Hart of Dixie Season Finale Recap: Happy Endings

Hart of Dixie Cancelled

Weddings bells, a baby, a re-proposal and a musical number — Hart of Dixie‘s Season 4 finale on Friday night had it all.

At first, Zoe and Wade are concerned about stealing Lemon’s thunder by getting betrothed on the day of her own engagement party to Lavon. But then Brick tasks Wade with distracting Lemon — yay for getting in a Wade/Lemon story! — as they deal with a catering emergency, and the soon-to-be father discovers that Lemon is perfectly calm about everything, because she’s marrying the right guy this time. So Wade decides to take advantage of her good and ask if she wouldn’t mind sharing her day.

“I would be honored to share my thunder with you,” Lemon replies.

But then Zoe goes into labor during the party, and before long, nearly all of Bluebell is squeezing into Zoe’s hospital room, prompting her to realize that, because everyone she loves is there, it’s the perfect moment to get married. Wade goes in search of a rabbi, Zoe’s mom is Skype’d in, Tansy gives the bride some really big hair … and baby boy Kinsella starts knocking at the world, so Zoe and Wade exchange vows as she’s being wheeled into the delivery room!

“You are the piece of me that’s always been missing,” Zoe says. “Through your eyes, I see myself in a whole new, different way. With you, I know true love.”

Wade’s turn: “You turned my damn world upside down. But you made me a better man. I’m so excited to be your husband, to be our little boy’s daddy.”

And then everyone breaks out into song and dance. No, really. As the Truit brothers serenade the couple’s new arrival, the rest of the characters sing along, straight-to-camera, over a musical montage of Lavon and Lemon’s wedding and George and AnnaBeth taking the next step.

Elsewhere in Bluebell town developments:

Hart of Dixie Lemon Lavon Married* After Lemon finds out Lavon’s proposal really belonged to Zoe – “Is Lemon technically engaged to Zoe Hart?” Crickett wonders – she is understandably upset. While she didn’t need the perfect engagement party, she did need to actually be engaged. So Lavon sets about righting his wrong – not that it’s really necessary. “Our life together is going to be perfect,” she tells him. “I don’t need the perfect proposal.” This time, he pulls over to the side of the road and keeps it sweet and simple: “Lemon Breeland, I love you. Will you marry me?”

* Lemon asks Zoe to be her bridesmaid. This is a historic moment!

* George returns to visit AnnaBeth – “Why don’t we get in the house and see how fast you can take your clothes off,” she happily greets him – but their reunion takes a sour turn when he assumes she’ll one day pack up her life and move to Nashville to be with him. AB thinks maybe they should just break up, but George isn’t ready to give up. “It doesn’t matter that I love you?!” he exclaims to her surprise. Don’t worry, she loves him back and they eventually do move in together.

* Dr. Breeland officially makes Zoe a partner in the business. “Your father would be so proud to see how far you’ve come,” he says as she stretches out her arms for a hug. Sob! The other waterworks come when Zoe visits her father’s grave and thanks him for bringing her to Bluebell because “I finally found love. I finally found a home. “

* Rose gets into Columbia and thanks Zoe for being her role model. Zoe, in turn, gifts her with her heels, which belong in New York City.

* A new love triangle starts brewing when Brick hires a male associate, Wade gets a hot female bartender to fill in for Wanda and George convinces a New York lawyer pal (played by The O.C.‘s Autumn Reeser) to relocate to Bluebell for a year. Just in case anyone at The CW is reading, we’d totally watch this show.

* Tansy moves back to Bluebell.

Dixie fans, what did you think of the possible series ender? Grade it via the poll below, then hit the comments to back up your pick.

1. Missy Kelly says:

Just don’t want this show to be over but it is.

2. Susannah says:

That was the most charming, fun, delightful ending to a series I’ve seen. I’m really going to miss Bluebell’s quirky residents.

3. andrea says:

That was a great episode! I hope they bring it back but if thay don’t it was one of the best finales I’ve seen!

• Me says:

Completely agree! I hope it comes back too, but if it doesn’t I will be sad but ok about it.
      On a side note how funny was it in the last montage where they used every trick in the book to hide the face Rachel Bilson was still pregnant? They even had a small child stand in front of her during Lemon’s wedding!

4. Kaylee says:

I adore all things about this show. But…..if this was the series finale, then I’m ok because it couldn’t have been more perfect. Except…..

What was the little dude’s name? I was hoping for Harley! Or Brick!

5. Jared says:

That was the perfect series finale in every way and exactly what fans would have wanted. So sad to see Hart of Dixie go.

6. Ricky Lee Jones says:

First Glee and now Hart of Dixie. I know these shows are passed their prime but the characters feel like close friends and I’ll miss them dearly.

• Abg says:

Glee was way past it’s prime but this was HoD’s strongest season creatively.

• Jared says:

I totally agree this was HoDs best season creatively which makes me even more sad knowing it’s over. I would have loved to have seen Zoe and Wade adjusting to being first time parents next season 😒

• Kristina says:

Agreed. I think because they finally threw away the tired love triangles and contrived romantic angst (for the most part) and started using the stories that were waiting to be mined from the natural interaction between characters that fans actually wanted to see. Well done, writers.

