Game of Thrones Star, EP Talk Tragic Finale Twist: Is [Spoiler] Really Dead?

Jon Snow Dead

There are now three universal truths Game of Thrones fans must accept: “Winter is coming,” “The night is dark and full of terrors” and, as bluntly delivered by showrunner Dan Weiss, “Dead is dead.”

In a new interview with Entertainment Weekly, Weiss confirms that Jon Snow did, in fact, meet his demise in the final scene of Sunday’s season finale, as unfathomable as that might be to the audience.

“We would hope that after seeing the scene and the way it’s shot that the answer to that will be unambiguous in the minds of the people watching it,” Weiss says of Jon’s brutal death. “It’s not an, ‘Oh what just happened?’ scene.”

Even star Kit Harington is going on record about the tragic twist: “I’ve been told I’m dead,” he tells the mag. I’m dead. I’m not coming back next season.” He even says that “it felt like the right way for it to happen,” referring to Olly, Jon’s young steward, delivering the final blow.

Jon Snow DeadSo there you have it; as far as the HBO series is concerned, Jon Snow is dead. But what of his fate in George R.R. Martin‘s book series, upon which the show is based? Jon appeared to die at the end of Martin’s fifth book, A Dance With Dragons, but the author won’t confirm his future beyond that.

“If there’s one thing we know in A Song of Ice and Fire is that death is not necessarily permanent,” Martin tells EW.

And with that, we must ask the other million-dollar question: Even if Jon is dead, either in the show or the books or both, does that really mean we’ve seen the last of him? The mag notes that two fan theories currently reign supreme: Either Jon could be revived by Melisandre, who conveniently arrived at the Wall towards the end of the season finale, or he could have warged into his Direwolf — an ability previously displayed by Season 5 absentee Bran — in order to preserve his spirit.

We won’t know what the future holds (or doesn’t) for Jon until the show returns for Season 6, or until Martin releases his sixth book, though it’s anyone guess which will come first. In the meantime, what do you choose to believe? Cast your vote below, then drop a comment with your best theories.

1. webly3 says:

I believe that Melisandre is going to resurrect Jon Snow and that she’ll pledge her loyalty to him. But, it might not be in the same body because Kit Harington is leaving the show.

• Chol H Yoon says:

That may be too obvious, it might be his brother Bran with the aid from the children of the Forrest, or night king, who may declare Jon his heir (LOL), since they are both Starks.

• byesnow says:

Yes, and Kit Harington could even take season 6 off as they put the Jon Snow storyline “on ice” to develop Bran, Rickon, Arya & Sansa Starkses’ stories for a grand finale season 7…

• Drewer says:

I wondered about that too, maybe we just won’t go to the Wall next season (or maybe even they shot the resurrection before the close of this season and that’s all we will see of the wall next year, but will show it next? I don’t know if that is ever done though).

• mimi says:

We would definitely go to d wall cos Jon ‘s killers will go after the wildlings and will get killed!

• byesnow says:

He could even become a “good” or “surprise-twist” White Walker via the Night King, I guess…

• Lauracollins says:

I agree. It seemed too convenient that she showed up there and they made a point of showing her. If she does being him back I sure as hell hope hey don’t become an item because I am not over what she did to Shireen. That evil B

• Jenn says:

“I’m not coming back NEXT SEASON.” This doesn’t mean he isn’t coming back at all. Bran wasn’t in this season at all, yet he still has a place on the show.

• Isobel says:

Agree they may have Jon in Ghost for a season or some other way to explain where he is before he returns to his body in season 7. The wording of what kit and the directors are saying is important

• cookie says:

I’m with you I’ll wait and read GRRM’s book Winds of Winter before I return to the Show. Cause season 6 will be written by D/D and will not be the works of Martin. They too k the series to the end of Dances with the Dragons, SO the show needs to be renamed something else for season 6.

