Fall TV Preview

CBS Fall Premiere Dates: Supergirl Gets Big October Launch

CBS Premiere Dates

CBS is first out of the gate this year in detailing its premiere plan for the 2015-16 TV season, and the network once again kicks things off with Thursday Night Football on Sept. 17.

But the big news is the Eye’s decision to launch Supergirl after The Big Bang Theory in late October. Greg Berlanti’s anticipated drama will debut on Monday, Oct. 26 at 8:30/7:30c after an original episode of Big Bang. It will then move into its regular Monday-at-8/7c slot on Nov. 2.

Elsewhere, CSI’s two-hour series finale will air Sunday, Sept. 27, the Eye’s post-football Thursday line-up (Big Bang, Life in Pieces, Mom, Angel From Hell, Elementary) returns Nov. 5 — a week later than last year.

On deck for midseason: Returning shows Person of Interest, 2 Broke Girls, Mike & Molly, Undercover Boss and The Odd Couple, and new dramas Rush Hour and Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders.

All told, the CBS schedule looks like this…

THURSDAY, SEPT. 17
7:30 pm Thursday Night Football Pre-Game Show
8:25 pm Thursday Night Football (Denver @ Kansas City)

MONDAY, SEPT. 21
8 pm The Big Bang Theory (Season 9)
8:30 pm LIFE IN PIECES (new)
9 pm Scorpion (Season 2)
10 pm NCIS: LA (Season 7)

TUESDAY, SEPT. 22
8 pm NCIS (Season 13)
9 pm NCIS: New Orleans (Season 2)
10 pm LIMITLESS (new)

WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 23
8 pm Survivor (Season 31)
9:30 pm Big Brother Finale

FRIDAY, SEPT. 25
8 pm The Amazing Race (Season 27)
9 pm Hawaii Five-0 (Season 6)
10 pm Blue Bloods (Season 6)

SATURDAY, SEPT. 26
10 pm 48 Hours (Season 28)

SUNDAY, SEPT. 27
7 pm 60 Minutes (Season 48)
9 pm CSI (series finale)

WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 30
9 pm Criminal Minds (Season 11)
10 pm CODE BLACK (new)

SUNDAY, Oct. 4
8 pm Madam Secretary (Season 2)
9 pm The Good Wife (Season 7)
10 pm CSI: Cyber (Season 2)

MONDAY, OCT. 26
8 pm The Big Bang Theory
8: 30 SUPERGIRL (new)
9:30 Scorpion
10: 30 Comedy encore

MONDAY, NOV. 2
8 pm Supergirl (regular time period premiere)
9 pm Scorpion
10 pm NCIS: Los Angeles

THURSDAY, Nov. 5
8 pm The Big Bang Theory
8: 30 pm Life in Pieces
9 pm Mom (Season 3)
9: 30 pm ANGEL FROM HELL (new)
10 pm Elementary (Season 4)

1. Boiler says:

Just get 2 Broke Girls back. The new comedies look awful

• Mr. Tran K says:

I know if only 2BG should make the move to Thursdays when the new season premieres mid-season depending on the possibility that it should be placed in the post TBBT time slot aka 8:30 p.m.

• Mr. Tran K says:

BTW, not so sure if Life in Pieces is going to breakout in the post TBBT time slot but I think Angel From Hell is going to fail depending on how many episodes it will air and I have a feeling that CBS should move 2 Broke Girls to Thursdays but I think the network should placed 2BG either in the post TBBT time slot (8:30 p.m.) or in the post Mom time slot (9:30 p.m.) because it may be a disaster to see the Kat and Beth sitcom getting placed at 9 p.m. going up against Scandal, Blacklist, Sleepy Hollow and The Originals.

• brandydanforth81 says:

I want it back soon too.Cantbelve they benched it & Mike& Molly

2. Shaun says:

Putting it after a comedy?wth.NCIS LA is on S8?Man time has flown by.

3. Well, yeah. Supergirl needs all the help it can get, so why not put it after the most successful sitcom in recent years?

4. Dennis says:

I don’t want to wait until October for The Good Wife wtf

5. crog says:

CBS is so lame always using bbt and ncis to launch stuff. Everyone sees a massive launch then it drops so much, just showing that it didn’t benefit anything. Same thing they did with intelligence. Huge 16m premiere then it dropped 10m in its normal spot. They have zero faith in anything new

• Boiler says:

Yea I never really get that either. Hopefully advertisers not fooled by it but I suppose somehow it is spun to be good

6. Kim says:

Why do we have to wait until Nov for Elementary to come back, ugh that is such a long wait! :(

• Boiler says:

Kim I totally agree but the positive part of football is that it should mean fewer reruns although I think it hurts the show ratings wise in general

• Jennifer says:

I agree. Why can’t Elementary start in September? Elementary is one of the best shows on television. We need it to start the fall season.

7. Tex Mike says:

I’m sad that they are in the process of killing Person Of Interest.

• hud says:

TEX MIKE: Perhaps if CBS could talk Root/Shaw into some lesbo love scenes rating would spike. Agree POI one of the few shows on CBS worth watching. That will be the cause of it’s decline.

8. KC says:

Super girl = Super fail

9. Brigid says:

I’m so nervous for Supergirl airing on CBS. People who watch CBS don’t usually do Fantasy/Sci Fi and I just feel like it will get cancelled quickly when it could excell on the CW. I watch nothing on CBS as it doesn’t cater to my taste, but I might have to because of Supergirl. Maybe I should check the pilot out on line as to avoid the laugh tracks of TBBT, Ugh!

