Hawaii Five-0 First Look: [Spoiler] Returns for Season-Ending Wedding

HAwaii Five-0 Catherine ReturnsThere will be a very special RSVP for Hawaii Five-0‘s season-ending wedding — and TVLine has a first look at the surprise guest (and the warm welcome she receives).

The CBS drama will close Season 5 on Friday, May 8 with two episodes, beginning at 9/8c. It is in the second hour, titled “A Make Kaua” (“Until We Die”), that Michelle Borth returns as Catherine Rollins, who last was seen in the year-ago finale when she chose to stay in Afghanistan to help with a humanitarian issue.

Catherine’s return to Hawaii for Kono’s wedding to Adam comes as a (apparently quite pleasant!) surprise to Steve, who supported her decision to do good in Afghanistan, even if it meant detouring their romance. Plus, as usual, the Five-0 team can use her help with their latest case, which only involves, you know, a nuclear bomb.

Borth made her H50 debut during Season 1 and was promoted to series regular for Season .

Check out the first photo of Catherine’s return above, then share your reaction to her officially confirmed encore.

1. wrstlgirl says:

Very cool. Should be a great finale’.

2. star says:

Why? because she is back I would watch the episode, I have not watched the show since she left.
    Except Kono are there female’s on the show now? It seemed like the fans and the show writers hated all the female characters on the show besides kono.

• Kvivik says:

Oh they hate Kono too.If you watch the series episodes back to back from season one, you will find that they do not use her as much more than space filler and a mouthpiece for information. There are numerous episodes where Kamekona gets more screen time and dialogue than Kono.
      If there are female writers on this show, they should look at the scripts and scream.

• bj says:

And then they added the Jorge Garcia character and he often gets more screen time than her too.

• don't need a name thanks says:

I thought Grace Park was pulling a Scott Caan and working less to spend time with their respective families. The missing Danno and Mono really drags down the show. Plus the guy from list is killing the show.

• gracenotpark says:

Five-0 defintely has a woman problem. I was furious last year when they ditched Cath as soon as Kono returned, as if women are just interchangeable parts, and then added yet another oddball male regular for this year. Women make up half the world, PeterLenkov! I am so pleased Cath returns now, and so hoping she will stay. She did make McGarrett better…more 3dimensional…and she made him happier. I liked him like that. :)

• prish says:

I had understood Parks cut back, due to pregnancy, hence Cath coming and going. I’m still bummed they killed the wife character, so don’t get started on writers’ choices for women characters…

• carol says:

Yeah i agree with you steve was alot better when chathrine was there with him keep her on the show shes great

• carol says:

I know all the females that were on the show seemed to really not last chin’s wife was killed off pretty quickly chathrine off and on steve’s sister too now his mother is gone for awhile i guess except kono which is great on the show also i did like lorie she was good …..

3. Matt says:

Nice I missed her character

4. Katie says:

Thanks for the heads up. I know for sure I can skip this episode.

• Letti Nenette says:

It seemed everyone that dont like Cath on the show are the same women with negative comments all the time. Some female fans are so attached to the lead male on the show and will hate every female that will have a relationship with the guy. This is just a show. If you dont like the character on a particular episode turn your tv off. Quit with the bullying . Actresses are human too, they get hurt and they could get angry too.

5. star says:

She and Steve were so good together, such a shame when fan pandering spoils a good show.

• Letti Nenette says:

Glad Cath is back . Season 3 was the best so far because of Cath and Steve romance. It gave spice to the show. Please dont listen to fan bashing of Cath. It wasnt the opinion of all h5o viewers.

6. suzi says:

I’m very glad to see her and I hope she can return, even if on a semi-regular basis . I liked the character and her relationship with McGarrett and the addition of Grover proved there is room for the team to grow.

7. Phoebe says:

I dont miss her at all in fact I never liked her character when she joined the team and when she became regular. I hope she be back for the wedding and that is al and leave again

• Bella says:

Yup, me too!

