The Voice Top 12 Results Recap: Crazy Ex(it) Girlfriend

If you have access to iTunes (or the ability to Google some variation on the phrase “The Voice iTunes rankings”), then you probably had a good idea of which contestants might be at risk going into tonight’s Top 12 results telecast.

Still, Mark Burnett & Co. managed not to undermine all the suspense for a change this week. Yep, they unexpectedly sent to safety at the start of the hour the three vocalists (Kimberly, Sawyer and Meghan) who cracked the Top 5 of the streaming service’s Top 100 Singles Chart. Whataya know? Old dogs are all, “Look at me, balancing these plates on my nose!”

Too bad “America” (I DON’T EVEN KNOW WHO THESE PEOPLE ARE ANYMORE!), didn’t also learn some lessons between Seasons 7 and 8, as well. I mean, I know there’s only one country contestant left in Season 8, but dude was as off the mark on Monday night as a teacup poodle bounding onto the line of scrimmage during an NFL playoff game.

And yet Corey Kent White lives to fight another day, while one of Pharrell Williams’ trio of intriguing teenagers has been hurled into the Dumpster labelled “Too Interesting for the Mainstream.” Yeah, we knew that kid wasn’t gonna win it all, but not even making the Top 6 or 8???!!! I’m dialing 9-1-1 and reporting a crime against artistry, decency and everything we love about the great American songbook.

Harumph!

Before I light my torch and grab my brickbat, let’s cut to the results…

Sent to Safety (in Chronological Order)
TEAM XTINA: Kimberly Nichole
TEAM PHARRELL: Sawyer Fredericks
TEAM BLAKE: Meghan Linsey
TEAM ADAM: Joshua Davis
TEAM XTINA: India Carney
TEAM BLAKE: Hannah Kirby
TEAM PHARRELL: Koryn Hawthorne
TEAM XTINA: Rob Taylor
TEAM BLAKE: Corey Kent White

Bottom 3/”Save Me” Performances
TEAM PHARRELL: Mia Z — “Stormy Monday” — Grade: A (what a sublime, gritty vocal from such a wee one!)
TEAM ADAM: Brian Johnson — “Amazed” — Grade: K… for karaoke
TEAM ADAM: Deanna Johnson — “Make It Rain” — Grade: B- (some of those notes at the end were rougher than a New Jersey highway after a harsh winter)

The clearly lopsided showdown sent me into a fit of Twitter madness:

Twitter Saved
Deanna

Eliminated
Mia
Brian

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

[Insert weeping emoji here.]

OK, your turn. What did you think of Top 12 results? Did America get it right with the Bottom 3? Was the right artist saved? If not, what would you have done differently? Sound off in the comments!

1. analythinker says:

Observation/Fact:
    – Country votes = phone votes > iTunes
    – If people don’t start voting via phones, Blake WILL win again
    – Mia not enunciating clearly (again) is what cost her the spot
    – Either that or blues is dead
    – People get distracted by Deanna’s legs?
    – I voted for Brian

• Runner says:

LOL. I thought Brian was great – I secretly wanted him to go through… Oh, well – that was a close vote. Um… so how are coming up with the conclusion that country folk don’t have the interwebs. Is that a joke? :)

• analythinker says:

I did not say that, simply that they probably care more to vote via phone or other methods.

• Runner says:

Interesting theory. It would be interesting to see how the demographic data breaks down – I thought you might have some. That’s all I really meant :) Cheers.

• JT says:

Mia lost because EVERY performance sounded the same. When you don’t sing actual words, just dolphin whistles, dog growls and owl hoots, they all sound the same to HUMAN ears…

• Greta says:

Mia’s misstep was choosing a song that 99% of America has never heard before as her Twitter Save performance. I mean, the Blues is a dead genre to begin with but an obscure song made matters even worse. The Voice is not really the avenue for this talented girl.

• Clay Cassin says:

@Greta- The blues are a “dead genre”? Man, don’t tell that to the thousands of blues artists actively plying their trade down in the Mississippi delta!

• WayneAdneyC says:

Now hold on Greta. I’ll be turning 31 in 2 days and I have heard of the song. So don’t assume that younger folk are not “old-fashioned” or are “under-educated”. These songs may not be a part of “modern pop culture” but they are still part of pop culture history and plain American history alike. Just one song from that era of musical song invention is easily and probably so the reason we have artists like Pharrell, Beyonce and Adele…I don’t agree anymore with the middle choice due to her latest album of blatant Madonna-ism in some of the album’s lyrics and I’m obviously referring to the entertainer Madonna and her sex-romp, commercial-flop album Erotica. The best song that came out of that album was Rain or should I say the cleanest of ’em, lol.

J is for double J and one J is for K and K is for Karaoke as for the other J, she stands for an attempt to appeal to “modern young folk” and including the country hicks from way back in the sticks because I have seen a number of them from my backwoods listening to Kanye, Beyonce, Katy, Bruno, rock & alt-pop so that is why she went on and yes, I agree Mia was more of the same and pronunciation was a bit fuzzy…but her vocals nonetheless were spot on and she deserved another chance with pharrell to view new sceneries with maybe a modern twist on an old classic or a new hip song with a neo-classic twist. Mia Z ultimately has the potential since being voted off to be something…even if it is just “singing the blues” and in her own signature “dolphin cry” interpretation. Deanna can sing and not do karaoke or barbershop singing like Brian but I dare say she is only a step up from his talent and she sounds better suited for the time being with a girl group not these cheesy one’s out now that are too young for their short shorts skirts and skimpy fem muscle tops but something on the level of Wilson-Phillips or Point of Grace. Brian, huh well, he should join a local A Capella group and maybe can get cured of his open-mic-night-blues style of boring, plain, straight-vocal singing.

Honestly the weathered soul whom sang Skynnard’s Free Bird should had been given special rule-breaking allowance to stay… over let say… Brian. Blake being a sucker for country or born on it made his choice to easy…a guy like him when starting out in the business, Korey Kent White. There went the Janis Joplin-esque Gypsy…oh, well that’s show business and the show must go on.

• Mary says:

Why do you think that? I love Country, but am using twitter, the Voice website, and itunes as well as phones.

• analythinker says:

Simply the facts. How many times have Blake’s team members been saved by America even though their iTunes placements were below some others who were eliminated that week? If I recall correctly: Austin Jenckes, Holly Tucker, Audra McLaughlin, CWB, and now Hannah. I don’t think I’m wrong for drawing that conclusion, even though there’s always exceptions like yours and many others.

It rarely happened, if at all, with any other coaches’ team members.

• Angie_Overrated says:

My husband and I both independently of one another also voted for Brian.

• Runner says:

His voice was butter tonight. Definitely his best performance, to me.

• analythinker says:

I might be the only one who thought that Adam’s speech about Deanna was actually in Brian’s favor. The coaches standing after Brian finished singing proves my point, they wanted to keep the better singer. Sadly it backfired.

• HTGR says:

Good god. Even you seriously voted to send Mia home first???? And you go for Brian for one single song?????

