The Voice Top 8 Results Recap: One Never Nose

the voice recap

Adam Levine may be People magazine’s erstwhile Sexiest Man Alive and The Voice‘s Bromancer-in-Chief, but tonight we learned he’d better not stand between Carson Daly and a good cause.

As our intrepid host donned a crimson snout to promote Red Nose Day, He Who Spends His Maroon 5 Money on Hideous Bowling Shirts broke into a fit of giggles, then scoffed, “It’s super hard to take you seriously right now.”

Carson, however, was not feelin’ it: “Trying to lift kids out of poverty, Adam. It’s very important,” he snapped back, with just enough edge that I imagined The Mighty Xtina grinning (on the inside only) and muttering “Well-played, Grasshopper” under her breath. (The Lady Aguilera looked absolutely gorgeous tonight, BTW: Perhaps the show’s stylists are finally on her side?)

But enough of me rambling about things that don’t matter — like guest performances by Jason Derulo, a chick from Adam Levine’s label (not named Christina Grimmie) and some guy who warbled some song called “Drinking Class.” Let’s instead recap this week’s Top 8 results…

Sent to Safety (in Chronological Order)
Team Adam: Joshua Davis
Team Pharrell: Sawyer Fredericks
Team Blake: Meghan Linsey
Team Xtina: Kimberly Nichole
Team Pharrell: Koryn Hawthorne

Bottom 3/”Save Me” Performances
Team Blake: Hannah Kirby — Imagine Dragons’ “Radioactive” — Grade: C+
Team Blake: Corey Kent White – Keith Urban’s “Somebody Like You” — Grade: C-
Team Xtina: India Carney — Christina Perri’s “Human” — Grade: C+

Nobody exactly slayed it in their final impressions, but India’s overall body of work this season left me firmly backing her for the save, and a flurry of Tweets ensued.

For the first time this season, my efforts were not in vain.

Twitter Saved
India Carney

Eliminated
Corey Kent White
Hannah Kirby

OK, your turn. What did you think of Top 8 results? Did America get it right with the Bottom 3? Was the right artist saved? If not, what would you have done differently? Sound off in the comments!

1. Zach says:

We got a solid Top 6 yall. But Kimberly better win this entire damn thing.

• JamesTISK says:

My sentiments exactly
      Now I need Koryn to continue to give Kimberly a run for her money to keep the show interesing but I do believe they are Top 3 (or 4) worthy this year

• Greta says:

Can you believe that America is finally behind Christina Aguilera? Her pleas topped the pleas of Blake Friggin’ Shelton!

• JM1 says:

Positive reinforcement for her new and improved personality this season!

• MC says:

It helped that her pleas were before the voting window closed and all of his comments were after the window closed. I’m not saying the wrong person got saved, but that’s what happened.

• MC says:

India was the correct save, but Xtina was granted a big advantage because her speech garnered more votes for India while everything from Blake was after the deadline.

• Sherr says:

I don’t believe that anything they said affected the votes at the end. They pleaded their cases after each song, anyway. India deserved the save based on everything until tonight. Tonight she was lucky that the other two were no better at their final songs than she was. This was the worst I’ve heard her sing and she needs to step it or she’s going home.

• MC says:

Sherr- I might normally agree with you, but this was decided by two votes. A personal appeal from a coach (Xtina) surely resulted in at least two more votes. CKW was ahead 40-38 percent with about a minute to go. Once again, Blake’s final appeal was completely after the deadline. However, India is infinitely better than CKW. There was no harm done, but whoever has the last word always has an advantage in my book.

• Owen says:

Can you believe they made poor Hannah go first again?

• Birdy says:

I don’t think her pleas had anything to do with it…. Seems to me the save was performance based. Blake sounded like he knew both of his team members were goners…

• MC says:

@Birdy – I always listen very closely to the coaches, although I know some folks on this board tend to tune them out. Xtina made two separate pleas and the one immediately after India performed was very persuasive. The final plea was a little more generic, but it was still a highly respected coach asking for votes in the closest Twitter vote ever. Yes, India is talented. Yes, India deserved to win the vote, but to completely dismiss the impact of Xtina’s pleas (when the final margin was two votes) is absurd imo. Btw, I believe the show actually wanted India to advance and that’s why Xtina had the last speech before the voting window closed. The Blake voting block is very strong and India needed all the help she could get to win that vote.

• Jewel says:

Trying to reply to MC and the comment about 2 votes. 40-38 were percentages, not total number of votes. Two votes likely wouldn’t matter at all. The difference showed was 2% of likely thousands of votes.
            Am happy with the results despite the horrible last performance of India, it was the least horrible.

• Country singers always have the edge on The Voice because country fans will block vote whether the contestant is talented or not.

Also, the Instant Save favors east of the Mississippi (It’s not even 6 pm in LA. San Fran and Seattle) so the Southern block vote has a huge advantage. Blake doesn’t have to make a plea to save his contestants. Hannah and Corey should never have gotten this far to begin with. The Us Against Them crowd will vote for Us every time.

My only concern is that now with just one team member left, will Blake’s monolithic block propel Meghan to the top, as it did last season with Craig Wayne Boyd. Meghan’s good but not as good as the other female vocalists in the Top Six.

• Mittere says:

You got it. The votes were still coming in, the window was closed from voter view while India was running 2nd and then Christina was given the floor to use up the remaining voting time going on and on pleading her fans (not India’s) to save India. Blake then had a couple seconds after the voting closed during which he complimented all 3 up for save. The show decided who should be saved. In the long run the results don’t matter as none of the 3 would win the whole thing (unless the fix is really in) but I believe in fair play and that little stunt wasn’t.

• Birdy says:

I, personally, don’t understand why someone would vote for an artist based on anything a coach would say. If you like someone and want her or him to stay, why would you care what the coach said? We’re voting for the artists, not their coaches, correct? I guess there’s something I’m not getting….

• Pat says:

That’s only because the annoucer gave her all the time to talk…only a second or two left for Blake.

• michelle stephens says:

I agree

• JT says:

India was saved ONLY because Blake’s fans split their twitter votes. It doesn’t really matter because neither Hannah nor Corey was going to win and neither will India. Next week she is definitely gone, she can’t compete with the other 5.

• Mitch says:

I think we all know who is gonna win, the overhyped Sawyer . He gets top 10 on iTunes every week even on a off week,heck Kimberly Creep was better than his performance last night and she didn’t even get on the top 10

• Robert Rosero says:

That’s because of the impressive demographic appeal he has. I agree the ladies sing better than him, but his fans range from 15-85, and are BUYING his music. No wonder he beat CKW who has 60k twitter fans but don’t download anything.

