Finding Carter Stars Tease Lori's Plan, Crash's Return & More Season 2 Twists

Finding Carter Season 2

MTV’s Finding Carter returns for its second season Tuesday (10/9c), and star Kathryn Prescott tells TVLine that the show’s new tagline — “the truth will tear you apart” — isn’t to be taken lightly.

“It’s a truth that involves everyone,” Prescott says. “Some people already knew about it, but others didn’t, and it’s going to tear everyone apart in different ways.”

Below, Prescott and co-star Anna Jacoby-Heron preview more Season 2 twists, including Lori’s “sensical” plan, Crash’s surprising return and a few newcomers we should keep an eye on.

MAX & TAYLOR’S FUTURE | As you might have seen in the first eight minutes of the premiere, Max and Taylor do get back together — but that doesn’t mean the couple is totally out of the woods just yet. “It seems so simple, but there are a lot of themes that play into whether or not the relationship will stick,” Jacoby-Heron explains. “They love each other, so they want to be together, but they still have a lot of issues to work out.

LORI’S PLAN | Lori has always seemed like a bit of a nut job — an impression that only strengthens as she attempts to drag Taylor into her twisted plan in Season 2 — but could there also be a method to her madness? “She believes, for whatever reason, that Taylor also belongs to her,” Prescott says. “She explains her reasons … and they’re kind of sensical.” Adds Jacoby-Heron, “There are going to be a lot of ethical decisions for the viewers to make.”

CRASH’S REDEMPTION | Carter’s no-good, friend-shooting ex-boyfriend returns in Season 2, but you’ll be happy to know he’s not quite the same guy you remember. “He genuinely wants to be a good person, but he didn’t have the tools to do it before,” Prescott explains. “His uncle comes into the picture and shows him … what a good person he can be. That’s sort of his catalyst for change.”

DAVID’S SECRETS | Also turning over a new leaf in Season 2 is David; the formerly secretive head of the Stevens family is finally ready to open up about his past. “He’s still shady, but we get to see more of an emotional side now,” says Jacoby-Heron. Adds Prescott, “You see that he’s upset about what he’s done. It makes him more of a human. You definitely empathize with him more now.”

NEW GIRL | In addition to all the familiar characters stirring up trouble in Season 2, a few newcomers will also keep things interesting. “There’s a new friend who shows up from Carter’s old life, so Carter and Max both know her,” Prescott reveals. “Carter’s kind of pissed because the girl hasn’t gotten in contact with her [since she reunited with her birth parents.]”

Your thoughts on these new teases, Finding Carter fans? Your hopes for Season 2? Drop ’em all in the comments section below.

1. johnhelvete says:

Dont understand how Crash is not in prison since having a handgun and shooting someone even by accident would have violated the deal that Elizabeth helped him get to avoid prison for the drug charges (3 years?) and I thought that he would go to prison automatically for that let alone any charges he might face for shooting Max….the other stuff sounds good though.

2. Joey Padron says:

good scoop about new season. excited to see the season premiere tomorrow!

3. KS says:

This is at least the third time I’ve read an article about this show where they’re referred to as the “Stevens family.” Their last name is Wilson. Stevens is the fake last name Carter shares with Lori.

4. Could care less about Max and Taylor’s relationship. It’s so boring. She should think about revisiting Max/Carter.

• Lizo says:

Max and Taylor are adorable. They are the only teen drama element I actually like on the show.

• Jasmine Murray says:

I agree 100%! Max and Taylor are Amazing together! #6ReallysForever …… They gotta become a couple again! Cause nobody else on #FindingCarter is a better fit for each other than them!

• Eileen says:

I can’t wait for crash to come back cause he and ofe are my favret chareters

5. Aimee says:

I actually liked Crash before the Max shooting but for me that took things too far for the character to still be viable afterwards, I think they just need to let him go. Plus considering he already had a record him managing to avoid jail time for shooting someone while attempting armed robbery seems rather absurd.

6. cyclone says:

Crash needs to leave, never to return. I never liked him. I just don’t get why TPTB want to bring him back and redeem him, why because the tween viewership like the bad boy? You should be showing them the good guys in the world like Max not some loser like Crash.

7. Lizo says:

Glad it’s coming back! I hope it doesn’t focus too much on the “normal” boyfriend drama – season 1 nearly lost me when there was like 4 episodes where all it was was boyfriend teen drama. I’m watching this show for the whole family as they try and piece their lives back together; that’s the real heart of the show. Not Carter’s boy of the week. So hopefully there will be less teen romance and more family feelings.

8. Lizo says:

Also, the movement towards Carter and Elizabeth being friends just fills me with warm fuzzies.

9. Ian says:

Why hasnt anyone discussed Lori’s alleged connection to Taylor too? I cant say exactly how theyre going to piece it together, but Im gonna say itll involve her maybe having been their surrogate, and/or she was David’s mistress. There’s something incredibly fishy about how Carter looks so much like Lori, while Taylor is the spit of Elizabeth.

10. Mariejay says:

I think crash should deffinetly come back. He has the intentions of being good & I really wanna know what carters dads secret is.

11. DEANNA MCQWEEN says:

I HOPE LORI GETS A LONG PRISON SENTECE AS FOR CRASH I ALWAYS KNEW HE WAS A BAD GUY I REALLY HOPE FOR MAXS SACK SHE DOSNT GO BACK WITH HIM MAX AND TAYLOR I REALLY HOPE STAY MAX AND TAYLOR

12. Skyla Murga says:

I love this show …. cant wait tell crash comes back i think he is a good guy

13. Judy says:

If Elizabeth could not get pregnant, and she used someone elses’ eggs that were harvested, then, who does Graham belong to ????? Is that coming out in Season 8???

14. Melissa says:

Anyone else notice the horrible casting? The actress who plays Taylor isn’t believable as Carter’s sister, let alone her twin. Also everytime she has a scene it’s like I can’t stop staring at her eyebrows. They’re so distracting.