Fuller House Officially Snags 13-Episode Order at Netflix — Get Details on the Cast and (Widow?!) Storyline

Fuller House Netflix

It’s official: The Tanners are back!

Confirming TVLine’s scoop dated April 2, Netflix has placed a 13-episode order for Fuller House, a multi-cam continuation of the ABC smash Full House.

Candace Cameron-Bure, Jodie Sweetin and Andrea Barber are set to star, reprising their roles as D.J. Tanner-Fuller, Stephanie Tanner and Kimmy Gibbler, while John Stamos will serve as a producer and guest-star as Uncle Jesse.

In the continuation, due to debut in 2016, veterinarian D.J. is pregnant and recently widowed, living in San Francisco. Her younger sister, aspiring musician Stephanie, and lifelong best friend/fellow single mom Kimmy, along with Kimmy’s feisty teenage daughter Ramona, all move in to help take care of D.J.’s two boys — rebellious 12-year-old J.D. and neurotic 7-year-old Max — and her soon-to-arrive baby.

Discussions with Full House alumni Bob Saget, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, Dave Coulier and Lori Loughlin regarding guest appearances in Fuller House are ongoing.

Watch Stamos share the news on Monday night’s Jimmy Kimmel Live, then tell us: What’s your latest thinking on Fuller House and its premise?

1. fringe30 says:

Soon to arrive baby? So Steve just died or she is with someone else?

2. i don’t think bill gates much less netflix has or is willing to put out the money to get the olsen’s even remotely interested. because the way they’ve talked in the past there’s no way they are gonna do it for the fans or for love of the cast/show

3. M says:

I can’t believe they killed off Aladdin

• dman6015 says:

Who says they killed off Steve? Here married name appears to be Tanner-Fuller. His last name wasn’t Fuller.

• dman6015 says:

*Her*

• toby sprickle says:

According to our sources, Steve Hale petitioned the State of California in 2001 to change his last name from Hale to Fuller. This was due to the fact that his father, Nathan Hale, was found to be the leader of a criminal cult called the HaleStorms that supported mass vivisection. Upon the name change he married DJ, only to tragically die in 2015 when his vehicle was involved in a chain-reaction collision which also took the life of Jax Teller of the SAMCRO Redwood Chapter.

4. Lucious says:

They killed Steve? Are you kidding me?

• Madison Julian says:

She didn’t marry Steve. His last name was Hale, not Fuller. Therefore, she married someone else. However, I wouldn’t be surprised if he appeared once more as D.J’s love interest and they possibly got married or dated.

5. Karen94 says:

Nooo. Don’t kill Steve (YEAH… They ended up together & had babies)

6. erika says:

And another a new sitcom with three kids.Why mostly sitcoms are family of three kids,not two?Is this a new norm? :-(
    And BTW I think the third kid is another boy,right?

• jj says:

they are going for a similar set up to the original but flipping the sexes. Three sons instead of three daughters. Widowed mother instead of widowed father. A mother, aunt, and female friend instead of a father, uncle, and male friend.

7. rowan77 says:

If the quality is going to be the same as Netflix’s Richie Rich, I’ll just pass, thanks. Netflix dramas are top notch. Their children’s/family programming is horrid. Whoever their head of children’s/family development and production is, they should be let go as soon as possible. It’s ruining the brand.

• Kyle says:

Agreed, that Richie Rich show is god awful and cringe-worthy.

• A says:

I highly doubt that kids are going to be the target demographic for ‘Fuller House’. I have a feeling that the target demographic is going to be the millennials who are nostalgic for the original series. In this case, I don’t think Netflix would mess it up.

8. Mary says:

My guess is Steve and DJ broke up during the college years, and that is where DJ met her late husband. This opens the door to a DJ and Steve reunion if the series gets off the ground. And that is more than enough thought that I want to put into this show.