• Nanc says:

Country fans are more interested in whole bodies of work; not participating in ITunes and twitter. It hurt Corey.

• Karla says:

This makes no sense to me. It seems saying you’re interested in someone’s “whole body of work” means not just a single performance on the show or even looking into what he’s done before the show. I don’t see how this has anything to do with not “participating in itunes” (?) or twitter. If you’re interested in all a performers done, itunes is a good place to start. All their voice performances are there. The only person I specifically looked into was Sawyer, who apparently put out an album at age 12 that’s on itunes. Why would Country fans specifically avoid itunes? As for twitter, again don’t see why Country fans specifically don’t use twitter. But so you don’t do the instant save- whatever.

• Dawn says:

I am a country fan and I made sure to get on twitter and pick India. I’m not even her fan but Corey was such a bad representative of country, I wanted him out of there before the Voice country representation became a huge joke. As the saying goes, just because you stand in a garage, it doesn’t make you a car. Just because he was standing in as country representative didn’t mean he was a good country singer.

• james says:

i didn’t believe for a second that kimberly was a creep

• AB says:

Why is Sawyer “overhyped?” America seems pretty crazy about the kid if they keep buying his music and putting him near the top of the iTunes Charts every week. Golly gee, I don’t think most people did think Creep was better if you judge by what they spent their buck twenty nine on.

• Eurydice says:

That’s kind of the goal of the show, isn’t it? To choose and promote talent that will make it to the top 10?

• tvtjw says:

He’s not overhyped, he’s just relatable from an emotional standpoint while being different. He’s someone you want to watch. Kimberly, on the other hand, has really gotten loud and obnoxious. I find myself flinching as she screams through the TV and for what was supposed to be a “heartfelt, vulnerable” performance, the only time I sensed that feeling was in her overplayed drop to the ground. Sawyer has outdone Kimberly.

• Alan Dvorkis says:

Extremely well stated. I could not agree more. She is very talented, but very one note. I enjoyed the last few seconds of her performance. Sawyer is very talented and very likable. He has barely missed a note. Emotion resonates from him, every note.

• kierankramer says:

I’m sick of belters winning. Note how they never become commercially successful. I like the more nuanced artistry of Sawyer and Joshua.

• Birdy says:

I think a couple of the screamin’ divas do have great voices. But they insist on giving us the belting works every week. I really would love to see them dial it down and let us hear their beautiful voices. That doesn’t mean they have to choose “boring” songs or be boring in their presentations. They don’t have to to all out to be fabulous. That’s the thing I really disliked about Hannah. I kept hoping she would show us more versatility and range, kept thinking she had more potential than she was showing. But it never materialized, and after last night, I’m thinking she never had it to begin with. But I guess a lot of folks love it when all these women belt out these songs week after week, with no let up. Strong and powerful doesn’t have to be loud and louder.

• Birdy says:

Pure vocal talent alone is not why most people buy or listen to their favorite artists. Sure, some of the contestants on the show have better singing voices, but there are always intangibles that appeal to people. And clearly Sawyer has them. He has broad appeal, as Robert above mentions.

• Adrian says:

I disagree with you on Kimberly she stands out above Saywer in terms vocal talent, personality and stage presence. And I feel as if that may be polarizing to some cause in general “America” always chooses safe winners and Saywer? I’m sorry but if he does win that’ll be another safe choice you guys make. The voice needs an Exciting winner and somebody different and let’s face it we’ve never seen anyone like Kimberly on this show and I’m not just talking about the vocals.

• Larkwoodgirl says:

I disagree. Kimberly’s performance was overly dramatic, overwrought, over-sung and overdone. It was like watching some theatrical Broadway rendition of Creep. The song, which is beautiful by the way, was overshadowed and I almost could not recognize it as the same song.

• Lisa J. says:

I’m not a fan of Sawyer’s blank stare. I get that he seems honest. But it bothers me that he can just stand there, bleat, and earn accolades. Kimberly puts *everything* she has on the line every time she sings. Voters have different priorities, I guess. Voice voters mystify me. How Cody lasted this long …. (shaking my head in disbelief).

• Dawn says:

His name is Corey. I agree with you and I shake my head as well. However, I wanted to make it plain it was Corey Kent White who shouldn’t have made it this long. Cody Wickline was eliminated during knockout round against Corey. Cody was an amazing singer….Corey is not.

• Lisa J. says:

thanks for the correction and sorry for the mix up. Yes–Cody Wickline had a decent voice and it would have been nice to see him stay longer. But I’m not a country fan. For me the huge loss was Sarah. I did not dislike Hannah. And given who votes, its clear that Sarah would not have won. But what power and fun. A real joy to watch. And clearly superior to Hannah. Too bad Blake denied us the ability to see her perform.

• Melody says:

She will never win over Sawyer. Sawyer simultaneously appeals to the country crowd and the wgwg crowd and their votes dominate these singing shows. At best Kimberly will get 2nd place but I wouldn’t be surprised to see her lose to other wgwg Joshua who is a complete bore.

• wild_child says:

Well this 30 something year old black girl who hates country and folk music loves Sawyer. I seriously think people underestimate the appeal of that kid and since they don’t ‘get’ what he does they relegate his fandom to young girls and country folk. Hardly…he probably has the most broad fan base of any contestant this season.

• danin says:

Nice.He’s just so sweet,can sing&he’s authentic.

• Birdy says:

His authenticity and honesty, both in his performances and his personal character, shine through. And that’s why I think lot of people are drawn to him. It’s not all about the music. It’s about the whole package!

• charles says:

sawyer needs to go.he sings thru his nose.

• AlyB says:

I’m neither a teenage girl nor a country fan and I love Sawyer. There’s just something about him that’s really special.

• Birdy says:

I agree! I’m by no means a teenager, and I love Sawyer. I admit to liking folk and folk-rock music, but I also love real rock, jazz, classical, etc. So it’s not that his genre is my favorite, but he’s my favorite contestant. He does remind me of the standout folk-rocker stars of my growing-up years, though.

• ellie says:

I do believe people are underestimating his fanbase and their age. Most young people aren’t buying music anyways so the type of people putting Sawyer on the top of itunes are probably older.

• dethmare says:

In my opinion I think he is super talented, but his voice is still changing and his charm will wear off soon unless he begins to push himself and make his talent the center of his show. Once his voice drops and he starts growing stubble and stinking like a grown ass man he ain’t gonna be some cute little country boy no more.

• Birdy says:

Exactly! So many people just don’t “get” Sawyer. But many millions more, including me, do!

