Exclusive

Big Bang Theory: Christine Baranski, Laurie Metcalf Returning for Sweeps (in the Same Episode!)

Big Bang Theory Season 8

The Big Bang Theory is celebrating Mothers Day a little early this year.

Christine Baranski and Laurie Metcalf are set to reprise their respective roles as Beverly Hofstadter and Mary Cooper in the CBS comedy smash’s penultimate Season 8 episode, TVLine has learned exclusively.

This marks the first time Baranski and Metcalf will turn up in the same episode (airing Thursday, April 30), although it’s unclear if the two will share any scenes.

Good Wife vet Baranski last appeared as Leonard’s mom in the show’s Season 7 finale. McCarthys matriarch Metcalf, meanwhile, most recently turned up in Season 7’s 13th episode.

1. DJ Doena says:

They must share a scene. It will be the original big bang!

2. Josh Cochran says:

Hmmm… Leonard and Penny’s wedding?

3. rockgolf says:

What might bring these two ladies to the apartment at the same time?
    Perhaps… a wedding?

4. Nicole says:

Yes! Finally! My husband and I wanted to know when this would happen….it’s going to be comedic gold!

5. Gail says:

Since Christine Baranski films “The Good Wife ” from NY she may only be on Skype as she was on her most recent visit.

6. KatsMom says:

They darn well better have a scene together! I want to see Leonard’s mother stunned by the fact that she was taken down a notch by Mrs. Cooper. :)

7. maria says:

Oh I hope they are in a scene together. That would be comedy gold!!

8. TV Gord says:

I hope this episode sets up a real rivalry between them, setting up their season nine appearance, when they get involved in a torrid triangle with Penny’s dad! :-D

Maybe they can give Howard some closure. With those two in one room, he may realize there are worse things than life without mom.

9. Mr. Tran K says:

With The McCarthys presumably canceled, can’t wait to see Laurie Metcalf’s return to The Big Bang Theory but her other series Getting On is coming to an end soon.

10. Amber says:

Oh this makes me so happy. It would make sense they are coming back for the wedding, but I definitely thought that wasn’t going to be happening this season. And I doubt it has anything to do with the paper their boys wrote. So hmm. Maybe it is the wedding after all!

11. John says:

I always wish they had an episode where they saw what life was like if they were raised by each other’s mothers. Sheldon loves Leonard’s mom so much, and Leonard wishes his mom was like Sheldon’s, but would they really like it if they were raised like they wanted?

12. Jeanne says:

Can’t wait to see this episode!

13. Tsering says:

cant wait to see the look on Mrs Hofstader’s face when Mrs Cooper says ” yes I have been praying for that and am happy that ur recent book is a success ” 😜

14. Luis says:

Dr. Hofsttadter and Mrs. Cooper, all in one episode? Oh the humanity!

15. Nikki says:

Awesome! I really hope they have a scene together, I’ve always wanted to see those characters interact. With Leonard and Sheldon as well!

16. Viktoria says:

I would love to see Sheldon’s Me-maw sometime. It might be fun to have her played by Roseanne!

17. i cannot wait for this episode…:)