Fall TV Preview

ABC Moves Quantico to Sunday as Kings and Prophets Gets Retooled

Quantico Priyanka Chopra

ABC’s sexy new FBI drama has copped a better time slot.

Quantico, starring Bollywood beauty Priyanka Chopra, will now air Sundays at 10/9c. There, it will lead out of fellow newbie Blood & Oil (fka Oil fka Boom).

Quantico had originally been booked for the Tuesdays-at-10 time slot — for years now a tough nut to crack for ABC.

Of Kings and Prophets, the “epic Biblical saga” that was to fill the Sunday time slot, instead will undergo some recasting, our sister site Deadline reports, and thus be held for a later debut. The cast as announced at the May Upfronts included Ray Winstone, Simone Kessell, Maisie Richardson-Sellers, Oliver Rix, Mohammad Bakri, James Floyd, Haaz Sleiman and Tomer Kapon.

Quantico — which also stars Aunjanue Ellis (NCIS: Los Angeles), Dougray Scott (Hemlock Grove), Jake McLaughlin (Believe), Tate Ellington, Yasmine Al Massri, Johanna Braddy and Graham Rogers — follows a diverse group of recruits at the FBI training base, the twist being that one of them is suspected of masterminding the biggest attack on New York City since 9/11.

1. Maria says:

Well then if Tuesday at 10 is free, why couldn’t ABC have just left Forever in that time spot?

• LOL says:

No, it wasn’t a successful series. Let it go.

• Steve Ungrey says:

If you’ve ever had a favorite show get canceled, you can understand how some people feel. Some people can’t let go. (Save Battle Creek. And while you’re at it, uncancel Vegas. lol)

• stormsurger says:

It had better numbers in the slot for ABC by 40% over the previous year and better than the last 7 years. It also was one of the most watched shows to get cancelled and rated higher than many that were renewed. No, it wasn’t a smash but the definition of successful in this case meant it wasn’t produced by ABC, it was produced by Warner, which means they want to make more money. That’s their choice but it doesn’t mean the show was a failure. Why do you think so many people are complaining.

• safistikaytdlayd says:

Well Said!!! Agreed!

• Nick says:

It didn’t perform badly, but it didn’t perform well. All that it really means is that ABC thinks Quantico (or whatever they replace it with in that slot) can perform better.Pretty much every decision like that is a gamble by the networks. And yes, it was rated higher than several renewed shows, but timeslot and competition are also major factors. If I were ABC, I would’ve been more confident in my new programming slate too, because most of these shows look great. Except, you know, Of Kings and Prophets.

• Juliana says:

Because Forever is a flop.

• Dys says:

The Tuesday at 10 slot may be free now, but is wasn’t intended to be free at the time that the cancellation decision was made, rather it was intended to be used for Quantico. I’m guessing that what you meant to ask is why they can’t uncancel Forever and put it back in the slot now that is available again.The answer of course is that ratings weren’t considered to be good enough to justify a renewal in the first place.

2. spindae2 says:

Quantico was never meant for mid-season it was a Tuesday 10pm fall show. Wicked City would be its mid-season filler airing along Agent Carter.

I’m curious to see what ABC will put in the 10 pm Tuesday slot. Maybe they’ll rush the Shield spin off from the ACrime producer for mid-season and air Wicked City till then.

3. kmw says:

Interesting decision. Quantico sounds good I hope it works on Sunday with those lead ins, but maybe it will do better there than on Tuesday. ABC now has that problematic Tuesday slot to fill again

4. Chris says:

So spindae2 made a correction and you corrected it AND replied to his comment, but when I corrected a name, you edited it above and deleted my comment? What that’s about TVLine?

5. Jenna says:

Ugh. I knew K&P was a dud. Just renew FOREVER! Idiots.

6. Wordsmith says:

Why is Dougray Scott’s name crossed off on the Quantico cast list? Is he being recast? Is he not a regular?

7. johnhelvete says:

Why ABC is not moving Nashville to Sundays at 10pm to air after the compatible Blood and Oil is a complete mystery.

8. “Of Kings and Prophets”… because “Kings” was such a hit…?