• Jo says:

Agreed…….I think John Snow is a worg and is coming back in Ollie’s body. In the book he doesn’t feel the pain and sees himself fall in the snow

2. Ian says:

Are people really going to take to Jon being played by a new actor though? It’s too late in the game for them to just expect a fanbase to accept something like that. I think they’ve gotten a bit tyrannical with pushing the envelope now.

• damroberts744 says:

No, I either think Kit Harington is still on the show and he and the producers are lying about his demise OR Jon Snow is really dead and they’re telling the truth. I sadly am leaning towards the latter.

3. Amy says:

What about the guy (I can’t remember his name it’s been so long) that could resurrect himself and others? Why would they show him a couple of seasons ago if they were never going to use him?
    SPOILERS!!!

In the books, the man found Caitlyn Stark’s body on the bank of a river (she’d been thrown there after she died at the wedding) and he resurrected her. Now I believe she was somewhat zombie-like and either led or joined with the white walker leader to get revenge. I’m not saying Jon would become a walker – they could change that outcome

• cookie says:

That was Beric with the Brothers without Banners and he gave Katherine his last life and died in the book. But he has his best friend who also has some powers.

4. ggny says:

Of course Kit and the creator are saying he isnt coming back. What are they gonna sit there and say Dont worry guys we are spoiling our huge cliffhanger 6 months before the premiere!

• LK says:

It certainly wouldn’t be the first time producers have lied about something like this

• Zayne says:

If you want to say he’s dead, don’t show a method of resurrection walk in the gate 30 seconds before you kill one of the characters that has been implied as the “Ice” portion of “A Song of Ice and Fire”.

He’ll either be immediately resurrected and they are all flat out lying which makes them huge dicks for at least not just being coy about it, or he’s actually dead and I’m done watching the show because there is no one left that I care enough about to suffer through the rest of the show.

• Jennifer says:

I agree with you 100%

• thesideye says:

A better cliffhanger wouldve been Melisandre leaning over Jon’s dead body and starting to do her magic…that wouldve been just as exciting. But this was just depressing and confusing. GRRM famously retorted “oh you think Jon is dead”? after his 5th book. There is a reason why fans are optimistic about his return and its not just wishful thinking. But HBO clearly wants to create depressed patients. Maybe they are working with the big pharma companies ;)

• LDMRNJ says:

Better? I don’t know. The way it was done is fairly spot on (aside from which Night’s Watch men did the stabbing) with the books. Jon’s last page in DwD is the mutiny and him blacking out as he calls for Ghost.

• Rain says:

Well said, my thoughts word for word!

• KCC says:

It’s a TV show. If they’re lying about what happens to Jon Snow who cares? It’s not like they’re cheating on their wives or stealing peoples retirement money or dumping toxic waste in our drinking water. It’s fiction, which by definition means the entire story is a “lie.” I believe what they said is Jon Snow is dead, which at the end of the episode I believe is true. To my knowledge they have not even hinted at what’s to come in season 6. I prefer not knowing and letting the story unfold as it’s broadcast. I enjoy being surprised as the story is told. Who wants spoilers anyway. I’m always of the mind if I enjoy a TV series I’ll stick with it even if I don’t like an event that occurs in a single episode. Since I’ve enjoyed what they’ve done so far I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt and see where it goes, especially this show. How many major characters have died in this series that at the time you thought “Why did they do that? I loved that character.” But new characters are brought in and secondary characters become major characters and the story continues.

• Exactly. Jon Snow is too central a point of view for him to be dead. Yes, I do believe he is dead, but not staying that way. Too much time and focus has been on establishing that Rheagar was a really nice guy, that Jon’s parentage is somewhat suspicious, the whole Littlefinger alluding to another scenario to Sansa….Melisandre’s visions ….all to end Jon’s storyline? I highly doubt it. without Jon there is no “Ice” in “Ice and Fire”. There isn’t anyone left in the north unless you believe that Sansa is going to the wall to fight. It’s not going to be Bran either. And no one is going to accept anyone but Kit Harrington as Jon. All these pre-show interviews are just smoke and mirrors. Does anyone really believe that HBO is going to tip their hand on the most successful show in their history?

