Dawson's Creek, Buffy Reruns Coming to ABC Family This Summer

Dawson's Creek Buffy ABC Family

ABC Family is giving its young viewers a much-needed crash course in the classics.

Already a haven for more Gilmore Girls reruns than you could shake a stick at, the network will soon add Dawson’s Creek and Buffy the Vampire Slayer to its ranks, according to TV Insider.

Beginning June 29, Dawson’s Creek will air weekdays at 12/11c, with Buffy following at 5/4c. Both runs will begin with the series’ pilots, so neither you nor your DVR have any excuses for missing out. (Side note: Can you imagine going back in time and explaining the concept of DVRs to your angsty, ’90s self?)

ABC Family is also sweetening the pot with a “Fan Favorite Week” (June 22-26), which will feature episodes selected by fans online.

Your thoughts on this WB-eautiful news? Which episodes of each show would you select as your fan-favorites? Drop a comment with your picks below.

1. Mr. Tran K says:

Don’t recall if ABC Family was airing reruns of Everwood which featured a familiar face in Chris Pratt before Parks and Rec and becoming a major movie star.

• ZMaX says:

It was! But that didn’t last too long and it was pulled off the schedule.

They should give it a shot again. It’ll probably do better this time around with Chris Pratt and Emily VanCamp having more star power than before.

• Abby says:

Yes! I was ranting to someone about this the other day! It was such a fantastic show and I think people would check it out curious to see young Chris Pratt and get sucked in. So many members of the cast have gone on to become recognizable faces. Sarah Drew and Gregory Smith have done well. Tom Amandes has had recurring roles on several shows, including Scandal.

2. Eric7740 says:

The All-Nighter
    To Be or Not To Be
    That Is the Question
    True Love
    You Had Me At Goodbye
    Downtown Crossing
    All Good Things….Must Come to an End (series finale)

• Phillip says:

Hush was my favorite episode of Buffy.

• Patrick says:

It was one of the best episodes of TV. Full stop. There is no definitive “best” episode due to differing formats, eras, etc. But Hush is in the conversation, and that is saying something.

3. Denise Rambo says:

I hope they’re going to show them in order. It’s frustrating when episodes of serialized shows are shown out of order.

4. hello says:

Is Buffy going to be the horrendous HD-versions?

5. ggny says:

Dawson was on ABC Family for awhile every morning. It is where i rewatched it. Nice to see it is back. Now just bring back Everwood reruns

6. c-mo says:

Yay! Also happy to see that they’ll still show GG, they’re just dispensing with the 2nd ep.

7. Steven says:

Now if they just get syndication rights to Charmed then my childhood will be complete.

• Linda says:

If I’m not mistaken, TNT airs Charmed early in the mornings before Supernatural.

• Steven says:

I’m not usually home at that time. I miss when they used to air it in the afternoons. I’d love back to back Buffy and Charmed.

• Brandy says:

Much like the article talked about, you also might need someone to explain the concept of DVRs…

• Steven says:

Thanks Brandy, I know how a DVR works. I’ve seen every episodes of both shows. If they’re on I’ll watch it, but I’m not going to go out of my way to DVR it.

8. James says:

Bring Everwood reruns back!

9. Bwhit says:

My favorite Dawson’s Creek Episode is the season 3 finale(can’t remember the name). Plus it showed us what an awful cry face James Van der beek has! I also liked the Longest day episode. I’m totally team Pacey :)

10. Yunuem says:

Buffy:
    Innocence, becoming, lovers walk, the wish, something blue, hush, fool for love, the body, tough love, the gift, bargaining, once more with feeling, conversations with dead people, lies my parents told me, chosen.

11. Mollytanner says:

Didn’t ABC Family air Friday Night Lights reruns a few years ago? But they were very low rated so the reruns got cancelled? It was only a week or two.

12. Carrie says:

Awesome. BTVS is my all-time favorite show.

13. Joey says:

Reminder that if you don’t cry at least at one point during The Body, then you should really do some soul-searching.

• safistikaytdlayd says:

The body still makes me weep! During the final scenes when Dawn had conjured Joyce and she was knocking at the door and Buffy muttered “mommy”!!! Wow!!! what great acting skills!!!! Sarah Michelle Gellar really did her thing in that episode!!!

14. Kari Knowles says:

Buffy reruns show on Pivot, usually Tuesdays. Hush was on last night.

15. Jenny says:

They’re on Netflix and I have the DVDS but I’m still tuning in! Lol

16. Kayleigh Stewart says:

Dawsons’s Creek- season three episode 23(True Love)
    Buffy- Season six episode 7 (Once More, With Feeling)

17. Dennis says:

It’s like The WB is being reborn!! Awesome news

18. Dennis says:

Everwood reruns yes did air on FOX family or ABC family… Yes?

19. Not a happy mom says:

ABC family is a joke. Thanks to ABC family my 5 year old now walks around trying to figure out who is a girl and who is a boy that turned into a girl. This is all because when we watched Harry Potter, ABC Family kept airing their commercials for a new series about a transgender family. A show like that belong on MTV, E! or TLC…not ABC Family -_-

20. RUCookie says:

BUFFY!!!! This makes me so happy. It remains my favorite televisions show. It had it all – drama, comedy. romance, action, and pop culture goodness. For Fan Favs – the obvious ones will win (and they are among my favs) – Hush, Once More With Feeling, Becoming 2, Innocence, The Body, and maybe Chosen. All great choices – but for stand alone episodes – how about The Wish, I Only Have Eyes For You, Helpless, Normal Again (that one still makes my head spin), and LIfe Serial (for some laughter)

21. Maggie says:

My teen self would be mindblown by a DVR; however, the fact that I was passing VCR tapes of Dawson’s Creek around the school definitely helped my 8th grade popularity game.

