Eye Candy Cancelled at MTV

Eye Candy Cancelled

It’s one and done for Eye Candy.

MTV has cancelled the freshman thriller after one season, a rep for the cable net confirms to TVLine. The culprit? Low ratings.

Leading lady Victoria Justice broke the news on Twitter late Saturday. “I wanted you guys to hear it from me first, that the cast and I received news that Eye Candy will not be returning for Season 2,” she wrote. “Even though a lot of you are going to feel sad/angry, please know that playing Lindy Sampson, is something that I loved and I will hold dear to my heart.”

TVLine’s Cable Renewal Scorecard has been updated with the news.

1. Jane says:

It wasn’t the greatest show, but another season would have been nice.

2. Mary Kate says:

Kinda saw this coming but dang. I enjoyed this show!

3. Lani says:

I actually liked this show, Ugh MTV, you really don’t have many shows and you cancel this. It would be nice if a network like ABC Family or another cable network picks this up..

4. Aidan says:

I guess it just wasn’t Victorious

5. Mom says:

terrible acting and terrible ratings, no surprise, get ready for teem mom 20, and teen wolf season 10

6. FatherOctavian says:

Does this mean Christian Taylor’s returning to the “Teen Wolf” writing staff? He was responsible for a couple of my favorite non-Jeff Davis episodes.

7. Lucious says:

I was disapointed in this show. It had so much potential. Victoria is a great actress though so I hope she moves on to something much better.

• Patrick says:

She seems to want to be the lead star in a project. She needs to find an ensemble and work her way up. That girl from the Charlie show on Disney, who is now a supporting actor on Undateable, is a great, great example. Victoria Justice is a beautiful young actress who is pretty talented. She doesn’t have great vocal talent like Grande, so music may not be an option. Acting is her best bet, but there aren’t a lot of projects in the offing looking for lead actresses in their early 20s. She needs to literally be the eye candy in some show, be it drama or comedy, where she doesn’t have to carry all the water. Cause she can’t do that right now.

• Stiles is life💯 says:

Yesss I agree

8. Makayla says:

Why would the producers of Mtv cancel Eye candy? Is it the same thing like with what happened to witches of east end where it was with high ratings but the producers didn’t know because people watched the show as a recording because everybody I know watched eye candy!?!?!

• Taylor says:

I completely agree with you and I was so mad when I found out that try cancelled witches of east end that was a dame good season finale I wanted to know what was going to happen

• Mike R. says:

Recorded viewings really don’t count in the long run unfortunately, and are rarely taken into consideration when deciding to renew a show or not.

• James says:

Ratings were too low, especially for an hour-long MTV drama that’s expected to do at the very least better in Teen Wolf S1 levels which were low to begin with but not as extremely down as Eye Candy was getting.

And as mentioned by someone else, time-shifted viewing doesn’t count, especially if people you know aren’t even Nielsen subscribers. It’s Live+7 ratings would probably rise a bit but I don’t think that alone would justify MTV into keeping it especially if not enough people are watching it live.

• Sunny says:

My cable company cut MTV from their line up so I was watching Eye Candy on Hulu plus and Hulu doesn’t get the show until like 28 days later. It really sux because i really did like this show! This is almost as bad as Lifetime cancelling Witches of East End…

• Dysturbed says:

Watching recordings means a better chance of skipping the commercials that help pay for the shows to exist, and therefore, like others said, usually doesn’t help much.

• Hanna says:

yeah I agree with u too , I loved this show and I was watching it on YouTube and some other online websites, also the ratting is good :\
      Why the did this 😭

9. Taylor says:

Nooooo my life is over

10. Mr. Tran K says:

I’m really shocked about this. Eye Candy didn’t deserve to get cancelled. Hope Victoria Justice will find another TV gig sometime in the near future or possibly focusing on her music career (maybe she’ll give her former Victorious co-star Ariana Grande a run for her money) or persuade a movie career otherwise known in the entertainment world as a “triple threat”.

