Full House Reunion Series Fuller House Nears 13-Episode Netflix Order

Full House Reunion

Everywhere you look, everywhere you go, there’s a… classic TV series being reborn. And TVLine can exclusively confirm that the revival craze has extended to the Tanners of San Francisco.

According to sources, Netflix is thisclose to ordering Fuller House, a 13-episode multi-cam continuation of Full House to star Candace Cameron Bure as D.J. and Andrea Barber as her BFF Kimmy.

Fellow Full House vets John Stamos, Bob Saget and Dave Coulier are being eyed to make guest appearances, with Stamos having a producer role, as well. The project is being shepherded by the original show’s creator, Jeff Franklin, who will exec-produce alongside Thomas L. Miller and Robert L. Boyett (both of whom also EP’d the original).

Reps for Netflix and Warner Bros. declined to comment for this story.

Full House, which wrapped its eight-season ABC run in 1995, joins an exploding TV-revival trend that includes Coach (coming to NBC as early as this fall), The X-Files (returning to Fox next season), Twin Peaks (bowing hopefully on Showtime in 2016) and FH‘s TGIF successor Boy Meets World (currently airing on Disney Channel via Girl Meets World).

1. EJ says:

Is this an April Fool’s joke one day late?

• Errol says:

people really need to stop with that. i don’t think TVline has ever posted an April Fool joke story.

• Jenifer says:

I see no mention of Jodie Sweetin AKA Stephanie in this article. How rude! Is she not in the cast? I hope I hope I hope she is.

• Kristina says:

Errol: Yes they have. Last year they did an April Fools “What’s Worth Watching Tonight”. I remember because it spoiled Will’s death on The Good Wife for me (and I remember that a year later because an article about what was on TV on a Tuesday night wasn’t something I expected to do that).

• Katie says:

They did, though, a year or two ago they did a list of fake spoilers for Glee.

2. Karen MT says:

The picture of Michelle says it all. OoO

3. Mary Kate says:

But will she be married to Steve?! Please say yes!

• Travis says:

I wonder if it will be a female version of the original full house… DJ as a single parent with her friends helping raise her children?

• Ann says:

NO! That would mean Steve was dead or they’re divorced…that would be sad. But it would be a cool idea. DJ, the single mother, with best friend Kimmy and sister Stephanie. I could totally see that working.

• Rebecca says:

When the show ended she was not with Steve anymore.

• Stacey says:

But they reunited in the series finale (Steve was DJ’s surprise prom date) which was the show’s implication they might have reunited for real after that night. Therefore I could see them marrying. And either divorcing or Steve is working elsewhere, and DJ is a basically a single mother who has her best friend Gibbler helping… And maybe Stephanie if they can get a deal with her…

• Wesley says:

Of course in Full House, John Stamos was the headliner and Saget, who was the father, got second billing. It could be that Kimmy is the single mom and DJ is the best friend that moves in with her to help her out. It that’s the case, they could bring Steve back as the boyfriend DJ lost contact with years ago and then comes back at some point to reconnect.

4. Kat says:

If D.J. isn’t married to Steve, I ain’t watching.

5. Mariam says:

Late April fools so people don’t suspect it?

6. Iakovos says:

This is not a bad idea at all. FULL HOUSE delighted so many during its original run and in syndication years after. It is the kind of show that can survive a reboot. Sitcom tropes abound. Different people in different roles. Familiar people. Attractive actors. Why not?

7. This would have made more sense yesterday.

8. pl says:

Wow! While Netflix is in the revival mood, do you think it’s too early for ‘Glee The Next Generation’?

9. big cheddar says:

I thought DJ and Steve moved to Jersey, next to the families on The Neighbors?

10. Jenny says:

Woah baby!

11. Dude says:

Tell me Fuller House is the actual title!

12. Maggie says:

One of my first ‘ships.

13. Sherrie says:

This would be amazing. My 10-year-old son is watching the series on Netflix right now. He LOVES it! And it made me realize how much I actually missed this show too!

14. Lizo says:

Oooooo!!! I just finished rewatching the whole series (thanks Netflix) so I’m definitely in the mood for more Tanner family fun.
    Everyone has to make an appearance though!!

15. Ruth says:

Come On Buffy the Vampire Slayer, step up to the plate!

16. Stacey says:

Why does it have to be on Netflix. I don’t watch that service… I wanted to see this, even if it’s as cheesy as the original could be…

• DYS says:

I know that you said that you don’t have netflix, but perhaps the option of signing up for a month trial, watching Full House, then cancelling would be a good and free option for you. As you probably know, you can watch netflix on the tv instead of your computer if you have a laptop and an hdmi cable, a video game system in your household where you can dl the netflix app, etc.

• SW says:

You don’t even need a laptop or video game system anymore these days to watch Netflix on your TV :) All you need is a Roku streaming box, which is pretty cheap if you get the basic one. It easily lets you watch Netflix on your TV.

