Ratings: Fresh Off the Boat Steady as ABC Bubble Comedy Ends Season 1

Fresh Off the Boat Finale Ratings

ABC’s Fresh Off the Boat wrapped its maiden voyage with 5 million total viewers and a 1.5 rating, ticking up 6 percent in audience while steady in the demo week-to-week.

The freshman comedy debuted in February to a 2.4 rating, quickly settled in around the 1.7-1.8 range, and in recent weeks has hovered around 1.4, 1.5.

Leading out of that, Repeat After Me (3.6 mil/1.1) was up 16 percent and a tenth, Agents of SHIELD (4.3 mil/1.5) ticked up in audience but dipped in the demo, and Forever (4.1 mil/1.0) rose a tenth.

Elsewhere….

NBC | The Voice (11 mil/2.5) and One Big Happy (3.9 mil/1.1) were flat, Undateable (4.9 mil/1.3) slipped two tenths and Chicago Fire (6.8 mil/1.6) dropped 20 percent from its last outing yet matched its most recent numbers sans a Voice lead-in.

THE CW | The Flash (3.7 mil/1.2) slipped two tenths to tie its season low; iZombie (2.2 mil/0.7) rose 16 percent in audience while down a tenth in the demo.

FOX | Hell’s Kitchen (3.4 mil/1.1) slipped two tenths. Weird Loners (1.3 mil/0.5) dipped to another low.

CBS | An NCIS rerun (10.1 mil/1.0) was the night’s most watched scripted program. Leading out of an NCIS: NO repeat, special CSI: Cyber (8.4 mil/1.2) fell well shy of POI‘s latest numbers.

1. Mr. Tran K says:

Hope Fresh Off the Boat gets renewed soon but if it doesn’t, it will sink like a boat. LOL

2. Gerald says:

I have high hopes that all my Tuesday shows will get renewed. Marvel’s Agent of Shield and Forever are still on the bubble. iZombie seems to be doing well.
    Flash last night was awesome. Really moving this story along.

• SJ says:

Agents of Shield and Forever aren’t on the bubble. AoS is definitely coming back and Forever is just straight up dead.

3. Sara says:

I hope the flash adjust up and that iZombie doesn’t lose viewers with the adjustments.

4. N says:

Forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Boiler says:

It continues to amaze me how number people watching network TV continue to drop. I do notice bigger increases in DVR numbers. I know viewers aren’t the number people key on but when a rerun has at minimum 50% more viewers something off. Also, I don’t watch the CW shows but Cubs were on the CW channel in Chicago. Would guess viewers over stated

6. erika says:

Is FOTB dead?1.5 sounds low and it will canceled.RIP FOTB

• Chris says:

Probably not dead better than last mans standing and cristella, also only about .4 off from the middle, could see them moving it to 8 on Wednesday and giving the middle a final Friday season

7. Lynn says:

Maybe the reason the Flash and IZombie are down in demo is because they didn’t air in Chicago until almost 11:00 and 12:00 at night. How exactly did IZombie go up in viewers when it didn’t air here until around midnight. I could see if this was a small market but your missing the third largest market in the country so how are these ratings accurate at all? This happens regularly with CW shows. Unlike the rest if the country WGN isn’t a cable station here, it’s a free station and airs the CW shows. It also airs the Bulls and some White Sox, Cubs, and Blackhawks games so the CW shows often air late night or on an entirely different night yet every time I see the ratings they’re about the same or go up. So absolutely no one in the third largest market watches any CW show? It also happened with Greys Anatomy a few weeks ago. Because of news coverage of storms it didn’t air until after midnight Friday night yet somehow the next day it said it went up in viewers and the demo. How can this be and how can ratings even come out the next morning when shows haven’t even aired in such a large market yet. During the Originals Monday it said next weeks episode won’t air here until the following Sunday but I bet somehow the ratings for it will be out the next morning. Something is wrong with this rating system.

8. B says:

I understand reporting the overnight numbers, but it seems like networks have finally clued in to including DVR numbers; why aren’t those regularly reported? A little more work for you guys, but come on. We’re not getting the complete picture here.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Not gonna happen, sincere apologies. My mission in reporting ratings has always been to denote which shows were “Most Popular!” on any given night, where people’s TV-watching priorities lie. “Following up” with a post two weeks later, on how things “netted out” on “Hey, remember Thursday from earlier in the month?”… the science just isn’t there yet. Even with nanotech.

Plus, you will find that (typically) the rich just get richer, the “standings” don’t really fluctuate to a meaningful degree. #1 is just #1-ier.

I refer you to the numbersholics over at the awesome TVByTheNumbers, where they sometimes “follow up” with Live+X DVR numbers.

9. Jules says:

I really enjoy FOB. I hope it’s re-newed. I think it would a great pairing with “Black-ish” but there’s no room on Wed in that comedy block. Fingers crossed we get a season 2 either way.

10. rowan77 says:

I really like the show and Constance Wu is really great. I know Eddie Huang is pissed that the show has lost all of the edginess of his book – but when did he expect? It’s ABC (owned by Disney). All of their sitcoms are as family friendly. If he wanted sitcoms with an edge he should have gone with Fox or even NBC – but I don’t think they wanted the show. Now he can parlay this success into pitching another show more his style.

11. debrasimons says:

My daughter and I made Tuesday nights the night to watch Fresh off the Boat….. we LOVE it………….