The Americans Renewed for Season 4

The Americans Season 4

FX is Russian to pull the trigger on another season of The Americans.

The cabler has renewed the Keri Russell-Matthew Rhys Cold War drama for a 13-episode fourth season, to premiere in 2016.

RELATED Cable Renewal Scorecard 2015: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

Four episodes remain in The Americans‘ third season (the finale airs April 22).

“Remarkably, this season of The Americans has achieved even greater acclaim than that of its first two seasons,” marveled Nick Grad, FX’s Original Programming Co-President, in a statement. “The series has cemented it status with critics as television’s best current drama and arguably the best show on TV, and we couldn’t agree more… We look forward to the final four episodes of season three, and beyond, in Philip and Elizabeth Jennings’ riveting journey.”

1. Viv says:

Yeah! Happy about this news. Won´t change the annual Emmy snubs though…

2. GuessWhat says:

Great show. So happy!

3. Georgia says:

Woo-hoo! Great news! The Americans is one of the best TV shows on the air!

4. CJ says:

I’m really glad to hear this. The ratings have had me worried but I know FX really hopes to get five seasons out of this show so now we’re even closer.

5. livinginjersey says:

Thank gawd! This show is just so DAMNED good! I’ve watched a lot of TV over the years and there are few episodes that stick with me like I know last week’s will. I still tear up thinking about Betty.

6. Ray says:

This season has been very slow to develop and a bit dull but I’m gladdened by the news nonetheless.

• Tim says:

I thought the second season was really slow—this one is too, but what I’ve come to realize is that the show is just a really slow burn. Excellent, but very slow.

7. AWESOME! Best drama currently on TV.

8. dj says:

WONDERFUL news!!!!!

9. Maria says:

Yes! So happy about this renewal. Best show on TV!

10. drhenning says:

I figured it would be renewed because of the high acclaim it has from critics… Even though live ratings are not great, it probably has high DVR numbers and I would guess Amazon likes it as well… This show binges well… I rewatched Season 2 when it got to Prime in short order..

11. JBC says:

So happy to hear of the renewal. The Americans brings good storytelling coupled with excellent acting. Glad they dialed down the blatant sex scenes this season. It wasn’t adding anything in the earlier seasons.

12. Tiffany Hill says:

I was seriously starting to worry about it not being renewed, given the low ratings.. Thank goodness it’s coming back with a fourth season.. It really is, at least in my opinion, the best show on tv.. I can’t think of very many tv shows where i’ve re-watched the seasons several times… I know many people out there find it long, and slow moving, but i find it very suspenseful, and brilliantly written.

13. zachary deegan says:

The americans is the best tv series since the sopranos. I really enjoy every moment of it…