Christina Ricci to Play Zelda Fitzgerald in Amazon Drama Pilot Z

Christina Ricci Zelda Fitzgerald

Amazon and Christina Ricci have come up with a novel idea for a new TV series.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Ricci is set to star in and exec-produce an Amazon pilot about celebrated American novelist (and wife of F. Scott Fitzgerald) Zelda Fitzgerald.

The hour-long project’s working title is Z.

An Amazon rep declined to comment for this story.

Ricci recently played another iconic American woman — Lizzie Borden — in Lifetime’s eight-episode The Lizzie Borden Chronicles (and the TV movie that preceded it).

1. Great Casting! Can’t wait to see who plays Scott

2. Viv says:

Daniel Craig was smokin’ hot as Ted Hughes — I think he’d make a great Scottie. Keep the title, C — it’s iconic!

3. Lizo says:

Awesome! I love the work Ricci has been doing lately, so I’m definitely in for this

4. Yolanda says:

What does it mean for “The Lizzie Borden Chronicles”? I freaking love that show! Christina and Clea killed it every single week. I hope we get another 6 or 8 episode season because it was too good to just get canceled.

5. B says:

This is a shame. She in no way should be relegated to the lowly Amazon pilot waters or any TV spot for that matter. Her acting is top-notch, too good for a lot of TV. I loved her couple episodes on Grey’s years ago, but if you watch them you see how out of that league she is. Ellen Pompeo’s portrayal of Meredith is among TV’s best and one of my personal favorites, but Ricci next to her makes Pompeo look like they found her performing in a basement in Miami, Ohio or somewhere. That’s not a diss on Pompeo, Ricci is literally just that good. She outshines the small screen and almost everyone on it. She does not belong on what’s sure to be an under-produced, never-watched Amazon side project.

6. Christina Ricci is one of my most favorite actresses. I wonder if she will be at Comic Con?

7. One of the things I like about Christina is that she has that “Victorian” look about her and that makes her so suitable for Victorian roles. She wears those dresses well!

• Missy Fawkes says:

I totally agree! It’s almost as if she walked off that era and instantly landed in ours by mistake. I do like that she’s continuing to star/produce theses types of flix, they suit her well.

8. When will this show “Z” air?

9. Cheryl says:

Excellent casting, excellent material. Very much looking forward to this show.

10. James J. Lee says:

We were on vacation on 8-4-2015 in Savannah, Ga. We watched a scene from the filming of this movie in the historic district. Very interesting. I took pictures until the film crew said”No pictures”. I now have pics before the pilot comes out!! Yea!!!!

11. Bill Baldwin says:

I know I am going to watch it.