Another probelm with reality voters, their memories last about 1/2 song. Real world is nothing like. You can experiment test try one bad experiment one bad night matters ZERO. On reality it can suddenly knock anyone but a cute guy off any show instantly.

blah

i am truly so far outside of the voting demo of these now it’s gone from absurd (to start) to another universe at this point

• No, Mia performing first..then a commercial break..then Adam’s contestants performing..then Adam getting sympathy votes for the two of his contestants..that cost Mia. She was so far and away better than the other two it was sily. But we can’t have Adam lose two contestants, now can we.

• JM1 says:

Sooo . . . we have Hannah’s mother to “enjoy” for another week. :-)

• sandy totten says:

what do you have against Hannah’s mother . I am glad Hannah made it through.

• Sharon says:

Hannah’s mother has mistaken loud and attention-seeking for friendly and charming. Hannah deserved to make it through. We deserve not to have to see more footage of her mother.

• Hayder B. Hayden says:

That was certainly a disappointment. But with so many talented performers, someone good is leaving every week.

• Jagged, I’m with you and Slezak. Adam was better than a good used car salesman for Deanna. I like Deanna but c’mon, Mia is unique. I’m bummed.

• HTGR says:

+infinity.

honestly the voting on these shows has turned to beyond farce, if I was anything but a plain jane type performer and thought I had any real talent I’d avoid these shows like the plague now (unless it was truly a last desperate chance scenario, but if I was remotely young, hadn’t given it a really strong try, i’d avoid them liek the plague, evenif you win, you get little support and then labels just say oh look they failed and then if you don’t win they are like can’t even win a silly show, i think it’;s almost poison at this time)

i just hope this girl gets way away from this fast and finds someone who recognizes a precocious musical genius sort with one in a million voice.

• Jaszy says:

I correctly predicted that Brian was going to be one of the ones eliminated.
      I also predicted that Mia and Deanna might be in trouble.
      I didn’t want Mia to be eliminated this soon, but I’m not surprised that she was.
      Her performance last night was the weakest of all of her performances. Her whistle tones weren’t on point. There was no sense of urgency in her performance. Of course, she didn’t enunciate either. And then there was that likeability factor with Mia that she was lacking.
      Brian was good but just plain and boring.

• JM1 says:

I’ll be honest: Mia’s failure to enunciate is what kind of turned me off her. Even if you’re good, you can’t just ignore the fact that there are, like, WORDS you have to actually sing.

• Moria says:

I guess that’s how Nirvana got to be so successfull. Enunciation. (Couldn’t stand Mia actually but just saying)

• roni says:

Thats what made her soooo good
        No need to understand her words
        Its her art
        Talent like her is rare
        Shes in a league of her own anyway

• Mytake says:

Mia this ^. Literally didn’t understand a word she sang tonight. She had only herself to blame for her elimination.

She’s got a great range but until she smartens up and listens to the advice given to her regarding enunciating, she can get a career singing sound effects for the next Disney dolphin movie.

• yup the country vote is clearly stronger than all the votes… best example was last season Matt won the Itunes battle and still lost the contest… just sayin

• Sharon says:

Mia either couldn’t or wouldn’t make any lyrics clear, despite constant coaching and mentoring to do so. My husband said that Brian actually won the sing-off (I agreed), but the save was going to go to the “leggy brunette.” Yep.

• I agree with your comments regarding Mia and her lack of enunciating, I too would have voted for Brian, but I live in Canada, so I can’t :(

• While Deanna is not my choice, I would like to remind you that just because people live in the country doesn’t mean that they are only capable of voting by phone. Nothing like stereotyping, people. Like the commercial says, “City folks just don’t get it”.

• JJM says:

If Deanna’s legs are what’s keeping her on, and her dresses keep getting shorter, by the time they get down to the finals “The Voice” might be x-rated.

2. Elsa says:

What the…
    I’m completely shocked. I’m gonna miss Mia Z so much.

• Runner says:

She gave a really solid performance. Her enunciation is special, but I really liked her. The Voice gets rid of their singers FAST. I’m not sure if that’s good thing or a bad thing.

• kaia says:

Not being able to enunciate does not make it special. She could get up there and just hum/vocalize and get the same effect. That being said, i think Mia has an amazing tone and great sound. I just really wish she could have figured out how to sing clearly. I applauded Reba for saying what a lot of people were thinking. I really like Mia, but for me, half of what makes a great song is the lyrical content. If i can’t understand what is being sung, i lose interest. Hopefully Mia will work on that because i think she could make a great album.

• HTGR says:

It’s not Shakespeare! If you want literature go read a top book or a play. This is music man and she has the most insane instincts and voice. It;s nuts for any age but it out of this universe for 16.

But reality voters on these shows just go bland bland these days.
          Everything has to be a certain way. Greatness sometime is polarizing, but it’s instant death among reality viewer type crowds.

• Jon says:

America, I am NOT HAPPY. Mia Z. may have needed to work on her enunciation, but she is a gifted vocalist with a slinky, silky, unique style. And you boot her while keeping pitchy, perpetually off-key Corey?? WTF?? #BitterVoiceFanWhoVotedOnTwitterSave

• analythinker says:

I think the problem with Mia is, while I get that she’s an artist of her own genre, in any reality singing competition, there’s an expectation to be versatile and she wasn’t. Also, to me it seems like she didn’t listen to the advices given, which leads me to think she either does things out of habit or she thinks she’s already that good (no need to improve).

• JM1 says:

Compared to some of the singers, it’s just not her time yet. Fortunately she’s so young that she does have the time to work on a few things, which I’m confident she can do and be very successful.

• Jon says:

Well said (although I’m still bitter). Hopefully Pharrell decides to work with Mia after the show — she really has enormous potential. I’d buy her album!

• HTGR says:

Not her time? She has better instincts, understanding and control than just about anyone on the show, only maybe one could challenge her.

• Sharon says:

Couldn’t agree more.

• Caroline says:

How many of the remaining contestants have shown versatility, though? Corey has sung a country song every week, hasn’t he? Has Rob sung anything other than r&b? Has Joshua done anything other than singer-songwriter or light folk/rock? Has Brian sung anything other than light soul/pop? Even Sawyer, who is one of the perceived frontrunners, is basically singing in the same style every week. To me, Kimberly is the only contestant who is really showing much in the way of versatility. So why should Mia be penalized for sticking to her lane when the other contestants are pretty much all doing the same thing?

• analythinker says:

I’d agree with you on some points. Basically, on The Voice, the contestants are at least already halfway established in their own genre. However, the versatility part is not on the song choices. Joshua did similar songs, but he was at least ‘forced’ to take off his guitar and still delivered. Brian was saddled with the Sting song, but his ‘At This Moment’ was different, at least to me. Sawyer changed it up. I don’t think Rob’s Earned It and I Put a Spell on You were similar and he’s actually getting better.

So, I’m in no way penalizing Mia for her choice of artistry, but it feels like once the formula of bluesy tone + dolphin voice worked, she repeated it again and again. And it didn’t work the third time because people got bored with that delivery. Also, when critiziced for enunciation, she said “I should pronounce more than I’ve been”, suggesting that she thought she already had. This shows inflexibility, IMO.