• Linda Thornton says:

Same here especially when she lied to Steve about helping his mother and then leaving him to almost being killed so glad her ass stayed behind after hurting Steve he just need his brother Danny who was always there for him and always loyal to him not like Catherine

• debras57 says:

All Cat does is play with Steve’s emotions. She goes in and out of his life like a spinning door. Hope she stays gone too, and this is only for the wedding.

• bj says:

Yes, and since she left he’s had even LESS time with “his brother” Danny.! All her leaving did was have the writers bring in 2 more male actors to take up time with Steve because the ACTOR who plays Danny doesn’t want to be on screen so much.

This is a tv show. It’s nor RL and it won’t always match the image in fans’ heads. More Catherine meant more fun scenes with Steve and less communal feed fests with Kamekona and Jerry. I want her back.

• Rose Cristie says:

Your words are mine…i don’t like her too…

8. Ashley says:

Hopefully it’s just for this and then she’s gone again, should they get another season.

9. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEST NEWS EVER
    LOVE THE PICTURE <3____<3

• alavenia says:

I agree, I am so happy she is back!

• Charlene says:

I’m glad she’s back also. I’ve missed her. I thought she added alot to the show when she left the Military and became a member of 5-0. Maybe they can send Jerry back home now, wherever that is! I’m hoping she will be a regular again next season.

• Karen says:

I know they tried to add Jerry’s character to H50 for a bit of comic relief but it really wasn’t working. Maybe if you developed that character a little better but if I had to chose between Jerry and Catherine? Bring back back Michelle Borth !!
          Whatever conflicts the show and Michelle had, I hope they are solved and she is back!

• Letti Nenette says:

Very well said! I watched a couple of season five and it wasnt as entertaining as seaons 1-3 and part of season four. Since Cath left, the aura of the show change. I love to see Cath and Steve every now and then.

10. Mr. Tran K says:

Great to see Catherine Rollins back but I don’t know if she’s going to survive in the season finale two weeks from tonight and CBS better renew it for a Season 6 sooner rather than later.

• Phoebe says:

For you to know CBS will officially announce H50 fate as other shows network fate that until May 13th that is the date accounced for the official announcement.

• Mr. Tran K says:

I know because CBS has yet to announce the fate of its hour long drama roster before the upfronts on May 13th. They already renew its comedy roster expect The Odd Couple.

11. cyrano says:

I want her back forever. She made McGarrett better. They should never have let her go.

12. Elle says:

Ugh. Pointless. Her character is poorly written and pointless. I hope this isn’t an sign of a return to the spectacularly bad writing of S3&4. I just started watching again in S5.

13. TW says:

I’m more excited about Kono finally marrying Adam!

14. Leni says:

I am thrilled to see Michelle back on Hawaii five-0. She has been a great addition to the cast and it was an epic fail to write the character off. I am hoping she will return in some capacity in season 6. The chemistry Michelle has with Alex has never been matched and never will be. Welcome back Catherine Rollins.

15. YAY. The show was so boring this season. It used to be one of my favorites, but Cath leaving really impacted the dynamics I loved.

16. Devin says:

Hope she will be staying!

17. CocoPuffy says:

I am so happy Michelle Borth is returning. She is a fantastic actress, and Cath has been greatly missed. There has been a huge hole in the show since she left. Welcome back Cath! Welcome back Michelle

18. John NYC says:

I liked her, the show later on, notsomuch.

19. JC1 says:

YAY!!! So happy – I loved her and Steve together. If the show doesn’t get renewed, I hope they end it on a good note and not a cliffhanger.

20. burktm says:

AWESOME I hope Catherine stays home eith Steve.

21. The Book Geek says:

YAY!!!! Can she come back full time, please?

22. Betsy Craig says:

Loving the pic of Steve & Cath, he needs her in his life. Roll in S6,7,8 etc… ? Love H50, Steve & Danny rock!!

23. Awesome! I’d love to see her permanently return to the show if it’s renewed for next season. McGarrett was with her since the pilot, and that’s one thing I loved about H5-0. I didn’t have to watch Steve go from girl to girl. That gets so old.