• murley says:

This is what I am trying to say. The number of stories his death either leaves hanging or leaves with an unsatisfactory conclusion far outweigh the number interesting storylines his death opens up. Unless I am seriously missing something, Jon staying dead just doesn’t make sense!

5. Mr. Tran K says:

Season 5 finale = BLOODBATH

6. Mr. Tran K says:

I was very upset to see Jon Snow get stabbed to death and the men who told him FOR THE WATCH and I think people were upset about that too. I’m not quitting the show to see how the rest of the characters are going to move forward and where does Season 6 go from here.

7. Dude says:

I feel like Dan and Kit just need to go door to door and bludgeon every fan over the head with the truth at this point. He died. Jon Snow is gone. Is that really so hard to believe in a show that takes such pleasure killing Starks? I don’t honestly understand what’s with all the hero worship. He was fine but he was a pretty bland character who’s only real contribution to the series was his pretty face. He’s been considerably marginalized for the past two seasons and the writers don’t seem to know what to do with him so why is this so shocking?

• clearly we are watching different shows. also, you don’t read the books. Even without reading the books I don’t understand why you don’t know that Jon is central to this story…you have to look at the show as a whole, what everyone is saying and who they are saying it about. No Jon, no story,.

• Suruchi says:

Jon has a HUGE secret clinging to him regarding his parents. And his pretty face is the doorway to all his birth secrets. He has now unrevealed the fact that dragon made things are the way out of whitewalkers. He’s the most imp character on the show. He knows nothing. But he won’t juat die knowing nothing. BTW, we are talking about Game Of Thrones from HBO…

• thesideye says:

Well, probably because GRRM has repeatedly said Jon along with Dany and Tyrion are his central three characters. And he alluded that Jon isnt dead in post season 5 interviews. Not to mention the obvious clues in that book that hint at his resurrection. Its not wishful thinking. Its just common sense. Not sure how you can say he has been marginalized…if anything, he’s been given so much focus that many have complained itts too much.

• LDMRNJ says:

What’s so hard to believe? Because it’s not about the show. The show and the books are ultimately going to end up in the same place — which is exactly where ever GRRM has designed the story to go. Martin (who I take as a more solid authority on matters about who lives and dies) has been quoted as saying things like “Oh, so you think Jon is dead?” followed by the statement “My readers should know better than to take anything as gospel.” More recently he said “If there’s one thing we know in A Song of Ice and Fire is that death is not necessarily permanent.” So, to answer your question — Kit and Weiss can say whatever they want as many times as they want. Until GRRM settles the question in Book 6, I am not going to assume a resurrected Jon is off the table.

• Christopher says:

No the hbo writers are not working with grrm and the show in my opinion has went far from the books,especially in what made the men of the nights watch want to kill him…and stannis and brienne of tarth?yea you need to read the books cuz hbo screwed off going by the books a loooonnnggg time ago and in my opinion…they are blowin it.

• Death in the GoT world does not mean the end in either the books or the show. There is ample reason to suspect that Jon Snow is not gone, even if he’s dead. If you can’t comprehend such a thing, you either haven’t been paying attention to the show or you don’t understand the show.

8. murley says:

The thing about Jon’s death is that it serves no purpose, as far as I can see. It affects no other major character and progresses no other storyline. So why would they kill him permanently when him alive provides much more compelling stories that him dead. Killing him just to once again prove that no one is safe and provide a shocking end of season moment is a poor plotting choice. I would be very disappointed in all the writers if that were the case.