• MrTemecula says:

I’m virtually hitting my up button to your comment. I am not a typical country or folk fan, but I, too, am a Sawyer fan.

• Sherr says:

I guess if someone isn’t singing full out at the top of their lungs it bores you. Obviously you don’t get the quiet elegance of a singer like Joshua. Too bad. I guess you don’t get subtlety.

• Mason says:

Problem is that there are a million “earnest” singers like Joshua out there who present themselves like rejected members of Peter Paul & Mary. Is Joshua decent at what he does? Sure. Is he anything special? Not at all. Does he seem to connect to songs better than others? Not even close. He’s about as deep as a toddler’s inflatable wading pool.

• ellie says:

You can say that about any style of singing . There are probably a million other singers who can over emote and become full on divas. You only have to look through Christina’s history on the voice and the types of contestants she usually chooses to see that. There was a season where she had nothing but mini Christina’s. What you most likely mean is that Joshua isn’t your cup of tea therefore you can’t imagine anyone else liking him.

• Angie_Overrated says:

I’m fine with subtle, but can Joshua please sing correct notes? That would be awesome!

• Kristee says:

Yeah tell me about it. He picks the easiest songs and cannot even deliver them correctly!

• drc says:

I flat do not understand the Kimberly bandwagon. Decent voice (but there’s a lot of those out there) but I just don’t like her. Frankly, if she wins, I may have to stop watching Voice.
      But . . . .to each their own.

• charles says:

if sawyer wins it is rigged.

• Newbie says:

I know right?? Given that it’s impossible that other people could disagree with you, (cause really when has that ever happened?) conspiracy is the only possible answer.

• Birdy says:

charles, coming from someone who thinks Hannah had the “strongest” voice, I find it hard not to laugh at this. First, Hannah may have had a “strong” voice, but that doesn’t mean it was a “good” voice. Loud =/= good. Second, how do you rig a contest that has millions of people voting in it? Do you think NBC is altering the votes?

• Pat says:

This is the first time I have started at the beginning and watched the Voice….and in my humble opinion it is rigged! In fact, right from the beginning they were going to make sure that Sawyer and Joshua was going to win and keep going. Sawyer has a chance, but Joshua don’t. So, all the twittering in the world won’t make who you want to win…WIN!! In fact, the best talent who could probably do some good gets voted out fast. It’s decided before the first night who’s going to win it all. You could put somebody on there that could’t carry a note in a bucket and make them win with all the special effects and costumes. I was very disappointed in the show…doubt that I watch it anymore….only watched because Sleepy Hollow wasn’t on. LOL

• Karla says:

That last part is one thing we do agree on – only watching because Sleepy Hollow’s not on! I watched the first 2-3 seasons of The Voice then another hear & there but usually there’s other good stuff against it. I only came back this season because nothing much is on this spring & Christina’s back. And I agree producer manipulation goes a long way towards who wins. Actually don’t think Sawyer will purely because producers love to create a favorite only to have an underdog come from behind in the last couple shows & win it all. It makes more suspense/ratings.

• Jill Moy says:

People on here putting down people who comment and the singers! Where’s the TROLL comments everyone calls me, huh!

ANYWAY, MY PICK FROM THE BLINDS (I didn’t hear anyone before or after her for a long time) is still around….INDIA! GO GIRL!

I’m not even gonna put down MEGHAN (THE BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN) tonight!

• charles says:

sawyer is the weakest on the show.should have been gone.

• Jill Moy says:

A solid top 6? As long as The Bride Of Frankenstein (MEGAN) is in the field, nothing is solid! She is terrible! She claims to be 28…..is it a joke? We almost lost India to Corey, another joke!

• GHenderson says:

Corey should have been saved. When the vote bar was taken off the screen, he was ahead. This is the second time this season that this has happened to a contestant. Makes you wonder, don’t it?

• Dawn says:

Corey didn’t deserve to make it past his battle round no less make it to lives. He won on the fact his grandfather was in bad condition. He didn’t outsing Jacob Rummel but no one complained because Pharrell saved Jacob. However, when he won against Cody Wickline, the online fandom became outraged. I know I was one that tweeted like crazy for India when I saw how close they were because I didn’t think Corey deserved the save at all. His save song was so pitchy and his power note fizzled badly into something completely NON powerful. Corey was mediocre in this whole competition and didn’t seem to get any better.

• Dawn says:

Corey shouldn’t have made it past his battle round no less made it to lives. He was mediocre at best. It was a total joke when he won the battle round against the better country singer. He hit less notes than any other contestant. I can say he was consistent. He was consistently messing over great country songs and single handedly giving country music a bad name of mediocrity. I know that when I saw how close India and Corey was in voting, I voted for India just to keep country music from becoming a joke on the Voice. I don’t even care who wins at this point as long as Corey didn’t ruin the name of country music on the Voice any longer. So I think he lost fairly because I know more than one country music lover that tweeted for India just to put Corey out due to his lack of real talent.

• Pat says:

I agree…..and the announcer was all hunky-dorry with India….made me sick to my stomach.

• Mr crabs says:

Damn skippy!

• Sharon says:

Megan is not 28 and over the hill for this competition. Blake’s buddy . She needs to go!!!! If she wins this it IS rigged and I’m done with The Voice!

2. Runner says:

I thought India was awful tonight, but I am glad she was saved. I do feel like she is getting worse week after week though… It’s all so interesting. Thank you America for getting rid of Corey. That was an exciting vote. Sooooo close.

• ashley says:

Corey should’ve been saved. India was awful.

• Jeannie says:

I totally a.agree with you. I’m sad that Hannah couldn’t get saved though. She sang better than India, miss sourpuss. Hanna has a great personality too and worked extremely hard. HOpe she goes somewhere in her career

• Birdy says:

I think all three performances were pretty bad, Corey’s less so than I’d anticipated. But during India’s song, there were flashes of her beautiful voice. I think she has an inherently great voice, but I don’t know whether it’s the song choices or what, but I agree she’s getting worse as time goes on. Although I did enjoy SOTR the other night (but I guess I’m in the minority.) She still beats Hannah and Corey by a mile though, insofar as pure vocal talent goes. At least imo, and I’m glad she was saved!

3. Kim Moores says:

Correct save, shame it was such a fight for her to win that save.
    But now CKW and Hannah are gone ^_^

• Angie_Overrated says:

India knocked out the only country artist who happened to be cute (but not Chris Jamison cute, more like non-threatening blond white boy cute) AND on Blake Shelton’s team. I’m not sure how she did it. Her performance was far from perfect, but I did notice the energy level life dramatically on stage compared to the first two save performances.

