Fall TV Preview

Heroes Reborn: Sendhil Ramamurthy to Reprise Role as Mohinder

Heroes Reborn Sendhil Ramamurthy

Sendhil Ramamurthy is the latest Heroes alum to sign on for NBC’s Heroes Reborn, premiering this fall.

Our sister site Deadline was first to report the news.

On NBC’s original Heroes, Ramamurthy’s Dr. Mohinder Suresh was integral in identifying the potential for latent “abilities” to surface, and thus helped assemble the likes of Peter, Claire, Hiro et al.

The other Heroes originals on board for the 13-episode revival are Jack Coleman (as Noah “HRG” Bennet), Masi Oka (Hiro Nakamura), Jimmy Jean-Louis (The Haitian) and Greg Grunberg (Matt Parkman), while Zachary Levi (Chuck), Dylan Bruce (Orphan Black), Robbie Kay (Once Upon a Time) and Ryan Guzman (Pretty Little Liars) are among the “new” crowd.

Since wrapping his run as Mohinder, Ramamurthy has appeared as a series regular on both Covert Affairs and Beauty and the Beast. He also just boarded the Sky1/Stan Lee superhero drama Lucky Man, playing Governor Julian of Brixton Hill Prison.

1. Daniel Reiser says:

This is great news! Still skeptical about Heroes returning though. And, he didn’t recur on Covert Affairs and Beauty and the Beast. He was a regular character if I’m not mistaken. I think he recurred on The Office.

2. mike b says:

Sausage fest

• Check out herosite.net for more on the cast, which includes more women than what I’ve seen reported here.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Here is a more complete “new cast” list (didn’t feel the need to cut-n-paste it every single story):

Zachary Levi (Chuck)
      Robbie Kay (Once Upon a Time)
      Ryan Guzman (Pretty Little Liars)
      Rya Kihlstedt (Dexter/Nashville),
      Gatlin Green (Liv and Maddie)
      Judi Shekoni (EastEnders)
      Henry Zebrowski (A to Z)
      Toru Uchikado
      Kiki Sukezane (The Yokai King)
      Eve Harlow (The 100)
      Pruitt Taylor Vince (The Mentalist)
      Francesca “Daughter of Clint” Eastwood
      Nazneen Contractor (Covert Affairs)
      Dylan Bruce (Orphan Black)

3. rinaex says:

LOL, Duhhinder is back. Did he get any smarter as the show went on? I bailed on this show early in S3.

4. wrstlgirl says:

He was my least favorite character, thought he was sooo boring. I’m still looking forward to the reboot though :-)

5. AW says:

Looking forward to seeing him again in Heroes Reborn! I just hope the writing for his character would be better than Seasons 2 – 4. I loved his character in Season 1.

• Katie says:

Exactly what I was going to say. I loved his original characterization, but after that he became extremely irritating and deranged.

6. Kim R says:

I am new to the Heroes world and have been watching on Netflix. I gotta say, they are kind of losing my in season 3. The first 2 seasons I pretty much couldn’t wait to get to the next episode but I find I’m making myself watch it now. I’m on episode 6 or 7 and I find it is getting way too convoluted. For those that know, will this pass?

• KT says:

Sorry. Probably not! It just got worse and worse.

• nick says:

If you aren’t liking season 3, you will hate season 4. God awful. I, for one, actually still really enjoyed season 3, however. Who knows how s2 would’ve been without the lame writer’s strike.

• robandco says:

Actually I bought the complete Blu-Ray set and in the extra they explain how season 2 was supposed to plan out if the writers strike had never happened.
        (Spoiler alert I guess?) If I remember correctly they would do not manage to stop the bad guys from releasing the virus at the end of the season and there would have been some gigantic quarantine situation around Odessa, TX (I think). (/End of spoiler alert)
        The preview looked pretty bad IMO and I am sort of glad they killed that storyline because I really loved season 3A (and 3B too but it was a bit too Petrelli-centric).

7. Mr. Tran K says:

So happy to see him returning in the Heroes reboot. Couple of questions: #1 – is Ali Larter NOT returning? and #2 – is it still going to run 13 episodes?

8. Yay… another boring character returning – I want Ali Larter or Hayden Pannetierre

• Marco says:

They both are series regular in other shows – ABC’s Nashville and TNT’s Legends.

• robandco says:

I think it would be much easier for Ali Larter to have a guest spot since she is in a cable show that have typically less episodes and shoot in a different schedule than network shows. It is not impossible *fingers crossed*.

9. steven says:

He’ll be the narrator again, right? Because there was a huge lack of that in season 4.

10. Justsomeguy says:

Why didn’t they just make Heroes season 5 instead of calling it a new show? Haha

This is absurd

11. Azerty says:

And I am here, still waiting for Peter Petrelli and Sylar to return…

• wrstlgirl says:

Pretty sure both Milo and Zach Q. said no.

• danyelle says:

Read between the lines of every Quinto comment on this thing. Never in one million years.

• Azerty says:

Geez relax I know they both said no. I just meant that Mohinder, Parkman or the Haitian were definitly not the most interesting characters. First I thought they wanted a clean slate, which was a good idea but now they bring back so many characters and not those I am interested in. And btw one no doesn’t mean they can’t change their mind.

12. prish says:

I hope James Kyson will be back as Hiro’s bud, Ando! I loved those two.

13. robandco says:

Any former member of the cast back is great news, no matter the character.
    That said, I hope they can redeem Mohinder, who was a good character until he got some sort of god complex or whatever.

14. Riana says:

The show won’t be the same without Claire, Peter, and Sylar. Hopefully they won’t bring Ali Larter back.

15. Anna says:

Love this, he was one of my favourites during season 1! Also, he’s very pretty. So that’s always a plus.

16. Nan says:

There goes my long held hope that he’d turn up as Aladdin on OUAT. Crumbs!

17. Mia says:

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! His character was so annoying. Why do they have to bring him back!!!

18. The Carpooler says:

HTOS had a great run, got a bit overzealous, IMO, in the last season. Looking forward to HRG, Hiro and Mohindar back again. Would love to see Hayden guest star once, it’d be great to see how saving the cheerleader did in fact save the world. Yatta!

19. tsevca says:

I never liked him. He wasn´t really one of them. He kept forcing himself to be part of the group, to the point he made himself that digusting lizzard. I only liked that he fostered, I guess, Molly, but that didn´t stick.