Fall TV: Bones Homecoming, an Empire Battle, Sleepy Foe, More Fox Spoilers

Time jumps, murder, shocking new enemies. All that and plenty of other twists are on tap for Fox’s returning fall dramas, per the newly released synopses for Bones, Empire, Sleepy Hollow and more.

Read on to get the scoop on Booth and Brennan’s return to the Jeffersonian, Cookie’s plot against Lucious and Gotham‘s new Super Villains.

BONES | Picking up six months after the Season 10 finale, Brennan and Booth have moved on to a new town and new jobs, having given up their old life and settled into a blissful death-free existence. But a murder unlike any other draws them back to investigate with their former colleagues at the Jeffersonian and FBI.

EMPIRE | The new season kicks off three months after Lucious’ arrest. Knowing Lucious won’t be held much longer in prison, Cookie and her allies within the Lyon family make a desperate attempt to seize control of Empire. But as the Lyons continue to battle each other, a bigger external threat emerges that could force them to unite.

GOTHAM | Season 2 explores the origin stories of some of the most ambitious and depraved supervillains, including The Riddler, The Joker and Mr. Freeze, while Bruce Wayne uncovers more secrets from his father’s past.

SLEEPY HOLLOW | After a disquieting break in the demonic action, Ichabod and Abbie adjust to a world seemingly without Moloch, witchy wives, evil sons and headless ex-best friends. However, nothing is ever quite as it seems, and the eerie calm will quickly give way to the next tribulation, driven by a surprising supernatural presence that will challenge Crane and Mills in ways they never imagined.

Which plots are you most excited to see?

1. Ian says:

That’s both the vaguest and most troll-ish synopsis for Sleepy Hollow that Fox could have put out.
    Not inspiring much anticipation with that.

• Angela says:

Doesn’t tell us a whole lot, no :p. But I’m interested in this “new threat”, whatever it is.
      I also hope we will get some idea of how they’re recovering from the events of last season-with the way everything went down in the finale I’d think they’re still dealing with some effects of that emotionally. Guess we’ll see.

• ZB Weaver says:

“…a world seemingly without Moloch…”

That gives me reason to believe that Moloch might return. Perhaps Moloch has a more powerful boss in Hell what ‘releases’ him?

2. kmw says:

I knew Booth and Brennan’s baby would be 6 months old. A little time jump!!! That is a pretty big time jump. Got to wonder who is getting murdered that would draw them back in. I hope they have something good planned because I am disappointed we do not get to see their baby being born Oh well I guess I should be glad they are coming back at all

• anon says:

emily made it pretty clear she wasnt giving birth onscreen again…I dont blame her, lol, 6mth time jump isnt that big and being respectful to new mom ( again ) Emily wishes…I am good with that :)

• kmw says:

Sorry six months is too long, and actually its not even the giving birth on screen that they could have done. Just show her going into labor for awhile and the next scene the baby is here. I do understand where Emily is coming from and the show but is still disappointing nonetheless given that really none of her pregnancy was shown nor were they happy except when she told him. I guess the surprise here is name of child( unless someone has let that slip). I will let it be for what it is. Also it would have to be something pretty big to get Booth and Brennan to come back in so that should be interesting. Now October 1st seems far away…..

• sunshyne298 says:

I agree with you. For whatever reason, the writers decided to split them up yet again last season so seeing at least some of the going into labor process would have been nice. It would have been nice to see that emotion between them, considering what happened in season 10.

I’m not looking forward to season 11 all that much. This show was one I always highly anticipated the return of after hiatus but after what happened during season 10, I fear the writers are going to make Booth and Brennan even more dysfunctional towards one another than they already are.

