Teen Wolf Season 5 Promo: 'The Rules Have Changed' for Scott's Pack

Teen Wolf fans, your wait is over!

MTV on Sunday aired the first official promo for the supernatural drama’s upcoming fifth season, and it looks like it might just be the craziest installment yet — which is saying a lot for a show in which an evil Japanese spirit literally puked itself out of itself. (Yeah, remember that?)

Though it’s less than a minute long, the promo gives us our first look at the entire pack — Scott, Stiles, Lydia, Malia and Liam — bracing for the arrival of a heinous new enemy, one that appears to have an affinity for torture. But, hey, what else is new?

“It’s very much about our teenagers becoming adults and heading into their senior year,” executive producer Jeff Davis recently told TVLine about Season 5. “But as always, we bring in some new mysteries and new monsters. I think this season is very much about the line between science and supernatural.”

It was also recently announced that Tyler Hoechlin won’t return as a series regular this year, though Davis insists that “we have not seen the last of Derek Hale.”

Initially confirmed during the show’s panel at last year’s Comic-Con, Teen Wolf‘s fifth season will consist of 20 episodes, nearly double that of Season 4.

Hit PLAY on the trailer above, then drop a comment with your thoughts below: What are you most excited to see in Season 5?

1. Evan says:

Can’t Wait!!!

2. JessicaGozz says:

Yey!! so happy 20 episodes!

3. adrian ivan delgado says:

:( unos 30 capitulos hubiera estado bien, muero de ansias por verla :(

4. Skittles&Bits says:

Quality not quantity, writers. I’d be happy with a 10-episode season that had tight pacing, suspense, great character arcs and a brilliantly engaging villain. Just as important–stop the filler episodes. Please, for the love of all things good and my sanity, no more filler episodes. No more filler scenes. If you don’t need a character, don’t show him/her. The only decent villain we’ve had is Void!Stiles, mostly thanks to Dylan O’Brien’s captivating portrayal. I have my fingers crossed for S5 of TW but if this season doesn’t pick up, Stiles or not, I may just have to peace out. :(

• James says:

As proven in the past, Teen Wolf treats its 20-episode seasons as 2 separate 10-episode split seasons. If they’re still following the format they did with Season 3, Season 5A will have its own arc as will 5B.

• They haven’t had a 20 episode season yet, though. They had a 24 episode season that was broken into 2 12 episode seasons. However, Jeff has already said that season 5 will be presented in two sections of 10 episodes, but as one unit with a cliffhanger in the middle.

• James says:

Interesting about going for a linear narrative all-season. Hopefully, it works out for them and well planned out.

Just sick of those “Who the Big Bad?” theme they’re going for every season however.

• 'A' Has Been Revived says:

Nope, Jeff has already state that all 20 episodes will follow the same storyline. It will most likely air in 10 and 10 but it’ll be the same story.

5. Należy również pamiętać dobrym humorze i dobrych butach, bo zgodnie z tradycją para młoda musi obtańcować
    całe wesele.

6. Bill says:

When does it return?

7. Eden Blake says:

If stydia doesn’t happen I will riot.

8. Christopher says:

Kira is part of the pack too. How did you forget her especially when she was shown on the trailer along with the others?

9. Becca says:

I can’t wait for it to come back, tho I am NOT looking forward to the Malia/Stiles crap. … I wish Issac and Jackson would comeback. Liam irritates me just as much as Malia and I miss Allison. I am sad that Derek won’t be a regular this season. Next to Stiles, he’s the other reason I love the show.

10. Jared says:

Any idea when Teen Wolf S5 premieres?

11. Gotowe steki serwujemy z przygotowanym wcześniej sosem.

12. uk-usa-tvaddict says:

Did the video hint that people in general know about supernatural creatures or just a bunch of doctors know about supernatural creatures?

13. jc says:

Cannot wait for teen wolf to start again.

14. Jessica P. says:

What I’m looking forward to is seeing Derek Hale because he’s not off the show…just out of the opening credits

15. shallu says:

can’t wait till june it super

16. Alysha says:

I’M SO DAMN EXCITED TO SEE EVERYONE IN SEASON 5

17. Essie says:

I can’t wait!!

18. Eligible says:

cant wait for this season and the new villains