History Renews Vikings for Season 4

Vikings Renewed Season 4

In part because, like, no one would ever have the stones to tell Ragnar and Lagertha to shove off, History has renewed Vikings for a fourth season, it was announced on Thursday.

Vikings has raided the hearts of both audiences and critics, establishing itself as one of the most compelling, visually stunning dramas on television,” History GM Dirk Hoogstra said in a statement. “We are so proud of our immensely talented cast and crew led by [series creator] Michael Hirst, whose intriguing storylines and pivotal arcs have the perfect balance of scope, smarts and bloodshed to keep our loyal fans watching and wanting more.”

Season-to-date, Vikings is averaging 4.3 million total viewers (with 2 mil landing in the 18-49 sweet spot), in Live+3 ratings — ranking as the No. 1 cable series on Thursday nights.

TVLine’s hand-carved Cable Renewal Scorecard has thusly been updated.

1. jasie says:

I’ll still watch but it’s not gonna be the same without Siggy, Jessalyn Gilsig.

2. Tallee says:

Wonder why they didn’t officially announce it sooner? They’re casting 8000 extras next month in Ireland for season 4…That information was posted a few weeks ago online. Still, very happy to hear it made official! :)

3. Great series, great writing, great acting!

4. RUCookie says:

Love this show… its intense, and different from so much on cable today!

5. Spence says:

So glad to hear it, season 3 has been amazing!

6. Bill says:

Nice, love it. Any idea on the episode count? Hoping for more then 10, just a few more. 12 or 13

7. Whatever says:

Great news love the show !

8. That’s friggin AWESOME, after killing off Athelstan and Siggi I was beginning to think this season was the end!

9. Larry says:

the last 3 sessions have not been exciting to watch…I bought the first two seasons but if it doesn’t get kicked started into gear I will not purchase season three!

10. Juergen says:

Vikings is the best I ever saw on TV. And I am already 50 ;) Most stuff bores me, other good stuff I forget the next day. But Vikings really got me into this world. Fascinating ! Did I mention, Lagertha is wonderful.