24. tracy jackson says:

don’t like her , make her go away . I think they could picked a better love interest for steve/alex is a fine man and she has way to much of her front teeth hanging out her mouth

25. just me says:

hope it’s just to say goodbye. The girl almost got McG killed, she lied to him to protect him mother (still not over it). No idea why Kono should invite her at the wedding. since s6 is almost sure i hope they will not leave us hanging all summer: things get ugly fast in this fandom.

• Linda Thornton says:

I agree didn’t need her to come back and hurt Steve again maybe her ass will go back to the Navy and be ship out forever or maybe the military police will arrest her for being in a country she had no business being in

26. LiquidAloha says:

Why? We already say goodbye in 4.21 and 5.08. no mention of her so far, no build up for a romantic reunion. unless they are using the soulmate bs I can’t see this as a ship moment. Peter, what the hell are you doing?

• Phoebe says:

My point exactly. I dont even know why she is back. She is hardly mentioned this season and Steve supposedly to have move on. Mayeb they will treat as friends this time? Cause I dont think it be appropriate to act like a romantic couple, if Catherine told Steve she was fine in Afghanstican taking care of the children so he had move on.

27. Lucy says:

Yay,yessss.Glad she’s back Steve needs some one.And she has been it.!!! I hope if there’s a season 6 ,she will be there for him.It will give all you Catherine haters something to talk about.The haters have almost turned me against the show if it weren’t for Alex i woulda quit watching long time ago.

28. mike says:

For some reason i’m thinking either Cath or Adam takes a bullet at some point in the episode. AFAIK, its still coming back next year so either one would be a great (albeit predicable) “twist”

• Phoebe says:

As far as I know Peter Lenkov always had said that Cath was never going to killed off so I doubt she will take the bullet and I dont think Peter will kill off Adam either, a lot of tragedies in the H50 family if that will happen.

I just want Catherine to be only in taht episode and no more. And I dont think like some commenter said here that because of the lack of Catherine this season had been bad. One character does not make a whole season good or bad.

The show is not a romantic soap opera.

29. Angel says:

Great! I’m glad Cath is back and I hope she’s around for series 6 if the show continues. I was really annoyed when they wrote her character out and added Grover to the 5 0 Team (who by the way sticks out like a sore thumb) and gave more screen time to Jerry too. Cath was good for Steve and I enjoyed watching them on screen together. Hope they give Steve and Catherine a happy ending they both deserve it. Can’t wait to watch her return and Steve be all happy again!

30. Gabbys Mom says:

Not thrilled to have her back. She contributed nothing vital to s/l. The female characters have been downplayed to try to keep the series much like the original. I agree Jerry was not needed; paranoid hackers are everywhere. Keep true to original but updated.

31. Phoebe says:

It is odd that viewers say how thrilled they are that Catherine is back but then they dont like Grover on the team. For me it is better Grover than having Catherine back So they enjoy Catherine but not Grover and for me Grover has added more to the show that Catherine

32. KenL says:

Why she was off the show, I have no idea. She was underused, and could have played a much bigger part. I hope she comes back often, if it returns next year.

33. Edith Steger says:

Apparently he can hug everyone except Danny. I’m hoping since he didn’t marry her in four seasons that she’s not a big threat in a couple eps. Hopefully she’s gone for season 6 if there is one.

34. Audrey says:

she should stay in Afghanistan

35. Paula Collins says:

LOVE LOVE the show can’t wait to see it keep up the good work everyone is really good great crew I live for this show Love The Collins Family of Frisco Texas

36. Eric Fitch says:

I am glad Michelle Borth/Catherine is back. I hope H50 gets renewed and she returns as a regular next season.

37. disappointed says:

Well, I’ll be skipping that episode…can’t stand her.

38. Joey Padron says:

Happy Catherine will be back in season finale.

39. jayne says:

Great was not the same without her

40. Kristina says:

I hope she sticks around. I wasn’t crazy about her at first but she really grew on me and I was sorry to see her go.