• Kim Moores says:

She really came alive tonight.
        This was the first night where I was becoming very sucked in by India for a performance.
        She needs those intimate, quieter songs where she can just hit those toe curling notes and runs rather than go for the big bombast.

• analythinker says:

She was saved literally on the last minute. I saw the retweets and Corey was ahead. But that apparently lit fire under some people (including me).

• Runner says:

Awesome. Thank you.

• Skiser says:

Me too! I finally broke down and signed up for Twitter tonight just so I could #VoiceSaveIndia! Really enjoy Hannah’s performances, but Corey & Hannah were the weakest singers of the top 8. (BTW: Cody was a much better singer than Corey!)

• Mack Vincent says:

Absolutely agree. Not into country at all, but Cody’s vocals were much better/stronger than Corey.

• Shadowscale says:

I also signed up for twitter. I couldn’t let Corey get the save, and India is my personal favorite.

• AlyB says:

I tweeted for India too but I tweet every week. It’s a good thing people like you jumped in on this. Blake’s Twitter army is strong and this was extremely close. She needed every single tweet so thanks for signing up!

• Angie_Overrated says:

Thank you for doing so, Skiser! They always say every vote counts, which is usually BS, but tonight that couldn’t have possibly been more true.

• Birdy says:

So glad so many folks jumped into Twitter to save India! I tweeted and re-tweeted, then had to sit and watch while it looked like Corey was going to get the save. Both my husband (who’s not a regular watcher, but I “made” him watch the three last night) and I were thrilled when it went to India! Based on her body of work, she deserved it. And I think she was still better last night than the other two. But I do have to say that Corey was better (much better, actually) than I had expected.

• charles says:

you need your ears checked.hanna had the strongest voice.

• Grace says:

I signed up for Twitter too just to save India. People are always underestimating the underdogs. But ppl like India and Kim have a lot of support in NYC, so even if you may not personally like them…they have a lot of connections in NYC of ppl who c a r e about them and are voting for them (even if they’re not favorite singers)….

• Nedsdag says:

Chris Jamison is cute? Whatever. Meanwhile, India won by two votes.

• Kim Moores says:

Chris is foiiiinnne

• Nedsdag says:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, Kim (or is it Kimme). Denzel Washington is foiiiiinne. Chris looks like he should be on the cover of Geek Weekly.

• Angie_Overrated says:

Beauty is usually in the eye of the beholder, except when it comes to Chris Jamison. The earth is round, E = MC squared, and Chris Jamison is foiiiiinnne.

• Runner says:

Hey there,

Where do you go to see exactly how many votes each person got? Just curious.

• Melody says:

Chris looks like Channing Tatum’s mongoloid kid brother.

• tvtjw says:

Chris was not cute. Taylor John Williams (S7) was a cutie.

• Angie_Overrated says:

TJW looked like he could have been Winona Rider’s morose brother in Beetlejuice. I was not a fan of his in the least. He was memorably bad IMO.

• tvtjw says:

TJW has stayed as my favorite Voice artist throughout every season, even over Sawyer. Not understanding to this day how people disliked him – it doesn’t help that Slezak dogged him throughout the whole season, though.

• JM1 says:

Eek! Please don’t remind me of TJW!!

• Angie_Overrated says:

Different preferences I guess. I personally had to leave the room or mute the tv when TJW was on. Not sure what it was about him, but he was one of my least favorites in a season that already wasn’t good. But I’m glad you liked him. Are you supporting him still? What’s he up to?

• tvtjw says:

He was so interesting – he was always peaceful, I thought consistent, and never annoyed me. He didn’t scream, he didn’t try to do something he knew he couldn’t he was so easy on the eyes and I thought his more “fun” performances (i.e. Royals and Come Together) were so cool as you could see him enjoying it. I think people had a hard time connecting to our “dark one.” Yes, I am still supporting him – he’s released a couple songs since The Voice including Castle and an actual single, The Mates of Soul (which is remarkably better than Castle, I will admit) and is coming out with a full EP album soon. Good things to come from my boy.

• Angie_Overrated says:

Even the ones I don’t care for I always wish the best for. Music is such an individual thing, and I have to admit I do have a problem with the competitive nature of a show involving musicians. I’m especially happy to see the non-winners do well, so I hope he continues to do well!

• JM1 says:

You are right, mid-song she seemed to dig in her heels and decide she wanted to stay, and we all felt it. Good for her!

4. Joe says:

Wow a season where Adam and Blake only have 2 of the final 6. Maybe America is finally voting for contestants and not coaches.

5. Angie_Overrated says:

I think I screamed louder than India when she got saved. Go, India!!!!

• Kaba says:

Not possible, I’m willing to bet money that she broke her mic.
      That scream was loud and demonic

• Angie_Overrated says:

I will reiterate: I think I screamed louder than India when she got saved. :)
        One dog ran into the closet and the other was cowering under the bed. hahahaha I have to prepare them for football season. The dogs hate football season.

• Kaba says:

India won by 2 votes.
          2 votes. Imagine if her fans had been even a microfiber lazier o.o

• Runner says:

Two votes? Wow.

• Skiser says:

OMG!!! 1 of the 2 was my vote! I signed up for Twitter tonight – just to #VoiceSaveIndia – AND got it installed and Tweeted in just in the nick of tie before Carson closed the voting!!!

• tvtjw says:

Now I’m upset… had I not had a track meet Monday night, I could’ve watched performances Monday and eliminations live. I so could’ve instant saved Corey had I been watching live. Not a country fan or of him himself, but certainly didn’t want India around any longer.

• Chris says:

2% not 2 votes. There is a big difference.

• Angie_Overrated says:

You’re right, Chris. There is a huge difference between 2% of the votes and 2 votes. Except the margin of victory for India was in fact 2 votes, not 2% of the votes.

• Grace says:

It’s not about being lazy….it’s that a lot of her fans weren’t even on twitter until she was in the bottom 3. She gained thousands of twitter fans even before the voting window was open….once ppl saw she was in the bottom 3.

• analythinker says:

LOL. Alright, you win.

• Birdy says:

My dog ran behind the sofa when I screamed at India’s save….

6. I am very thrilled that India and Team Xtina took down Team Blake! So happy and thrilled! Hopefully, Team Christina will be represented at the finale!

7. KathyF says:

America got it right.

8. MAB says:

Pretty happy with the results tonight.

9. Angie_Overrated says:

I’ve not been a fan of Corey’s at all this season, but he outsang that guy who just won an ACM award. That guy SUUUUUUUUUUCKED. And Corey sounded pretty good. But I can’t tell if he sounded good because that other guy was embarrassing as all hell to listen to, so he was “not terrible” by comparison as opposed to being “not terrible” on an absolute basis.
    That guy won an ACM award? Was it for Mr. Congeniality? Or Biggest Heart? Please don’t tell me he won for his music.

