Revenge: Will 'Star-Crossed' Emily and Jack End the Series Together?

Revenge Emily Jack

With only three episodes of Revenge left, is it too much to ask for Amanda Clarke to get her happy ending? If we’re talking about her love life, specifically in relation to one Jack Porter, it just might be.

When last we left Jack, he was flying to Los Angeles for a fresh start with Carl, as a too-late Emily watched helplessly from the runway. So can we hope for a Jack-Emily reunion before the season — and likely series — concludes next month? Have fun deciphering this tease from showrunner Sunil Nayar:

“Now that [Amanda’s] living in the world as herself, it gives [her and Jack] a greater opportunity to be who they are to each other,” he tells TVLine. “But it’s also terrifying for them, because there’s so much that’s built in to what this relationship is. You’ll see the nature of how star-crossed they are and how fate always chooses to intercede. The performances these two are giving [in these last episodes] are fantastic.”

Honestly, it sounds like the Jemily ‘ship could sail in either direction. One thing we do know for sure is that, save for a few well-timed flashbacks, we’ve seen the last of Victoria Grayson.

“You’ll see some stuff in flashbacks, which will explain more about what [Victoria’s] state of mind was,” Madeleine Stowe tells us. “Some people feel that Victoria’s story hadn’t fully wrapped up, so there should be, unless something has changed, some very strong revelations which we shot. You’ll get to understand her a little more.”

Revenge fans, are you hoping for a Jack-Emily reunion before season’s end? Drop a comment with your dream ending below.

1. Luis says:

Emily fakes her own death, then she, Jack and his son end up living on an island Nolan buys them as a wedding present.

2. Dave says:

I just want this show to be put out of its misery so I can stop watching. I don’t have enough power on my own.

3. Chris says:

Just as long as it’s not Ben, I’m good. Seriously, I have to Lysol my television every time he pops up, don’t know what it is but I just cannot stand that character. Sure, Margaux is annoying, but at least she laughably sucks at being a villain. Her and her Private Detective “Boris and Natasha-ing” new ways to have their revenge plans blow up in her face (I can sit through another season of that alone). If anything I’m curious of Charlotte’s reaction to being MIA for two Grayson deaths and whatever happened to Patrick (I forgot what his terms for leaving were).

• wrstlgirl says:

I’ve been wondering about Patrick also. Hope he makes an appearance before the end.

• Julie says:

Maegaux is a thousand times worse than Ben, in my opinion. Ben I just don’t care enough about to hate. Although I’m a couple of episodes behind so maybe something else has happened. I think Patrick just left, right? Nothing spectacular happened if I remember correctly.

• Julie says:

Margaux’s whole revenge plan is stupid too – she and Daniel were together for about a minute before she accidentally got pregnant. She acted like she lost the love of her life. I get that it’s television but it always bugged me. Emily’s and Daniel’s fake relationship had more substance than Daniel and Margaux.

• john says:

I felt the same way about Margaux’s father and Victoria. She fell back in love with him unvelievably andthen went on a rage bender for it. But I never felt anything for eith Margaux or Victoria, but for different reasons. Margaux was annoying and badly written and Victoria deserved it all. both character’s vengence were not belivable. They could of ended the series at s3 and Id of been ok with it. They jumped the shark with David anyway.

4. Ata says:

I dont know if happy ending exisits anymore ever since the death in Greys Anatomy.

• Dennis says:

This!!

• Ali says:

Yeah Shonda killed all our dreams last night

• Luis says:

Patrick Dempsey killed your dreams – he washed his hands of the show.

• Pia says:

Yeah why were people so shocked? I’ve never watched Grey’s but I feel like he said in an interview or something that he was leaving the show.

• I’m not so sure that it was Patrick Dempsey’s decision. I think that he wanted out but Shonda hastened his exit. And, even if he wanted out, it was Shonda who chose to kill him off. She could have just as easily kept him off-screen, in DC, until the series finale. So, it was Shonda who killed her dreams.

• Cas says:

I agree with this. Mer and him could have worked it out and he could have just been in DC. I bet next year will be the last year for the show anyway so it is not like it would have been hard to do. They were the main characters for 10 years and the couple everyone was pulling for. She ruined it!

