Shadowhunters Finds Its Raphael

Shadowhunters Casts Raphael

We have an answer to the #WhoIsRaphael hashtag.

ABC Family’s Shadowhunters adaptation has cast David Castro in the role of Raphael Santiago, the former leader of New York’s local vampire clan and a certain someone’s eventual sire.

Based on Cassandra Clare’s Mortal Instruments book series — and previously adapted into the feature film City of BonesShadowhunters follows a young woman named Clary Fray (to be played by Katherine McNamara) who discovers on her 18th birthday that she’s a human-angel hybrid destined to battle dark supernatural forces.

Castro’s previous TV credits include TBS’ Are We There Yet? and the Nickelodeon movie Summer Camp.

1. Sara says:

Can’t wait he looks good..

2. SPAMMER says:

SPAM DELETED #TVLineCares

3. Perfect. I’m getting more and more excited about the show. :)

4. uk-usa-tvaddict says:

Is it just me or is this show going to be full of generically good looking young people? Casting director mix it up a little!!

5. Guest says:

*spoilers from books*
    I am a HUGE fan of the books and every single person they have cast (besides the casting for Magnus) makes me want to burn my books and never think about this topic again :( and aging the characters on top of that? I know TV/movie adaptations are just that but these characters are suppose to be minors in the eyes of the clave which is why they don’t get paid, are not suppose to go on the adventures they do go on but do anyway even though the adults forbid it (referencing later books), when jace loses a certain protect against demons the only way he can be saved wouldn’t work if he’s 18+ years old, etc. Gosh this hurts my heart how they are already butchering one of my all time favorite book series and they haven’t even started airing yet! I mean..the guy playing Jace? So sad. Clary? Even worse. Simon? Are you kidding me? Alec, Jocelyn, Hodge, Valentine, Luke..such horrible castings. I apologize for the venting but I had to get it off my chest..

• Sara says:

I think the casting is good we just have to see it on TV to judge the actors..and all books to tv adaptation make major changes, some more than the others and I’ve seen worse situations than this.
      I think the age idea may be because it will be difficult to cast 15-16 years old that are actually experienced and not many older actors will pass by this age…we just have to see if it works.

• Leah says:

I assumed it was because minors have more stringent labor restrictions. The show is probably easier or cheaper to produce with all adults.

6. bobbijo says:

my cousin is handsome go david

7. John Doe says:

The casting is suprisingly good. I think everyone looks similar to what I had imagined the characters to be, but that guy looks exactly like I had imagined Raphael to look like.