• Tarafen9227 says:

So, Jon’s death will not affect the story of the White Walkers? The two major characters (Stannis and Jon) who were leading the defence and understood that all humans needed to band together are dead. The Wildlings and Nights Watch are going to fall to infighting and be even less effective than they already would have been. But you’re right, Jon Snow’s death does no affect anything else in the show.

• murley says:

I don’t really see Jon’s death as necessary in the points you outlined. The white walkers already seem like an unstoppable threat. The wildlings and the night’s walk are already in conflict. Jon would be a much more interesting part of the white walker story alive and I don’t see how his death makes that story more compelling. To kill a character with so much story potential and significance to make already established problems and dynamics even more that way is not a good trade off. I respect your opinion but definitely stand behind what I said.

• cookie says:

Also why would he be considered an worthy aponnent to battle the Knights King, white walker if he’s dead. Even the Knights King realizes that Jon has the secret to killing them. So yes he has to be still be In the story. All this build up for him to die??? Yeah right.!!!

• mikadzki says:

Agree. how will the wildlings react to to Jon’s death

• Then what you are saying is…everyone dies now. Because without Jon, no one is going to live. Who else can lead? Sam? lol….Jon dying just puts everything into chaos with no way to gel it together. It makes no sense to the storyline.

• sheri says:

Hmmm, who else can lead? And if dragon-glass can kill white walkers, what could a DRAGON do to them? Is there a leader with dragons out there, somewhere?

• The default leader of the Wildlings, whatever big red’s name is, understands firsthand the threat that the white walkers pose as do the night’s watchmen who survived the whitewalker attack on the wildlings. He and Stannis were not the only remaining men who understand the impending slaughter they may face. His death might have served more of a purpose than Murley acknowledged but all of the clues we’ve been given thus far about his parentage, his potential resurrection, and his potential king’s blood all point to the fact that a living JS serves a much greater purpose to the plot and resolution than a dead JS would serve to the purpose you sited.

• murley says:

This is exactly what I am trying to articulate. The comparative purpose, alive versus dead. It isn’t that there is no purpose to be found in his death at all but his purpose alive is much greater and more significant to more plots and characters.

• Mary Ann says:

Is Stannis dead? We didn’t actually see Brienne strike the killing blow…

• KCC says:

He’s dead. We saw Brienne swing her sword and I doubt she missed or felt pity for him. He killed the man she swore an oath to protect and it’s her duty to avenge his death.

9. Mike R. says:

Like they would have Melisandre walk in right before his death for no reason. See you next season Jon…

10. Since says:

IF this is the end of Jon Snow… This was hands down the worst death in the series. And I don’t mean the most shocking, I mean worst – after surviving wildlings and wights and white walkers, he was stabbed to death by a ten-year-old. What a way to go…

11. Bradly Lewis says:

Kit Harrington has stated “as far as i know im dead” and that he “wont be returning NEXT season” perhaps… this is because his direwold is going to be taking his place? So the actor himself wont be needed? I guess the qjestion to ask is, is Jon Snow returning next season. Not kit harrington.

• If his run on the show had truly ended, would he have to preface the statement with “As far as I know”? When actors are killed off of TV shows, they know that they will not be back, unless they are on Days of Our Lives.

• cookie says:

Remember never say never, 2 hen Dearny went into the house of the Undead and she was tempted to accept a life with Khal Dradgo and he was holding their son and she had to be strong and not choose this, even as a vision they still brought him back!!! Well done I might add.

• Sam says:

“As far as I know” meaning if GRRM writes my resurrection, I will return..

12. Riana says:

He can cut his hair now.

13. Michael says:

well you survive a battle with the white walkers , you survive battles and how you die ? killed by your own men , not a good way to finish this season , if the season 6 will continue like 5 , for me will be the last season, because 8 of 10 episodes o i was bored to death and now one of the best characters dies :(

14. I am 53 years old. Male and never cried over a tv show or movie in my life but I shed tears when they stabbed Jon Snow. I really was emotionally compromised. (lol) ..

sad day for everyone in Westeros.

