Nip/Tuck Alum Julian McMahon Joins Syfy's Alien Drama Hunters

Julian McMahon Hunters

Syfy is quickly acquiring more Hunters, including Julian McMahon.

The Nip/Tuck alum has booked a recurring role on the cabler’s upcoming alien drama, our sister site Deadline reports.

Adapted from Whitley Streiber’s best-selling novel Alien Hunter, the 13-episode series chronicles a Philadelphia cop’s search for his vanished wife — an odyssey that will lead him to a clandestine government organization that hunts a sect of ruthless, possibly extraterrestrial terrorists.

McMahon will play McCarthy, an unhinged drug addict and Hunter cell leader who has an affinity for house music and violence. He joins a cast that includes Nathan Phillips (The Bridge) and Britne Oldford (American Horror Story).

McMahon can be seen later this year in Syfy’s Childhood’s End, a six-hour miniseries adaptation of the Arthur C. Clarke novel. Hunters is slated to premiere in 2016.

Your thoughts on McMahon’s casting? Drop ’em in a comment below.

1. Simon says:

Hmm, seems like a concept that’s been done to death. I guess we’ll have the wait and see

2. Steven says:

He’ll always be Cole to me.

3. craig says:

Wow! I used to have such a crush on him when he was on Nip/Tuck. Now he looks like a piece of dried-up ginger.

• SD says:

Thanks for nearly being the cause of a broken Mac! I almost spilled my tea on the darn thing…this comment is hilarious! I totally agree, and actually finished season 6 less than a half hour ago. My crush is sort of over now too, and I’m sad. In any case, I wish the show and its cast great success :)

4. SW says:

I’ve been waiting for him to come back to TV since Nip/Tuck ended…but this is a bit disappointing. I’m not a big fan of the shows SyFy puts out.

5. Ian says:

He’s better than this.

How the mighty fall.

6. Isn’t it weird that a recurring role is announced but there’s been no news on the main cast ?

7. doris w byers says:

sure am glad to see you back on tv. Hope you do more julian Hope to make your acquaintance when I take my vacation in August. Your on my buciket listl

8. Meghan Mueller says:

Julian McMahon has a new series coming out?! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I am so over the top, completely in love with him! YAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!

9. tsevca says:

Sounds like many shows, which were lucky if they finished a season.

10. Ginger says:

He played this character really well. He seems to get how to play a cruel character. I thought it was a good change. I still think he’s quite handsome. SAD THIS SERIES WAS CANCELLED. would have liked to see a season 2.