• analythinker says:

I have to agree with this, I thought Corey won that duet. Oh wait, it’s not a battle.

• Angie_Overrated says:

Corey sounded pretty good there, no? If that guy can win awards, then Corey might just have a bright future ahead of him.

• Chris says:

I said the same thing last night when watching that performance. I’m not a Corey fan either but oddly enough, he actually sounded like a talented singer next to the other guy. Country fans, please don’t hate me for saying this, but I’ve always thought the bar was always lower when it comes to what is considered acceptable in present day country music. Country music fans today are much more forgiving….Maybe this is why we see so many musicians jumping over to the country bandwagon?? who knows…
          Either way, I’m glad to see Corey gone. He seems like a nice enough kid but just couldn’t compete with the others. Quite frankly, the kid for West Virginia (whose name escapes me) would have gotten much further….

• Dawn says:

Yes! HIs name is Cody Wickline. Cody Wickline was an amazing country singer. He as authentic. I heard him online in a live concert he performed with Sarah Pontenza for their Voice fans. He was even more amazing than anyone got to hear. Sarah was even gushing of what a magnificent singer he was and he had a lot of Sarah’s fans loving his vocals.

• Melody says:

Welcome to today’s Top 40 country. All you need to do is have a twang, the right clothes, play the God card one minute and “sing” about drinking and your firearms collection the next.

10. patdamico says:

Bravo, America.

Glad to see voters rewarded Joshua for a nice comeback. No, FoG isn’t wrought with excitement, but it sounded lovely, and I’ve always liked those lyrics.

We’re headed toward the endgame with correct 6 contestants. Now, let’s see who can really shine.

11. James says:

So happy with the results I thought India killed it tonight!!

12. Davey says:

Is it possible that Joshua got more online and phone votes than Sawyer this week?

• TC says:

nope. I highly doubt it….
      I really don’t think Carson is calling contestants to safety in any particular order…

13. In October itslf Facebook made a notablle push owards HTML5 as it launched a new mobile app that allows users to play theiur mobile games like
    Zynga’s Farm – Ville Express, Wooga’s Magic Land: Island, and Moblyng’s Social Poker
    Live. This article looks at the nuts and bolts of thos once popular technology.
    Below is a list of ideas and suggestions that will help ALL students to succeed in the SMET classroom.

14. Blynn says:

If Blake wanted a country singer in his group, he should have kept Cody.

• Nedsdag says:

I guess this means Meghan will be twanging it up for the rest of the competition. So technically, Blake still has a country singer.

• Sharon says:

Megan needs to go home next. I thought her last performance was only so so. She tends to sing only really loud songs. She is Blake’s buddy. There is much better talent there then hers. I don’t think she’ll go very far after the voice either except as an R&B entertainer. I don’t know how old she is but she just looks too old. I just don’t enjoy watching or listening to her and would never buy her music.

15. Florence+TheMachineRules!!! says:

So happy that india made it!!! Wonder how much votes she got more at the last second? Also I would have given india a B+ 😃😃😃 Finally, who thinks if kimberly SAAANNNGGG seven nation army, she would shut everything down?

• analythinker says:

Probably, but that song won’t get her to Top 10 on iTunes.

• Florence+TheMachineRules!!! says:

Who knows, creep almost made it

• analythinker says:

I don’t know, you’re right. I just said that from observation over the years. Seven Nation Army has been sung twice on the show, by Melanie Martinez and that comeback kid from Shakira’s team… I forget his name. I’d rather hear something new :)

16. Z says:

Correct Top 6. All eliminations from now on will be sad but I think the Finale will include Sawyer, Kimberly, and Meghan.
    Watch out for Meghan because she’s going to get the strong country vote from here on.

• tvlover44 says:

replace meghan with koryn and i’ll be happy (and i think if koryn continues on her fantastic upward trajectory – and especially if she has another ‘make it rain’ moment, this is what will happen!)

• Mack_attack says:

I agree that Meghan will benefit from Corey being out of the contest. I’m sure that Blake will urge her to sing more country or country-like songs. I also think that the divas will start cancelling each other out, so I can see the top 3 being your picks.

17. Evan says:

Take this as you will, but the official “The Voice” twitter said tonight’s vote came down to TWO VOTES. Wow, I wonder how accurate that is. Regardless, I voted for Hannah even though I knew she had no shot. Glad India is the one with the save though!

• danin says:

Voted for Hannah myself.And wow! 2 votes??!!

• MC says:

I tweeted Hannah and congratulated her on the Tina Turner cover last night. I think she really nailed it, except her lower register at the very start was shaky. She was in control and on pitch the whole song. I strongly disagree with Slezak, who called her “lifeless.” She also showed a lot of dignity when Xtina was obviously trying to undermine her credibility last night. You scored big points with me, Hannah. I’m proud of you, young lady.

• Angie_Overrated says:

That’s really nice of you, MC. I’ve never thought to tweet these people, but I’m sure they read them and it makes them happy, particularly on the day they get eliminated.
        And I finally placed it tonight. It’s been driving me nuts trying to figure out who Hannah reminds me of, and it finally clicked: the actress who plays Mellie the First Lady on Scandal. Hannah looks like she could be her kid sister.

• MC says:

I noticed that Hannah always had impeccable timing with the band, even when her vocals were perhaps too strident. I see on her Twitter page that Hannah is a violinist and that probably helps a great deal with her sense of timing. She doesn’t get behind the music or ahead of it. Hannah definitely has enough skill, talent and overall musicality to make a go of it in the music world.

• PatD says:

Classy, MC.

• Gailer says:

Wow, and I saw a lot of incorrect votes out there, spaces between name and voicesave, I dont think those count

18. Eurydice says:

Whatever, somebody had to stay and somebody had to go. It was a super close margin and India isn’t going to get any better than she is right now, so I expect she’ll be gone next week. I’m just happy I won’t have to hear any more of Hannah’s screaming.

• Angie_Overrated says:

I prefer Orpheus, but I guess you’re ok too. :)
      India’s definitely in the bottom half of this top 6. She’s gotta nail next week if she wants any prayer of continuing. I’m skeptical, but it’s not impossible.

• Eurydice says:

Orpheus, that rat – don’t get me started.

And I’m going to go out on a limb and say that, for India, it is impossible.

