TVLine Items: Gilmore Girls Reunion Expands, True Detective Art and More

Gilmore Girls Matt Czuchry

Austin, Texas, is starting to look a lot like Stars Hollow, Conn.

Four additional Gilmore Girls cast members — including Matt Czuchry — have been added to the show’s reunion panel at this year’s ATX Television Festival, EW.com reports.

Czuchry, who portrayed Rory Gilmore’s wealthy beau, Logan Huntzberger, will be joined by Danny Strong (Doyle), Todd Lowe (Zack) and Jackson Douglas (Jackson) at the panel, which will take place on the festival’s closing night.

The panel will also include — deep breath! — Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel, Kelly Bishop, Jared Padalecki, Scott Patterson, Keiko Agena, Liza Weil, Liz Torres, Sean Gunn, Yanic Truesdale, John Cabrera and series creator Amy Sherman-Palladino.

The ATX Festival runs June 4-7.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* True Detective has released an animated poster for its upcoming second season, bowing June 21 — and it’s just as ominous as you would expect. Check out the art below:

* Katie Holmes and producer Mike Daniels (Sons of Anarchy) have teamed to develop an untitled action drama at Cinemax, Deadline reports. The project centers on a victims’ rights advocate who, after being attacked by a stalker, must revisit her criminal past to seek justice.

* Disney XD has renewed its animated series Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero for a second season, per The Hollywood Reporter.

* Griffin Dunne (House of Lies, Red Band Society) will recur in Season 2 of Manhattan, playing Woodrow Lorentzen, a self-destructive newspaper reporter who gets inside the gates at Los Alamos and finds a chance to turn his life around.

1. Riana says:

Still no Milo I see

2. Mr. Tran K says:

No Milo Ventimilglia for the Gilmore Girls reunion? BUMMED. We haven’t seen much of him lately and I don’t know what’s next for the actor whose best known for his work on HEROES.

3. souf says:

I don’t understand why everyone is so anxious to have Milo V back for the panel, I get that Jess is a beloved character, but a) he has not been seen on TV/film in a long time and b) he has not been very favourable to the show anyways, so I am fine with him not being there.

• Candace says:

Not seen on TV/film? He just did an arc on Gotham and, looking at his IMDB page, he’s been working steadily since GG.

• Whatevah says:

He was in Heroes so…and now Gotham. I wanted Rory w/ him. And actually there was a rumor that he was who she was going to end up w./ if Amy had stayed with the show.

4. smschira says:

I’m more curious to see if they get Sebastian Bach to make an appearance. You can’t have a Hep Alien reunion without Gil! Also on the Milo discussion, did anybody else see him in Rumer Willis’ cheering section of DWTS this week? I was wondering if I needed my eyes checked. Is there a specific reason for him being there other than them being friends?

5. Heathers says:

I watch the reruns of Gilmore Girls up until Rory starts dating Logan, and Dean is gone. The sho went down the crapper then.

6. Kat says:

MATT!!!!! Thank goodness!

7. Dan says:

WHAT ABOUT SUKI AKA MELISA MCARTNEY?! :(

8. Patricia says:

What is the matter with Melissa McCarthy not in this reunion ??? Is she too hollywood for it or they simply didn’t ask her? The only one really missing!!!!

• Sasha says:

That’s what I’d like to know as well. She’s probably busy shooting a movie or something….much to busy for a silly old panel (sarcasm).

I mean i still love her but come on.

• Anna says:

It’s kind of like Chris Pratt with the Everwood panel a few years ago. Like, dude- that’s the show that at least gave you some sort of name recognition before Parks and Rec.

• Josh says:

Well it’s probably two to three days off of filming. And those are two to three days she then needs to make up and fit into her schedule, taking away from an actual day she can spend on her own or with her family. So yeah, there are a lot of logistics too it.

Hopefully she can work it out…I’d love for her to be there.

• Gaia says:

I love how everyone immediately assumes that people think they’re too good for a panel just because they don’t attend.

9. will there be a live stream of the GG panel from ATX?

10. Mike says:

Hopefully this is recorded somehow so that those of us not able to see such a wonderful reunion can watch it.

11. ChrisGa says:

Gilmore Girls is in my Top 10 favorite shows of all time but I have to say every time I saw Milo’s name in the opening credits I groaned; hated and still hate that character. Glad to see Matt on the panel now but Melissa really needs to step it up already.

• DW says:

Jess really wasn’t my favorite character either but he was well-played as the so-called “bad boy” that someone would naturally outgrow as she matured. Wouldn’t it be great if MM could make it?