Heroes Reborn: Masi Oka to Return as Hiro! Plus, Premiere Date Scoop

Masi Oka Heroes Reborn

“Yatta!”

Masi Oka will reprise his role as Hiro Nakamura in NBC’s 13-episode revival Heroes Rebornwhich the network now confirms will premiere in the fall.

“I’m excited to return to my Heroes roots,” said Oka, who will appear in a multi-episode arc. “Hiro Nakamura was such an inspirational role to play, and I’m hoping the fans will enjoy seeing him back on TV.”

Oka is currently co-starring in CBS’ Hawaii Five-0, which is shooting its season (or series?) finale this week.

“We are thrilled to have Masi back in the Heroes family,” said series overlord Tim Kring. “The character of Hiro Nakamura was such a huge part of the first series’ success, and a gigantic fan favorite. We felt the fans would really love seeing him back in action again.”

Oka joins a cast that includes fellow Heroes vet Jack Coleman as well as franchise newbies Zachary Levi, Ryan Guzman, Robbie Kay, Danika Yarosh, Judith Shekoni, Kiki Sukezane, Henry Zebrowski and Gatlin Green.

1. steven says:

What about Ando?

2. Kevin H. says:

YAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

*ahem*

3. Best news ever. We love Hiro.

4. Outstanding news.

Now PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD go get Hayden Panettiere for an ep or two. Claire and Hiro were probably the most important characters of the entire original series run and we NEED a Claire appearance in particular given where things left off.

5. titoveli says:

are we in the best TV era? imo we are how many great show vikings, GOT,
    The 100, Bates Motel, POI, Arrow, The Flash, Shameless, TWD, TBBT, Mom
    and plenty more shows i watch … who else watches all or more than half
    of this shows i mention

6. Barbaramorningstar says:

I’m glad they are bringing back the Heroes series, even if it is just a limited series. And the Hiro character was one of my favorites. Masi Oka could make the series worthwhile all by himself. I’m looking forward to seeing Heroes Reborn.

• Temperance says:

It will probably work best that way. Tim Kring shows have great premises, but they wander too much, lose momentum, and peter out before you get to satisfying conclusions to the various story arcs. Having to focus on doing one main story in 13 episodes will help a lot.

7. Alexa says:

The phrase “Last episode” has a scary connotation these days on TV shows

8. Kate says:

I am glad NBC is treating this as it should, a summer time event series. I hope they take the step further to understand that the DVR ratings should be more important. Like, say its only eight or ten episodes. I might be tempted to marathon (the carnival story, which was horrible, wasn’t quite as bad when you watched it in a row, of course, that was also on like the game show network at like eleven and twelve o’clock at night) it.

9. Larry C. says:

Has anyone seen any originality lately? Can’t wait for the reboot/revival of I MARRIED JOAN. Thank the tv gods for BATES MOTEL, THE AMERICANS, THE RETURNED, ETC.

• Drew says:

Remakes, reboots and revivals have existed since long before TV. Sherlock Holmes was brought back from the dead. Tom Sawyer become a detective. Countless plays have been produced over and over again. The main issue is how good these stories are. If done well, everyone loves them. If they aren’t… Well, how many people remember that Tom Sawyer ever went abroad?

• Geo says:

Also, it should be noted that “The Returned” is a remake of a French show.

• J.B says:

Bates Motel is a prequel TV series based on the film “Psycho” (there was a sequel or two). So not all that original.

The Returned is an American remake of the French series “Les Revenants” WHICH ITSELF is based on the film “They Came Back”.

Mic dropped.

10. Drew says:

I’m still not sure why they chose to bring Heroes back, of all shows. It started out strong, but fell apart quickly. The series is a complete mess with no internal logic. I would live to be excited about this, but none of the seasons felt like they were connected, so a revival seems pointless.
    I hope it succeeds though. It would pave the way for more revivals. I would love to see a Chuck miniseries.

11. lame says:

They should bring back Stana Katic she should be available.

12. AW says:

Fantastic! Please bring Ando back too!

13. Andrew Murn says:

I watched the first episodes with great interest, but it moved too slowly. Maybe if the new series picks up a bit of pace, I could be persuaded to watch it again, but there is a lot of recovery required.

14. Mr. Tran K says:

Happy to see Masi Oka back to do Heroes: Reborn and premiering this Fall (that’s something). Don’t know if his other series Hawaii Five-O is going to get renewed for a Season 6.

15. linda says:

Bring back married with children and full house

16. Rinnie says:

uh oh. I don’t like what it means for H50 :(

17. wingsstef says:

Time travel goodness! Or at least some freezing action. Would be interesting. I am actually okay with the show being mostly new people since I am sure lots of people wanted to be out of the madness. Plus Primatech and Pinehearst are likely gone. So I wonder where Noah is in this… They always had One of Us and One of Them. Hmm.

18. prish says:

The fans scored a big one! The cheerleader was saved, now onto the next one!!

19. Jake says:

Guess I won’t be watching..the most annoying character on the series.

20. Katie says:

Yatta! Oh man, what great news. I’d like to see Ando too, of course, but even Hiro is a huge score, in my opinion.

21. Nancy Law says:

This is like getting a Christmas present very early … 13 episodes of Heroes and I love Hiro … so glad to get this news :)

22. Britt says:

Cool. Still not gonna watch.
    You shouldn’t have cancelled it.
    Besides Chuck, I don’t recognize anybody else’s names and I don’t even care to find out who they are.
    And I was one of the biggest fans. I was this close to have the helix tattooed on me.

23. retsim says:

Always did like Masi Oka,s character of Hiro ,so i hope they do the series justice.

24. Dawn says:

This needs to have all the original people not just one or two but very interested loved hero’s own the series on DVD great writing could of ended better.

25. Tosyma says:

I hope they don’t hire the same writer who wrote season 2,3 and 4 of the previous series.

26. Sharon says:

While I look forward to this new revieved series, I have a fiery pit in my stomach as to the outcome of Hawaii-Five 0 returning for another season. I am hoping that is not the case but I wish Oka all the best in his new series. I will be tuning in and looking forward to all the other actors as well. I wonder if Ryan Guzman will be breaking out any dance moves. (:-))