Ratings: Stalker Returns Up After Nine-Week Hiatus, Tops The Following

Stalker Ratings Cancelled Renewed

Well, it was bound to happen: Kevin Williamson beat Kevin Williamson this Monday night, as the uberproducer’s two creepy creations went toe tag-to-toe tag for the first time.

Returning from its nine-week hiatus to a new night and time, CBS’ Stalker drew 5.7 million total viewers and a 1.3 rating (per finals), down 15 percent in audience but up a tenth in the demo versus its most recent outing (closing a Wednesday in February). Versus Scorpion‘s week-ago finale, however, Stalker was down a steep 44 and 36 percent.

Fox’s The Following meanwhile did 3.5 mil and a 1.2, adding a few eyeballs week-to-week while steady in the demo.

Opening CBS’ night, 2 Broke Girls (6.6 mil/1.6) fell five tenths, while Mike & Molly (7.2 mil/1.7) slipped three tenths. Come 10 pm, NCIS: LA (7.8 mil/1.4) matched last week’s series low rating.

Elsewhere….

ABC | Dancing With the Stars (13.2 mil/2.0) dipped in audience plus a tenth in the demo. Castle (8.3 mil/1.3) ticked down to match its series low rating.

NBC | The Voice (10.5 mil/2.6) was steady, The Night Shift (5 mil/1.2) dipped 7 percent and a tenth.

FOX | The penultimate Gotham (4.6 mil/1.5) added some eyeballs but ticked down in the demo, matching its series low.

THE CW | The Originals (1.2 mil/0.5) and Jane the Virgin (1.1 mil/0.4) were both flat.

1. Mr. Tran K says:

OMG!! Either I’m shocked or surprised but Stalker move to Mondays took a huge risk and beat The Following in the 9 p.m. time slot. Is the series taking another risk for a second season or could CBS go ALL IN (poker term)?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Put THE STALKER against THE BLACKLIST on Saturday nights. My prediction.

• herman1959 says:

If they put The Blacklist on Saturdays, I may never see it again. I don’t usually look at TV on Saturdays and since I’m not really feeling the show at this point, I probably wouldn’t be motivated to keep up with it on hulu. But, I’m just one person; they do need to move it from Thursday, though.

• wrstlgirl says:

I have to agree. It would be sad to see such a great (ahem) show pushed to Saturdays. While this season is a bit lacking in quality it’s still better than some others who get better treatment.

• DarkDefender says:

Pretty sure, there are little if any non-repeat shows airing in prime time on a Saturday night… Because it’s not a TV night for anyone (except the cloneclub) .. and I gotta say..
            Losing fictional TVLine points… That’s gotta hurt.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

That was Matt making a funny ;) You are deducted 175 TVLine Power User Points* for not noticing. (*No cash value)

• wrstlgirl says:

(jumping in) I’ve seen crazier or worse things happen in TV world so pulling something like this would not be that surprising to me :-)

• herman1959 says:

Oops! But, I agree with wrstlgirl – at this point, I’d believe it because putting The Blacklist against Scandal was the worst.

• Cheeto says:

Was Walker, Texas Ranger the last show that actually ran new episodes on Saturday nights?

2. Nan says:

So does this mean that Stalker may be renewed. I really like this show, I like the originality of it and well The Following…I just don’t want to follow anymore. Enough is enough with that show

3. TicaTica says:

Im ok with Castle’s ratings from last night. Hopefully the demo will up in the last 2 episodes!

4. Christina says:

Feel kind of bad for Castle. It used to be a religious weekly viewing for me, but I’m solidly 5 episodes behind now. Just can’t muster up the interest to catch up.

5. Teri says:

Castle viewers are up. NCIS down. They took a real hit moving to MONDAY night. Nothing wrong with 8.5 million viewers for Castle.

6. LADY_in_MD says:

I dont know if this makes a difference but here in Maryland they preempted Gotham and the 8pm ABC Shows to show the riots in Baltimore.

They re-aired Gotham and 1130pm last night here.

7. The Voice was on last night for NBC, but not The Night Shift here because of the Baltimore riots. Hopefully nothing good happened, or I’ll at least catch it in repeats.

I did watch the Capitals game though, that was excellent and not pushed aside for chaos.

8. Nero tTVf says:

Stalker returns up after nine-week hiatus! – beats public access channel in the demo on local stations! WOW!! Time for a renewal CBS??! …. hmmm, probably not.

CBS won’t have many slots to fill at Upfront – perhaps 2 drama slots? If that? They’ll need something for Sunday at 10pm, and something for Wednesday at 10pm. That’s about all.

Some shows are ‘on the bubble’, and some shows are being given a farewell tour (dead man walking) around the schedule. Stalker? Farewell tour.

Matt – hope the TVLine team will be planning a Fall Season/Upfront thread and storyline in the next week or so. Sister site Deadline/Nellie is beginning to ramp up after what has been a quiet and uneventful pilot season. I think Upfront is set for week of May 11th, a bit early this year? I assume Upfront buzz will hit next week, May 4-8?

Keep up the good work Matt and TVL team! :)

• Iakovos says:

I would love a fresh breeze to blow across the CBS schedule. Let STALKER go and one each of the CSI and NCIS franchises. I would finish H5O, too. Would love something a little more sophisticated for during the week, as well as a solid family drama.

• drhenning says:

Exactly why???? They make tons of money with all these shows not only the first runs but resales.. POI not as much since that’s owned by another company but it’s highly regarded and still number 1 in it’s timeslot…. There’s plenty of choice on TV these days.. Let us who enjoy all these CBS shows alone..

• Joy Davidson says:

No! Keep Stalker. I love Dylan, Maggie and the rest of the cast. If there are some shows that need to go it’s both CSI shows and Hawaii 50. It would be such a shame to cancel Stalker. If it is canceled then I’m totally done with CBS for good! I’m tired of them taking away great shows and keeping the really lousy ones. That’s just my 2 cents.

9. The Grinch says:

As someone else pointed out on another thread. Kevin Williamson wants the show to get renewed so he can quit it.

10. kmw says:

Yes Castle’s actual viewer ratings are fine, but unfortunately advertisers want demo numbers so NCIS LA beat them in that regard. The Following may be steady now but it still not good enough and Gotham not good either but I believe they aired a lot later in some markets because of the coverage of Baltimore riots. everything else not a surprise

11. DavidSask says:

Sadly Stalker looks dead and that is what CBS wanted by how treated show. CSI Cyber sucks and could have waited on Wed. until Stalker finished its entire run. I hope since CBS has brought back crap from past they can at least give Stalker a summer or mid-season run!!!

• Joy Davidson says:

They had better! It’s unbelievable how this show has been treated! If this show is cancelled, then I’m through watching network TV. It sucks as it is and without Dylan McDermott or Patrick Dempsey on our TV screens, nothing will be worth watching anymore. This is my rant!

12. John Hibert says:

I will miss Stalker it was good but how do you expect it to stay in the ratings when it off for 6 weeks today people don’t remember what’s on TV kinda of pissed of. They better not cancel Person of Interest