• John036 says:

sorry, but no way Victoria could give Ariana a run for her money in terms of singing. Ariana is miles better.

Ariana can stick to singing; Victoria can stick to acting, in my opinion.

• Alison says:

I so agree with you

• Alison says:

I mean Victoria can’t reach the high notes Ariana can reach, Ari is better than Victoria at singing. And Victoria should stick with acting.

• Kelly says:

I agree that she cannot hit as high as Arianna, but half of the time Ariana slurs words together and I can hardly understand her songs, whereas with Victoria, her voice is strong and she annunciates her words. I hope Victoria goes on to do great projects but I will definitely miss this show, I don’t really watch mtv because there are so many reality shows, so this being cancelled really sucks.

• Josie says:

fyi the have different types voices its called being unique. They both have great voices but i agree, Arianna should stick to singing because she is an awful actress! Victoria is a win win, singing and acting, plus she is so much prettier and has such a great personality! Arianna is just a wanna be who can make up her mind whether she wants to be like beyonce or nicki minaj. Here’s an idea, BE ORIGINAL!

11. Justin Burnell says:

Reblogged this on THB Files and commented:
    I used to like that show. It really doesn’t deserve to get canceled. MTV should have renew it instead of canceling it. Victoria Justice was the reason that I watch Eye Candy. I’m so bummed.

12. Lauren.m says:

I’m sad about this. It wasn’t high art or anything but I enjoyed it. Now we’ll never see Tommy and Lindy together, or find out what happened to Lindy’s sister. :(

13. Challenge w tym, że jest tam zapis wprowadzeniu podatku „ad
    valorem” (od wartości), który potocznie jest zwany podatkiem katastralnym.

14. Dude says:

Only watched the pilot but it was truly the worst pilot I’ve ever seen.

15. Neben dem ästhetischen Aspekt, müssen Sie die bequeme Möbel Produkt als
    Ihre Präferenz bei der Wahl Ihrer Inneneinrichtung zu berücksichtigen.

16. anto33 says:

Hardly a surprise,but still a shame.

17. Kyle says:

It was awful, and had crappy ratings.

18. Laura says:

BUT I NEED MORE TOMMY AND LINDY YOU DONT UNDERSTAND, LIKE WHY THE FLIP DID HER SISTER FAKE HER KIDNAPPING? I NEED SO MUCH MORE

19. mollytanner says:

I didn’t think Casey Deidrick was that great on Days of our Lives. Was he good here?

20. tjsilver says:

i couldn’t get past 2 episodes. It was dull as hell.

21. Why don’t TV Networks pay attention to the buzz on Social Media? Everyone I spoke to about ‘Eye Candy’ loved it and it was a fresh kind of drama. Definitely was worth a second series and it was refreshing to have a “victim” being so proactive and kick-ass as opposed to relying on everyone else to get her out of trouble. Let’s hope some other network can see the potential and pick it up for a second season.

22. Celeste says:

Not surprised, the acting was terrible (except for Kiersey Clemons).

23. Sara says:

Mtv you just made the biggest mistake of your life!! Why would you do this?!? I think eye candy should’ve started on abc or cw or any other channel!! This isin’t fair!!

• Pamela says:

Hopefully another channel will pick up the series and show MTV that the show can be a hit….. More than it already is

24. Jess says:

This was one MTV’s better shows. I am not a fan of reality shows. Oh well at least I can still enjoy Teen Wolf. I think they made a big mistake canceling this show. Ll

25. greysfan says:

Seriously MTV? Not happy!!!

26. lady says:

It’s a shame it got cancelled. Hope another station might take it on. The story lines were left hanging and viewers were left wondering what happened.

27. Maryann says:

Is there a big cliffhanger at the end? I am behind and need to decide whether to finish the season.

