Fall TV Preview

Fox Premiere Dates: Scream Queens' Big Bow, Bones/Sleepy Combo Lands October Launch and More

Fox Premiere Dates

Fox is the final broadcast network to unveil its fall premiere plan, and turns out Scream Queens star Emma Roberts left out a rather crucial detail when she revealed the show’s Sept. 22 premiere date on Twitter earlier this week: Ryan Murphy’s horror satire will launch with a two-hour episode.

Elsewhere, Gotham is the first series out of the gate (Sept. 21, paired with new drama Minority Report), Empire (as previously reported) returns Sept. 23, and Thursday’s Bones/Sleepy Hollow combo platter launches on the late side (Oct. 1).

On deck for midseason: The X-Files, New Girl, the Grim Reaper-themed Lucifer (which will get a launch out of X-Files), the modern-day Frankenstein Code Lookinglass, the sitcom Guide to Surviving Life and Seth MacFarlane’s long-gestating animated comedy Bordertown. Returning reality series on the ’16 deck include Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader, Hell’s Kitchen, MasterChef and So You Think You Can Dance.

All told, Fox’s fall roll-out looks like this…

SUNDAY, SEPT. 20
8 pm 67th Annual Primetime Emmys

MONDAY, SEPT. 21
8 pm Gotham
9 pm MINORITY REPORT (New)

TUESDAY, SEPT. 22
8 pm SCREAM QUEENS (New)

WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 23
8 pm ROSEWOOD (New)
9 pm Empire

SUNDAY, SEPT. 27
7:30 pm Bob’s Burgers
8 pm The Simpsons
8: 30 pm Brooklyn Nine-Nine
9 pm Family Guy
9:30 The Last Man on Earth

TUESDAY, SEPT. 29
8 pm GRANDFATHERED (New)
8:30 pm THE GRINDER (New)
9 pm SCREAM QUEENS (Regular timeslot premiere)

THURSDAY, OCT. 1
8 pm Bones
9 pm Sleepy Hollow

FRIDAY, Nov. 6
8 pm Masterchef Junior
9 pm World’s Funniest

1. Boiler says:

Where is New Girl?? Put in on Sunday and get rid of one of the cartoons!!

2. Matt C. says:

Can’t wait for Empire and Scream Queens! I’m also really excited for Sleepy Hollow and Bones; however, I won’t be able to watch them until Fridays, since I’m already committed to TGIT. It’ll be very interesting to see what the ratings look like this fall…

3. Sarah says:

Bones Oct. 1st? Ugh.

• kmw says:

Yes I would have rather it had been sooner but it is actually a good date and considering how late Bones ran into June its ok by me. If BONES had premiered on Sept 23 they would have been gong up against all the other premieres of Greys and Heroes reboot. Remember how late they came back at beginning of season 7( that was November I believe). Actually I think FOX has a pretty decent schedule there

• a says:

yes, I too am glad to see Bones returning Oct 1st, Sep 24th going against ABC and NBC would of been a dog fight for premier ratings, let them duke it out…thank you Fox :)

4. Mr. Tran K says:

Hope Sleepy Hollow is going to lose some heads in the 9 p.m. Thursday night time slot against Scandal, Blacklist and Originals. Fox has high hopes for Minority Report if it’s going to become a sci-fi hit which the network hasn’t done in years and I’m sure that Rosewood is going to be a huge flop. On the other hand, I can’t wait for the new season of Empire beginning September 23rd.

5. Angela says:

Thursday is probably my least crowded night TV-wise, so I’m okay with “Sleepy Hollow” airing then. I’d watch it live regardless of what night it aired, mind, but it is nice to spread out my weekly viewing a little. And a good way to kick off the month of October, too :D.

6. Jon says:

I see a cancellation in sight for Sleepy Hollow. It was already struggling with ratings as it was on mondays, now they put it against Scandal. Against TGIT????!!! No hope. None whatsoever.

• Frankie707 says:

It really depends on what Fox is expecting from it performance-wise. They’re aware of what the show will be up against, and I’d have to believe they’ll expect the ratings to take a hit from what it was getting on Monday night…they just probably think Minority Report can do better on Monday night than Sleepy Hollow did.

• Ummm not so sure, people is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mad with Shonda about killing McDreamy ,I expect all TGIT shows ratings to decrease in ratings an awful lot

• Kitty Potter says:

I regretfully agree. ANY thing opposite Scandal & The Blacklist are going to flounder. They are setting it up for failure I ♡ Sleepy Hollow too. Bummer.!

7. dave says:

sleepy hollow is gone.bones will be put out of its misery by being cancelled by february.

• kmw says:

You wish. Bones and Sleepy Hollow have a tough night, but Sleepy will most likely at some point be moved to another night. Even with bad Thursday ratings last year, Bones is still making syndication money for FOX, so Bones will be ” put out of its misery” when David and Emily say so and no matter what their former show runner says

8. Kathy Vrabel says:

YOU TAKE OFF THE FOLLOWING AND PUT STUPID SHOWS LIKE SLEEPY HOLLOW, GOTHAM AND ALL THE STUPID COOKING SHOWS. I WILL NOT BE WATCHING ANY OF THEM. YOU CAN’T TELL ME THAT PEOPLE WATCH THESE SHOWS. THE FOLLOWING WAS THE BEST SHOW. NOT BORING, NEW TWIST AND TURNS EVERY SHOW. I COULD NOT WAIT FOR MONDAY TO WATCH IT. I THINK YOU SHOULD RECONSIDER YOUR DECISION TO TAKE THE BEST SHOW ON FOX OFF THE AIR

• Angela says:

…mmmkay, two things:
      1. YOU CAN’T TELL ME THAT PEOPLE WATCH THESE SHOWS.
      Actually, yeah, they can, because people DO watch them. I watch “Sleepy Hollow”, as do some other people here, and I know many people who like the other shows you mentioned that you think people “don’t watch”, too.
      2. Take. Your finger. Off. The caps lock. Key.

9. David4 says:

SYTYCD was renewed for next season?!