If you still think she’s penalized, then in a sea of contestants-who-sound-the-same-every-week, she went home because of other factors.

• mae says:

I agree with you about Kimberly. I think she is tops and without any hanky panky by the producers she would win. All these singing shows seem to end up with the most popular one winning rather than the most talented one who outshines the others during every performance. I’ll watch as long as Kimberly remains but if she gets booted, I will be done.

• P-Applecakes says:

I, too, feel Mia Z should have stayed. She is very gifted! Love her voice and I think she will be successful. It gets pretty old though – your opinion of Corey. I think he has such a beautiful tone to his voice and I would much rather listen to him. He has this insane ability to make a person feel. And it is a calming effect, not anxious like many of the performers. But, once again, it is all what a person’s personal preferences are. You think just because people enjoy country they will vote and/or listen to horrible music as long as it is in that wheelhouse? Wow. We are not ignorant people. We just happen to enjoy a different genre of music. Get over it.

• Jon says:

I agree that a lot of mainstream viewers tend to stereotype country fans as a monolithic voting block, which is ridiculous. I don’t buy a lot of country, but I voted for Craig Wayne Boyd last season several times and have enjoyed other Voice country artists.

HOWEVER — I still believe Blake should have chosen a much more talented country singer — Cody Wickline — over Corey. That’s my opinion and I’m sticking to it…( :

• Well, I still think James David Carter was better than Craig Wayne Boyd, but at some point you have to give up the ghost and listen to the artists that do stick around.

• P-Applecakes says:

That’s what makes America beautiful! The diversity of people and our freedoms to enjoy a wide range of music. That’s why there are so many “styles” and genres. A happy group of followers for each one! My opinion of Corey is just that. He sang the hell out of the Tim McGraw song and based on that performance, was saved. I love his tone and I love his gravel. He reminds me of a young Brantley Gilbert meets Tyler Farr. And I’m stickin to that :) However, I on the other hand, don’t necessary feel the need to dog on the other artists. I certainly have my favorites and those I’d just as soon rip my ears off than listen to. But hey, that’s America!

• bobsaccamanna says:

Well with all due respect, Jake Worthington finished second two years ago so Blake’s country fans will vote for horrible music, the track record is there. You can say Corey has a beautiful tone to his voice just like I can say Deanna has a beautiful tone to her voice, but if she was one of the two sent home tonight I would not have been shocked, she wasn’t good last night and her save performance wasn’t good either. The point is Corey hasn’t been good either last week or this week, no matter what you think of his tone, he should have been one of the three fighting for the save.

• mikeyj says:

It is very subjective. I like all styles of music. Loved Craig Wayne Boyd but don’t identify as country. Loved Joshua Ledet who wasn’t country who took one to church and I’m not that religious. Deanna hitting an angelic tone singing of her savior will gain votes. Mia non-enunciating vocal acrobatics devoid of emotion won’t. She can sing Mick Jagger, but unlike Mick no one will believe her. Give her some time and she’ll mature and have some emotional connection and will be amazing for sure. There is a lot to like there.

• Blake should have kept Cody Wickline! Corey isnt half as good as Cody!

• analythinker says:

For mikeyj: I don’t think pitch is subjective, though. While it’s intangible, it can be measured. It’s why I’ll never understand contestants with better pitch gone sooner. I do understand that the subjective part is people’s preferences. Hell, if pitch determined who wins a singing competition, Melinda would have won her season.

• Lee says:

@ mikeyj: Agree with your comment about Mia and Jagger. I still think Pharrell made a horrible song choice by giving Miss You to Mia. Miss You is one of those songs that’s an uphill battle to make it your own and show off your vocal skills. I still have no idea why Pharrell gave that song to Mia. There were lots of other songs he could’ve given her from the Stones’ songbook.

• Kiki K says:

I agree with Caleb–he was crazy to get rid of Cody Wickline and keep Corey!!

• Jon, thank you very much for saying what I’m to angry to say. Mia has that silky bluesy voice that the voters seem to hate. As for enunciation, half of the songs on ITunes have bad grammar, cursing, babbling etc.

• Liz says:

Mia needed to work on her singing. Not that high note fiasco of effort that Pharrell seemed so enamored with. I liked her voice in the lower range (did not like anything at all about those high notes), but she seemed completely disconnected from nearly all of the lyrics.

3. Bringing Back the Sunshine says:

I’m stunned that Mia did not make it. The voters wasted the spot she should have gotten on Rob. Pathetic.

4. Runner says:

I thought all of the bottom 3 gave good performances, ie, there were no obvious clunkers. Sorry Mia went home, but somebody had to. And so it goes. My faves were saved last night by iTunes :) This is a great top 10. I am enjoying this more then AI – which is careening downhill right now.

5. Andres says:

I am crying. Poor Mia, she could have gone.

6. Kim Moores says:

I am….disgusted

• Runner says:

That was definitely a weird elimination. I knew who ever sang before the commercial break – would really have to give a memorable performance. Performance order matters so much on these shows.

• Jon says:

Well, it helped that the singer before the break was tall and gorgeous, and dressed to highlight that. Not slagging Deanna — this was actually her best performance. But her vocals were still ragged and inconsistent compared to both Mia and Brian.

I can’t believe that a week ago we all assumed that Mia and Sawyer were in it ’till the end. I blame your terrible song choice for Mia, Pharrell!

• wild_child says:

The song choice was Mia’s not Pharrell’s.

• analythinker says:

I watched back and Pharrell said ‘this song… it has a blues nature to it” and Mia replied ‘right’. No indication on who picked the song, but I would think Pharrell did. Koryn, on the other hand, picked hers.

• wild_child says:

Watch back again and during the critique Adam says that Pharrell made a smart song choice. Offf camera Pharrell indicates that it was Mia’s choice. He then asks Mia if it was her choice and she says yes. Bottom line, it was her song choice.

• Christine says:

Adam asked Mia if she chose the song and she said yes, so it was her not Pharrell that picked it.

• Jon says:

Not convinced, but even if Mia did choose the song, she is a 16-year-old neophyte singer. If Pharrell, a world-famous producer, had conveyed to her that the song was a mistake, I’m sure she would have chosen something else. #BlamePharrell

• JM1 says:

Adam told Pharrell it was a great song choice and Pharrell indicated that it was all Mia’s choice.

• Jon says:

Yes, but this isn’t the Knockout Round, where the singers choose all their songs. In this round, I think the coaches chose most of the selections, so even if Mia had come to Pharrell with this bad song choice, I assume he could have vetoed it.

• mikeyj says:

Song choice was actually good. Mia had no emotion behind it though. She has an amazing voice but needs to mature.

• Angie_Overrated says:

That’s the problem with these very young contestants. Not only are their voices not developed yet, but their ability to draw upon experience to make the lyrics come to life is close to zero. I love Koryn and would put her as my favorite, but she too is guilty of the same transgression. With Mia, Koryn and Sawyer, their inexperience comes through loud and clear at times.

