Emmys

CBS, General Hospital Lead Daytime Emmy Nominations

Daytime Emmys Livestream 2014

CBS dominated the nominations for the 42nd annual Daytime Emmy Awards, amassing 62 in total — buoyed in part by veteran sudser The Young and the Restless‘ 25 nods.

Trailing CBS’ haul, PBS and syndicated series netted 50 total noms each, followed ABC (35) and NBC (20).

Among daytime dramas, ABC’s General Hospital led the pack, collecting 28 nominations. Y&R placed second, followed by CBS’ The Bold and the Beautiful (with 19) and NBC’s Days of Our Lives (16).

This year’s Daytime Emmys will air Sunday, April 26 on Pop (fka TVGN fka TV Guide Network), and be hosted by Tyra Banks. Here are the nominees in select categories; the complete list can be found at EmmyOnline.com.

OUTSTANDING DRAMA SERIES
The Bold and the Beautiful
Days of Our Lives
General Hospital
The Young and the Restless — 2014 winner

LEAD ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
Peggy McKay (Caroline, Days)
Allison Sweeney (ex-Sami, Days)
Gina Tognoni (Phyllis, Y&R)
Maura West (Ava, GH)
Laura Wright (Carly, GH)

LEAD ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
Anthony Geary (Luke, GH)
Christian LeBlanc (Michael, Y&R)
Billy Miller (ex-Billy, Y&R) — 2014 winner
Jason Thompson (Patrick, GH)

SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
Linsey Godfrey (Caroline, B&B)
Amelia Heinle (Victoria, Y&R) — 2014 winner
Elizabeth Hendrickson (ex-Chloe, Y&R)
Finola Hughes (Anna, GH)
Lisa LoCicero (Olivia, GH)

SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
Scott Clifton (Liam, B&B)
Chad Duell (Michael, GH)
Kristoff St. John (Neil, Y&R)
Jacob Young (Rick, B&B)

YOUNGER ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
Kristen Alderson (ex-Kiki, GH)
Camila Banus (Gabi, Days)
Hunter King (Summer, Y&R) — 2014 winner
Haley Pullos (Molly, GH)

YOUNGER ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
Bryan Craig (Morgan, GH)
Max Ehrich (Fenmore, Y&R)
Tequan Richmond (T.J. GH)
Freddie Smith (Sonny, Days)

GUEST ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
Sally Kellerman (ex-Constance, Y&R)
Donna Mills (ex-Madeline, GH)
Elena Tovar (Rosalie, GH)
Fred Willard (ex-John, B&B)
Ray Wise (ex-Ian, Y&R)

The Price Is Right

OUTSTANDING GAME SHOW HOST
Craig Ferguson, Celebrity Name Game
Steve Harvey, Family Feud
Todd Newton, Family Game Night
Pat Sajak, Wheel of Fortune

The complete list of Daytime Emmy nominees can be found at EmmyOnline.com.

1. Helena says:

Most WHAT THE… is Camryn Grimes not being nominated. Especially since Kristen and Haley are there.
    Billy Miller being nominated for YR is yet another reason why TIIC never should have let him walk out the door.

2. Karen94 says:

Billy and Amelia!!! YAY!!! The best “Villy” The Young and The restlesss has had.

3. Dude says:

First of all, it makes me laugh that Days was nominated for writing. Secondly, the acting categories are wayy off.

4. Mr. Tran K says:

Very happy Drew Carey still got no Daytime Emmy love for hosting The Price is Right but in my opinion, Bob Barker will and always will be the best Price is Right host EVER and I’m so excited for tomorrow when Mr. Barker host a special April Fools Day episode of TPIR (hope Bob Barker should beat the living daylights out of Drew Carey like what he did to Adam Sandler in Happy Gilmore). I really think that Let’s Make a Deal with Wayne Brady is WAY better than The Price is Right with Drew Carey (haters are going to hate) but I rather predict that TPIR should end in 2017 if the entire social media network are going to complain about that. Really hope that both LMAD and TPIR should do an April Fools Day switcheroo for next season and the execs at CBS Daytime better make that happen or else, fans of both shows are going to be very upset about all of this. On the other side of things, so happy to see all four Daytime soaps get nominated for the best of them all: Outstanding Drama Series and I’m disappointed that Camryn Grimes got SNUBBED this year and she definitely deserves to be nominated.

5. Laura says:

Camyrn Grimes not being nominated is the biggest surprise to me. I’m disappointed that Blake Berris wasn’t either this year or last year. He or his team must be really bad at putting together his reel.

6. Mollytanner says:

Ouch no Blake Berris, but hopefully Camila Banus will win she was fantastic in her confession scene.

7. Nicole says:

Anthony Geary should definitely win. He has actually terrified me at times this year and then turned around and been completely vulnerable in the next scene.

• Lena120 says:

I hated the Fluke storyline so much I can’t get behind that nomination. It came off as campy crap to me. Out of this group, I’d prefer Jason Thompson to win. That dude’s turning into Susan Lucci over there.

I want Alison Sweeney for Best Actress, Chad Duell for Supporting Actor, Freddie Smith for Younger Supporting Actor, Haley Pullos for Younger Supporting Actress, Finola or Elizabeth should win Best Supporting Actress.

• ChrisGa says:

Great picks and I agree with many although I’d pick Camila Banus in Younger Actress and, if not Finola, then Lisa LoCicero in Supporting. Otherwise, spot on!