• Angie_Overrated says:

I dunno. Joshua sucked and sucked hard and somehow came roaring back into the top 10 of iTunes with the most uninspired, lazy, out of tune, and utterly dull performance I’ve seen in the top 12. If that could happen, I don’t see how it’s impossible for India to have a really good week. I’d say the Joshua scenario was far less believable, yet it happened. How it happened I’ll never understand, but it happened!

• wild_child says:

with the exception of last week’s tragic performance, Joshua has always performed incredibly well on itunes. He has been the top 2 or 3 every week. India on the otherhand has had middling to worse in terms of sales, She would need to have an unwordly experience in order to save herself from bottom 3 and based on her lack of consistency I’m not terribly confident in that

• Angie_Overrated says:

The mistake you’re making is equating “good” with “sold well on iTunes.” There is some absolutely horrific music that tops charts. Joshua took an easy song, and still somehow managed to screw it up with wrong notes. There’s no way to successfully defend against this statement. The song was range bound and he still sang wrong notes. Sorry, but he was awful this week too, regardless of what iTunes is saying. At least last week he had the excuse that it was a more challenging song (relatively speaking, as last week’s song wasn’t that hard either). This week he had no such excuse. If people want to buy that, then by all means, go to it. But it was dreadful at an objective level.

• wild_child says:

*sigh* listen, you’re injecting your opinion here when I’m just talking cold hard facts and the fact of the matter is Joshua is one of the better selling artists itunes wise this season. He usually ranks in the top 3; often top 2. Joshua is just okay to me so I have no dog in this fight but he has outsold India all season with the exception of that one horrific performance last week. Whether India stays or Joshua leaves next week is really of no consequence to me; neither is winning this show but let’s stick with facts and not make this a condemnation on the quality of music which is going off on an entirely unrelated tangent. And completely disregarding the itunes sales altogether because they don’t fit your narrative is preposterous. It’s evidence that Joshua has a bit of a bigger fanbase than India.

• Angie_Overrated says:

I’m not injecting my opinion at all. A) The song was range bound. That’s a fact. Not an opinion. B) He sang wrong notes in a range-bound song. That’s also a fact. Not an opinion.
            Now for my opinion: When one is singing a range-bound song, one better not screw it up. And he managed to screw up a song that had the difficulty level of a nursery rhyme.

19. danin says:

I walked away half way thru Coery’s song.I voted for Hannah, cause she’s fun.And sings a heck of a lot better than that guy singing the praises of drunks.Hahaha. Sorry,India just didn’t do it for me much the same way Josh doesn’t. And yay,Corey is gone .Let’s hear it for the listening class.

20. Melody says:

I cheered when India won and Corey lost. He clearly had no business there and I won’t be missing Elaine, uh I mean Hannah. Now we just need to get rid of JoZzzzzua and the Top 5 will be solid.

21. Annette says:

No, Hannah should have been saved. She was the best.

22. PatD says:

I suspect Blake stacked his team (meaning, let Cody go instead of Corey), for the express reason of getting his country vote to back Meghan. It’s pretty clear, he’s had a “Meghan Strategy” all along, and I have to say I admire his loyalty. He’s obviously been trying to help a very talented singer back from some really hard luck, and I hope she rises to the occasion.

I really want Sawyer to win, because I think he’s The Voice’s best chance for a post season success, but Pharrell and he have to start being smarter, and dig deeper, for better song choices. That’s what this is all about from here on: SONG CHOICE.

• Runner says:

Interesting theory about Blake. I have always thought he was the best strategist on the show.

• Jasper says:

True. Sawyer’s last two song choices have been so on-the-nose, it’s like he’s wearing one of those scarlet snouts himself. He needs to mix it up, or else Kimberly will take him down.

• PatD says:

I think that would be the worst advice for him, right now (that, and Pharrell continuing to force him to awkwardly walk around the stage and/or shake the swaybots hands. Please stop making him do that), because he needs to very much stay within his identifiable wheelhouse. They just need to pick more current and/or interesting songs. Sawyer seems to have an especially high music IQ, so Pharrell should trust his instincts. I read that Sawyer wanted to sing a Jason Isbell song last week, but was given the LS song, instead, and that was a bad move, IMO.

• Angie_Overrated says:

Agreed with you here. If it ain’t broken, don’t fix it. Whatever he’s doing is working for him because people seem to love him. I am not one of them, but I have to admit his ability to rally the forces is impressive even if I don’t get it at all.

• Alan Dvorkis says:

Interesting. Agree totally. Damien Rice I think would suit his voice too.

• Birdy says:

I want to see him stick within his “wheelhouse,” but I’d love to hear him do a more uptempo song and/or something a little more blues-y. I want to see him win, and think it would be crazy for him to experiment with anything out of his element. But I can see him rockin’ it out a bit and still being great.

• MC says:

I was really glad that Meghan received the votes to get into the top six. I thought her “Something” was quite good, considering she had to sing above the orchestra. I suppose it’s a fairly simple ditty by today’s standards, but there is some real passion in that song. It doesn’t necessarily have to be a low-key presentation. I’m glad Meghan did something different with it.

• J. Scott says:

Cody was truly country, not bubblegum top 40 country. hated to see him sacrificed for a a strategy.Meghan is a good singer, just can’t connect with her

• Gailer says:

I won’t be surprised if Meghan is the winner! And she has the experience too. That Blake is one smart ole country dude lol

• Sharon says:

I agree. Maybe Blake fixed that it way on purpose but she (Meghan) should not win this competition. The others are bettter.

23. Kaba says:

Can we also make note that Joshua, as far as I’m concerned, was the first contestant to survive the instant save curse by a means other than just being instant saved for a second week in a row?

24. Sharron says:

I think this was a great elimination!

25. Caroline says:

Is this the first time there’s been no country artists in the Top 6 of a season?

26. ashley says:

You’re so dumb!!!! Ya’ll should’ve saved Corey Kent White!!!

• Melody says:

Sorry me ears couldn’t handle any more of him. lmao

• ashley says:

He was the best one on there

• Kaite Killjoy says:

Type ‘spaghetti’ if there’s a rabid CKW fan with a gun to your head right now.
          I understand you clearly aren’t saying that in seriousness.

• ashley says:

I’m being serious. Corey was by far the best one

• Kim Moores says:

oh God. LOL

• bobsaccamanna says:

LOL you think it’s a hostage situation Kaite? The only reason I am kind of ok with Hannah being eliminated is because Corey was the elimination to be named later in the deal. I call it a dead heat between India and Hannah vocally, but I prefer Hannah’s voice and found her more entertaining. In any event neither one of them was going to win so it ultimately didn’t matter, but Corey is gone and thank god we won’t have a reprise of the Jake Worthington debacle. I really thought that might happen with Corey.