• bobsaccamanna says:

Supposedly it was Mia’s choice but to be honest, Rolling Stones for 16 year old Mia has Pharrell written all over it IMO, and even if he didn’t choose it, it had to know during rehearsals that it wasn’t a good fit for Mia.

• Yes, it was the song choice. That song had no room for like,,, words

7. skrable2 says:

Two things happened here.

1) Reba’s comment Monday that she “couldn’t understand a word” Mia was singing hit home for viewers. Mia has style, crazy range and polished stage presence … but there were just times you couldn’t understand her — and that came off as style over substance

2) Adam knows he has the weakest team remaining, and so for two weeks he gave Deanna faith-based songs. That registers with voters … and given the choice between uber-clean Deanna and too-saucy-for-her-age Mia, the way America votes on shows such as this prevailed

• Runner says:

LOL. I thought I was just jaded. I always see the faith-based songs as a very calculated choice. I thought the same when Pharrell chose the gospel song for Koryn.

• skrable2 says:

The same … but I do think it was a combination of several factors, that just being one of them.

Mia certainly should have stayed above Deanna

• I think Deanna has the Christian vote, she has done 2 religious songs in a row. Not saying that I am religious, but i have noticed on these shows that the Christian vote goes far.

• Sherr says:

Well, shr didn’t get the Christian vote last night, did she?

• Sherr But the christian vote saved her on twitter! What I dont understand was Brian and Deanna both had 35 percent and Mia 31 percent. They showed this at the bottom of my tv screen. How did they determine who won with them at a tie of 35 percent? Does anyone know?By the way Im not religious I was just saying that the christian vote and prob also the country vote is pretty huge! Just my thought!

• JamesTISK says:

And the country vote goes even farther… read this now Corey Kent Top 3… there’s no stopping it

• Jill Moy says:

BECCA,

The percentages are rounded off! One singer may have been 34.95, The other 35.15 (as an example) So, the winner won by mere % points over the other! Marble mouth gone….YAH!!!!!!!

• Well Jill your skills of picking out the bad singers has worked again! You were right and Mia is gone. Now can you use those powers to get rid of Jax? LOl ok so Deanna won by the skin of her butt then, by just a couple of points. She is gorgeous! How can she have low-self esteem?

• Jill Moy says:

BECCA,

Deanna is pretty but stage fright can hit anybody, looks aside! Barbara Sreisand didn’t tour for 25 years because of stage fright and she can sing! I had it early on! Chevy Chase tried his hand at talk show host and quit after a short time because of stage fright….who would have guessed it? Jean Stapleton of All In The Family (Edith) ALWAYS had stage fright throughout her career! My point is ANYONE CAN HAVE STAGE FRIGHT! It’s pretty common!

• Chevy Chase was the drummer for Steely Dan! Did you know that? But you dont have to face people when you are in the back of the band drumming! Lol That is a little info I learned playing trivia about Chevy drumming for Steely Dan! I had no idea he was a musician before an actor!

• Jill Moy says:

BECCA,

I don’t see this attraction for Meghan; She sounds and looks wierd! Her tone is annoying! The net has all over it that Meghan is 23 years old! Is this possible? she either has had a rough life or needs a miracle makeover….and I mean miracle! She is unappealing in every way! She needs to join Sarah Darling of cancelled Rising Star and form the group, GIRLS WHO THOUGHT THEY HAD AN EDGE BY BEING RECORDING ARTISTS WHO LOST ON TV SHOWS!

• Jill Im not into Meghan at all because in the beginning she just seemed to complain all the time about her breakup with her boyfriend and she always has a strange look on her face like she is constipated! Maybe she needs Metamusel! LOL My fav females are Koryn and India and then for guys Rob and Sawyer! Cant stand Corey! Cody Wickline would have been one of my favorites! But Blake screwed the pooch on that one! Blake hasnt had his mullet hairdo for years, so if meghan is 23, and they showed a picture of her and him( with his mullet) then was she 15 in that picture? I dont believe she is 23. The math doesnt add up! She would have to be a young teen in that picture with Blake to only be 23 now! Lets see, how many years ago did Blake cut off his mullet hair?

• justme says:

not sure if this reply is going after the correct post, but re:Meghan’s age. I think I read that she was 23 in 2009, when she was on that Duet show with her ex. So I guess that would make her around 29 today (which I still can’t believe b/c she definitely looks over 30 to me).

• Justme, I agree to me she looks at least 36, and that is the least.

• Shadowscale says:

I’m Christian, and my family is, and my brother and I’s favorite is India, my mom’s is Kimberly, and my dad’s is Rob. I wouldn’t say most Christians would vote for her.

• Shadowscale, Oh I didnt mean every Christian! There is always exception to the rule!

• JM1 says:

No Meghan is not claiming to be 23. If you Wiki her it just says she formed her band at age 23.
            And to the one particular lady on here who insists on getting nasty about Meghan, WE GET IT – you don’t like her. But most of us on here don’t go out of our way tear these singers down. Your personal attacks are mean.

• Jill Moy says:

BECCA,

Everybody is making excuses for Mia Zombie being eliminated! They need to come down to reality; SHE SIMPLY WAS NOT VERY GOOD! SHE COULD HARDLY BE UNDERSTOOD WHEN SHE SANG!

I would like to know how she gets constant A’s from Michael when she can’t pronounce words and sounded like she had marbles in her mouth????? Just like Tonya before her, she simply is not a good singer!

Becca, can you imagine Jax or Joey winning AI?????? I hope those 2, along with Rayvon leave AI soon! Especially Jax….she is downright awful. whaddaya think?????????????

• I wonder if some of the faith-based songs have anything to do with the fact that Mark Burnett is very religious! I read that somewhere? He has other shows. Is it survivor? That he has? But I read he is very religious so maybe he tells them to do a certain amount of gospel songs! Just a thought!

• A.R. Vega says:

That’s funny because I can’t tell a damn thing Reba says while just talking with that horrid twang.

8. Laura says:

Mia should have been in top 5!
    Corey and Brian going hone. Hannah is annoying.

9. wild_child says:

What a travesty. Mia Z was so talented and had so much to offer us musically. I think Deanna was easily the weakest vocally tonight and in the entire competition but she gets to stay because she has a strong Christian following now thanks to Adam’s strategy and she is beautiful. I’m not down for a contestant who needs a self esteem boost every time she steps into a room.

• Runner says:

I think Adam should definitely stop bringing up her low self esteem – it’s cringeworthy, and if I were her, I’d be a little insulted. Is that the way he wants her to win? With pity votes? Sad.

• JM1 says:

If someone like Deanna has low self-esteem, how should I feel about myself?!! Gulp.

• MC says:

Lol. It’s always good to have a sense of humor. Funny stuff.

• bobsaccamanna says:

LOL JM1…on another note, because I hate the twitter save so damn much, does anyone have a guess as to who the bottom two actually were, I have a feeling that it was the two eliminated but of course no way of knowing for sure.

• analythinker says:

I refreshed the retweet count every time since the first save some ages ago. They always followed the actual results. Of course, the amount of retweets gained from accounts other than the official one, we’ll never know. But I suppose the official acct is a good indication.