8. Steven says:

I hope Scott Clifton wins. I’ve been a fan since General Hospital and he just seems like an overall great guy.

9. Mr. Tran K says:

I’m rooting for either Family Feud with Steve Harvey or Jeopardy! with Alex Trebek to win Outstanding Game Show. If The Price is Right wins, I’m giving up watching it because Drew Carey continues to be a poor man’s Bob Barker ever since he took over back in 2007 and TV’s longest running game show should have ended after Barker’s retirement when he hosted for 35 years. I predict TPIR to end in 2017 if the show’s numbers started to plummet.

10. BrightLight says:

So many questions and thoughts:
    1. Why do the male acting categories only have 4 nominees each? Was that intentional or just coincidence?
    2. I don’t know when they created the Special Guest Performer in a Drama category but I really hope Meredith Baxter wins it because I know they exact scenes they’ll submit for her and she could win a Primetime Emmy with those.
    3. Did GH actually use less of Linda Elena Tovar just to get another nom in that category?
    4. Congrats on Beacon Hill’s nominations!
    5. Have no words on how Camryn Grimes didn’t get nominated. I actually started watching Y&R again when I saw she had returned.
    6. I LOL at the Outstanding Drama Series category because all the nominees are ALL the remaining soaps on TV.
    7. Have no idea how Lisa LoCicero got nommed over Michelle Stafford because I can’t remember what LL did on GH last year that was so memorable besides her great comedy relief. Although Nina is so over the top on that show, the voters might have just hated Nina (not MS) as much as I do.
    8. So Alison Sweeney finally got an acting nod after leaving DOOL.
    9. I actually didn’t know Celebrity Name Game was even on the air yet as I doesn’t air in my area.
    10. Well The View has finally dug their grave. RIP The View. I remember when I couldn’t stand The Talk but I’d watch all their past episodes forever over a new episode of The View.

11. Cathy S says:

TJ from GH nominated for younger actor? Wow! How is Roger Howarth not nominated for lead actor? I don’t watch the Daytime Emmy’s anymore and the nominations are a big reason why.

12. Chet Apong says:

I read the nominations and I’m very surprised.

Lead Actor
    Why 4 candidats and not 5 ?
    Ok, Geary is a great actor. He deserve this nomination. But we know that he will win…for the 8th time ! It’s just ridiculous. We can give him the Emmy every years with this logic.
    Christian Jules Leblanc & Billy Miller ? Euh…Billy played 1 month. Ok, wonderfuls scenes, but 1 month ! Not a year ! Leblanc, I don’t understand…No storilynes (unlike his cancer, but he understood that in end of year). The 3 leaders this year was Bergman, Braeden, Davidson. But like every years, Braeden is missing for Leblanc. Davidson deserved a nomination !

Lead Actress
    I’m agree with the list. Ok, everybody ask himself why Peggy McKay, she’s present 1/10 episode. But we know that the acadeImy loves her and like she’s old, she can permits to keep the place to another actress.
    Sweeney…It’s very terrible! 10 years that she’s candidat, and academy waits her last year on DOOL (and not her biggest year)
    Tognoni…it’s always the same problem. She’s perfect on the role, but she was present 5 months and only 3 where we listened her.

Best 2nd Actor
    Good list.

Best 2nd Actress
    I love Hendrickson, i’m happy that she’s present, but again a time, she don’t deserve to be here. She’s gone on May !

Best Young Actor
    Max Ehrich ? A farce…Has been before the hour. Furthermore, he was missing Mars to November, a thing like that !

Best Young Actress
    Camryn Grimes deserved a place…

To conclude, like every years, the candidatures of Y&R are very strange. I wanted see the real lead actors: Braeden & Davidson !
    I regret the time where the candidats can’t be candidat if they has not been present more of 100 episodes.

PS: Sorry for the language, I’m french :)

13. Butters says:

What is the point of this award when all four remaining daytime dramas are nominated for best daytime drama and director? Given the eroding of these shows they should reduce the category down to two nominees. By nominating all of them it says great job you survived cancellation… so far.

• “Eroding”?

All four soaps have experienced a resurgence over the past 3 years. They’re all way up on average, and are thriving in a lot of ways. None of them are going anywhere anytime soon. Y&R has been renewed through 2017, as will DAYS; B&B is the most-watched soap in the world; and ABC has nothing to replace GH with as they most likely will be cancelling The View next season.

• Butters says:

I was referring to the fact that at one time there were 12 plus shows on the air then there were 9 for a while and then 6 and now 4. It makes not point to reward all shows with a nomination. It is like “hey you showed up so you get at participation ribbon”

14. DavidSask says:

Chad Duell and Haley Pullos are horrible actors, many cringe when they are on air !Camryn Grimes not being there needs to be explained!

15. Avery says:

GH was nominated for Outstanding Drama Series Writing Team as well. All four soaps were nominated for best show, writing and directing.

16. Erin B says:

How does the timeframe work on this? I mean, no Justin Hartley?

17. Jimbo says:

Peggy McKay ? Really ? Are you kidding ? She is supporting actress and that’s stretching it. What is wrong with this panel ? You ignore acting powerhouses lik Heather Thom and Micheele Strafford and you nominate Peggy McKay ? What a joke
    Alison had better walk away with the Lead Actress Emmy. You ignored her for 21 years now ! Wake up Emmy panel. Clear out the cobwebs. It’s 2015 !!!

18. kathy says: