Exclusive

Teen Wolf Stars Take It All Off for DVD's 'Shirtless Montage' — Watch

Loading video...

Attention, Channing Tatum: The men of MTV’s Teen Wolf have put together their collective audition tape for the next installment in the Magic Mike saga.

Just kidding! (Sort of.) The above video, literally titled “Shirtless Montage,” is actually a special feature on the Season 4 DVD, which officially hits shelves Tuesday. And while the added dance music puts the memorable scenes in a totally different context — like when Parrish was set on fire, or when that wendigo kid heard his parents killed in the next room — something tells me the fans won’t be complaining.

Of course, this skin-tastic DVD extra does have a bittersweet undertone, as it’s probably the last time we’ll see the great Derek Hale in various states of undress. Tyler Hoechlin not being a series regular in Season 5 means no more Derek-on-Braeden action in the foreseeable future, though newcomer Cody Christian does an admirable job of picking up the torch.

Hit PLAY on the video above, then drop a comment below: If you had to be stranded on a deserted island with one Teen Wolf character (and zero shirts), who would it be?

1. Drew says:

No fair. They only showed topless men. Where is the equality in that?

2. Sara says:

Derek Hale obviously 😃

3. B says:

That was so lame. Why so much Ian Bohen shirtless? Barely impressed. I’d much rather see Posey, Sharman, Haynes, etc.

4. I just hope when Derek comes back at the end of the series (Jeff did say we haven’t seen the last of him and the end of 5B would be the perfect time) we might get some shirtless Derek and Stiles action. Granted their relationship has been more about deeper feelings and care for each other than superficial sexy times, but it would be nice to have both. Especially when they are the most anticipated couple of the entire series.

• Oh, and for the stranded on an island with no shirts question my first choice would be Derek. Second choice would be Peter.

• Drew says:

Are we watching the same show? I’m pretty sure that we aren’t watching the same show.

• What specifically do you take issue with? Also, why did you feel the need to make negative remarks on my comment in the first place?

• Drew says:

It isn’t a negative remark. It is just starting that there is absolutely nothing remotely romantic about that pair. It is like shipping Xander and Giles on “Buffy”, or Wallace and Logan on “Veronica Mars”. It just seems completely random to me.

• You don’t see it, but that doesn’t mean there is nothing there. Certainly the vast majority of Teen Wolf fans do actually see it. Instead of making comments to put people down by saying “Are we watching the same show?” you could simply ship and let ship.

• Zoe says:

Umm yeah keep telling yourself that. Sterek is never going to happen. Jeff Davis has made sure that ship sank on the show.

• It certainly more likely as an endgame relationship than Stydia or Stalia or Draeden. Especially considering Jeff has filled every season with support for Sterek.

Even S4 has support for Sterek, although it’s much more hidden than the blatant slashiness of S3A. Derek’s entire character arc in S4 is based off of Jacob’s Ladder which is in turn based off An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge. Given Jeff said that he based Derek’s Sterek dream at the end of S3B on An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge, I’d say it’s pretty telling. And in both the dream and Derek’s S4 character arc Stiles takes the role of the “wife” from An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge/Jacob’s Ladder. Braeden takes the role of the other woman in Jacob’s Ladder who turns out to be a helpful deity in Jacob’s/Derek’s journey through bardo. Weasley-detectives explained it much better than I am in their “Hale’s Ladder” meta. Even if you didn’t get that you should have noticed how often the scenes would cut from Derek to Stiles and Stiles to Derek and how concerned Stiles was for Derek vs anyone else on the dead pool lists.

• Jess says:

Actually, I don’t think it’s endgame in any way and the other ones are way more likely to be endgame. Stiles and Derek haven’t shared one-on-one scenes in a long time. Derek has never been anything but heterosexual. Personally, I don’t see Derek and Stiles as a couple, more as friends. I’ve honestly never seen them as anything but friends. But there hasn’t been hints toward Sterek in two seasons, at best. Ok, besides the dream thing but I still didn’t get that. Braeden is a perfectly viable romantic option for Derek because we’ve seen Derek interested in her. Stiles was concerned for everyone on that dead pool list. Also, to point out that I’m not a fan of Stalia either and I’m not a huge fan of Stydia. But yeah, Stiles and Derek are only friends to me and I cannot see them becoming a couple, I really can’t.