• daynamoet says:

Bing actually predicted Mia and Brian going home and that’s the way it turned out so it actually was probably accurate.

• Deanna looks like a Prom Queen or a Miss America contestant! Gorgeous! I will give her that!

• Jill Moy says:

BECCA,

She is pretty but scared! She wasn’t very good yesterday (half the time sounds like a man)! But I like her grit and glad she beat out Mia Zombie! Funny thing how singers think a falsetto will make people vote. Works for awhile….Mia, Rayvon over at Idol, etc., etc. Rayvon will be gone! Rob needs to sing better and not rely on falsetto, or he’ll soon be gone!

• Alan Dvorkis says:

Not the first or 2nd or 3rd time Adam has been out of line with his comments about his own team. On top of that, he is incredibly annoying, so much so, that I now turn the channel when he starts to speak

• T says:

Funny because I find most of the contestants not my thing this year on The Voice I am only still watching mostly because of Adam -even though he has no chance to have a winning singer. Blake too but mostly Adam. I am almost there on Idol too where I watch for Keith and Harry but I still like Clark and Nick so not as bad as the Voice

• Mike says:

I thought Mia shouldn’t have even been in the bottom anyway. I really expected it to be Corey or Hannah.

We all have biases though. The fact of the matter is Deanna just had more fans. She’ll probably go home next week anyway. The upper level talent this year is too good. And Adam’s strategy wasn’t about getting the Christian vote, it was about giving her songs she was more comfortable singing.

• mae says:

Nor am I. If you have low self esteem why enter a show like this. I love Christin/Gospel music, but if you are going to sing it then sing it using the correct words. I guess many may not have know the words to Down To The River cause she sang Down IN The River. Who goes down IN the river to pray? I guess some were looking at her face or didn’t know the word because I have read a lot of comments and no one has mentioned that.

10. Sharron says:

How unfortunate that Mia with a great voice and stage presence was eliminated and Deanna that made you nervous to watch how uncomfortable she was on stage was saved!

11. Tiff @ Mostly YA Lit says:

Deanna? Seriously? I mean, she did a lot better tonight than last night, but Mia has a brilliant body of work, unique tone, brilliant pitch, real stage charisma, and she sings stuff I would actually listen to.

America, you failed at The Voice.

• Runner says:

I believe she won (and just barely) b/c of performance order and Adam gives one heckuva speech. I doesn’t hurt that she keeps her singing spirituals either.

• Finally another person with a real name and face who speaks about the singing not how this person looks weird or that person looks old. Thank you Tiff Aloha,

12. Kaba says:

This is not the news I wanted to see coming out of class :/

13. Angie_Overrated says:

I don’t care if Brian was rated K for karaoke. He got my twitter save vote. He sang his face off on that. But Deanna? Really? She always looks like she’s one nervous laugh away from a total psychological breakdown.

• Runner says:

Brian gave his best tonight. He should be proud of that. I kept screaming at my TV (like that works :) ) to save him. Oh well. Bad TV.

• analythinker says:

I was happy for awhile when I saw he was leading. Oh well. Last season, he would have gotten saved over Ryan. *cough*

• Angie_Overrated says:

I have to say here that the middle of the pack singers this season aren’t bad. Even though Deanna wasn’t my choice to save, there is something interesting about her. She has zero chance of winning, but when Hannah, Deanna and Rob are your middle of the packers, it tells us all we need to know about how good this season is.

• Analythinker Hey How did they determine the tie? I dont get it. My tv screen showed Brian and Deanna both with 35 percent and Mia at 31? Im curious.

14. Matt says:

I slapped my leg in disgust when Corey got saved. Cause that meant one or both of my favorites to listen too all season were done when someone who really didn’t deserve it sticks around. I’m glad Deanna stayed cause I love her voice but Mia is gone far too soon.

Am I the only one hoping that Blake will cater completely to Meagan and sabotages Corey next week? I mean, Meagan should be his only real chance of winning his 5th title, no offense to Hannah who’s pretty good IMO, but Corey is even less deserving of moving on than Jake Worthington was two seasons ago, and that’s saying something.

Also… Christina should give India some Toni Braxton soon cause she would absolutely own.

• Runner says:

I really like Hannah. I do think her wardrobe peeps need to get it together, but the girl can sing. I am a little shocked she made it through though.

• bobsaccamanna says:

I like Hannah too, I’m kind of surprised at all the negative Hannah comments here. In both group numbers her voice has been the one that stands out on Blake’s team. And on the group number front, I’m no Rob fan so this is a biased opinion but I think he was exposed a little tonight on Hotel California where he was forced to just sing and not overwhelm us with vocal gymnastics. Slezak had it right yesterday when he said that Rob sang I Put a Spell on You like he was trying to punish every note.

• Jaszy says:

I wholeheartedly believe that people underestimate Hannah! She is really good. Yeah, she might need to work on her dynamics, but all the contestants have something they need to work on…(for Mia, it was her enunciation. For India, it’s her overdone vibrato. For Rob, it’s his overdone falsettos. For beautiful Deanna, it’s her stage fright. For Corey, it’s his pitch…and his tone. ….etc…you get the point.)
          But Hannah truly delivered on Edge of Seventeen. I loved it! She’s an underdog, for sure. I’m glad she made it through to sing another week.

• analythinker says:

I even think India would be great with some country, say… Sugarland’s Keep You.

• 2Blessed says:

Yes to the Toni Braxton suggestions! I absolutely love deeper voices on females!

• Angie_Overrated says:

I was thinking Koryn for Toni Braxton. Both of them have voices so low that they sound like really high men.

15. Jasper says:

We live in a world where more people want to hear Cory Kent White than (the vastly superior) Mia Z.
    #IDon’tWantToLiveOnThisPlanetAnymore.
    Side note: What took so long for Koryn to be called safe?
    If America doesn’t get its act together, Corey could win.
    😰

• Jasper says:

Worst early elimination since De’borah’s Season 3 Top 20 exit.

• Jon says:

…And Amanda Brown’s early Season 3 exit. And the Judith Hill/Sarah Simmons exit shocker in Season 4. And Matthew Schuler getting booted in Season 5. The Voice has a history of terrible early eliminations…) :

• Jon, I bought every one of Sarah Simmons songs on ITunes. She had a unique voice but song choice by Adam did her in. I still bought that last song. Thank you for mentioning her and Matthew Schuler.

• Jon says:

Marilyn, I felt the same way about Sarah…her rendition of “Angel” still gives me goose bumps. And that group performance of “Diamonds” with Sarah, Judith Hill, Sasha Allen, and Michelle Chamuel (all of whom lost to Danielle Bradbery) was perfection.

• I don’t remember the group performance of Diamonds. I’m going to look that up. Thanks

• 2Blessed says:

^I AGREE

• P-Applecakes says:

Wow. What can we do to help you with the exit?
      Side note: Your opinion is just that. Please don’t act like those of us who like Corey’s voice are total morons.
      Vastly superior? huh?
      America, get it together and vote for the artist you truly enjoy! If it is not Corey, that’s ok. There are so many talented people this year!

