Animated Series Golan the Insatiable Gets Primetime Order at Fox

Golan the Insatiable Fox

Fox just can’t get enough of Golan the Insatiable.

The animated comedy — which originally aired in 15-minute installments on Saturday’s Animation Domination High-Def lineup — has been given a primetime series order, TVLine has learned.

A new voice cast has been recruited for the series, including Rob Riggle (NTSF:SD:SUV) as the titular godlord who is transported from an alternate dimension to Oak Grove, Minn. There, his only friend is Dylan (Parks and Recreation‘s Aubrey Plaza), a macabre 9-year-old girl who constantly urges Golan to wreak havoc on her town.

Golan the Insatiable is the first Animation Domination High-Def project to score a primetime series order. Its first half-hour installment will premiere on Sunday, May 31, at 9:30/8:30c.

1. eddie says:

ummm why not the same voices? its probably cheaper and they’re already established? with that said, I actually liked this show, so heres hoping this works out….

• MC says:

I wish they were using the same voices. Why tamper with success? If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. I love the show, but I’m not sure that everyone will “get” the peculiar sense of humor in this series. We’ll soon find out.

• Ben says:

They certainly won’t if they don’t get the original voices! The humor was just so much better with those voices it really fit the characters and now there just isn’t any umppphhhhh in the voices!

2. Ben says:

I was an extremely big fan of the Animated Series Golan the Insatiable due to its hilarious original voices! They just fit the characters sooooo well! But now that fox has taken it up and has put these new voices on there for Golan and the little girl I find the show to be absolutely horrible and un funny now. This show had so much potential and now fox in my opinion is absolutely ruining this once great show with these horrible voices! Golems voice is horrible now it doesn’t fit! Please fix this!!!!!! The show has Amazing potential please fox don’t ruin this show!!!!!! Ughhhh

3. Sarah says:

It was sooo much better with the original voices! I agree the show had so much potential, and now it doesn’t feel the same. It’s not nearly as funny. I really hope they put the old voices back…

4. David says:

It’s ruined! This was such a devilishly good show, well written and humorous. All was well until the prime time show started and it sounded off key with the new voices. The characters no longer match what I’m hearing and the humor falls flat. I hope Fox fixes this quickly as this was a great show and I’d hate to see it fail due to an inept network executive decision.

5. dominic aguilar says:

I dont like having the cookie monster being the voice of Golan. I am fine with Dylan having a different voice but Golan is completely not funny now. This show got 8,000,000% worse. Please change it

6. wendy says:

I really love this show please don’t cancel it I’m the biggest fan it’s really funny I even love the new voices please make a 3rd season of it with the same voices

7. molly says:

Please do not cancel this show I want to see a 3rd season and I like the new voices

8. erikaleon says:

This show us really funny please don’t cancel it

9. Elizabeth says:

Please make another season I have told my friends and they really love it I always watch the same episodes and I don’t want to keep seeing the same old episodes I want to see new episodes the first episode I seen was shellraiser and that’s when I saw all of them and now I want to see a new season with the same voices

10. henry says:

Please make another season i love this show don’t cancel!!!

11. jenny says:

Please make another season with the same voices I like the same voices better

12. jenny says:

Please make another season with the same voices I like the same voices better like in the second season

13. jenny says:

Season 2 is better i like the voices in the second season

14. abby says:

Omg this show is so amazing it’s funny and there should be a episode of halloween and Christmas I think you would really get more viewers I would even tell my sister that lives far away from me i will tell her to watch it and my friends they all enjoy this show

15. kitty says:

This show is creepy but so funny lol best show ever please renew it

16. gigi says:

Oh please please dont cancel golan the insatiable renew it for season 3 i really enjoy this show i am so scared if this show gets canclled