TVLine Items: AMC Fave to Mistresses, Girls Meet The Simpsons and More

Chrishell Stause Mistresses

All My Children alum Chrishell Stause is now heading to a primetime soap — ABC’s Mistresses.

After Stause tweeted about her gig on Thursday, TVLine confirmed that she will guest-star in the fifth episode of Season 3 as a woman April encounters when she gives “hot yoga” a try.

As previously reported, Justin Hartley, who dates Stause in real life, will reprise his Mistresses role of Scott for a pair of episodes this season.

In addition to her runs on AMC and more recently Days of Our Lives, Stause’s credits include a guest spot on ABC’s Body of Proof and the web series Youthful Daze and Luke 11:17.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* Lena Dunham’s Girls co-stars — Allison Williams, Zosia Mamet and Jemima Kirke — will all join the actress in lending their voices to The Simpsons‘ Season 27 premiere, EW.com reports.

* Justified alum David Meunier has joined the cast of Damien, Lifetime’s upcoming follow-up to the 1976 horror flick The Omen, per The Hollywood Reporter. In the series — which follows the adult life of Damien Thorn aka the Antichrist — Meunier will play pessimistic Detective Shay, who investigates the strange occurrences involving Damien.

* Before its series premiere has even bowed, National Geographic has ordered a second season of StarTalk, its new late-night talk show hosted by Neil deGrasse Tyson, Variety reports.

* Two newly colorized episodes of I Love Lucy — “L.A. at Last!” and “Lucy and Superman” — will air in a one-hour CBS special on Sunday, May 17.

1. Mr. Tran K says:

I was really sad about Chrishell Stause leaving Days of Our Lives but I enjoy her character Jordan Ridgeway since Day One.

2. wrstlgirl says:

Hope she gets a better story than what Days of Our Lives gave her. That was painful to watch :-)

• Phil says:

She was painful to watch. Granted, Jordan was never particularly well-written, but once they ditched the glasses and ponytail Jordan was always whining and cowering, which for a “strong” character, I found irritating. Mostly because she couldn’t pull it off and always sounded the same. Her abrupt departure was weird because she had story still to play, so I wouldn’t mind a recast. With a backbone.

Hey TVLINE – any chance you guys can do some sort of update on what’s happening at Days of our Lives? I know they operate five months out and I have no interest in spoilers, but so many rumors of characters leaving – Melanie!, Sonny – and returning and producers leaving – I’d love to get a snapshot of what’s actually happening on my show. Really hope Melanie leaving is just a rumor. She’s my favorite.

• lululime says:

According to the cast’s tweets, the writing situation seems much improved and we will get a lot of fan favorites returning while some present characters will be leaving. I hope it’s not just hype. They need to build some excitement for the anniversary in the fall and I think it’s slowly happening.

• wrstlgirl says:

Unfortunately I think the returning favs like Bo and Steve are only coming in for the anni. At least that’s what I’m hearing.

• wrstlgirl says:

Melanie left the building I believe in December. She’ll be off screen sometime in May. I really hope the recast Sonny.

3. Martoukian says:

It seems kind of dumb to identify her in the headline with a cancelled show she was on several years ago rather than the still-running show she was on until a few weeks ago.

4. Marci says:

Colorized episodes of “I Love Lucy”? No thank you. Classic black and white movies and TV shows shouldn’t be tampered with.

5. SonOfCoul says:

I don’t watch Soap Operas or anything so I don’t know her, but god damn, Justin Hartley is a lucky man. She’s beautiful.

6. Will says:

AMC fave?? Definitely could not stand her idiotic character on there. Or perhaps it was her acting, who’s to say!

Also, if the GIRLS are going to be on The Simpsons I hope that it’s to make fun of them…