• Jasper says:

I’m not saying that Corey is bad. I just feel like based off of Monday’s performance, Corey should have gone home, as did a lot of other people. If you like Corey, great, but I just think that Corey should’ve been eliminated instead of Mia. I don’t hate him.

16. Lisa says:

I think Rob deserved to be there, but I would have kept Mia over Hannah in a heartbeat.

17. Angie_Overrated says:

I’m happy to see that Hannah was safe despite all the negative feedback I read about her last night. That was an underrated performance in my opinion. Not the best of the night, but she’s a whole lot better than the critics are giving her credit for.

• Runner says:

She was great last night. I am glad she has some fans keeping her there. She definitely deserves her spot. I think folks have a hard time relating to her – but I like quirky. And she is a great singer, so there’s that…

• Angie_Overrated says:

Her vocals aren’t the greatest (but are more than adequate) and she has her volume dialed all the way to the right and it’s stuck in that position, but what I love about Hannah is how she just goes for it. She knows she’s quirky and doesn’t care what we think about it. I find that to be a highly relatable and admirable quality.

• Jon says:

Agreed. I love Hannah, voted for her and was thrilled that she was in the top 6 saved. For that matter, I was very happy with all of America’s choices (except for saving Corey and booting Mia — still gnashing my teeth over that). And yay for Koryn!

• J. Rex says:

First, I totally agree that Blake messed up choosing Corey over Cody. Corey comes across as a cookie cutter, white bread, middle of the road wannabe. I really enjoyed Cody’s authenticity. OK, now about last night; simply put I don’t think Mia wanted it bad enough. She has talent and confidence, but you didn’t get any warmth, or connection from her. She also seemed creatively stunted. She was even proud about her unwillingness to explore other genres of music. Deanna has the underdog role. I am sure she doesn’t want to be crippled by stage freight, plus we know she has enough chutzpah to come back after not making a chair turn a few seasons back. She is talented, and willing to try different genres. She didn’t want to cover that Christian song on Monday, but bowed to Adam’s insistence. I really didn’t care for Brian. I just never saw a spark in his songs.

• danin says:

I like Hannah..she exudes fun! And I think she has a solid voice. Sorry to hear about Mia The Stones,Miss You, was just too thick for her.Had she tackled Amy Winehouse she would have had a shot.

• JM1 says:

I you-tubed Hannah and liked her much better singing a little softer in some coffee shop. It’s the screaming thing that puts me off. And I like quirky, also, but her style seems more “unhinged” than quirky, to me. ;-)

• Angie_Overrated says:

Right? What’s wrong with fun? She won’t win, but I’m enjoying watching her on the show for as long as she lasts. We have great ballad singers and folk singers and R&B powerhouses, so I think there’s room for a weird chick to get her groove on and scream at us a bit. lol I would like to see her bring the volume down just a tad, but I think Blake knows this too.

• JM1 says:

“room for a weird chick to get her groove on and scream at us”
          Angie – I will think of this and LOL next week when she performs. Love it!

• danin says:

The thing w/Hannah is she can sing&entertain in her arhythmic white girl fashion.As Angie says she just goes for it.The difference between her& Quassim is she can sing & she dances badly w/a smile on her face.Quassim danced his butt off,very energetically&comittedly, he entertained too.To bad his voice couldn’t hold its own. Who knows,maybe he&Hannah will end up coming in the same position.What # did he place?

• Angie_Overrated says:

“aryhythmic white girl fashion” just made me cough on my tea. Her dancing is something. It’s terrible, but that’s why it’s so amazing.

• Shadowscale says:

Qassim got eighth place.

• Clay Cassin says:

After watching some youtube videos of her, I really think she should showcase her violin skills, and soon! I was shocked she could play it so well… she is not showing America ALL her talent!

• Jaszy says:

I truly agree! Hannah was one of my favorites Monday night! She deserves more praise than flack. She’s great!

18. Charlie says:

I forgot Michael that you are the only person with a vote in tbis process. I have listened to Mia Z all season and can’t understand a word she is singing or saying.

Adam threw a little shot at Blake’s team with his comment about teams voting for the coaches rather than the individual which was a valid point at the end of the day I suppose. Mia was never winning this competition

Sawyer Meghan and Kimberly at this rate for top 3. I don’t get all that jazz with Kinberly either. She screams most of her notes. Koryn and India much better

• Runner says:

LOL. Adam doesn’t mind “voting for coaches” – when the coach is him.

• Gailer says:

I agree, India is better than Kimberly, but Meghan, well…..but I think she’ll win over Corey. Sigh

• Arvin says:

India the Goat Whisperer!!!

• Jill Moy says:

CHARLIE,

You are wise! Mia wasn’t good and Kimberly screams with her high pitched whining voice! She, along with Mia gets constant grades of A and in Kimberly’s case, A+’s….RIDICULOUS! A is perfection and NOBODY is perfect! A+ means better than A….no such thing! 4.0 gpa is max! A+??????????????????

19. Kaba says:

This is…
    Damned shame for Mia

20. wild_child says:

I’m not one for conspiracy theories but VoiceSaveMia trended nationally for quite some time. Neither Deanna nor Brian’s hashtag tweeted. Hmmm…interesting.

• Timmah says:

I noticed that too. Maybe a lot of frustrated voters retweeted after the fact. Or something more sinister….

• Im still confused by the tie. Brian and Deanna both at 35 percent and the show never announced how they figured out the tie.

• Jill Moy says:

BECCA,

And imagine…America voted Mia over Caitlin! Very few complained about Caitlin leaving! After all, Caitlin sang a Xtina song with Xtina and was every bit as good! No easy task! MIA, MIA, MIA, just like JAX, JAX,JAX! I’m sick of it! Well….ONE GONE, ONE TO GO!

• Prabhy says:

Noticed that as well. I totally thought Mia was going through. She trended worldwide as well. A lot of disappointed folks tonite including me.

21. Timmah says:

They don’t call this show America Hates Talent for nothing.

22. Gailer says:

Blake’s gonna win again. Odd that Idol has no country singers

23. TC says:

Was shocked Deanna was saved. But I have to say, I really couldn’t understand one word that came out of Mia’s mouth tonight. Still, I’m shocked Blake still has all three of his team members left and Pharrel only has two. Mind boggling…..

24. Gary says:

Middle aged female voters ruin these shows with their hormone-driven support of crap singers like Cory!

• Gailer says:

It’s the country vote and it ruined idol too

• Timmah says:

Not just country, it’s pretty much any cute guy with a guitar.

• Angie_Overrated says:

I don’t understand the cute thing. I mean, Corey’s not ugly, but some of the comments I’m reading make it sound like he’s Chris Jamison hot. Corey IS NOT Chris Jamison hot. This bears repeating: Corey IS NOT Chris Jamison hot!!!

• Because Chris Jamison isn’t hot?

• Angie_Overrated says:

You are a blasphemer, tvwillrotyourbrain. I cry blasphemy!!!

• Jon says:

LOL…Angie, I’m not sure we understand. Is Corey as hot as Chris Jamison?

• Mytake says:

Yah I don’t get the comments about how hot or great looking Corey is. I’m female and he’s not ugly but I find him pretty average looking. I wouldn’t look at him twice on the street.

• Angie_Overrated says:

I will hear nothing to the contrary, Jon. :)
            Oh, my second future husband is such a fine specimen of a man. He will fall in love with me when we meet. I just know it. That is if he doesn’t file a restraining order against me before his passion for me equals my love for him…

• Jon says:

Hee…just so you know, the video of your future husband’s performance on the show last week is already up to 1.5 million views on YouTube. I hope the record labels are taking notice…

• Angie_Overrated says:

I said it last season too: Jamison is a star. He doesn’t have the best voice and would probably have been slaughtered in this current season, but what he has is “the package.” His sound is very current, he’s a sexy sexy man, and he has a relatable personality. I would be more surprised if he isn’t the show’s first breakout star than I would be if he is.

• Sharon says:

I agree with you, Angie. Cory is a sweet, clean-cut, reasonably attractive young man. Chris Jamison is…well, we talked about that last season, didn’t we? In a different realm, shall we say, and leave it at that.

• JM1 says:

Gary – speaking as part of the demographic you mentioned, I can promise you that is not true!

• Lucia says:

Middle-aged women? I don’t think so!

• Not me! Yuck and I did vote for CWB! Im not a huge country fan but i thought he was the best. Corey is horrible!

25. Steve says:

What a travesty, Mia by far should be in the top 3!!! Just goes to show me that the voting has to be rigged or most people are clueless when it comes to talent. Mia your going to go far baby. Keep the faith and keep on doing what your doing. I will definitely buy your music and pay to see you sing.

26. Kim Moores says:

Ugh, I thought this ‘having problems with posting’ nonsense had left me finally.

27. Steve says:

What a huge mistake. Mia by far should be in the top 3!!! Just goes to show me that the voting has to be rigged or most people are clueless when it comes to talent. Mia your going to go far baby. Keep the faith and keep on doing what your doing. I will definitely buy your music and pay to see you sing.

• Jill Moy says:

STEVE,

Nobody wants to hear a singer you can’t understand! Reba called her MUSH MOUTH! I named her MARBLE MOUTH….TAKE YOUR PICK! She was a skinny little twit who thought her obnoxious falsetto and marble mouth would get her far! She got an A tonight! OUTRAGEOUS! C MAYBE! Well, another wannabe star we’ll never hear from again!

28. Florence+TheMachineRules!!! says:

I was very shocked for mia to be in the bottom 3. To me I was voice saving between her and deanna cause I looked at their overall bodies of work. Also I’m so excited for the voice this season!!! Here are my power rankings:
    1 MISS KIMBERLY NICHOLE YASSS!!! 😍😍😍
    2 Meghan
    3 India
    4 Koryn
    5 Sawyer
    6 Joshua
    7 Rob
    8 Deanna
    9 Hannah
    10 Corey

29. Ally says:

K for karaoke my butt, Michael! You are so biased. lol. Brian gave the best vocal tonight by far. You couldn’t understand a word Mia was singing and Deanna’s pitch was all over the place. Brian was 100 PERCENT on point.

30. ChiTownBluesFan says:

Simply put, America is full of idiots.

31. Cynicalmuch says:

This show never fails to disappoint me, always the best talent leaves early to render a top five of meaningless musical drivel …time to stop watching again.

32. Betsy says:

“…America (I DON’T EVEN KNOW WHO THEY ARE ANYMORE!!)”….(applause)

33. AlyB says:

The country & Christiam music people don’t even take talent into account anymore. As long as it’s the “right” kind of contestant, they’ll push them through. Bad enough Corey was safe outright but to give Deanna the save? Over Mia? What a joke. Get ready to watch the rest of the talented singers fall one by one to this rabid base that doesn’t even care if the people they’re voting for can sing.

• Jackie says:

You’re 100 percent right, Most Christians and country music fans always support people they believe support their “values” over the actual singing.

• Jackie I believe what you say and the reason is, I watched Dancing with the stars last year and the Duck Dynastys daughter was on. They are extremely christian. Anyway she was very good,BUT there were other couples that were better! She got to the top 2 and almost won, but came in second!

• Sharon says:

Jackie said: “Most Christians and country music fans always support people they believe support their ‘values’ over the actual singing.” What a very broad and dogmatic statement this is. It seems very unlikely to me. I certainly know a lot of country music fans who care a lot about the actual singing. And what, exactly, are country music values?

• P-Applecakes says:

Thank you Sharon! What are the pop music fans values? That statement can go for any genre of music and sound just as stupid!

34. Carola says:

I want to know..Who on earth is voting for Hannah? I was in shock when they said her name.
    And now Mia Z is gone. I just can´t believe it.

• Angie_Overrated says:

I voted for Hannah. And for Mia. Hannah voters do exist. :)

• Jaszy says:

Hannah was awesome! She deserves all of her votes and then some!
      Stop underestimating Hannah, people! She’s fabulous!

• MC says:

I thought Hannah was pretty good this week, but there was nothing distinctive about her vocal. I happen to agree with MS that I can always just listen to Stevie Nicks (especially Stevie’s vocals before she damaged her voice). I really think that Hannah would not have survived this round of voting if she was on another team. There’s no question that being on Blake’s team is an advantage when it comes to the voting rounds. Hannah has talent, but I thought that she took a safe and generic approach with “Edge of Seventeen.”

• sandy totten says:

I voted for Hannah. Mia is horrible .

35. 2Blessed says:

Ok, y’all are killing me in these comments. First, yes Mia deserved the save over the other two. However, her performance last night was lackluster. That was the first performance I didn’t like by her. She charted the lowest on iTunes, except for Brian. Also, I don’t feel like I really know Mia, and would it also be possible to say that Mia is slightly one note in terms of the songs she chooses? This is where “theme” weeks can help artists like her be pushed out of the comfort zone a little each week, like on AI. But I digress. Mia had a great body of work, but America isn’t completely bogus for not voting for her.

36. Luann C. says:

No matter how good the Voice contestants are this year and any other year, I can’t get behind this show when votes depend solely on the popularity of the coaches. There’s something really wrong with this concept here and a huge disadvantage for the contestants. I put this up there with award shows that are based solely on social media votes instead of real talent.

• JM1 says:

You are right to some extent. On the other hand, we all know this by now so the contestants are partly to blame for choosing certain coaches when we all just KNOW they will get thrown to the wayside too soon.

• Luann C. says:

But they can’t all be on Team Blake or Team Adam. Somebody’s got to be on the losing teams. This is the reality of TV I suppose – It’s not just the Voice that is relying on attracting real-time viewers with Twitter voting. But it would be more honest if the majority would vote for the performer and not the coach because the coach has millions of Twitter followers.

• Jon says:

Is there a big discrepancy between the popularity of these coaches? Yes, Blake has roughly twice the Twitter followers of either Adam or Pharrell. But Xtina has more followers than all of them, and she hasn’t won so far. Or did you mean by another metric?