9. Bonesfan47 says:

so since Steve’s last name is Hale is there anyway they could bring back Scott Weinger back that DJ and Steve can end up together cause I would totally love that!!!! also love that they are doing this

10. Lizo says:

Sounds great!!! Gotta get the rest of the cast too! Come on Olsen sisters! MK&A were literally fixtures of my childhood – I had the books, the toys, their direct to VHS movies, I was even part of their official fan club. It all started with Michelle – it would be a major let down if they didn’t come back for us, the girls whose lives were shaped by them….and their detective shenanigans.

• Ron says:

at this point they only need one of them to sign on dont need two to do the role anymore.

• A Fan of TV says:

I would even appreciate them showing up once, for a meta gag where Michelle found her doppelganger in college or something, and they made a career out of looking like twins, so now they’re rich and living the good life in Europe.

11. Brandon says:

Steve better be on this, too! And what about Nicky and Alex?

12. It says her name is DJ Tanner-Fuller. Steve’s last name was Hale, so I’m guessing he’s not her recently deceased husband. I agree with the other commenter who suggested DJ & Steve broke up in college, she married someone else & Steve will pop back into her life. I would totally be into watching a DJ&Steve reunion as adults on this show. Hope that’s the plan!

That said, a pregnant widow with 2 teenage boys is…A LOT. No amount of smelly feet from Kimmy Gibbler is going to make that less depressing.

13. matty says:

Steve and DJ broke up towards the end of the series.

14. Oh my god, they killed Steve! You BASTARDS! I’m not watching!

15. Lysh says:

This doesn’t really sound good. But I’ll probably still watch it for the nostalgia. I can’t see the twins coming back tbh, but their sister looks just like them.

16. A Fan of TV says:

I want to watch this right now. So exciting!

17. Sarah says:

they better not have killed steve

18. Bartimeus says:

Wow. I am actually quite sad that Netflix is spending the money on this. Aside from their kid shows I can enjoy everything they’ve made or released as an original on some level but my interest in this is sitting at a flat zero.

Perhaps they’ll make it up by announcing a new sci-fi/horror series.

• Magdalena says:

Well obviously Netflix should scrap the project immediately because it is of no interest to YOU. They must have forgotten to check with The Master of the Universe before deciding to go ahead with this project.

19. TobiasF says:

It’s kinda weird that her life ends up pretty much just like her dad’s. Isn’t just a little heavy handed?

• t.w.123 says:

I kind of agree. I was hoping that they would make her a divorcée, just for the sake of variety. (That said. I’m in still in for this project. 100%. Bring on “Fuller House”!)

• Dee says:

I agree with you too, except that Candace Cameron-Bure is a very devout Christian in real life. I don’t think she would’ve agreed to play a divorcee given her own traditionalist views. Maybe they should’ve just had the husband abandon her? Just completely walk away and leave behind his family. It’s not unheard of.

20. jefener says:

Not sure how I feel about this. I loved Full House when I was younger until it became more about Michelle Tanner than anyone else. I’ve seen Candace Cameron-Bure in some other things and she’s not that great of an actress, even for a TV movie or TV show. Hopefully they’ll still have the same chemistry and it’ll help make the show tolerable.

21. Master_K says:

I think the internet broke while everyone searched Steve from Full House on Google to make sure his last name wasn’t Fuller!

22. lisa says:

Stephine is a musician? This explains why Uncle Jessie is back. Maybe he has his own record company or is a music producer helping stephine. And kimmie is a mom? Wow. Other than that this sounds very intresting. Will be cool seeing for women look after two little boys, even with one little boy starting puberty lol. Let the madness begin.

23. Et al says:

#NoOlsenNoHouse

24. smschira says:

Technically if you think about the way the last episode of the original series ended, it wasn’t positively clear that D.J. and Steve were officially “back together,” he just took her to her prom. I’m choosing to believe that because of the unexpected cancelation of the original series and the way D.J. and Steve were sort of thrown back together to create a happy ending, the writers wanted to do it properly this time around. They both moved on after prom and never truly got back together, but now that she’s widowed, they will have a second chance in this series.