• The evidence we have actually points to Derek being demisexual. Some of the biggest clues to this was when Jennifer used the power of the virgin sacrifices to seduce Derek. All of their interactions were copied from Stiles and Derek’s interactions which proved that the way to Derek’s heart was through Stiles. All the way back when Peter gave his power of human love speech to Derek the camera cut to Stiles on the word “love” followed by Lydia and Jackson. Derek is interested in Stiles who was (past tense) interested in Lydia who was interested in Jackson.

Fast forward to the S4 finale and most of the reaction shots about Derek dying were between Derek and Stiles. In film you always give the primary reaction shots to family and the most important romantic interest first. Similarly, when Chris Argent threatened to shoot nogitsune!Stiles in Derek’s loft the first reaction shot didn’t even go to Stiles’ dad, it went to Derek first then his dad. I could write several long analysis essays on all of the support for Sterek and many other people have done so as well, but if you don’t see it and don’t support it then that’s fine. It doesn’t stop it from being there.

There wasn’t anything romantic about Draeden. It was a perfectly healthy sexual relationship, but it wasn’t romantic. It actually started out as an exchange of power so Derek could feel he was on a more level playing field with her. She wanted from him sexually and he gave that to her under his own terms. It was still perfectly healthy and they both got something out of it, but it wasn’t romantic. Sex =/= romance.

• Shay says:

I absolutely love Stiles and Derek’s relationship – Sterek is my OTP. Unfortunately, it’s never going to happen on the show. As soon as Jeff Davis turned a blind eye on the suggested pairing (I’m not sure why he did), the possibility of Stiles and Derek having a romantic relationship was over. I’m not saying I wouldn’t love it on the show, I absolutely want it to be canon, but I’ve made peace with the fact that it’s never going to be. Stiles is bisexual, or at the very least bi-curious – that much is hinted throughout the seasons. However, I’ve never seen Derek portrayed as anything other than heterosexual. That being said, his chemistry with Stiles is undeniable and anyone who watches the bedroom scene in 1×09 where he pushes Stiles against his bedroom door can see that there are definitely homoerotic undertones. Nevertheless, it cannot be and, surprisingly, I’m fine with that now. I’m cool with sticking to the Sterek fandom – we’re still going strong. The only problem I have is how they’ve treated the character storylines. I mean, it seems like they were so desperate to get rid of the idea of Sterek that they kept introducing possible love interests for Stiles – Lydia (she’s always been there, I know), Erica, Heather, Cora and now Malia. For Derek, I think they could have expanded on his backstory – there’s so much I want to know about the Hale family and their history. Also, they certainly could have handled Allison’s death better – like, not even a funeral? They sort of just rushed into season 4. I’m hoping with season 5, these loopholes that have inevitably opened will be closed or, at the very least, we see some real character development going on. Let us know more about Lydia’s powers, or Stiles’ mother, or Scott’s relationship with his father, or Kira’s abilities, ya know? This was a huge rant, but I think it needed to be said. I’m going to watch the show anyway because I love it, despite the issues listed above. But I’ll definitely miss Tyler Hoechlin’s grumpy face (and his mouth-watering back muscles with the triskelion tattoo).

5. Kate says:

They do this with every season and the only tension on the set is that Tyler Posey insists on getting tattooed all over the place so there are only so many to work into the story or the time in covering it up.

6. Josh says:

I’d much rather see Lydia and Malia in states of undress

7. jc says:

Omggg love this show I need stiles shirtless at least once before the season ends lol. And many more shirtless scenes from the other guys ;).

8. Allison says:

Derek Hale duh. And no one can replace him.