• anon says:

I really dont need to see another labor or birth on Bones… we have already seen THREE, considering Bones is a crime show, not a medical drama that is more than enough…the Fox release clearly states that B&B are blissfully happy with their new life, which includes their new baby and we get to see that and a new baby and a ELEVENTH season, do you realize how lucky we Bones fans our? lets just wait and see, we have new showrunners, so clearly S11 is going to be different than S10 and I say that as a fan who did not like how separate B&B were in season 10, how some eps they had like 4 scenes, believe me it did not work for me, but the 6mth timejump doesnt bother me, I think of it as B&B having time to find their center and happiness again after a crappy few years.

• kmw says:

Well I know that Bones likes to do things differently and to some extent I understand why they aren’t doing birth scene( Emily Deschanel didn’t want it I know and I definitely understand her position) but showing the labor, just the labor, would have gone a long way to getting Brennan’s trust and belief in him back. As it is that process is happening off screen. As for anyone who thinks the show has become totally about their relationship, not even. This season the cases took precedence and Booth and Brennan’s relationship, at least to me , took an unnecessary hit, born of a show runner who didn’t have a plan for last season and didn’t want to deal with Emily’s pregnancy. Now they have a new show runner and I will give them a chance. Like I said earlier it will be interesting to see what gets them back. It will have to be VERY important to them to do that

3. Viggie4 says:

Wow! 6 months gone by I am glad the new baby is here. Maybe Parker visiting? B&B doing something else ? Since they moved when come back new house? Excited to see what the talented writers have in store for Fans?

• July Lark says:

Yes, we defo need more Parker in some way, even if its just a one way phone call, it makes both B and B look bad, Parker being the throw away child….. children of first relationships are important too and should be included in the family.

4. Coal says:

I really hope Empire doesn’t fall in the same trap as Sleepy Hollow did by adding more episodes.

5. suzyku says:

excited for Bones, Sleepy Hollow

6. a says:

Bones has always had a time jump of sorts from finale to premier….6mths is no different from s6 to s7 or s5 to s6…wasnt s7 to s8 6mths too or was it 3? ….Anyhow, a part of me is happy that B&B have had 6 blissful months of happiness and away from murder and mayhem, they deserve it after the last few years they had…but this being Bones, they will have to focus back on them solving crimes again, wonder what and why they wiil give up their happiness/bliss for to return to their old lives?

7. Pat says:

I cannot wait for the Fall and the season start ups of Bones and Sleepy Hollow.These two shows are on my favorite list, along with many other shows. So I will wait with great anticipation for all of my shows to return and yes, they have all been renewed!

8. Joey Padron says:

excited for Gotham’s new season!

9. skrable2 says:

The “murder unlike any other” on Bones will have to be more than just unusual; B&B have solved unusual cases before. I read it as being something personal enough to compel one or both to go back to D.C.

The answer? The murder of Zach in the hospital where he’s being held. They can even stage it so his apparition appears to different members of the team as they work the case. This would be a strong enough pull to bring Bones back, and would solve the ongoing issue of the showrunners having to deal with continual questions about Zach.

He came back … and we killed him off. Time to move on.

10. I just realized that this article is the first thing I’ve read or cared about Sleepy Hollow since the finale. I was so into the show in S1. I never could’ve imagined that I would get to the point where I never thought about it. I really hope they can draw me back in.

11. Lynn Pinsak says:

Am so glad to see Bones and Sleepy Hollow coming back. Every season a couple more shows we always watch disappear (Covert Affairs, Leverage, The Mentalist to name a few). Wouldn’t watch Empire on a bet, or the Good Wife or Sherlock Holmes (whatever it is called) or any of the so called “comedies” that are not funny, that just make fun of people.
    Do hope things get back to normal on Bones and all are happy. Wedding for Cam and Aristu (sorry don’t know how to spell it)??? Another baby for Hodgins and Angela ?
    Sleepy Hollow ? Nice change of pace from so many other copy cat type shows on. Same holds true for Gotham . Scorpion is a new favorite.

12. ourbonesaredriedup says:

Bones got old a few seasons ago, Gotham is the only one of these that looks exciting.

13. Jeam says:

So Glad they put Bones On now , the ex- files with EMPIRE I’m a happy person thank you