Disney Sets Dates for Descendants Movie, Jessie Spinoff Bunk'd

Descendants Premiere Date

The theme this July on Disney Channel is “offspring and offshoots.”

The network announced on Monday that its live-action movie Descendants and the Jessie spinoff Bunk’d will both debut Friday, July 31.

Kicking things off at 8/7c is Descendants, which centers on the teenage sons and daughters of the most infamous Disney villains. Directed and choreographed by Kenny Ortega (High School Musical), the movie stars Kristin Chenoweth and Dove Cameron (Liv & Maddie) as Maleficent and her daughter Mal; Maz Jobrani and Booboo Stewart (X-Men: Days of Future Past) as Jafar and his son Jay; Wendy Raquel Robinson and Cameron Boyce (Jessie) as Cruella and her son Carlos; and Kathy Najimy and newcomer Sofia Carson as the Evil Queen and her daughter Evie. Watch a new trailer below.

Bunk'd Disney ChannelPremiering immediately after the TV-movie is Bunk’d, starring Jessie‘s Peyton List, Karan Brar and Skai Jackson. The series premiere finds the Ross siblings (sans Luke) leaving their New York penthouse for Camp Kikiwaka, the rustic Maine retreat where their parents met as teenagers. Miranda May (Liv and Maddie) and newcomers Nina Lu and Kevin Quinn also star.

Looking forward to Descendants and Bunk’d? Hit the comments!

1. Nan says:

OMG! Even the Disney writer’s are creatively bankrupt? It’s all over folks, last one out turn off the power.

2. Looks like bad cosplay, lol.

3. Kevin says:

Awful DCOM’s and equally awful shows. And this one is an unnecessary spin-off at that. I miss the old Disney.

4. Jared says:

Jessie is still airing though, I wonder how they are going to air both Jessie and Bunk’d together. Won’t both shows kind of contradict each other? “shrugs”. Excited for both premieres though

• susan says:

Isn’t this the last season of Jessie? So Bunk’d is sort of a spin off?

• John NYC says:

But IIRC the second half of Jessie’s final season airs this fall, the usual Disney stretching.

A summer show set in a summer camp might not conflict with the original, depending on what the references within he show are I suppose.

• Scott Styles says:

You got it. They usually show one ‘teaser’ episode, then a month or so later the series begins. So my guess, ‘Jessie’ finally lands a ‘major role’ in Hollywood, so she has to leave. Which works out because the kids are going to camp anyway and Luke, maybe he is discovered as well and he also leaves to Hollywood (with mom and dad) as for Bertram, he wins the Lottery, and gets a hair transplant and is seen happy and leaving on a trip around the world… a hug is shared, the elevator doors close and as the lights start to fade, ‘Ms.KKipling is shown in the theatre room, and actually bust out a smile as in the background you hear the start of a Godzilla movie… end.

5. Ana says:

WOW terrible casting. How can you watch the movie descendants and not picture Lana Parilla as the evil queen or Victoria Smurfit as Cruella and Kristin Bauer van Straten as Maleficent This movie is going to suck big time. Poor Choice Disney, poor choice. Either way whatever, the only show i watch occasionally is I didn’t do it. Everything else is not funny or painful to watch. I totally miss the old Disney

6. Jess says:

I think it looks cool and I will be watching it with my kids. And there is nothing wrong with the New Disney. I like most of the shows on Family channel and Disney Junior Canada. Plus now my youngest can watch Thomas on Disney Junior.

7. I don’t care about the other comments I’m excited about both premieres.Especially,descendants just the tension between Prince Ben and Mal is going to be awesome to watch.

8. iHeart says:

Geez do you people expect from Kenny Ortega? Academy award winning work or something?

9. meatwad says:

I am not in the demo for this movie but i gotta admit i’m gonna watch

10. MelindaB says:

I haven’t watched Jessie since my daughter left for college two years ago (apparently she lost her penchant for Disney shows there) so I didn’t recognize the younger kids from the show. But the only Disney show that I miss seeing is Phineas and Ferb. Is it even still on?

11. I want to watch descendant like so literally bad!!!!😍😍😍😀😀😢😢😡😡😴😴😴😴😟😟😟😬😬😬

12. I like want to watch decendant and bunks so literally badly!!!😬😬😬😬😍😍😍😍😀😀😀😀💔💔💔💔💬💬💬💬💬💙❤💛💚💜😒😒😒😒😣😣😣😣😡😡😡😡😶😶👦

13. Scott Styles says:

The Idea behind DDescendants is genius. An open mind needs to be kept as New people are placed in old rolls all thetime. It will be good to see some new faces and old faces playing new roles. Looking forward to it. As for ‘Bunk’d… it will be good to see the kids without their nanny who seemed more about herself that the kids. Never saw a Nanny wearing High heels for ‘EVERYTHING’ she even had heels on the boat! Time for that show to say ‘Bye Jessie, Bye Jessie’

14. Jennifer says:

I just was wondering if Jessie is not going to be continued or what’s going on with it..

15. syniah says:

i dont want to watch because luke is a ross too that is rude😨😨😪😥😰😡😡😡

• Amber says:

Cameron Boyce is going to be on a different show. I’m sure in either the last episode of Jessie or the first episode of Bunk’d they’ll say what happens to Luke

16. Pip Aussie says:

When is Bunk’d on in Australia? Cause here it says in America it’s after decendants but in Australia it says something different.

17. Lynn says:

I like some Disney shows despite being a grown adult. 😉 I prefer Jessie, but Bunk’d has bits that I like. The Ross kids are great. My problem with Bunk’d is that I live in Maine and these new episodes are not at all realistic. It’s 57 degrees and the leaves are colorful here in Maine.

18. Can I be on bunk,d I would like to be in the camp with zuri(skai Jackson)I am 10 and I ever know the chant ,thing I am worth to do this show “smiles” thumbs up please pick me.