28. alex says:

t’s probaly to late for victoria to get a series regular role on a broadcast network by now but she should consider audtioning for some of abcfamily pilots she sounds like a good fit for there hearts and clubs pilot ” follows entertainers as they fall in and out of love in the ultimate city of Sin. In the vein of Love Actually,” or even there MORTAL INSTRUMENTS pilot everythijg seems to be developing good with that the shower runner sounds really dedicated to it . it could be a strong pilot for her to sign on to that could go on to be a huge hit, which she needs

29. Xarellah says:

It’s sad that you guys cancelled the show. Your always canceling Good shows I wish you could give one more season please

30. Sarena Able says:

This sucks I love that show . I hope they can make something else like it . With Victoria justice in it . I really liked it everytime I get into a show they never bring it back .

31. Erika says:

Noooooooo! You can’t cancel Eye Candy! I loved that show!!!!! So sad! 😢

32. KateG says:

WTF??? I LOVED Eye Candy. The story line was very compelling and it kept you guessing the entire time. The finale was also perfectly left open for the second season. this is why I don’t watch MTV. They finally get a show worth watching, then cancel it. Total BS!

33. KateG says:

I think all Eye Candy lovers should petition for it to be brought back. It’s not fair for them to cancel a good show and leave us with a million questions that will never be answered.

34. pokewarrior21 says:

Well this is disappointing.
    I really truly hope another channel picks this up. It was a great show and I honestly don’t think 7.5 or 8.5 is a low rating. (But I may be wrong. Very wrong.)
    But the least MTV could do is pull a Red Band Society. They could just have a few episodes to finish it off completely. That would be nice.

35. Jared says:

Love Victoria Justice but couldn’t really get into Eye Candy.

36. Harry Wild says:

Looks like a cool show! I would watch it for a couple of episode since it looks like a Silk Stocking’s copy cat show! A lot of “eye candy” type viewing!

37. crystal says:

This is very disappointing I loved this show and watched it religiously since the first episode was so looking forward to seeing what was going to happen next because she still didn’t find her sister argh now I’m having worst day ever ;)

38. Fran says:

I’m actually bummed about this. It wasn’t the best show but I really enjoyed it. Too bad.

39. Myra Egipciaco says:

I loved Eye Candy. I was such a great show. They should put on a different network. I’m sure the show will do alot better Then MTV.

40. Louisa says:

What the sh*t MTV? The show had so much potential and so many unexplored storylines. Not happy at all.

41. Aintha says:

Noooo :(

42. Gerald says:

I really enjoyed this one. And the characters. I guess that frees up Victoria to do body swap with Nina Dobrev’s Elena on Vampire Diaries and it frees up Ryan Cooper to take over the reigns (and whips and chains) from Jamie Dornan in the 50 Shades movie sequels (he is a ringer for Jamie)

43. Pamela says:

i really enjoyed the show. I am still obsessed with the show, I was really looking forward to the next season, I needed to know if Tommy and Lindy would ever date…..I also wanted to see when Lindy finds her sister Sarah, I am very devastated that the show won’t have a 2nd season..😒😒 can we at least know what would have happend in the 2nd season of Eye Candy?

44. Cj Wilcox says:

One of the BEST new shows of this season. Intriguing plot line. So, the fans are left up in the thin air again as to an ending. MTV could of left us with her “riding off in the sunset,”, at least. But who are we? Oh yes,consumers of their advertising!!!

45. georgia says:

I really enjoyed the show i would of been happy with a second season though to tie up all the lose ends some poor acting but good story line kept me entertained throughout! And shouldn’t they take into account that not everyone has mtv to watch it that way im sure if they counted all the other ways it was watched it would be high

46. tracy Poston says:

please do not cancel eye candy it was one of the best shows I have watched in years it had me on the edge of my seat every show. please consider about bringing it back for a second season

47. eyecandyfan says:

I love that show me and my mom watch it all the time I even watch the same one over and over

48. Alana Naraine says:

OMG WHAT NOOOOOO I LOVE THIS TV SHOW LIKE WTH PLEASE DONT CANCEL!!!

49. sandra says:

that’s to bad, we enjoyed this show.

50. Taylor says:

WHAT. It was the only show I went out of my way to watch. Really upset.