• Julie says:

There’s a Page Six article for a few days ago where I got the impression that he would’ve kept up with the limited appearances until his contract expired but she wouldn’t put up with his “diva” behavior anymore. I’m not sure who the apwriter intended to make look worse: Patrick for trying to dictate his own schedule and come and go as he pleased or Shonda for not trying to accommodate an actor who loyally gave 10+ years to the show. I wish he was willing to fulfill the rest of his contract but if he was willing to stick it out through next season but on a limited basis only, I wish she would’ve worked with him on that. There were ways to write the character and the couple without seeing him in every episode.

• I think that she is always going to come out looking like the bigger a-hole. There are MANY difficult actors and most of them are tolerated, especially when it is in service to the story and the fans. The only reason to kill him off would have been her own ego. I don’t know how terrible he might have been during the last few years, but there are millions of people who have invested years and years in this show and a good many of them are D and M fans, even ones who insist that they are not. She could have dealt with him in another way and not crushed the viewers the way that she did. Frustrating, no? (I would have been happy to have him in only a few episodes. I don’t really care if I see him every week but counted on him and Meredith being end-game. Oh well).

• Whatevah says:

Read his interview, it sounded to me like he was kind of shocked he was killed off. So no I think Shonda killed my dream.

5. N says:

i’ve loved this show from the beginning. I always hoped for Nemily! I don’t want it to end!

6. wrstlgirl says:

I would like Jack and Emily/Amanda (whatever) to end this together if for no other reason than I think Jack deserves happiness. This whole “revenge” thing of Emily/Amanda cause this guy some serious heartache that he never deserved.

• Whatevah says:

The only reason I’m still watching is to see if Jack and Emily finally end up together. I’m not as invested in them as I was in MerDer, so I’ll be fine in whatever direction this goes.

• Genevieve says:

Jack deserves happiness, just not with Emily. I think she’s already put him through enough, would he really feel secure, especially with baby Carl? Idk. I think he needs to stay in LA with his mother when he realizes Emily’s life will never change.

• Sarah says:

I think the last scene should be her going to LA only to see Jack and Carl super happy; maybe Jack has met a lovely girl and so Emily decides to leave them be and not muck it up.

7. johnhelvete says:

A happy ending for Emily/Amanda seems fake to me, but hey its TV.

8. Dennis says:

Yes please!!!!!

9. joeyreifer says:

The last 2 seasons have been so hard to watch, & I hate that they haven’t touched on Emily’s mother. She hasn’t even been talked about since she left in season 2. & Am I the only one who loved Jenifer Jason Leigh in the role?

• Sabrina says:

I absolutely loved Jennifer as Emily’s mom and I adored her role in season two; to this day, I don’t know why the show got criticized so harshly for it. I guess the writers are trying to avoid bringing her back, because of the “slump” season two gave the show — but same. I wish she’d come back; she and Ems have so much they have to work out.

• Gern Blanston says:

I always got the feeling that they had bigger plans for he with The Initiative storyline and when that story died so did any chance of her being around.

• ChrisGa says:

I felt as though the show really got off track around the time they introduced Emily’s mother. And Jennifer Jason Leigh, who I usually like, came off to me as lethargic and not at all engaged in the role; she was a big miss for me. And while I will say that seasons 2 and 3 were, overall, letdowns I think this season is definitely the second strongest of the series behind it’s freshman year.

• lorna says:

She did not mesh well at all. Haaated the character almost as much as I hated Ashley. May the mother stay gone. And Jemily better get a happy ending. And a love scene.

10. Sabrina says:

Personally, I love Revenge, but if they give Jack and Emily a happy ending — I’ll be upset. Emily will forever be the femme fatale that stole my heart for four years in a row, but the show is called “Revenge” for a reason. It can’t end well — even Mason said that Emily can’t sacrifice revenge; it’s her essence, her life force, and the thing that drives her.

If the series is to end by this season — even though ABC hasn’t confirmed it — it can’t end well. This season has been greatly dark so far, and as much as I wish Ems could get a happily ever after, it would ruin the show for me.