15. ARYA STARK wtf happened to her? is she now faceless?

16. thomas says:

How can you say dead is dead when 2 seconds before the Jon snow scene we just saw the zombie mountain?furthermore Kit Harington would have to lie to the press because if he was like yep I’ll be there next season it would be a spoiler

17. Paul Riley says:

Well the viewing figures for next season will dramatically drop…some girls only watched it because of Jon Snow lol

18. Suruchi says:

Has anyone observed how everyone is conventionally saying he’s dead, even Kit himself, and how the wicked brain behind it said death is not permanent? Has anyone observed how those ice eyes cut through Jon Snow at Hardhome? Jon Snow has a lot to achieve. And RR cannot just end the story without letting us know who’s Jon’s mother.

19. Kat says:

“Dead is dead” doesn’t really fly when it’s literally not true and dead people have been resurrected by magic on your show in previous seasons. I’ll believe Jon Snow is dead for good if the show ends without his resurrection. Until then, Kit and the showrunners can say he’s really dead and staying that way until the cows come home and I won’t believe it, even if he doesn’t show up until the very end. From a narrative standpoint there are far more interesting storylines opened up by him being resurrected and no longer being bound by his NW vows, and it’s not the first time cast and crew have lied about death to preserve a twist (Orphan Black comes to mind).

• LDMRNJ says:

Right – to quote GRRM himself “If there’s one thing we know in A Song of Ice and Fire is that death is not necessarily permanent.”

20. Brandon says:

Wasn’t it reported that Kit Harington had inked a contract deal for seasons 6 & 7. Sure, this can change and all, but considering how far ahead into the story D&D appear to be, I wouldn’t think they’d secure the actors if they were hesitant about their necessity.

• Sam says:

Yeah it certainly sounds like they are on the down low concerning John Snow. To say he will return for next season would give the show AND the books the biggest spoiler is history.

21. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

Didn’t get a chance to see the finale but i’m not/kind of surprised that Jon Snow died. I already knew from the book, but I thought MAYBE he’ll be alive and make it to season 6. But I REALLY DO hope he will be resurrected by the Red Woman (Melisandre) OR have his spirit transfer into Ghost.

22. AKA says:

Maybe his spirit will go into one of the dragons?

23. Remember the last words maester Aemon said to Jon: “Kill the boy, Jon Snow, and let the man be born”. They are essential to Jon’s current situation which is a rite of passage of sorts. We witnessed the death of the boy, and now we have to wait for his rebirth (probably not as Snow).

• Sam says:

Wow. I completely forgot about that line. That’s first time I’ve seen that brought up after days and days of Internet research. Kill the boy John snow. He would have to die to become Azor Ahai right?

24. THE IS NO WAY JON SNOW IS ALIVE HE WAS STABBED 16 TIMES… NO WAY HE IS ALIVE… NO WAY

25. WELL THE CABLE SHOW HAS GONE (SOUTH) FROM THE BOOKS SO WHO KNOWS.. REALLY RIGHT?…

26. Simon says:

As a book reader, I was curious to see how they were going to handle this. I’m surprised they are so adamant in saying that he is not coming back, as I think the way that passage is phrased in the book guarantees that SOMETHING would eventually happen. Yet I’d prefer to believe that GOT writers do not engage in the same misdirection as the people over at Revenge

27. m3rcnate says:

The set-up WAAAAAY too much with his character to kill him. I mean whats the point of all the Melisandre & John scenes where she asks him if hes a virgin and talks about royal blood and the implication of who Jon Snow’s parents are? Obviously Jon Snow is extremely important given the fact GRRM asked D&D one question to know if they know GOT really well or not and that was; “Who is Jon Snow’s mother?”.
    The timing of Melisandre showing up is suspect, the lack of us seeing him die is suspect (all we saw was him alive and bleeding out). And most of all like i said….his story and POV and importance (R+L=J) is way too huge to just end like that. Daenerys is also in that boat IMO that their stories are too important to end this soon. To me the Song of Ice and Fire is Jon Snow & Daenerys (shes fire, hes ice, they take down the White Walkers together).
    But we will see.

