Exclusive

The Fosters Recasts Stephen Collins With X-Men Star Bruce Davison

The Fosters Recasts Stephen Collins

Lena’s dad on The Fosters will be looking a little different in Season 3.

The ABC Family drama has cast Bruce Davison (the X-Men films, Last Resort) as Stewart Adams, a role previously played by 7th Heaven alum Stephen Collins, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Davison will first appear in the fourth episode of the upcoming season, premiering Monday, June 8 at 8/7c.

Collins’ first and only guest spot on The Fosters was the Season 1 summer finale “I Do,” which aired in 2013.

The recast comes after Collins’ child molestation scandal surfaced last year. In its wake, Collins’ return to Scandal was cut, and UP TV dropped repeats of 7th Heaven from its schedule.

1. Lizo says:

Good choice.

• Lizo says:

I mean, he’s always evil so it’ll be interesting to see him play good…but glad they recast

• S McMary says:

To be fair, he isn’t always evil although I’ve enjoyed his performances of “evil” characters for decades😉 However, I think my absolute favorite of his roles was David in Longtime Companion. His performance in that movie especially the last scene with him trying to reassure and comfort his AIDS stricken lover was unforgettable. Not to take anything away from Joe Pesci, but I really would have loved to have seen him win the Oscar that year. I’ve been wanting to check this show out; maybe this will be the incentive I need.

2. John says:

I wonder what Stephen Collins is doing now.

3. Steven says:

I don’t remember the character of Bruce. Who was he again?

4. ToyCannon says:

Great choice. Next up, they need to recast the role of Jesus since Jake T. Austin won’t be returning. I suggest they try to get Luca Oriel, who played Debbie’s boyfriend Derek on Shameless this past season.

5. jerrired says:

I was wondering if they were just going to never show Lena’s dad again. Good casting choice.

6. matraupach says:

And I thought they would kill him off too, but that is even better ;)

7. pam craney says:

This is ridiculous for a guy who did nothing, to be treated like this… The other actors should be standing behind him as refuse to assume his part. Here’s 2 more shows I won’t be watching. Oh and that includes Ted2….

• Andy Swift says:

Stephen Collins didn’t do “nothing.” He admitted, on tape, to child molestation.

• Summer says:

How’s life in your underground apocalypse bunker, darling?

• matraupach says:

If someone admits being a child molester, then he deserves this treatment, sorry…

And the producers from The Fosters would be stupid to keep Collins after this…

and hey the role is really minor.

If you drop a show after an actor, who had ONE total appearance is being recast, whatever the reason, then sorry, you are welcome to do so ;)

The real fans won’t miss you ;)

And I am pretty sure the outrage would have been greater if they didn’t had recast Collins!

• pam craney says:

Nowhere is it ever stated that he sexually touched anyone. What he did may have been stupid and regrettable but it lacked any intent to sexually interfere with or harm anyone. The past 40 is proof that he isn’t some terrible person, victimizing children he works with.

• mrssie1223 says:

In his own words, in the interview he did regarding his molestation activities, he admitted to having placed a child’s hand on his crotch. That is touching, my dear. Get your facts straight.

• J says:

He did do it, he admitted to it, and while yes it was 30 something years ago, and most likely won’t re-offend at this point. They can’t have that knowledge and bring him onset where there are a lot of children around, you have to play it safe. Even if it doesn’t seem fair. He did it, he admitted it to it, and there are consequences to his actions. This is just one of them.