• orpheuspie says:

” I’ll be upset. Emily will forever be the femme fatale that stole my heart for four years in a row, but the show is called “Revenge” for a reason” . . . . .SHE’S A REAL PRO WHEN SHE PLANS HER MOVES AND I LUV HER THAT WAY . ..I regret that this will end soon, . . .

• Maryann says:

Some of the fans will be unhappy no matter what. I am waiting to watch this season til I know whether Jack and Emily end up together. I would have been ok with the revenge ending if the show had stopped at the end of last season. Now I’m not going to waste my time on the pointless final season unless it leads to Emily and Jack being together.

11. Jennifer says:

“three episodes of Revenge left”

Do you know something that we don’t? I admit, I feel that the writing is on the wall with Victoria gone and all, but still …

Oh well … it was once a great show …

• Doug Henning says:

They have said last 3 shows… It’s bad ratings this season sealed its fate but it let the writers finish the show… How about moving Forever into its slot.. That show deserves more time… Especially with the movie out now that has a very similar plot.

12. Diane says:

Jack and Emily better get together. I want them and Nolan to be happy.

13. kkgator says:

I’d appreciate that ending. Amanda and Jack should be together.
    Now that Victoria is gone, it’s time for the show to end.
    Make this season the last.

14. Musicfan5 says:

I’ll be happy with any ending as long as Revenge does not return next year. It’s time to wrap it up.

15. Lisa says:

yes…jack and Amanda together…only way to end it!

16. Vanessa says:

No, she had better chemistry with everyone but him. I hope they don’t feel the need to stick them together.

• Jimmy says:

I agree. Amanda has done some terrible things. Should she really get a happy ending? I’d be interested to know what the show’s creator, Mike Kelley, had planned for the end.

• Julie says:

Was Mike Kelly still around when they killed Aiden off? I can’t remember. I know Barry has a new show but it. Hasn’t even premiered yet. I’m sure he could’ve stuck around, even on a limited basis. They were my favorite couple on this show. Jack had much better chemistry with fake Amanda.

• soundcinemas says:

I read a while ago that Mike’s Kelly plans for the revenge finale where Victoria vs Emily in a beach full of bodies.

• DG says:

I so agree with you. Even she stated that Aiden was the love of her life

• Julie says:

Agreed. In season one, I loved Emily and Daniel together. Then season 2 rolled around and she and Aiden were even better. They were it for me. I wish they never killed his character off. I hate the idea of Jack and Emily together. So cliche. Killing off Daniel too ensured that they were the only option – if they’re going to give Emily a happily ever after. Honestly, is rather see she and Nolan (NOT as a couple) hanging out on some island together.

• emily says:

yes they will “feel the need” bc the plan was always for them to end up together. that’s what mike kelley always said. and that’s what was clearly been implied since the pilot. have you been watching the show at all?

• Lucie says:

Emily, Conrad, Nolan and Daniel were very well cast, but the other characters not so much. This show must have been on a tight budget when it first started because the Declan, Charlotte, Victoria and Jack characters were/are awful. I just don’t see the love between Jack and Emily, no chemistry at all

17. Rozi says:

Jack and Emily need to be together!

18. jrex says:

How about a Romeo and Juliet ending? Little Carl can be adopted by Nolan.

19. Karen4527 says:

This started out a good show but Jeeze!

20. RichieS says:

Don’t really care about Jemily as long as Nolan gets back with Padma, his gf in S2.

21. No I love Revenge. It is very unique. Please don’t end it. All the characters are perfect. I DVD it every Sunday so I wont miss it and the same goes for Castle. Without a few of these shows all there would be is silly ones with grown men jumping on couches and other goofy stuff. Please keep these on.

22. jaca says:

I have enjoyed each week of Revenge. For me it just keeps getting better. A happy ending for me, would be Amanda and Jack finally admiting that they are mean’t to be together.

23. Absolutely a dream end and for Nolan he so deserves it the three do. Great series thank you.

24. anonymous says:

You know I really hate how everyone and their brother is saying that the show is done!! We don’t know that yet because there have been no announcements made about any of the shows so until the official announcement comes WILL EVERYONE PLEASE STOP SAYING THAT IT IS DONE!!!! Thanks p.s ppl also did the same exact thing at the end of beauty and the beast season 2 because the ratings were really bad and it’s on the CW but surprise surprise in the end it was renewed just goes to show you don’t know what execs are going to do until they do it.