• Bob Mielke says:

Watch the scene again. When he is lying there and bleeds out, his eyes dilated. He died. Whether that remains permanent…

28. Rob says:

Well, I for one know that if there’s no Jon Snow then I’m done with the Show! Jon Snow was the only Character that was worth watching in this series anyway! His unflinching loyalty was one to aspire to (that alone with the 8ft women Brienne of Tarth…lol). But in all seriousness… I’m done with this show if Jon Snow is killed off!!!

29. ab says:

jon could become a white walker, if they do not burn his body quickly he will turn! he could even retain some of his personality and infiltrate the army of the dead and help destroy it.

30. Diane says:

Here’s the best solution: that was not John Snow being stabbed, but a doppleganger created by Melisandre (like she did for Mance in the books, where only someone that looked like him was burned). I do not want John Snow to die, or his whole birth “mystery” would be pointless. He has to ride one of the dragons. When Melisandre said she “only saw snow”, she didn’t yet know it meant John Snow…but now that Stannis is dead (not yet in the books, though), she needs someone else to serve who is a “real king”. And that has to be John Snow. So, I believe someone else died for him, and that we will see John Snow again. That’s my opinion and I am sticking to it!

31. V says:

The answer from the fans stance, should be simple, like mine. No more book sales for Martin, and stop watching the show. What’s the point? Everyone is gonna get killed off.
    There’s really no guessing involved.
    There is no other outcome.

32. project legacy says:

Jon Snow may be dead for now and Kit Harrington may not be back for next season (though I doubt that), but he’ll be brought back to life eventually. Melisandre coming back is a bit of a clue, well that and the fact that the novel series is call “A Song of Ice and Fire” of which Jon Snow is very important to the meaning of those words.

33. JustLookAtTheFlowers says:

I think Jon’s death is different than Ned’s beheading and the Red Wedding and here’s why. In the books, there are several prophecies, dreams, and visions that seem to point to him being important in the big war with the White Walkers. Then there’s all the mystery around his true parents. There were no similar prophecies about Ned or Robb – they were just likable heroes. Jon still has a role to play in this series. To kill him, which may be what D&D plan, would be really poor writing. You don’t build a character up to be something important and then kill him. That’s beyond cruel.

Just like I don’t for a second believe that Daenerys or Tyrion are going to die, at least not until the final book of the series.

If D&D and/or GRRM do decide to unceremoniously kill these characters, then what was the point of the series other than a big FU to the fans who have been supporting the author and show for decades?

• Isobel says:

Agree Jon’s storyline hasn’t ended, which is why I believe he’ll be resurrected. And yeah Jon, Dany and Tyrion are the three characters who won’t be killed off till the very end, and may survive the whole book series

34. Ollie Rundle says:

Jon Snow’s permanent death in the continuity of the show – leaving the now divergent plot of the books completely aside – actually makes a good deal of sense. The deaths of Jon and Stannis in this episode and the death of Mance before them means that there are now few or none who give the threat of the White Walkers much thought.

The southern kingdoms and even the Boltons in the north are more concerned with their own power struggles. There’s few examples within the previous five seasons that suggest any of them are even aware of the danger beyond the Wall.

And then there’s the potential foreshadowing in the fifth season alone. Danys wants to ‘break the wheel’ of the seven kingdoms, change the way they’re ruled completely but beyond vague words and cliches appears to have little in the way of practical ideas about how to do that. More importantly perhaps, as Tyrion finally said to her this season, there is no-one waiting in Westeros for her glorious return as she’s been promised by previous advisors. Up until this point she would be returning as a conqueror and a tyrant – hard to break the wheel by continuing the tyranny of the Iron Throne with nothing more than a change of colours and sigils.

