Teen Wolf Season 5 Premiere Date Set; Tyler Posey Teases 'Scary' New Threat

Teen Wolf Season 5

It’s official: We’re just two months, eight days and five hours away from the premiere of Teen Wolf‘s fifth season — but who’s counting?

Season 5 will kick off with a two-night premiere on Monday, June 29 and Tuesday, June 30 at 10/9c, MTV announced Tuesday during its upfront presentation in New York. New episodes will then air regularly on Mondays.

As with previous seasons of Teen Wolf, very little is known about the drama’s upcoming crop of episodes this early in the game. All we can really expect, based solely on the first promo, is that Scott and his pack will face a harrowing new threat known as “the Doctors.”

“They’re very scary,” Tyler Posey (pictured below at the event) tells TVLine of the new Big Bads. “When I first read this season, I was so excited about these villains — more excited than I have been about any villains before. They’ve got powers we’ve never seen before, they’re tall as hell and they’re awesome.”

Tyler Posey says hi! #TeenWolf #MTVUpfront

A post shared by TVLine (@tvline) on

We also know this about Season 5, courtesy of executive producer Jeff Davis: “It’s very much about our teenagers becoming adults and heading into their senior year. But as always, we bring in some new mysteries and new monsters. I think this season is very much about the line between science and supernatural.”

Give the above promo another spin, then drop a comment with your hopes for Teen Wolf Season 5 below.

1. Mike says:

can’t wait

2. 'A' Has Been Revived says:

So I wonder how they will do this. Will they do all 20 episodes around the first half of their school year since the story is going to be the same? Then if they get renewed for a season 6 (most likely) do maybe 12 or another 20 episode season for the second half? I honestly think they should do the former. 6 seasons is definitely enough for this show. Unless, they continue with the younger characters/cast they’ve been bringing in lately.

3. Lucious says:

I hope this season is better than last. The quality has steadily been dropping (as have he cast members) since season 3.

• I honestly think season 3, both A and B, was the best season yet of Teen Wolf. Season 4 was pretty weak though.

• DL says:

I actually didn’t go for 3A at all. But 3B, man… Not only was it the best season of Teen Wolf, but for me it really took the show from guilty pleasure to just straight up great television.
        I think the show is at its best when the writers pick a core mythology for the season and focus solely on that. It’s when the show goes all kitchen sink that things tend to fall apart. Last season had way too much going on–multiple groups of hunters, Kate the were-panther, grandma banshee and the funky mystery room, the convoluted kill list, and so on. I could barely keep track of it all, and after a time it seemed like the writers couldn’t either. What resolution there was for most of those plot threads really didn’t make much sense.

• Jessie says:

I think this season will be good, maybe not as good as 3a and b, but good enough since they had more time (6months+) to write and produce season 5 compared to the little break they had between season 3b and 4.

4. Sara says:

Hope is better than season 4😊

5. Melissa ross says:

All of you here have posted comments about how awful season 4 and one or both parts of season 3a and 3b were but the funny thing is that first none of you never considered ditching the show altogether and second as bad as you thought it was here you are wasting your time talking about it!! I think that instead of bashing the show maybe you should consider how much you like it and how upset you’d be if it was canceled!! Maybe then you’ll learn to keep your comments to yourselves!!

6. LaDonna says:

I’m so very excited about this upcoming season 5 of “Teen Wolf”. Been watching it from the beginning and excited to see yhe new monsters and to watch the teens and their decisions as adults change.

7. Christy says:

Love Teen Wolf! Would be sad to see it go and………have been anxiously awaiting the new season!!!!!