• Susan says:

TOTALLY AGREE. I LOOOOVE this show and hope it stays.

• mediaanon says:

Beauty and the Beast is on the CW, and they renewed almost all their shows there.

This is clearly not the same situation. As for the show itself, the main revenge is pretty much over and the Graysons are all gone (the actress confirmed it). There’s no good reason to drag it on any longer especially since it’s already struggling enough as it is.

25. chrissy_ny says:

I miss Aidan!! Jack and Emily would be too boring.

26. Paulyn says:

Yes! to a Jack-Amanda reunion

27. G sisson says:

I would like for jack and Amanda to be together and happy in the ha,peons without the Grayson’s or Margaux or Louise interference. I would like Nolan to be a part of their happiness too.

28. Lopez says:

This is for Sunil, end with Amanda and Jack together. Along with Nolan and David next to them. Having Charlotte come and stand by all stand of them supporting Amanda. I know it sounds corny. But so what. She deserves it. Her life was hell growing up. She needs sweetness to softening her. The filming is done so I really do not think what we want matters to Abc.

29. Charlene says:

If Jack and Emily do not wind up together, ALIVE, then the best show on TV will have been a bitter disappointment and waste of my time. It’s what we’ve rooted for since episode one.

30. Nicole says:

I love Amanda (I think she is one of the most complex, awesome TV characters ever) and I love Revenge. Even before the show premiered I was super excited to watch it and I have been a faithful viewer since day one. That said, this show needs to end with Amanda either dead or in jail. That would stay faithful to the Confuscious quote from the 1st episode of the show. This show was never supposed to have a happy ending and to give it one will be a cop-out for the writers.

I would actually love for Amanda to go down for murdering Victoria even though she didn’t do it. I love the irony of her trying to get revenge on Victoria for inprisoning her as a child, only to be be imprisoned again by Victoria in the end. It raises the question to me of whether it was all really worth it in the first place.

Not all stories end happily and this one shouldn’t either.

31. Becky says:

Death to Emily. She doesn’t know when to quit. Series is now going nowhere.

32. amanda says:

really annoyed that there is no closure regarding:
    1)david and amanda clarke return and Amanda’s mother doesn’t even show up…
    2) Daniel dies and his sister is a no show, as well as patrick to comfort his mother
    3) Victoria kills herself caring less about her 2 kids that she left behind (charlotte and patrick)
    4) Amanda and david don’t bother about Charlotte
    I know its just a show, but really? just bad….

33. Tamara says:

I could see Emily dying to save Jack and maybe Nolan and Charlotte and anyone else who has sacrificed for her. I feel bad for Jack because he’s lost so many loved ones, and Charlotte. She’ll have lost her whole family if Amanda dies.

34. Aldith Foga says:

I would like to see Jack and Amanda finally together. Also, i would like to see Amanda’s half sister return as well as Ashley.

35. jfk flyguy says:

I have waited for 4 years for a half decent ending and I don’t like where it is heading. It would be nice if it clears and Emily, Jack and the baby go back to LAX, Nolan being so exotic moves
    to Cabo, close to LAX, Emily’s father shacks up with Jack’s Mom AND THAT IS THE ENDING !!!
    If this continues I know Victoria will rise from the ashes and start another chapter that will be
    worthless. Kill it now and put the show out of its misery, Thanks

36. Louis v baggett says:

Yes I do hope Amanda and jack together and I do hope show is not over with

37. Kay says:

I would love if Jack and Emily/Amanda end up together but I worry she may not get any sort of happy ending at the end of the series.

38. PJ says:

Revenge is based on the Count of Monte Cristo and that book had a happy ending.

Time to end the show, IMO. What I want to see is Emily, Jack, Carl, David and Nolan, sailing off into the sunset on the Amanda.