25. Greetings from Florida! I’m bored at work so I decided to check
    out your website on my iphone during lunch break. I really like the information you present here and can’t wait to take a look when I get home.
    I’m shocked at how quick your blog loaded on my cell phone ..

I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyhow, amazing site!

26. Joe says:

at least they don’t have to pay two actors for one character.

27. Jay says:

Wow, I would never want to marry a Tanner – it’s pretty much a death sentence!

28. Lesley says:

Positivity differs from optimism in that thinking positive in the
    face of all situations can be used as a tool to effectively manage the health of our
    emotions. This form of alternate therapy involves the art and science of
    adjusting misaligned joints of the body, especially of the spine, which in turn reduces spinal nerve stress and therefore promotes health throughout the body.
    A detox programme may also incorporate complementary therapies such as massage
    homeopathy aromatherapy or even colonic irrigation.

29. Bill vill says:

Hopefully Dave Coulier can get the time off from Burger King

30. leigh says:

Yay! My kids will be so happy 😊

31. Sarah says:

Ehhh.. Totally agree with the person who said it should be divorced over widowed..

32. chattykat11 says:

I’m a bit excited and a bit nervous at the same time, but at least I have something to look forward to next year. I’m curious on how it will all turn out.

33. Becca says:

So, literally the exact same story with different people. lol.

34. Riana says:

If Dave coulier appears how many Alanis morisette jokes will there be?

35. Ann says:

This is awesome! I can’t wait!! I really hope it’s not Steve who died. I’m hoping she married someone she met in college…but is good friends with Steve and they get together in the end. That would be the perfect ending.

36. Ethan says:

I really couldn’t be less interested. The original show was fine for its time but it was schlock and time doesn’t treat it kindly. It feels very very desperate.

37. Lin Frank says:

who needs a man when you’ve got that many women?

38. Jenny says:

Michelle recasting suggestions if one of the Olsen twins can’t do it:
    Amanda Bynes
    Lindsay Lohan
    Haylie Duff
    Elizabeth Olsen (j/k)

39. Mehvash says:

it’s unfortunate that Netflix original programming wasn’t around so that quality shows like Firefly or Veronica Mars could have seen additional season. I loved full house growing up, but if they stick to the same type of comedy they had back in the 90’s i don’t see how this will last more than 13 episodes. That being said Netflix has made some good decisions with their programming so I’ll probably watch at least the first episode for nostalgia’s sake.

40. Liz says:

This is ridiculous.

41. Babybop says:

Sounds exactly like the original storyline except with women… Not that I’m complaining.

42. Rafael says:

If they do a Full House reunion, then they should do a Hang Time reunion also.

43. Asia says:

What kind of terrible luck is it that D.J ends up losing a spouse like her father did? Seriously, couldn’t they have split up or something and she’s pregnant too (that’s heavy)? Oh well at least it’s not Steve they killed off so he could always show up up somewhere down the line.

• A.B. says:

If we really think about the original, the mom was killed by a drunk driver, I believe, not that long after Michelle was born. Also heavy.

44. Tom says:

Hoping this might finally end people referring to Coulier’s character as “Uncle Joey” since no one in the show ever called him that.

45. Scott Oakman says:

Since it’s being done by Netflix, I want them to call it “Full House of Cards” and have Stamos turning toward the camera to give us side comments about his fellow characters.

46. Karma says:

Sounds to me like an exact copy of the original idea where Danny’s wife just died and his brother in law who is an aspiring musician moves in along with his best friend Joey

• vdofan says:

Stephanie’s thing was dancing. They must be writing her as a musician now to give John Stamos a reason to be apart of the show again.

47. vdofan says:

I’m hoping that it’s revealed that Joey is the father of Kimmy Gibbler’s daughter, Ramona. lol

48. Ahna says:

It took “years” to come up with the exact same story line? LAME!