• Dys says:

Sometimes the past predicts what may happen, but not what absolutely will. I don’t think that it will be a hit, but at the same time the fact that one show wasn’t a hit doesn’t automatically mean that a newer but similar show won’t be.

• Wordsmith says:

Yeah, and nobody watched that Bible miniseries. There’s just no market for religious programming these days…

9. Mr. Tran K says:

I’m shocked that ABC is moving Quantico to Sunday @ 10 p.m. after Blood & Oil (fka Boom and Oil) this Fall. So I’m wondering which drama series is going to fill the spot for the 10 p.m. Tuesday night time slot? I have a feeling it’s either one of the new series: The Family or Wicked City.

10. Ashley says:

I don’t care when it’s going to be aired – I refuse to watch this or any other new ABC drama unless they bring back “Forever”!

• Juliana says:

They you won;t ever be watching any ABC shows. And you not watching the network is really going to effect them. They’ll go bankrupt in days. Fans are delusional these days.

• John NYC says:

I’m at the other end of that spectrum: I’d be hard pressed to even name what networks the shows I watch are on: I watch shows, not networks… a consequence of TiVo season passes I suppose and general show grids.

• TL Roy says:

I too refuse to refuse to watch any NEW ABC shows. Why should we viewers commit to a network that has no faith in their own product? And, as consumers, why purchase from advertisers that dismiss consumer/viewer loyalty by condoning the actions of the network.

11. Kris says:

Well at least they are giving Quantico a better chance in that time slot. Now all we need is for ABC to bring back Forever!!

12. N says:

Renew Forever!

• Mr. Tran K says:

Too late for that. ABC had no choice but to cancel Forever but still the 10 p.m. Tuesday night time slot continues to be a “black hole” for the alphabet network and Paul Lee and his crew better make a decision soon on which series should fill the void in the troublesome time slot if only Castle should have the move to Tuesdays @ 10.

13. uk-usa-tvaddict says:

I hope that in the re-tooling of Kings and Prophets that they are replacing the amazing white and perpetually cockney sounding Ray Winstone.

14. Imran says:

Great decision. This is a better replacement for the Revenge time slot. Any idea what will take the Tuesday spot now? Hopefully Wicked City!

15. Awww it’s taking Revenge’s time slot. Sundays this fall is gonna feel weird for awhile! RIP Revenge!

16. Iakovos says:

I now ABC wants to partner CATCH with HTGAWM to Keep Thursday all Shonda, but if the show is that good, why not test it Tuesdays at 10? If 20/20 could keep it real like 60 Minutes instead of just throwing crap at us, then the hour could be filled by the news division again.

17. Rose says:

Really excited about seeing Priyanka Chopra on TV every week! :) Beautiful and a really good actress in Hindi film- hope that translates well in a different medium and language.

18. ljd213 says:

I’ll join the chorus because it doesn’t hurt to say: Forever is the answer, bring it back, please. A long shot I know but never hurts to make the point.

• John NYC says:

The sets are long gone, the crew is gone, the staff is gone and the actors are gone, hard to put that back together….

• Doug Henning says:

Not sure about the sets since it was shot in NYC and used it a great deal.. I loved the show but the realist in me knows it’s done which is a shame since it was a solid show that got caught in the ABC Tuesday 10PM Black Hole… After watching San Andreas, I hope the lead gets a better gig than he played in that movie… he didn’t measure up to The Rock!! However as we see a fair amount these days, no show is really dead sometimes..

19. stormsurger says:

We’re all thinking the same thing. Forever would be the perfect show for that slot.

20. stormsurger says:

If Quantico is so good why move it to the same time slot Battle Creek and American Odyssey had? That’s the kill zone.

21. arial2 says:

Wow, Indian actress Priyanka Chopra looks a lot like a younger version of Persian actress Shohreh Aghdashloo! Confused me for a moment when I first saw the above image.

22. greysfan says:

I dunno if this is a good or a bad thing. I thought the Quantico preview was awesome but Sunday’s at 10pm isn’t an easy time slot either.

23. Vishal says:

Any idea when is the second season going to start?