Fall TV Preview

Forever's Alana De La Garza Joins Scorpion as Homeland Security Honcho

Alana De La Garza Scorpion

With Forever‘s Jo Martinez officially behind her, Alana De La Garza is ready to tackle her next small-screen role — and this one comes with a major promotion.

De La Garza will recur in the second season of CBS’ Scorpion, our sister site Deadline reports, playing the new Head of Homeland Security. Her character will work closely with Cabe, upon his return to Scorpion, though her motives for assisting the team will be called into question.

Scorpion returns for Season 2 on Monday, Sept. 21 at 9/8c.

Your thoughts on De La Garza’s casting? Drop ’em in a comment below.

1. Gary says:

This is bitter-sweet, on one side we get to see more of this amazing actress and on the other side we are reminded that it won’t be on the second season of Forever.

• dan says:

I remember her as one of the Santos sisters from All My Children back in the day. She must’ve been a teenager on AMC because she still looks so young! Hard to imagine one of the Santos sisters as head of Homeland Security. She should all Eva LaRue to be her backup!

2. Mare says:

I like her. love the Scorpion. miss Forever.

3. Lorie says:

Nice addition to the show.

4. Tahoe Mike says:

I was hoping that Forever would find a new home. If it is not to be I’m glad she ended up on another show I like.

5. Maria says:

i will always miss the wonderful Forever, but at least now I can see Alana on my tv screen. She has this calm, easy presence about her. I know she’ll be a great addition to Scorpion.

6. Jeffrey Sean Keith says:

Well let the possible co Maxim or Playboy shoot with Alana De La Garza and Katherine McPhee commense,very hot,three-way please!

7. N says:

I loved her on Forever!!!!!!!!!

8. Sheldon W. says:

As sad as I was to see Forever canceled, I’m glad Ms. De La Garza move to one of my favorite new shows from last season.

9. stormsurger says:

She’s got a recurring role. That doesn’t mean every week. Maybe she can still do Forever if it gets picked up. Options don’t normally expire until June 30th. We’ve got one more week to #saveForever.

10. ed says:

With thanks to TV Guide ” Cheers and Jeers”
    Cheers to ABC for having Forever on last season with A;ana De La Garza. She was SSSSOOOOOO HOTTTTTTT as Det Martinez !
    Jeers to ABC for cancelling Forever with Alana De La Garza , did I mention she is
    SSSSOOOOOO HOTTTTTTT ! I wanted the show to continue after Dr Morgan told her his secret and to see her reaction.
    Cheers to ABC for bringing Alana De La Garza back in Scorpion

11. Nice to look at….but kiss of death/Every show shes on gets cancelled quickly

• Allison says:

Wasn’t she on Law & Order for 4-5 years? I know it did eventually get cancelled (after being on for something like 20 years!) and I think she was still on it when it was but that’s not exactly “cancelled quickly”

12. Carol C says:

I’m glad. If I can’t get my Forever fix, I’ll take her on Scorpion.

13. dman6015 says:

You can definitely tell Scorpion is not based on reality. In no one’s world would someone like De La Garza ever be appointed to head Homeland Security. Never. Ever. But I’ll suspend all disbelief and just enjoy it.

• lsperling says:

The entire show is unbelievable, but entertaining nonetheless.

• arial2 says:

But then, it’s not Alana de la Garza we’ll be seeing, but a CHARACTER played by her. Would you have the same reaction if the character were a good-looking MALE in the same age group? FYI, seven of Fortune’s top 25 leaders “under 40” (the actor is 39) are women. Perhaps the character is a brilliant scientist or inventor named to the position for her skill set.

• John NYC says:

“someone like De La Garza”

Since she won’t be portraying herself but instead a character written for the role who’s to tell? The writers are certainly capable of writing a credible backstory, senior federal prosecutor, senior federal judge etc. At close to 40 her portraying someone with a considerable resume has a logic to it. To me anyway.

Plus I seem to detect some vagueness in the titling as “the head” of the Department of Homeland Security per se is a Presidential Cabinet level Secretary: not an action operative position logically to “work closely” with Cabe by a long shot.

14. arial2 says:

I will miss Forever, but am glad to see Alana de la Garza cast in one of my other favorite shows. IMO, CBS owes her, after that horrible arc as Marisol on CSI: Miami. I think, since then, CBS has figured out that women can be strong characters in a drama, not just eye candy.

15. JBC says:

Great for Scorpion but was hoping another network would pick up Forever.

16. AMG says:

I know that having a lead go to a different project usually means that a series is officially cancelled, but this one seems different.

Two things about this article:
    1. Deadline.com actually states that de la Garza’s role is a recurring role, not a permanent role.

2. The #SaveForever campaign is still on-going, and apparently Matt Miller and WB are still talking to the networks about picking up Forever. No one from either the networks or the production company has said anything either way. Unless Matt Miller, WB, and/or any network has given details about the status of the series to fans and to the media outlets, one can assume that Forever is still being shopped and that de la Garza is still a part of Forever if and when it returns.

• John NYC says:

They key detail needed as I see it is whether the actors have been officially released from their contracts.

• AMG says:

I don’t think that they have been released from their contracts. If so, the article would have said that de la Garza would be a regular cast member, not a recurring one.

17. Rey says:

Happy to hear Alana De La Garza will be back on a weekly TV show. I love looking at her. I only wish it was a show I watched.

18. Tracy says:

Don’t care about her but can’t wait for season 2 of Scorpion!

19. Lea says:

It is nice to see Alana De La Garza will be returning to television soon, but I still think Forever needs another season. ABC blew it big time when they cancelled this show. Boooo to ABC and shame on them.

20. Georgia Madman says:

As much as I’d love to watch Scorpion to see Alana, CBS has chosen not to have its shows on Hulu. So I won’t be watching it. I dropped Person of Interest, which I loved, for the same reason. Get with the times CBS.

21. Alex R. says:

Alana is a very good actress and I’m glad she was offered a role on a hit show! I thought Forever would get a second season, but will not be the case. Hope this gets Alana an eventual leading role on a future show.

22. mwoua.fr.cr says:

It is essential that you acquaint on your own with the score and caution system if you are getting video games for a minor.

23. tsevca says:

I´m not happy. She was the weakest part of Forever for me.

24. Jem says:

I really miss forever (sobbing)