• Angie_Overrated says:

HAHAHAHA!!! I’ve read some funny posts on here, but that spaghetti one was inspired.

• Katie Killjoy says:

I mean, let’s be real here.
            My first assumption for anyone having preference of CKW over anyone left in the competition is that you’re in a hostage situation.
            The kid was awful.
            Then to daringly say he was the best? There’s a word for that kind of crazy.

• Newbie says:

LOLOL!

• Newbie says:

LOL!!

• Melody says:

Good news if you like him is that Blake almost always helps his team members out after the show.

• ashley says:

I know. That’s what I love about him. He always gets the people he likes a record deal even if they done win the voice. For example The Swon Brothers. They got 3rd place on the voice and now have a couple songs playing on the radio. #goteamblake

• Dawn says:

Corey didn’t deserve to be in lives no less saved. He was mediocre, ruined the country songs of legendary country singers, and missed more notes than any singer trying to win a competition should have. He was by far not the best country voice before Blake picked him. Matt Snook and Cody Wickline beat Corey by a mile with their vocal talent. Cody was my favorite but if Matt had beat out Cody, I would’ve been fine with that scenario because Matt at least had talent.

27. Julie says:

India going home next week and kim. Lol I wish anyway.

• ashley says:

I wish India went home tonight

• Karla says:

My DVR says only 1 person is going home next week instead of 2. Maybe no twitter vote? I’d be happy if India or Megan left next. Or Joshua but doesn’t look like it’ll happen. Agree with the person who said it’s all about song choice now.

• Sharon says:

I agree not everyone can do twitter which is not fair and limits the ability of America to choose. This vote should be based on what everyone can do without setting up an account they don’t want ( twitter)

28. ashley says:

I don’t understand what ya’ll didn’t like about Corey. He should’ve had the instant save.

• Angie_Overrated says:

I won’t speak for everyone, but personally I like singers who can actually hit the right notes. The women this season are wiping the floor with the men on that front. If you want to be a singer, you have to hit the correct notes or please stop singing. There’s only room in the market for a few Rihannas and Spears.

• Birdy says:

ashley, he was off-key in many of his performances, and his voice is too light and too plain vanilla. My first point is objective, and my last two are subjective. Not that most singers don’t go off-key once in awhile–but he was more off than on, I think. But in the end, he just wasn’t a strong enough artist….

29. Jasper says:

I feel like we have the right Top 6, and it’s a great Top 6. Definitely one of the strongest that we’ve had on the show. Nobody was excellent in the Save Me performances: Hannah was more subdued, but a bit freaked out; Corey’s pitch and excitement got thrown into a dumpster; and India’s song seemed a half-step too low for her. But halfway through, India dug her high heels into that stage and laid it all out; and for that, she deserved the save. But wow: 2 VOTES?!?!

Next week’s elimination is gonna suck, I can say that for certain.

• ashley says:

I think Corey was fantastic

• Alison says:

Aww remember Season 7’s Top 6? IMO, they were the strongest, even though almost completely male-dominated (Matt <3)
      This season's honestly quite a let down compared to the last :(
      But meh, at least Corey's gone ^_^

30. Karla says:

Didn’t realize before that the instant save says 1 vote per twitter ID. Glad it weeds out all the crazed teens who’d vote 100s of times – laughing at them having a fit on twitter that the vote was rigged & Cory really won. Very happy with the result tonight. Gotta say though, I’ve been a big India fan but all her naysayers here have won me to their side tonight. Did not think she did well in her sing off song at all. It really seemed to be too low for her range. She could barely just hit the notes at the beginning & end of her song. Sure she was good at the loud belty parts but that was only half the song. Why make such a poor song choice at such a time? She can’t possibly be classically trained and not be aware how bad the low register was. Major turn off.

31. Kim Moores says:

Song suggestions for India:
    India Arie: Ready For Love
    Daughter: Youth
    My Funny Valentine
    Corinne Bailey Rae: Like a Star

32. kevstar says:

I knew it would be Cory and Hannah gone.

• ashley says:

I really thought Corey would be saved but I guess America isn’t all that great at choosing good singers. Corey deserved to be saved.

• Dawn says:

Sorry but a good singer requires hitting notes and not straining to do so. He was far from deserving of being on this show. I don’t think he would’ve made it on American Idol and they have far less talent than the Voice in most cases. IMO

33. Bob says:

Come on people Sawyer Fredrickson……….you would buy this kids CD if he made it. He is Karaoke talented and thats it he has no range……..please keep the shows integrity as the VOICE around. People that have been voted off have been more talented. The only thing going for Sawyer is 16yr old girls with nothing better to do than vote for a good looking young man still in high school . COME ON AMERICA LETS SHOW THE VOICE ITS STILL THE VOICE NOT THE FACE, OR LOOKS.

• charles says:

agree Bob

• Cip says:

hate to break it to you, but Sawyer’s fan base far exceeds the “16 year old” white girl demography that you are referring to. Read the posts above. He has tons of fans (male and female) of all age groups.

• I have been on Sawyers facebook and Im sorry to tell you that he has many, many older fans and a huge fan base at that. He asked his fans to help save India and he did the same last week with Josh! If Josh is in the bottom ,he will do it again because he is very close to Josh! It was Corey that had 16 year old girl fans!

• Birdy says:

Bob, can you please use apostrophes and other punctuation where needed? I tried reading your post, because I was interested in what you had to say. But I had to give up. I’m serious; I’m not just trying to yank your chain or trying to be mean. I simply cannot read what you’re trying to say.

34. Ginger Snap says:

‘Bout time Hannah went home. My ears are not bleeding anymore.

• ashley says:

I agree. I didn’t like Hannah AT ALL. And I’m really mad that India was saved. I think her performance tonight was awful

35. Kim Moores says:

For me, India can fill the quirk vein.
    She has this earthy quality to the tone of her voice that I identify in quirky singers, but India isn’t a quirky singer so this could give birth to such a different type of artist.
    That quirky vein gives her the ability to be theatric and intimate and maybe even make for jazz infusions.
    She ought to sing, ‘Please Don’t Say You Love Me’ by Gabrielle Aplin

• Ashley says:

I don’t think India is that good. I think that she should just go home right now. It’s where she belongs

• Kim Moores says:

Honey, you like CKW. That’s all I’m taking away from anything you say tonight.

• Angie_Overrated says:

I’m literally lol’ing at this chick’s string of comments. I’m picturing a 20’s something woman stress eating ice cream and Cheetos while nervously pulling her hair out whilst muttering something about unfairness under her breath.

• Kim Moores says:

Surrounded by her CKW plastered walls thinking of how she has failed him.