22. Jared says:

I personally give ABC Family permission to rerun ANY episode of Buffy or Dawson’s Creek after PLL instead of that awful Stitchers..lol

23. Elle says:

I wonder what shows they’re getting rid of; the ones that air in those times now or are they going to reshedule those for another time and get rid of other shows.

24. Liz says:

Can they bring back Felicity?! That was another great show! Love Scott foley and Scott speedman.

25. Fernanda says:

there was a controversy about Buffy hd format on Pivot network, it will be the same thing with Dawson in hd widescreen?

26. andrea says:

Looooooveeeeee iiiiiiiit!!! Jajajajaja i downloaded Dawson’s creek final episode and cried so much!!! I felt like 16 again 😍😍😍

27. Man I thought Sarah Michelle Gellar and that dude from Dawson Creek were staring in a show together for ABC Family…LOL

28. B says:

Best News of the Week

29. B says:

SMG deserves an honorary Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress in A Drama Series!! Why she was overlooked is beyond me? This series deserves some recognition I know it tops critics and fans best of lists but it deserves some recognition from the Emmy’s besides that too little too late tribute they threw together

• misery chick says:

I feel the exact same way about Lauren Graham who was astonishing in both
      “Gilmore Girls” and “Parenthood”. 😠

30. N says:

What is this new trend of showing 90s TV shows with DVD replacement music instead of the original broadcast music? First Pop has ruined BH90210 and Melrose and now Dawson’s Creek on ABC Family. I miss SOAPNet!!!

31. ctillman says:

I m so happy to read this. I grew up watching the WB when they actually had GREAT show a. Then they switched to cw. They dint make shoes like these anymore. Dawsons Creek, Felicity, Buffy, Sabrina…etc. I remember literally getting excited to watch Dawsons Creek, waiting for the summer to be over and when recording in tapes…Lol. and when the final season was airing I was dreading it. I wanted it to continue. Television wasn’t the same for me. I didn’t watch tv much but every Wednesday night at 7pm, I was either rushing home or waiting counting down the time my show was coming on. Oh the old days.

32. Joey and Pacey= LOVE says:

Did they cancel the Dawson’s Creek reruns already??? :( … I’ve been so excited about the reruns it’s become part of my mid-day routine, but for the past week instead of Dawson’s Creek I’ve been getting double episodes of Gilmore Girls back to back. Don’t get me wrong I like Gilmore Girls.. but Dawson’s Creek was and will always be my favorite show… so please tell me they didn’t stop rerunning it!

• misery chick says:

On the west coast it’s on at 8 am-still on but
      probably too early for your mid-day routine, sorry! I’m beyond THRILLED that I get my GG double dose M-F again!

33. Becky Thurston says:

Why are you ending Dawson’s Creek before all of the episodes are shown? You will show sitcoms thru all of their seasons several times and now this show ends before they even get thru their senior year. Would love to see the next episodes thru to the end.

• Jen says:

Was wondering the same thing. Switching to Pop Tv…they are just about to wrap up season 2 & show 2 back to back episodes Monday-Friday.

34. Abbey says:

What a waste!! I have been recording Dawson’s Creek every morning. I was excited it came to ABC Family because I haven’t seen the series since its original run. It was nice going back to my teen years watching the show. Kind of like my guilty pleasure lol. The series finally started airing my favorite season (4) because of Pacey and Joey and they cancel it and show boy/girl meets world?

Netflix needs to add Dawson’s Creek please! Why? Couldn’t they have least let the show run through? For a non prime time spot and for a re run series it must have been doing pretty good viewer wise by the amount of people who have commented their anger about this sudden cancellation on various blogs all over the Internet.

• Jen says:

I noticed that too! Pacey & Joey episodes were always my favorite. Sucks that they appear to be replacing it with Boy Meets World re-runs! Oh well. Pop TV is showing Dawson’s Creek as well. 2 back to back episodes, Monday -Friday starting at Noon East time. They are just wrapping up the 2nd season this week. Hopefully, they will show the series in it’s entirety.

• N says:

The problem with Pop is that they cut scenes and use replacement music — at least that’s how they’ve ruined BH90210 and Melrose. Buffy is being shown on Pivot.

35. Princessnish77 says:

I want Dawson creek back!! Enough with all the boy meets world reruns..I like that show but come on..

36. Cstarpineda says:

Please finish Dawsons Creek. You teased us with the first 3 seasons. You can show Boy Meets World some other time.

37. KQ says:

It was great, Dawson’s Creek, reruns being played until it was cut from the schedule? Why was it removed?

38. Shanahan says:

And as of Oct. 5, Buffy is no longer on the ABC Family schedule, less than halfway into the series. Thanks a lot.

39. Ashley says:

Is Dawson creek coming back on???

40. tsevca says:

Some of us still have it on VHS (only to still have anything to play it on :D), but it´s good that even the M generation gets the chance to see this classics.