The Bachelorette Recap: Finding Love In the (N)ick of Time?

The Bachelorette Nick Viall

It wouldn’t be a season of The Bachelorette without a villain or two. (Plus a helicopter ride.) (Plus “The most dramatic rose ceremony in franchise history.”) But, as seen in Monday’s installment, Season 11 is introducing its bad guys in a slightly unconventional way.

See, the first three weeks of ABC’s reality series brought with ’em more than a few antagonists. How soon we’ve forgotten Ryan “How am I not raping you right now?” McDill, the overly aggressive Kupah James and even professional healer Tony Harris, who just wanted to go to the zoo.

But Kaitlyn has a knack for sending the schmucks home early, and now that a number of guys have packed their bags pre-rose ceremony, Monday’s episode shook things up by bringing in a villain of Bachelorettes past: Nick Viall. (You may remember him as one of Andi Dorfman’s suitors, who took the oh-so-classy route and announced to America — during the “After the Final Rose” special — that he and Andi slept together in the fantasy suite.)

We’ve compiled the highlights of Monday’s installment in the photo gallery below, including the guys’ reactions to Nick’s return, two theatrical group dates and a cameo from one of Chris Soules’ more memorable contestants.

Click through the gallery below for a recap of the episode — or click here for direct access! — then hit the comments with your thoughts!

1. missvci says:

I only watch the Bachelor/Bacherlotteevery couple seasons or so, so have no clue who Nick is but first impression he definitely just wants his extra 15 minutes.

Also Ashley is shown using a curling iron on Kailtyn’s hair yet the next scene her hair is in a side braid. What was the point of the 3pm salon appointment????

Lastly, Jared is quite the charmer, he was saying all the perfect things on his one on one datel

2. Gerhard says:

Why do I get the impression that this is staged or may be we are getting introduce to the new bachelor??

3. Nick Is Icky says:

Clint comes off as a bonafide psychopath. Nick is just plain creepy. What does Kaitlyn see in him? All those other guys are way hotter, and not creepy. Well, except for JJ. The Met date was so beautiful. Kaitlyn looked gorgeous.

4. cuius says:

Surely “Unreal” has finished these shows

5. Dee says:

I kind of feel lile Nick could make out with a fence post if there weren’t a woman around… The show is always staged but they aren’t even trying to pretend otherwise this season.

6. Christine M says:

My opinion of Kaitlyn fell quite a few notches last night: first for not also getting rid of JJ (he is just as big a psycho as Clint, that’s why they “got” each other) and second for apparently falling for Nick’s manipulation. Man, I was hoping I’d never have to see his face again.

7. Timmah says:

I think she just wants to have a fling with Nick before settling down with someone else (probably Jared). At any rate, the lack of rose ceremonies this season is seriously starting to annoy me.

8. Arianne says:

I’m very disappointed with Kaitlyn, her apparent lack of morals and foremost for NOT Being able to recognize a jerk when she sees one and letting the good guys get away. Frankly she doesn’t deserve a good guy. She and Nick deserve one another. Both are disgusting! I doubt I watch the rest of the season except to see when a good guy tells her off.

9. Debi says:

I think Nick is a sociopath, anyone else think this?

• Nicki says:

YES OMGI THINK HE IS A SOCIOPATH AS WELL! There’s something so off about him!!!

• Mrs.Love says:

My professional opinion on Nick – full blown SOCIOPATH. Some symptoms: 1) manipulative, 2) not even nervous going to meet her parents, 3) lack of emotion – no emotion at rejection except anger that he “LOST”, 4) being mean to Kaitlyn after he “LOST” ex: “You don’t love me” meant to break her down, 5) cold lifeless eyes.