• Angie_Overrated says:

Although in all fairness, I bought a 1.75 liter of Bombay Sapphire for tonight and started drinking at 7:30 to soften the blow of Koryn’s demise. I lamented Koryn’s elimination all day. I’m ok if she gets eliminated now because this final 6 is strong (well, 5 of the 6… Joshua is not good at all and I’d put him below Hannah and Corey), but I would have been a mess had she been eliminated tonight.

• Kim Moores says:

Exactly what I said.
            I’ve made my peace with eliminations so long as the top 6 consists of everyone left aside from Corey and Hannah.
            Ideally I’d swap Joshua out for Mia Z, but we can’t always get what we want.

• Kim Moores says:

Lord you should’ve told me you were having bombay.
            I was a hair close from just not watching tonight and acting as though this week never happened and Koryn didn’t exist because if she had been eliminated tonight….

• Angie_Overrated says:

There’s a pretty clear path for Koryn to get to the final 4. Let’s face it, she won’t beat Sawyer or Kimberly in the vote or downloads, but it’s highly possible (and likely even) that she beats out India and Joshua. Now that the country vote and the Blake Shelton vote are consolidated behind Meghan, I’m guessing Meghan gets the third slot and Koryn will win the save into the final 4.
            But I am happy I didn’t have to get sloshed tonight on gin and tonics. I’ll have to figure out what to do with all these limes. I’m thinking a chicken marinade is in my immediate future.

• Jill Moy says:

ASHLEY,,

Don’t worry about these TROLLS (these same people who are making fun of you call me troll and bully and worse yet they do worse than me)! You are entitled to your opinion! I blast the singers sometimes, but I don’t make fun of people who comment! We have these noitalls who think they are experts on singing, trying to be like Harry on AI?

If you like Corey, that’s ok! You shouldn’t be made the butt of their jokes!

• Arvin says:

Bahh Bahhh Bahhh, the Goat Whisperer gets another week to perform. She got the pimp spot last week yet shewas only able to get to 40 on itunes and this week bottom 3.

• Angie_Overrated says:

What are you talking about? The Goat Whisperer got to #2 on iTunes with Simple Man. People love goat vibratos apparently!

36. Harry Wild says:

I pulling for Hannah Kirby!

37. Mason says:

Did anyone else think India was the worst tonight? She has potential for sure but she has royally sucked for weeks now!

38. Eric says:

I haven’t been watching this season, it’s been a rough year with school. But nothing has pleased me more than seeing Christina do so well. I’m really glad she seems to have turned herself around this season, and am also very pleased at seeing two Blake contestants eliminated in one night.

39. Joshua Is Boring says:

All three gave such bad sing off performances I was not compelled to vote for any of them. India and the Gap-Toothed Human Lunesta Pill need to be eliminated before the finale. I can live with a Top 4 of Sawyer, Kim, Koryn and Meghan.

• PatD says:

I’m assuming you are not 12 years old when I type this, but you do know it’s possible to express a valid opinion without resorting to nasty personal attacks, right?

40. dj says:

I just want the song to be heartfelt and beautiful, with their own twist on it, but I don’t want them to do any vocal calisthenics just for the sake of being able to do them. I don’t want their organs on the stage and all of that.

41. Zayra Tamayo says:

America did not vote for the right people, I think it was unfair. All 3 of team Blake deserve to stay. I m very upset that Blake has only 1 left :( :( :(

42. Juju says:

America absolutely got it right. I’m glad Joshua was safe because he deserved it this week. Joshua, Koryn and Sawyer were my top 3 this week and I’m happy to see them all safe. Okay, so we all knew Sawyer wasn’t going anywhere, and Koryn got the last spot so she was probably good, but I was afraid for Joshua. it’s funny they promote this a team thing, since now Adam and Blake have one each left while Xtina and Pharrell have two. I think the word may have come down to let somebody else win one.

43. ZT says:

Very unfair that Blake has only 1 left on his team. I hope he wins again like he has been winning for the past 3 or 4 seasons. Goooo Blake!!!! :)

• PatD says:

I’d bet the ranch that Blake’s very pleased with the way it’s turning out. I also expect to hear something from Cody (not Corey) in the near future. I remember the mic picking up his post elimination comment to Cody that went something like, “I’ll be emailing you.”

44. michelle stephens says:

I don’t think India should have been in the bottom 3 at all, but I’m glad Americans got it right!

45. I believe all the talent shows on TV today were initially conceived to showcase talent, but they all have turned into popularity contests regardless of talent! Sawyer may be a nice cute kid but definitely is NOT a top six singer/performer. Meghan linsey is the best VOICE we will see if america gets it right or if cuteness and tear jerking stories win a title

• Alison says:

I do agree with you to an extent…Sawyer to me sounds a little monotone in each performance- he needs to pick songs that don’t all sound the same (and newer songs-to get more teenage votes), and offer a little dynamic in the performance.
      But then again, he’s so different from all the screeching and annoying song-destroying runs (aka Kimberley and India) so I guess he stands out. He also seems really down-to-earth and relatable, and that doesn’t hurt either.

Just putting this out there..don’t kill me all of you, but I miss Brooke :( I keep playing her ‘Electric Feel’ cover. Wish she’d stayed longer :'(

46. Sharon says:

I’m 66 years old and I love, love Sawyer!!! He’s very unique, entertaining, a song writer, humble, caring of others, not boastful or screechy, real down to earth, and I believe he has the most potential to succeed far past the voice. I hope he wins and I will buy every CD he produces!!! Just keep being you Sawyer! Hope I get to see you in concert some day.

47. Mary says:

Yah baby, twitter def got it right

48. ginbat says:

I think that Hannah and Cory split the Blake vote. Also India got to go last and then Xtina babbled on forever. They had the commercial break and came right back to more babbling from Xtina. Blake’s contestants were bussed.

49. Bob says:

its stupid that nobody from the West Coast figures into the Save.

• PatD says:

Bob, you do know there’s all kinds of scheduling-tweet apps, right? Just Google “timed/scheduling tweets for Twitter.” Not that I use them. Just sayin’…

• Help says:

This issue is not the technology. The issue that I haven’t SEEN any of the performances in order to make an informed vote. Yes, I realize that some people have their special favorites, they could care not less about merit, it’s about “like” or “cute”. But for those who don’t have a special dog in the race, and who want to base their vote on actual performance on a given night, the twitter thing is unfair.

• Alan Dvorkis says:

Agree. Both The Voice and Idol have dissed us

50. Steve Hunter says:

I don’t know why Carson says America saves because all the voting is done before the show is telecasted on the west coast. It should be half of America saves.