• portia369 says:

Glee was past its prime around its 3 season or so. Plus, I honestly think that Hart of Dixie appeals to a much wider crowd than Glee ever could.

This season on Hart was much better than the last so creatively, I think it could definitely be given a 5th season. If however it isn’t, I would be okay with that as well, even though I’ll miss it. The writers did a fabulous job of wrapping up the storylines! Much better in fact than other beloved CW shows such as Gilmore Girls. Here’s a show that needed another Season!

• Tracy says:

Glee wasn’t passed it’s prime! Glee had bad showrunners who no longer cared about the show and it showed! Glee’s whole problem was Ryan and Brad – if they had passed the baton to better staffers and taken more of an interest in the show instead of playing favorites and doing PSA’s for gay rights Glee would still be on the air! HOD died for me when they pulled the plug on Zoe and George and left us with the horrible, unrealistic Zade!

7. CJ says:

This is the sweetest , cutest show on TV. I so hope this isn’t the end!

8. Bwhit says:

So cute! No need to always wonder what happened if this was the series finale. I just love that is was always Wade for Zoe, they both brought out something in the other that neither of them had before. Zoe found a home and a family. I’m going to miss Bluebell.

9. Mary says:

I am so sad about the show ending, it was definitely one of my favorites. It could have continued with many story lines as there are plenty of characters to keep it going. There just aren’t that many decent shows on any more; this certainly was one of the best!

10. Lindsey says:

Great season/series finale! I hope it’s not the end, but they really did do a wonderful job wrapping everything up.
    At first I thought the musical number at the end was strange, but the longer it went on the more I liked it. It was just a fun, quirky way to end. I’m sure it was very bittersweet for the cast to film!

11. Erin says:

It was perfect! I laughed, I cried, I smiled through the whole thing. Perfection. I really really really hope it comes back, as I can’t imagine no more Bluebell. But if it was the series finale, it was perfect, and the best series finale I’ve ever seen.

12. danielle says:

I do not want hart of dixie to end yet. The season finale was great and brought closure if it is the end but I feel that there is more story to tell. The show is so quirky and down to earth. Would definitely miss it’s sense of humor.

13. Jurbd says:

I adore this show and the musical number was so typical Bluebell and it was amazing!!!! This whole episode was perfection and while I would love a 5th season, j accepted it was over a while ago but to me, they cannot top this episode with a better finale or a better final season so I’m content and happy with this ending

14. KSM says:

That was such a great episode! If they could just tweet out the name of that baby sometime, though, that would be perfection. :)

15. hema says:

i am going to miss bluebell and its residents. i do really hope they dont stop this series….

16. Jared says:

The name of Zoe and Wades baby has to be Harley right?? It’s just too good not to be.

• Emily says:

The episode where they were running around hoping to find an heirloom I kept figuring they were leading up to naming him Harley. And then she went to his grave And I thought, yep, definitely naming him Harley and then…’TBD.’

17. Mr. Tran K says:

HoD deserves to have a proper “final season” if it gets renewed.

• esteban says:

we’ll assume then you didn’t see this season or the finale, because it don’t get much more “proper final season” than what they did LOL

18. Colleen Boncosky says:

Please let Blue Bell to live on! Love all the characters, want them to continue and the story to continue.

19. kathleen compolo says:

NO you can’t cancel this show in the 4 seasons we have got to now everything and watch the relationships come and go and now that everyone is where they should be and Zoey and Wade have a new baby we have to see how they new parents handle things….and we don’t even know the babies name. Please keep the series going.

20. lois says:

H od end the way it should be. Rachel bilson life don’t have a happy ending like that in real life. Hayden and Rachel don’t live together like that. He lives in canada and she lives in la. He never wanted to stay in America for good. Hod was a tv show that’s all. They don’t talk about the baby like that. She made the show worst by getting pregnant. Now she want somebody to keep talking about her. The show is over move on.

21. Elisabeth says:

I’m conflicted. It’s a great series finale. But at the same time, I love this show. It’s sweet and heartwarming. I need more. I suggest they go back for a season 5, and do a small time jump like Parks and Rec.

22. ash says:

I loved it. I cried the whole time because HOD really has become one of my favorite TV shows. I thought they ended it in a really amazing– albeit pretty cheesy–way.

23. Tricia says:

That really was a perfect finale.

But I want another season. I need more Wade in my life.

24. Lola says:

I want one more season..how epic would it be to see Zade with child….

25. Di says:

Wow what a perfect ending. I laughed and I cried. It was so good to have such a wonderful and happy ending, for all of us fans who loved this show, Thanks to all who made it happen.

26. Bella says:

This would have to be my favourite ever show by far, I’ve watched and loved every single episode. Another season would be so great !!!

