Fuller House: Olsen Twins 'Shocked,' Caught Off Guard By Full House Revival

Don’t have a cow… Despite reports to the contrary, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen haven’t ruled out an appearance on Netflix’s Fuller House.

The Artists Formerly Known as Michelle Tanner reportedly found out about the Full House revival on April 21, a day after their former co-star John Stamos spilled the beans on Jimmy Kimmel Live.

“I guess we’re going to talk to the creators and see what’s happening,” Mary-Kate told our sister site Women’s Wear Daily. “I’m shocked I haven’t heard from John [Stamos].”

The Olsens aren’t the only Full House alumni with questions. During an appearance on Tuesday’s Access Hollywood Livethe Olsens’ sitcom aunt Lori Loughlin said she and some other original cast members had not been part of early discussions about the series.

“They made deals with half the cast, but not with the other half,” she said. “I don’t have a deal, Dave [Coulier] doesn’t have a deal, Bob [Saget]… We’re all in negotiations. I think we would all like to come back, if the powers that be are fair to all of us.”

PHOTOS Full House Favorites: How Might Steve, Comet and More Fit Into Fuller House?

Scott Weinger (who played DJ’s boyfriend Steve) tweeted Tuesday about a possible return as well, assuring fans that his character may turn up in Fuller House.

Candace Cameron Bure, Jodie Sweetin and Andrea Barber are the only original stars attached as Fuller House series regulars at this time, with Stamos signed on as a producer and occasional guest star.

Full House fans: Would you visit a Fuller House without Michelle, Danny, Joey, Becky or Steve? Sound off in the comments section!

1. Cort says:

Would be cool to see everyone pop up again. Esp Steve. Enjoyed his character

2. alistaircrane says:

The Olsen twins are the only reason I’d watch Fuller House. Michelle was my fave.

3. Deion says:

Were they living under a rock? Sites have been reporting this since the beginning of this month.

• David4 says:

Do you think they go online and look into TV news?

Plus rumors and truth are nothing alike. You would think someone would have asked them before the announcement.

• Joey says:

Do you think they don’t have people working for them who didn’t know this was a thing more than likely months before entertainment news did?

• zac says:

They havent been acting in years. They may have assistants but that’s for their million dollar empire or something

4. brandy says:

DON’T LET ME DOWN, OLSEN TWINS. I sat through Two of a Kind AND So Little Time for you!

5. Ian says:

They havent acted in so long, it would be so strange to see them playing Michelle now. What are they even like as real life adults????

6. Makes sense to start with a core cast and then pour the guest stars in, specially since it’s only 13 episodes. The goal is to have a show that lasts for several seasons. If you have old actors/characters in most of the first season it becomes cheesy.

7. Jenny says:

Would Mary-Kate and Ashley split the role? They don’t look exactly the same anymore.

• I think it could be rather hilarious if they *DID* split the role, and then had the other characters play into the fact that ‘Michelle’ looks completely different in different scenes. LOL

8. Mr. Tran K says:

As Michelle Tanner would say: HOW RUDE.

9. Corny Comedy reprises always work out wonderfully.. Just ask The Brady Bunch.

• Iakovos says:

LOL. Well, the Bradys certainly tried. The variety hour, the BRIDES, the reunion movies, that Bradysomething effort. I will admit. I watched them all! D’oh!

10. Nice to see everything kind-of coming together. This could be good.

11. Scott says:

I’m not suprised they weren’t contacted since they can’t seem to ever show up when the show has a reunion

12. webly3 says:

I love how no one has ruled out their return to the show. I really hope the Olsen twins make an appearance.

13. Lizzie says:

Not buying it for one second. This is their way of saying no, without looking like the bad guys.

14. Maybe they left them out because it’d be really awkward seeing as how they only played one character, they wouldn’t actually need both of them.

• JeffDJ says:

Or maybe if their character was just going to appear in, say, two episodes, Ashley could play her in one episode and Mary-Kate in the other. Or maybe just one of the twins would be more inclined to take the acting gig if it comes down to it.