• Luann C. says:

I think that shows that Xtina’s followers are not watching the Voice. Blake and Adam have an advantage with the viewers since they have stayed with the show since the beginning.

• Adam is HUGELY popular and he had two in the bottom 3. So people aren’t just voting for coaches.

37. Jackie says:

How much pity is Adam planning on drumming up for Deanna this season? Every week she is excused for being nervous and shy or whatever and it’s just that: a lame excuse! No girl who is genuinely shy is going to be on that stage wearing a dress like Deanna was wearing tonight!

38. MC says:

I initially thought Mia would be safe tonight, but then I remembered the resistance among voters to performers from the northeast on these talent shows. I watched Deanna’s “Oceans” performance on video and I thought she sounded pretty darn good (despite a few wobbles). They may have brought her vocal to the forefront and minimized the band or the live sound mix may have been terrible (as some AI viewers have also noticed on that show this season). I watched “Ain’t No Sunshine” earlier today and damn, Mia brought it every week…until last night. It was a disastrous song choice and, for the first time in my eyes, Mia was mediocre and forgettable. The mojo was gone, partly because the idea of a salty and very secular Mick Jagger song voiced by a teenage girl was off-putting at best and creepy at worst. It was also less bluesy/r&b and a little more pop-oriented. Am I looking forward to Mia’s new music? Absolutely. Good luck, young lady.

• 2Blessed says:

^THIS.

• I agree, a 16 year old singing those lyrics were uncomfortable. Too bad, because Mia was great.

• Dee says:

I think the bottom 3 should have been Deanna, Cory and Rob and Rob should have been saved. Mia will definitely have a big career ahead of her at her age and a vocal coach will be able to her her with her enunciation which appears to be her only hurdle. Maybe Pharrel will take her on. I’m disappointed with Adam for pushing for Deanna and voters for pushing through Cory.

• MC. I agree about resistance for votes for Northeast singers however this year there are so many New Yorkers that have little choice in the matter. For example,even Sawyer is from upstate New York and he is probably untouchable. And I agree that the Mick Jagger song last night had no teeth. It didn’t have many words. I am also looking forward to Mia’s new music. She will be a star for sure.

• MC says:

I initially thought Sawyer was from Iowa or Nebraska. He’s not an urbanite; he’s a country kid from the wide open spaces of upstate New York. Northeast is often used as a synonym for the upper part of the Eastern seaboard. Think Siobhan Magnus, Pia Toscano, Erika Van Pelt, Elise Testone and, of course, Mia. You see one episode and you know exactly where these ladies were born and raised. Elise has actually lived in SC for several years now, but everyone immediately knew she was originally from the northeast, specifically NJ.

• MC says:

OTOH, I have to say that I’m surprised Jax has done so well on AI this season. It will be interesting to see how far she can go.

39. Davey says:

Whoever Blake’s fans are they have this voting thing down perfectly. There is no way Hannah should be on this show.

• Jaszy says:

Hannah deserves to be on this show. Her performances have all been great!
      She killed Edge of Seventeen. Love her voice. Does need to work on her dynamics but it’s completely mind boggling that you think she doesn’t deserve to be on this show and is still on there because of people voting for her just because she’s on team Blake.
      Hannah deserves all of those votes she got and then some.

40. max says:

Pathetic……..Mia Z was the class of the whole group, if you’re a young guy that sings pop or country you’re golden.

41. Davey says:

I think Brian was almost saved tonight. If Adam hadn’t given that pity speech for Deanna, Brian would still be here.

42. kevstar says:

I feel that Mia doing Miss You was the worst song choice. She was definitely better than Deanna and Brian, though.

43. Sherr says:

So, so upset. Corey is a nothing. Half the waiters in Nashville have better voices and can’t get recording contracts. He should’ve gone tonight but God forbid the country voters should let even a mediocre talent go. Brian (based on last night) and Corey should have gone tonight.

• jayce says:

Have you ever seriously listened to country music…while you’ll hear some of our most gifted “vocalists” there are legendary Country Singers who could hardly carry a tune in a bucket….they knew/know how to tell a story Corey connects to his lyrics..which is job one.
      And sorry but it’s not a pitch competition…almost no one has perfect pitch..the gifted few have relative pitch…and most aren’t offended unless someone is murdering DreamOn ala Gokey..or some of the “ftop tenners” on Idol for the last 5 years. Corey was a little pitchy…not everywhere or all the time…and not horribly so…and the average listener just didn’t notice. Are there others left that do that every bit as well..yes. A few bring that AND also bring a better and broader pallette, a lot of technical amplitude, ..amazing dexterity..and yes Brians lovely intonation….but if you are not connecting..bye bye. I love that Mia had a love for jazz and the blues… especially at her age. She has a really neat instrument…(not the dog whistles..not that she can’t use her range to beautiful effect..when it makes lyrical emotional sense to do so. BUT if you want to be a blues singer…the most IMPORTANT part is what you are singing about…if you can’t evoke that with the words..you must with your inner, struggle, the cry inside that can only be relieved by getting it out…Mia despite her gifts simply didn’t connect….and by the by…there were better looking young men in the offing…some of them more accomplished singers…Corey is there because he connects…so get used to it ..he’s gonna be around a while and should be.

44. A.R. Vega says:

I Am done with this piece of trash show. Goodbye The Voice, America has ruined you.

45. c says:

Mia should have been saved

46. Sheila says:

Mia should have stayed and Deanna should have gone home. I think that now it’s a popularity contest. Who do you like, Adam or…. Mia was different and a great young talent.

• Mike says:

Now? It’s been a popularity contest for quite some time
      *cough*Cassidy Pope*cough*
      This isn’t news. At this point I watch these shows so that I can see the talent. I don’t expect them to win most seasons.

47. theresa says:

This really sucks, the show and voting already over before it shows here on the West coast and we have no say in who can stay….the show comes on here at 8pm pacific time…evidently our opinions or votes don’t matter!

• Tereasa, that is right. Im west coast also. It sucks Its like saying this show is only for west coast viewers!

• Jon says:

Well, most of the people who were saved were from the total vote yesterday, which I assume you participated in. If you want to vote on the Twitter save, follow The Voice’s official feed, and they’ll send a notification when it’s time to vote. Then you have five minutes to tweet #VoiceSave[artist], just like we do in the East/Central time zones.

• Aby says:

Are we not supposed to twitter-save based on their save-me performances? How do we do that if we haven’t even seen it? I think they should scrap the twitter-save and have the bottom 3 just go home.

• Shadowscale says:

That sucks, I live in Central, but seriously. Is there a reason they do this?

48. Michael H. says:

Okay, I’m going to break my bonds with Corey and Deanna this week and say that they should go home next week. If someone good goes home instead of both of those two next week, I will literally start a riot in Universal Studios and burn down the NBC headquarters. America, you have been warned.

49. Sheila says:

Deanna, really…. Mia deserved to be there. I think it boils down to who do you like Adam or………

50. Billko says:

Sorry, I forgot to vote. I was looking at Deanna’s legs. (And unabashedly so!)