Jason Katims' Relationship Drama Us. Lands Pilot Order at HBO

Jason Katims Us

Jason Katims is looking to bring some full hearts to HBO.

The cabler on Wednesday picked up Us., a relationship drama pilot from the Friday Night Lights/Parenthood boss.

The hourlong project, based on an original idea from Katims, is described as a sweeping examination of the often baffling, sometimes unexpected but ultimately heart-wrenching ways in which love and human connection can be found today through a vast web of seemingly unconnected people.

“Jason is one of the most gifted writers working in television or any other medium, and we are thrilled that he will be bringing his unique storytelling talents to HBO,” Michael Lombardo, president of programming at HBO, said in a statement.

Katims is also currently working on Hulu’s The Way, a faith-based drama starring Breaking Bad‘s Aaron Paul and True Detective‘s Michelle Monaghan that will bow in 2016.

Intrigued by Katims’ Us.? Drop your thoughts in a comment below.

1. Rebecca says:

I will watch anything this man does after he brought Friday Night Lights & Parenthood into my life.

• lori says:

I second that

• Temperance says:

Hmmm. I love the first season of Roswell, and the better parts of the hit or miss Parenthood, but I pretty much loathed FNL. He’s hit or miss for me. It sounds like a ‘faith-based show’ would be a not-going-to-bother, but the premise of Us might be OK.

2. Mary says:

Jason Katims is an amazing writer! I fell in love with him on Roswell!!! and Friday Night Lights is a masterpice of television! I only have watch a few episodes of Parenthood but is great! I hope a few of the actors that have work with him return with this project, maybe Jason Ritter, I love him and now that Bethany Joy Lenz is being recast on the Shonda Rhimes series, she can go to cable series :p or maybe I just want Joy back to my Tv with good writing, and who else that Jason Katims

3. Coal says:

Family, friendship, camaraderie, test of the human spirit, shows that offer those elements are my favourite and that describes Katims’ work to a tee.

4. nadialus says:

He is my absolute favorite producer in Hollywood. I will watch and support any project he does.

5. James says:

At first I thought this was based on the David Nicholls novel of the same name.