• Lopez says:

Exactly

• Kt says:

No! The show should not be ended yet. My mom and i are obsessed with this show. I feel like it can definitely be turned in another direction and if you are bored with the show, here’s an idea, don’t watch it! Plenty of other fans will proudly watch it until it meets it’s demise, but now is not that time. KEEP REVENGE ON!

39. I.would.like.Emily.and.jack.get.their.happy.ending.her.life.was.taken.Victoria
    Needs.to.stay.dead.her.kids.died.because.of
    Victoria

40. PhD TV says:

OK. This is based on the “Count of Monte Cristo,” so while Emily should have some difficulties to navigate before the series ends, she gets out of them and gets to her happy ending. (Or at least she’d better!!)

Personally, I’d like to see Jack and Nolan team up with David Clarke to bring about the exposure of Mason Treadwell, and his downfall – particularly in light of Mason’s role in harming David back in the day.

In the process, I’d like to see Margeaux learn the truth about her father and Conrad, and I’d like to see Louise committed to an asylum again, but only because she’s pretty much superfluous. If she and Ben were to hook up and then both of them go down together, that’d be cool.

I think Stevie Grayson may be a good person to step in when the dust settles to look after David, but I’m not sure that she wants to do anything except be a grandma, and she should get to do that. For once, I’d like to see the main characters be happy. There is enough tragedy in the real world; let’s have some good, escapist television entertainment that doesn’t try to be “art” for a change!!!

• Lucie says:

Does anyone remember that Conrad had children from a previous marriage? I love this show but the inconsistencies kind of bug me. I guess that’s what happens when the show’s creator leaves.

41. Geo says:

Have enjoyed the show over the years, but now it is getting old hat and very boring. Please end it any way you want to. Emily and Victoria best characters on the show., also without a doubt the best actresses in the series. Cannot stand Margaux, Ben, Nolan’s fake wife I can’t even remember her name. Absolutely do not want another season.

42. Yolande Noël says:

J’espère que Emily vas finir sa vie avec Jack, et qu’elle ne sera pas envoyer en prison pour le meurtre de Victoria…et qu’elle aura enfin une vie heureuse

43. Yolande Noël says:

I hope there will be a happy ending for Emily and Jack

44. vbarkley39 says:

If Emily and Jack don’t end up together, this entire series will have been a waste. But side from that, I’m concerned about Nolan’s happiness. I honestly don’t know what will make him happy, deep down inside. Maybe he needs cougar – older, motherly type.

• Lopez says:

I really do not even understand why writers brought Tony in at all. Waste of time that could have been used to further the final end. We all a happy ending. But it sounds to me that Sunil doesn’t really care what we want.he has ruined this show. The count of Monte Christo has happy ending. But Sunil does not care.

45. Chrissy says:

I seriously hope Jack and Ems/Amanda get back together before the season is up. They beeeelong together people! I need to see it happen!!!!!! Most of all…she needs to get out of prison/jail. She needs a happy ending. All the good ones do. (Nolan, Jack, Amanda,Carl, David Ben )

46. Sue says:

Em’s dad passes away for the “two graves” and she buries the past with him. She is cleared by the guy who delivered the chair to Victoria. She moves with Jack and starts a new life as Nolan does also as a new daddy with his recent friend.

47. Art says:

I think that Jack and Emily should sail off into the sunset on Jack’s long deferred sail away.

48. Carol says:

The romantic in me always wanted to see Emily and Jack end up together. Lost track the past year or so, but still want them to be together.

49. MMorningstar says:

Seeing Emily and Jack, hand-in-hand with Carl, walking away from the camera toward a beach, is the only logical ending. Let it end happily.

50. Marji Morningstar says:

Only one way to end this show…Emily and Jack, walking hand-in-hand with Carl, building a castle on the beach, happily together after all the pain/sorrow. And add David Clarke on the side, looking out and smiling at his family.

• sunny says:

YES! And Nolan walking up to join them with a new friend…..

• Sharon Stallings says:

Right on! Nolan (and friend) have to be there. He’s been such a huge part of her life and such a great friend. Like the one poster said, there’s too much ugliness in the real world. Please, let’s have this end as happily-ever-after as possible. Jack and Amanda at last!!
        With everyone they love around them.
        Thanks to everyone who brought this great series to us. I really, really enjoyed it.