House of Cards Renewed for Season 4

House of Cards Season 4

Netflix has elected Frank Underwood to another term.

The streaming giant on Thursday renewed House of Cards for a fourth season.

No word on a premiere date but if history is any indication we’re probably looking at Spring 2016. Production begins this summer.

1. Matt C. says:

Fourth…and final? 4 seasons of 13 episodes = 52 episodes. 52 = a full deck of cards!

2. Mr. Tran K says:

Another season means more Frank BLEEP-ing Underwood.

3. Kris says:

Can’t wait!!!

4. DavidSask says:

Please let it be the final season, don’t get greedy. Most viewers will agree season 3 was not the best so go out with a bang!

• Robert says:

Season 3 was the best so far for me and many people I know. This is just beginning. Frank needs to get power by wining election and then loose it all as every house of cards crashes eventually because of week foundation. The murder of Peter Russo will be his nail in the coffin.

5. T says:

You knew they wouldn’t end it until at least the election was over. I am hoping it will pick up in quality – the only parts I really enjoyed this season were around Doug. Hopefully now that he is back in the circle there will be more to hold my interest next season.

6. abz says:

I have to say that despite a few good moments throughout the season, this season felt like a huge let down. It really felt at times like I was wasting hours of my life.
    First, the biggest issue is the amount of time spent on Doug. I wouldn’t have had a huge problem with it if the ending paid off and didn’t absolutely suck. They spent an entire season focusing on his humanity only to have him kill Rachel, pretty much one of the only sympathetic characters on the show. It all seemed like a waste of time and I’m sorry but I read the interview with the creator and I disagree with his reasoning for killing her. So much time wasted on Doug’s growth and evolution and the possibility of him turning on Frank (which I really wish they had gone for) and all for him to go back to being the same person he was at the end of last season. Once again HUGE waste of time. There was no point and I stand by the fact that they should not have killed off Rachel!
    Then, there’s the writing in general from the politics (I’m not a political expert but it all seemed very ridiculous) to them bringing up many story lines only to let them go. They skip over so much such as, for example, when he finally decided to announce he was running, the following episode just went straight into his campaign. They didn’t bother showing the criticism he most certainly would have faced after he already said he wouldn’t run.
    Also, certain characters just felt underwhelming. I feel like there is so much more that could have been done with the Kim Dickens character. She could have caused a lot more damage. Meechum was once again useless this season. They did nothing with him and his part could have been played by any extra.
    Then there’s the fact that the show IMO fails in its attempts at making us care about some of the supporting characters. I mean does anyone really care about Remy and Jackie’s relationship drama or her drama with her husband? The only supporting characters this season that I did like and cared to see more of were Heather Dunbar and Thomas Yates.
    If I had to say I’ve always kind of liked Claire a bit more than Frank even though they’re both despicable, but I’m growing tired of Frank getting away with everything and how he always gets his way. I hope this next season really does set up a Claire vs. Frank arc.

7. Earl N says:

I agree this needs to be the last season, don’t do a sopranos…please Netflix