• JB says:

You’re correct about CBS not usually having youth oriented shows.
      Remember “Love Monkey”?
      Not a bad show…just on the wrong network.

10. Nana3 says:

Really CBS 2 Broke Girls premieres S5 mid-season!!! I wish it was back on in the fall. It will probably stay at Mondays when it returns. I bet if the other new shows don’t make it far I hope they put 2BG on sooner.

11. BrightLight says:

Airing a one hour show at 30 minutes after the hour is definitely strange, but Supergirl probably needs the help. Although I for one loved the pilot and I figured I wouldn’t.

12. Mr. Tran K says:

Not surprised at all that Supergirl is debuting in late October after Big Bang Theory and in the following week is settling into its regular time slot at 8 p.m. CBS should have high hopes for Supergirl if it’s going to become one of the breakout hits of the season. Not interested for the rest of its new shows like dramas Limitless and Code Black along with comedies Life in Pieces and Angel From Hell. One other thing: still no official word on which CBS series is going to get the post Super Bowl episode on February 7, 2016.

• Dean says:

I’m worried if they debut it and then move it the next week it will end up like that Meghan Ory and Marg Helgenberger show last year.

• Emor says:

The post Super Bowl show will be Rush Hour. It completely fits the football demo. And… GO HAWKS!!

• Mr. Tran K says:

Come on Emor. It would be a total disaster if Rush Hour gets the post Super Bowl episode. Either Supergirl or Scorpion should get the post Super Bowl show. As for late night of the big game, it’s a toss-up between Colbert or Corden.

13. HAP says:

Late debuts? The NFL strikes again!

14. Boiler says:

No opinion either way but I find it interesting that people disliked Melissa on Glee but Superman looks great. I do like Melissa but won’t watch as don’t like genre…..already too much

15. Kvivik says:

Why is Scorpion on the list 3 times? Are they going to have one episode in Sept then one in Oct, then again in Nov?

16. JC says:

All I care about is Person Of Interest. Very disappointed in CBS.

• Mr. Tran K says:

I have a feeling that POI should pull a Mentalist if there’s a chance that Season Five is going to be its last now that the series is getting a 13-episode run instead of 22.

17. At least Criminal Minds isn’t October again. That’s all I care about really.

• Angela says:

Considering season 10 started on October 1st, season 11 starting on September 30th isn’t really that much of a difference, though.
      Still, though, yay, good to know the date regardless. *Makes note*

18. Mondays this fall: Superman in a dress squares off against teary-eyed 12 year old Batman.

19. Chase says:

no person of interest so whatever where it belongs

20. JIm J. says:

Considering the limited space for the CBS Comedy Division (only two hours on Thursdays), I would hate for either of the new single-camera sitcoms to become even moderate successes or be given full-season orders, because that will make it even harder for “Mike & Molly” and “2 Broke Girls” to come back. I think “Supergirl” is going to end up hurting the CBS Comedy Division. Who plans to tune out after “The Big Bang Theory”?

#TuneOutBeforeTheLeadOut

21. Boiler says:

Get rid of CSI Cyber, move Limitless to Sunday, Supergirl to 8 Tuesday with NCIS’s following that and get 2 Broke Girls and Mike and Molly back

22. Lore says:

Elementary until november? are you kidding me??

23. Stephen says:

Sorry, not sure when mid season is – when does Person of Interest return?

• Paul says:

Mid-season usually means January. When PoI ends this, most likely its last, season, that’ll leave the Big Bang Theory, which sucked fumes last season and needs improve this season or I’ll retire. And that’ll be it until CBS actually comes up with shows that interest me.

24. Paul says:

I just don’t watch much CBS any more…

25. Courtney says:

So, is TBBT moving to Thursdays as of November 5th? Or will it start airing on Thursdays the week before?

26. Ken says:

Does she need to have a substandard hairstyle when she is being “normal”? Too many hair clips and the like. I’ll probably watch the first few episodes to see if this improves. But I’ll be gone if it doesn’t.

27. rudsta says:

I thought NCIS;NO and Madam Secretary were in in their third season?

28. rudsta says:

I thought NCIS;NO and Madam Secretary were in their third seasons?

29. Rupam Singh says:

Supergirl=Supercute

30. Jennifer says:

I can’t believe we have to wait until January to see Person of Interest. POI is a great show. Shaw is coming back full-time to the show. CBS u need to give them a full season!!!

31. DCH says:

What really is kinda upsetting to me is that it sorta seems like CBS is trying to get rid of Person of Interest. The show has had really good ratings, although they have fallen off some, but still its still a popular show. I see some are saying its because CBS doesn’t own the POI, but hey if its getting acceptable ratings, then why replace it with a new show that can completely bomb, or why allow a show that isn’t doing good in the ratings dept to stay and force POI out? It doesn’t make any sense. My only hope is that if CBS is truely stupid enough to drop a popular show on their network just because they don’t own the show, that Netflix or another network will pick it up for a season 6. If anyone else has any ideas to this matter of POI staying on CBS I’d love to hear why you think.

32. Kimberly Saccavino says:

When does two broke girls premier? I heard it was suppose to be coming back this fall.

33. Kernin and Kyle Kennedy says:

When is Mike and Moly new season starting???? this show with James Brolin is STUPID AS HELL!! good grief—

34. Please bring back Mike and Molly and get rid of those stupid reality shows they suck. I have been watching Mike and Molly reruns waiting for the new fall episodes the new one with the 3 separate families suck. Put Mike and Molly back on!!!!!!!!! The Big Bang Therary and Mike and Molly are the best things on TV. The new fall shows are horrible bring back Mike and Molly PLEASE.