But what if the deaths of Jon, Stannis and Mance, the ignorance of the southern kingdoms and the isolationist practices of the Night’s Watch allow winter to come? What if these events open the way for an invasion by the White Walkers? We know that dragon glass and Valyrian steel and little else can kill them and who has the only known dragons left in the world? Who is the descendent of the Valyrian empire and living now in the lands where that same empire once held their seat of power?

Wouldn’t returning as a liberator rather than a conqueror be a means to break the wheel and gain the influence needed to shape a new system from whatever pieces are left behind?

35. Ian says:

One of two things are going to happen, Jon is either going to be revived by melissandra, who showed great interest in Jon since she got to the wall and really has no other game plan at this point, or second, he really will be dead because they do not go strictly from the books and have to switch things up for TV and also so there is some shock value. I’m torn here, in hoping the red woman brings him back but it wouldn’t surprise me if they don’t, I would bet anything George does bring him back in the books tho !!!

36. Charmaine says:

the show is literally breaking my heart

37. Alexandra says:

I’m depressed.

38. Hattie says:

I knew this was coming (based on the books) but do not believe Jon is dead. My concern now is that he will be resurrected in a form that is not Kit Harrington – and that is unacceptable to me. I can handle him living as Ghost for a bit but not a different actor as Jon. I also want him to be himself and not messed up like Lady Stoneheart (from the books). Killing Jon now – in such a stupid way that does not advance any of the storylines – would be the dumbest move ever for the books and for the show. I am choosing to believe the only reason the producers and Kit are speaking out is in deference to the author and not wanting to spoil anything about Book 6. If they reassured fans that Jon was returning, it would reveal a huge plot twist in the book. Fingers crossed.

39. Norial says:

If Jon is dead, a large portion of the show, and probably most important, has to shut down. That is the “wall”. There is no other character left to watch the wall. Shutting down the wall is, practically, loosing the show. With all do respect, changing Dario to another actor weakened that part significantly though the actor had done a good job. If Jon Snow showed up in a different character other than Kit, kiss the show goodbye…

40. cookie says:

It leaves to many loose ends, with the wildlings inside the wall, when they find out that a man of honor and their hero was assassinated WAR will break out. Also Jon saved Bran before when Yrigritts people were after him and Hodor, also Melisandre could have gone anywhere in the 7 kingdoms but she conveniently she shows up at Castle Black? She could have re joined the Brothers without Banners and Beric, but nooo she goes back to the Wall. Not buying it.

41. SAM says:

KIT HARINGTON SAID HE : IM NOT COMING BACK IN SEASON 6 . THE KEY WORD IS NOT IN SEASON 6 .BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN HE WONT COME BACK IN SEASON 7. THE KIDS WHO PLAY BRAN AND RICKON STARK ARE ALIVE BUT HIDDEN . JON COULD BE TAKING A BREAK BUT WILL COME BACK IN SEVEN .LIKE SAM SAID BEFORE JON SNOW ALWAYS COMES BACK! KEY WORDS ALWAYS COMES BACK! JON IS A BIG PLAY OR KEY PLAYER BECAUSE R+L=JON SNOW. JON IN THE BOOK DREAMED OF FIGHTING THE WHITEWALKERS AT THE WALL. OR IT WASN’T AT THE WALL , WELL MY POINT IS HE DREAMED OF FIGHTING WHITEWALKERS THOUGH. THE BOOKS AND THE SHOW ALWAY POINT IT OUT ,EVERY CLUE IN EVERY BOOK AND SEASONS AND EPISODE R+L IS BROUGHT UP.. I HAVE HOPE JON WILL COME BACK IN SEASON 7 TO RULE THE SEVENS AND DEFEAT WHITE WALKERS LIKE HE WAS BORN TO. AND GET REVENGE ON THOSE WHO KILLED HIM. HOUSE OF STARK : WINTER IS COMING . BUT THE HOUSE OF GREYJOY WORDS SEEM TO FIT MORE IN THIS :WHAT IS DEAD MAY NEVER DIE BUT RISES AGAIN HARDER AND STRONGER. THAT IS WHAT JON SNOW’S RESURRECTION IS GONNA MEAN TO ALL HIS LOYAL FANS.