27. stek says:

Wadą jest także czas oczekiwania na przesyłkę
    z zakupioną biżuterią, w zależności od formy dostawy, możemy oczekiwać na nią od
    1-2 dni do nawet tygodnia.

28. michael bailey says:

Loved the ending and would be satisfied if this were the end, tho I hope for more. Even tho it was beginning to get a bit tired, with the same couples going through the break up and get back together cycle, I loved the quirky characters. Helped to fill the Gilmore Girls hole iny life

29. Ashley says:

Can I answer both to that last poll? It was perfect for a series finale, but I still want another season where everyone’s happy and there’s no excessive drama for the couples and it’s just baby raising shenanigans and maybe Autumn Reeser can recur and CAN WE PLEASE HAVE ANOTHER SEASON? And I also want confirmation that baby Hart-Kinsella will be named Harley.

30. Michelke says:

Wonderful ending!!! Loved the singing and dancing at the end!

31. Kar says:

that was the series finale, no if about it.

32. Lauren says:

i would have given it an A if it hadn’t been for that song at the end.

33. You could render your phone completely unusable (unlikely) or
    cause it to become unstable (somewhat more likely).

34. chey says:

I won’t another season

35. Kay says:

Honestly, while I’m sad to see it end, I kind of hope it is the series finale. It really was perfect and they tied up all the loose ends. I don’t think a season 5 would add anything at this point. I’d hate for it to end like OTH with a completely worthless final season because they just couldn’t leave well enough alone. All good things must come to an end and this was an absolute perfect ending.

• DD says:

I was thinking about One Tree Hill too, how the Season 8 finale would have been the perfect series finale, with Jamie dribbling the basketball over the bridge, and then they ruined it with the ridiculous final season… I really hope they do not make the same mistake here!

36. Ashley says:

I just watched it and cried like a baby (like Tom). I can’t believe they all sang my favorite song at the end. That was so beautiful. I’m going to miss Hart of Dixie so much. There is so other show on television that is so light, fun, and heartwarming.

37. Libi says:

I thought that the finale was too corny and rushed for my liking. For the birth they could have tried to make it realistic! I have been so excited about this episode but it has just let me down. There was a lot of sweet scenes but the scenes made up the entire episode so there was no standout scene and eapecially the george and AB just felt rushed. The fact that we dont know the suns name annoys me to no end and the musical ending was very sweet but very happily ever after that wasnt satisfying. The baby there were holding after the birth didnt lool even close to new born and they had Rachel ridiculously holding random things in the song so to cover up the fact that she hasnt given birth.There is more id like to say but the comment would go in forever. But lastly in the first season she said that her mom was jewish so she is and so is her son. She isnt a half jewish there is no such thing and the show made it seem like that the ceremony for christians and jews is the same but just a rabbi does the ceremony which isnt true. I just felt it was a halabaloo like ending and didnt make for a satisfying ending to a show that had much more depth to it than what was on display.

38. This is the right site for anybody who wants to find
    out about this topic. You realize so much its almost hard
    to argue with you (not that I actually will need to…HaHa).
    You certainly put a new spin on a topic which has been discussed for a long time.
    Wonderful stuff, just wonderful!

39. Lilisullivan says:

I really want to tick both boxes in the poll! Yes it was a perfect season finale, but i don’t want to see this show go. I found my new “Gilmore Girls” with this show, it is so funny, so quirky and all the characters are lovely. I think it could continue at least one more season, especially if they add Autumn Reeser to the mix.

40. Sara says:

Thought they may have had a scene where Wade finds out about Earl burying money for him.

41. Lila says:

I loved this… If it was a series finale then it was amazing… although id love to see wade and Zoe try to be parents and see more of the George- Annabeth relationship I hope this show doesn’t get cancelled it truly is one of a kind

42. m88 says:

I am regular reader, how are you everybody? This paragraph
    posted at this web site is truly good.

43. heidi says:

I will miss you Dixie….

44. Kathy says:

Love this show. Feel good, charming, and with “heart” (excuse the pun). The finale was awesome and almost makes up for the show being finished. However if they want to do another season or even revisit Bluebell every couple of years and make a movie that would just make my day!!!! Would love to peek in on them all again.

45. Ally Oop says:

I didn’t like this season as much as previous ones. I found it a bit too quirky and that the comedy/drama parts were unequal. I wanted some more serious Zoe/Wade moments.

46. Joey Padron says:

season finale was good and sweet. musical ending was really good. hope the show will get one more season.

47. Lisa Rogers says:

I am so saden that it’s over. I want more.

48. pest says:

As it was already explained, a building inspection covers different parts of the
    property and systems. Learning about pest control is never easy, it can make some people realise
    how much they’ve been putting their residence and commercial property at risk from pest intrusion and
    loss of business. Specialists who provide pest control in London can offer a fast
    and effective treatment of your pest, and usually can provide anything from pigeon-proofing or humane fox repellents, to insecticides for smaller pests like
    fleas, cockroaches or bed bugs.

49. Betty says:

Did anyone notice Adele Stackhouses’s headstone behind Zoe when she was visiting Harley’s grave?