15. matty says:

I hope that they bring back Vicky, Danny’s former fiancee. Maybe at some point they reconnected! And it would be cool to see Doris Roberts back too as Danny’s mom.

16. Stacey says:

Given they haven’t ever gone to a Full House reunion type evening or weddings, not surprised they wouldn’t be contacted. And even if they had, I am sure they would say No. Even though the show would only need one of them. Neither seems to act anymore. So I would be very surprised if they actually showed up on the show.

17. Oh bless the twins. Perhaps if they read more they wouldn’t have been so ‘shocked’.

18. Dani says:

They don’t even look the same anymore. At best, only one of them will have to appear. Maybe they could get their younger sister do it instead considering she is the one with the busy acting career.

19. MattySi says:

My only issue is that DJ is a widow and if Steve returns that means she didn’t marry him.

20. Melora says:

At least Candace Cameron is not like her brother Kirk. And will this new show tackle issues that are relevant for today?

• Lizo says:

KIRK CAMERON IS HER BROTHER?!!? How did I not know this???…..lol I wish I still didn’t know it because now I feel gross :P

21. Drew says:

One of them can play Michelle. The other can play the lookalike cousin.
    It is now pretty obvious that they’re not identical twins, so they can’t split one role like they did before.
    Still waiting on Nicky and Alex…

22. Beatrice says:

The rest of the cast never liked the twins anyway. The twins were never at reunions, weddings, etc.

Lori Loughlin is always ultra-annoying on TV, so just say that Becky died, and be done with her.

23. Jaclyn says:

So excited!! Hope everyone returns!!!!!!

24. summer hayes says:

Yes I would love to see them all back to gather awwwwww go fuller…….

25. Fuller house guy says:

They look different from each other. Only one twin should get the deal the older looking one sorry maybe season 5?

26. Lizo says:

Well that’s really odd. You’d think the producers would at least reach out to the full cast before going ahead.
    I just love Mary-Kate and Ashley.

27. Honestly, if the Olsen Twins made like one appearance (or none at all), I wouldn’t miss them. I didn’t care for Michelle, she was an annoying brat. But their appearance would make total sense, since they were obviously a huge part of the show.
    However as for the rest of the cast, we have to see them! Danny, Joey, uncle Jesse, Aunt Becky, Nicky and Alex, and even Steve! Like I stated before, Steve needs to be with DJ. He is her destiny. That’s it. Final answer.

28. Dee~Kay~Tee says:

Not knowing and pretending not to know because your pissed that no one reached out to you yet are two different things.

29. pie says:

Mary-Kate, and Heath were casually dating for three months before Heath’s drug overdose.

Since Ledger had Mary-Kate on speed dial, the masseuse – Wolozin, called Mary-Kate first whereby Mary called private security instead of police when Heath was dying or already dead.

30. Christie says:

I grew up watching this show and still never get tired of the reruns as my 7 yr old daughter watches them……The new show just wouldn’t be the same or as good without all the original cast members.

31. Melinda says:

If it’s supposed to be a current version of Full House then it needs ALL cast to be involved. You can’t have a Full House if only half the people are home. 😆

32. jessa says:

Would be nice to c everypme kinda rude npt to ask the other main characters to b on the show!!!

33. Pan, ktory finalnie wynajal to mieszkanie, na
    poczatku nam nie dowierzal, myslal ze to mieszkanie z katalogu!!!

34. beverly says:

full house without all the cast including the twins

35. Just strikes me as sad, though the show might be able to succeed in theory (as it does have a strong fan following): I honestly do not understand why the Olsen twins have become somewhat estranged from the rest of the Full House cast family. By the way, both of the Olsen twins should be in roles on the new show, that would seem to be right morally (as, with the exception of the first season, in which Mary-Kate was primarily used on the show, as per a reliable on-line source, the role of Michelle Tanner was equally shared by the two).

36. Kayla says:

I think it would be weird to see Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen split a role in a TV show when they haven’t even played the same part since the early 90s’. But at the same time the show Fuller House wouldn’t be the same without Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen playing Michelle Tanner. I for one can’t wait to see the show

37. tools12 says:

i m happy to see that maybe the twins will be in the new fuller house.