Vampire Diaries Photos: Elena's Final Scenes With Damon & Stefan Revealed

Vampire Diaries Elena Last Scenes

It’s an emotional week on the set of The Vampire Diaries as Nina Dobrev acts opposite her co-stars for the final time as a series regular. Fortunately, as promised, she’s taking fans along on every step of her agonizing journey.

“There’s more to come before we wrap this up, and I promise you’ll get to hear all about my experiences over the next month as we approach the season finale,” Dobrev said in the announcement of her departure, posted to Instagram last week. “I want to share this goodbye with all of you.”

From her final scene with Paul Wesley to an emotional shoot with Ian Somerhalder to her last moments with Candice Accola and Kat Graham, neither Dobrev nor her Instagram account are missing a second.

Executive producer Caroline Dries recently told TVLine that Elena’s ending will be “hopeful” and “satisfying,” among other adjectives, and these photos certainly back that up.

Browse our gallery of Dobrev’s final days as Elena below, then drop a comment: How do you want Elena’s story to end?

1. nate says:

Sniff. Good luck in your future Nina!

2. Cheryl says:

Laying it on thick there Dobrev.

3. Ian says:

Yeah, Im not buying it. She’s chosen to leave. Either she could have stuck it out one more season to end the series, or they should have ended it this year if they always knew Nina had only wanted to do 6 years.
    They can stop acting like this is some grand hardship.

• Hmm. says:

But it IS hard…? Imagine living, breathing and being with the same people day in and day out for 6 years of your life and then knowing that this was going to be the last time you were going to see them consistently… that’s hard, regardless of her reasons for leaving. Think about when you left for college how hard it was leaving your friends and family behind. It’s okay for her to be emotional about it. Let her express those emotions as she sees fit.

4. Kristen says:

Will miss her so much on TVD. She was amazing from the very beginning whether as Katherine, Elena, etc. Won’t be the same without her but wish her all the best.

5. Mal says:

this is the end of an era :(

6. Steph says:

I believe there is more than the media, press and fans know about Ninas departure from the show. Her departure was so unexpected and sudden especially beacuse it was announced that she will leave the series at the end of this season and it was announced just like when the show was soon to wrap up the season, I mean too soon. Something tells me there is more to the story than her wanted to leave the show after 6 seasons. If they knew that for along time why all the secrecy then and make fans believe she will going to stick around for a while. THey should have ended the series this season with all the main cast still on board, or at least she should had waited for Season 7 to leave, if Season 7 was going to be the show final season.

But her unexpected and sudden departure tells me she is leaving for other reasons that of course the media or the press do not know or are aware of it

• Carla Krae says:

It’s only sudden for the fans.

• 'A' Has Been Revived says:

They’ve known she was leaving for quite some time. She’s always planned for it to be a six year thing. I think I remember her saying it a while back but not many really caught it until just a few weeks ago. The CW and the executives at TVD knew when they renewed the show in January. She didn’t just SHOCK them, they renewed it knowing she was leaving. They could have just ended it here but decided to keep pushing on. Julie must have sold them on a “spectacular” way to keep the series alive for a while.

7. Fernanda says:

Katie Holmes and Joshua Jackson acted as professionals when their characters hooked up even when in real life they weren’t a couple anymore. Dan and Serena from Gossip Girl (I don’t remember their real names and I don’t care) were in the same situation and fixed their issues on camera. But Nina didn’t move on as Ian and their scenes together maybe were so painful to act. These are my impressions about Nina Dobrev leaving TVD. The next season should be the last one. No Twilight, No True Blood, and finally no more TVD.. but wait, we still have The Originals, a bad ass show with no boring relationships ala Edward and Bella thing.

• Letti says:

I don’t know about Katie and Joshua, but Blake and Penn (Serena and Dan) were really good even afterwards. Though they might have ended up together, they weren’t that much of a focus as Delena is. Also both Serena and Dan interacted pretty much with other characters, while Damon and Elena spend most of their screentime with each other. And Ian engaged Nikki, that’s a major point. But whether that was a reason or not, Nina was a part of TVD since she was 19. She gave them six long years. She has every right to leave and move on.

8. Hmm. says:

Where did she say that was her last scene with Ian? She still has two more days of shooting and something tells me those scenes may involve Ian in some capacity…

9. Michele says:

This show really ended for me after Season 3. I miss Elena and Stefan…that’s a love and angst I believed and felt. I’m glad for her. Bigger and better. I won’t watch after this season.

10. Sara says:

Not one pick with Ian (other than them filming). I’m sorry but that’s a big tell.

11. Amanda says:

All her final set photos have her styled with pre-vampire-Elena hair……hmmm?

12. Bob says:

Was she the topic of Ausiello’s blind item, and that’s why she’d leaving?

13. Holly Van Vorst says:

I am up in the air about what will finally happen.I wish she wasn’t Elena s last moments with Damon and Stephen are heartbreaking already.With her and Stephen being friends and Damon and her,so in love.They belong together.Even as Ian and Nina.Elena you’re a wonderful Actress and noone will ever take you’re place in Vampire Diaries and Damon you are Amazing and best!

14. Darien says:

I think Damon should do the right thing, give Elena the cure, compel her to have a normal and happy life with a human being. Bonnie leaves to be with Jeremy. And Caroline takes klaus’ offer and travels the world with him, or New Orleans, and becomes a major character in the originals

15. Diana Crawford says:

Real reason Nina left is Ian is now a married man to some one else …That is the real reason..I just really hoped they could have worked thing out …But in Jollywood things never last

16. Frankie says:

I want Elena and Stefan together,they belong with each other!They will never stop loving each other because they belong with each other!

17. this seriously sucks… idk how well i’ll like the show after this! we’ll see next season i guess