• Tesla says:

Full house isn’t on Netflix

17. This gets to come back but Enlisted and Surviving Jack gets cancelled????

18. pamill says:

P.S. While at it, I want two more seasons of Desperate Housewives (it should get to 10!) and Veronica Mars (it should get to 5), at least a Thanksgiving/Christmas special for the abruptly ended Brothers & Sisters and big screen movie for the rare hidden gem that is Pushing Daisies. As Miranda Priestley would put it : that’s all :)

19. Riana says:

If they Michelle appeared, which Olson would play her?

20. At this point Fox and Netflix are just trolling the Browncoats…

21. Luis says:

Do they find a new actress to play grown up Michelle, or send her off to Nepal, since neither one of the Olsens is showing up for this mess? Maybe they could get Elizabeth Olsen to do it (NOT!)

22. Dee says:

Ugh. No, thank you.

23. K says:

If they can’t get all the gang back together then there’s no point. Mary Kate and Ashley or nothing

• Stacey says:

Lets face it, the Olson twins (even if they only got one of them) wouldn’t do it and don’t need the money. So the show will just say that Michelle is working overseas or has her own life, and can’t stop by to see her family…

• Luna says:

However, the Olsen twins were so young when the programme was cancelled that Michelle could have changed so much that she looked totally different… Maybe a new actress could take care of the role…

24. Eric says:

Netflix: pull the trigger, PLEASE! I loved the original show growing up and I still watch reruns all of the time. I hope most of the cast comes back, and for more than just a handful of guest appearances — other than the Olsen twins. I doubt we’ll ever see Michelle Tanner all grown up.

25. soundcinemas says:

The whole series is available on Netflix Canada. It kinda makes sense that Netflix wants to produce the sequel. I just wish they made the whole old show available on Netflix USA.

26. get it right already! says:

what else are they going to re-make now! I’m not complaining though sounds fun. I would probably watch it. It was be better than all the reality shows out there!

27. So happy this show is coming back! Although with sequel shows like this one it can only work out if the whole original cast is involved.

28. ck says:

Dave Coulier isn’t too busy to do this? I’m shocked.

29. James S says:

Aw man, I loved Full House! Remember when DJ tried to play a trick on Screech but was stopped when Urkel, Carlton and Winnie Cooper convinced them to jump Dawson’s creek on a scooter but on the way over to the creek they discovered my secret identity? Luckily they were sucked into that portal that brought them to a parallel universe ruled by Xenia before they could tell their Friends?

Hmmm…. What were we talking about again?

30. kaniya says:

The shows were so awesome

31. Jermey says:

Don’t care what anyone says… Best news ever! :)

32. Ron says:

Sounds to me kind of like Kate and alley 2.0

33. Carl says:

No, Happy Endings, but Full House? The world sucks.

34. nana says:

If Netflix can bring back Fullhouse Netflix should bring back Gilmore girls!

35. pamela says:

MK and Ashley will NOT do this show and unless all the cast is back it’s probably not the best idea to do it.

36. NP says:

I was excited because my kids have just discovered Full House but then I saw its Netflix so I won’t be watching

37. A Fan of TV says:

I would love this. But I almost hate admitting I’ll be disappointed if DJ isn’t married to Steve.

38. Greg says:

Great to see this show make a comeback, but if its going to focus just around Kimmy and D.J. it may not be the same or even worth it. Your report even left out Beck, Stephanie and the twins on if these Characters will be apart of the show. If I have to go buy discs to see this or watch it on the internet it won’t be worth my time so hopefully they’ll bring it to tv. Even after about 20 episodes Girl Meets World is starting to focus on more than just the Matthews family.

39. Woah baby! What amazing news!! ‘Full House’ is still one of my favorite shows of all time, along with ‘Friends’. Omg..Kimmy and DJ back..can’t wait for this! And Uncle Jessie and Aunt Beckie need to be on this too! They were one of my favorite couples on TV.

40. Melora says:

How about a return of Dead Like Me?

41. Linda says:

*rolls dice* C’mon Facts of Life!! ;)

42. nikki says:

Sounds awful

43. Cas says:

If Steve isn’t in the show then I dislike this idea. I’d rather not have Kimmie in the show. She was so annoying!

• NF and SK fan always says:

yes she was at times, she was one of my favs. but i don’t see any of these re-makes are going to be all that. some hardcore fans might like them, but for me I think that i will pass on this one. sorry.

44. DorthyjeanCoe788@gMail.Com says:

I love watching this show,full hours as an child growing up.fuller houes is better now.Donna

45. Kaitlyn says:

How awesome would it be if Wizards of Waverly Place came back with Alex or Justin as a parent???

46. eh says:

Maybe DJ and Kimmy are lovers.