42. Pati says:

This was the most upsetting. I like the show but its really depressing. No one wins, there is never anything good, its only tragedy and rape and humiliation, if they are not following the books then why Kill him?

What’s gonna happen next season, Dany will probably suffer all season and the stupid brother will probably be back with all his visions. Not good GOT

43. Tim says:

There’s an easy way in real life to know if he is permanently dead in the show.
    If Kit Harington cuts his hair.

44. Alex says:

In my opinion the theory which Melisandre arrives back at the wall would be most convenient. We’ve already seen practitioners of the light God resurrect a man from the dead, and Mellisandre is a priestess of the light God .

But another theory that definitely makes sense to me and that I could see happening is Jon Warged into his dire wolf ghost. Think about it ghost is always there to protect Jon Snow. Ghost even protects Samwel Tarly and Gilly, exactly as Jon would. But in the scene where Jon is betrayed by the nights watch, you’d think ghost would be there like most times when Jon is in trouble, and help him fend off enemies. But ghost is conveniently absent when Jon Snow needs him most.

45. I love Ramsay he is my fave please Mr Martin dont kill him off please

46. Spring 2016? Who’ll be next at the Wall? And who gets his sword? Didn’t they say some ranger guy was still alive? Benjen Stark?

47. Rashan O'Donnell says:

I know that everyone is sad about this, but if Jon does come back, then this is the perfect loophole for him to leave the watch without breaking any oaths and perhaps become the king of Winterfell.
    If there’s one thing that I’ve learned about GOT is that the good comes with the bad, and the bad with the good, like everyday life not some hero laden tale of good triumphing over all.
    Its just that in fantasy, (not horror – another genre, and not tragedy) the good guys usually win in the end. GOT would have to be the first popular fantasy show that doesn’t do this as a rule – reality over what we want.

48. Codlock says:

For me Jon’s death being permanent doesn’t make sense from a writing standpoint. If he stays dead the seemingly significant wall storyline is done. Sam is on his way to maester college so I guess they could follow the life of Ser Alister Thorn or Olly at the wall but who cares about them? Melisandre’s story also has no where else to go if Jon stays dead. Stannis is most likely gone and even if he isn’t she abandoned him for a reason. So if she’s not at the wall to resurrect Jon where does she go from here? Is she there to serve the remainder of the nights watch? I doubt it. She seems too important to just write off the show at this point. So I see no other purpose for her being there than to continue her interaction with Jon (which is much more substantial in the books). Also the question of Jon’s parentage going unresolved seems unlikely since George R R Martin used it as a test question when selecting the tv show runners. The show runners say dead is dead yet in season 3 we were introduced to Beric Dondarian. He was resurrected numerous times by a red priest and Melisandre was there to see him when she kidnapped Gendry. So I guess dead is dead except for minor characters who most people have forgotten. I think she will find Jon dead and call on the Lord of Light to bring him back just like Thoros did with Beric. This seems like a much more interesting scenario than the Nights watch burning Jon’s body killing his dire wolf and using his sword to chop carrots. I could be wrong but I’ve read the books and watched the show enough that I have a fairly good idea where both of them are heading.

49. karen says:

Jon can’t be dead …..all the drama about his parents ….and then kill him off n don’t tell….that would be a bad screw up for the show

50. nashoba says:

I want to start off by saying if Jon Snow is gone then unfortunately you have lost many viewers. My hopes are Bran with all his new abilities is able to save Jon by entering his body from wherever he may be and somehow healing him.