for Eden Sher since the first season. Sue is definitely one of my favorite characters on TV right now. When you think about, the character is so over the top, but it doesn’t come across like that at all with Sher playing her. It’s so believable and heartfelt…and absolutely hilarious.

11. therealjonpalmer says:

It says something wonderful about her and how she plays her character that there was not even 1 single negative comment. I don’t think I have ever seen that on any comment section–even those about someone’s unexpected death.

YES, YES, YES–Eden deserves a nomination, then hopefully a win.

12. Jared Munson says:

I’d find it funny if Sue got a makeover and looked more like Eden (who does model), but still acts just as dorky as ever

13. Dolne źródło pompy ciepła ) do domowej instalacji grzewczej, w której temperatura czynnika jest wyższa.

14. Clandestine Green says:

To me, the whole cast is good but Eden Sher is a standout. It would be so easy for a character like this to be one note…but she really pulls the best out of the character and the script. I hope she does a lot more good work in the future.

15. Ari says:

She’s been wonderful as Sue for the entire run of the series. She really clicked with this character. I hope she gets some recognition for her work. She really deserves it.

16. Tara17 says:

Eden Sher has my virtual vote, she makes Sue so entertaining and engaging!

17. Jenna says:

Eden is amazing as Sue. She deserves all the awards. As a young actress, her future is bright.