41. Joan says:

Oh god, why bring back such an awful character? The “relationship” between her and Steve was laughable at best. All it ever consisted of was trading favors for sex. He refused to even refer to her as his girlfriend. Yeah, just what I would want in a relationship. Useless character and very poorly written and acted.

42. lindae5o says:

I’m glad Catherine is back, for this episode. It will make Steve happy. Love the photo also. Alex/ Steve looks wonderful from every angle!!

43. Betty Crocker's Apron says:

Borth isn’t one of the better actors on the show. Now that McBride is on as a regular, he can help elevate the quality of the ensemble. Caan pretty much carries the show, his character is the most complex and multifaceted and he does a great job with what he’s given. I just realized John McGarrett was played by the guy who was the mobster in the Jesse Stone movies. Great actor.

• lindae5o says:

@Betty Crocker’s Apron: Traits that make a character ‘complex and multi-faceted’ are subjective. Steve has been through just as much as Danny, and has shown he’s made of steel. It’s interesting that you think Scott Caan ‘carries’ the show. For someone who has been absent so much this season, it’s a pretty light load !!!

44. Nan says:

I’m so happy she’s back! Thank you for getting her back!

I’ve gone through a few of the comments and I am so happy I’m going to give my view..
    To all those who say they’re not going to watch the episode, go right ahead, not going to make any difference. Just remember you’ll be missing shirtless and suited up McG. Also, you speak as if Cath is there in the entire episode. She’ll probably be in small parts.

To all those who say she’s a useless character. Please re watch the show from S1. She might have traded favors, but helped the team solve the case. Without her help, Kono would still be in trouble. (Yeah, please watch how she single handedly finds where Kono and Adam are). Remember she put her career in jeopardy by helping out Steve. Because that’s what people do. For friends. For lovers. Isn’t that why Steve went to Afghanistan with her?
    Besides, he said the golden three words to her and we’ve heard from Steve himself that when you say “I love you” to someone, you can’t take it back. Doesn’t that show the extent of his feelings?!

I was one of the people who was quite excited to see her promoted to a regular and was thoroughly disappointed in s4. She was so much underutilized and the writers simply failed to capitalize on her character, and I hope they don’t make the same mistake in this finale.

To people who are strong mcDanno shippers, show isn’t going that way, because both Steve and Danny are hot, healthy heterosexual males. I like mcDanno too, but not in a romantic way, its more like them being brothers.

I’ve loved all the characters in the show (except Jenna Kaye) and my only hope and wish is that the writers stick to the characters. (Because Steve cutting off a tree in Hawaii isn’t him).

And Lastly, I love Steve and Cath together. She brought out a side we’ve never seen of Steve’s. Steve’s allure was that he was a one woman man throughout the first four seasons (this was when she was in the navy) and I’m glad it’s continued. Because, there’s just something so sexy about a man who is like that and not a womenizer. When Cath left just shortly after the exchange of those words, I was so dejected, because you don’t build things up and pull it apart like that. I couldn’t accept them moving on post that, because that isn’t them and why would you break up after saying I love you? Ugh. (If it would’ve been a proper breakup, perhaps I could’ve accepted it)

Anyway, I’m glad she’s back and I wish they end up together. <3

45. Susan says:

I love Catherine.. She is a great partner for Steve.. I hope they get back together, and she remains a permanent fixture. I’ve missed her.

46. Ray says:

Bring her back full time

47. I’m so happy that she is back.

48. Lynn G says:

I’m very happy to have her back for an episode and hope she’ll be back if the show is renewed. They lost me as a regular viewer after her departure. Chi McBride has been a great addition to the show, but I hope Jorge Garcia isn’t back. Episodes with him are so lame.

49. art hernandez says:

I have been watching this series since day one. I have always believed that behind a strong man is a stronger woman. Steve is the Alfa male making Michelle a perfect fit. Not only is she beautiful but a fine artist that compliments him well.

50. piebokou says: