Ratings: Mindy Finale, The Voice and Flash Hit Lows, NBC Comedies Drop

Mindy Project Ratings Cancelled Renewed

Bubble comedy The Mindy Project closed Season 3 on Tuesday night with 2.1 million total viewers and a 0.8 rating (again leading out of an old New Girl), dipping a tenth in the demo to a new series low.

Opening Fox’s night, Hell’s Kitchen (3.7 mil/1.3) was flat.

Elsewhere….

NBC | The Voice (11.2 mil/2.7) slipped 12 and 16 percent to season lows. Undateable (5.2 mil/1.5) fell 19 and 21 percent from its season opener, while One Big Happy (3.9 mil/1.2) dropped 29 and 25 percent from its launch. A special Night Shift (4.1 mil/1.0) was down about 40 percent from the most recent Chicago Fire.

THE CW | The Flash (3.2 mil/1.1) slipped 13 percent and two tenths, to a series low demo. iZombie (2.1 mil/0.7) dipped a tenth from its debut.

CBS | NCIS (16 mil/2.2) and Person of Interest (9.2 mil/1.5) were steady; NCIS: New Orleans (14.3 mil/1.9) rose 13 and 19 percent.

ABC | Fresh Off the Boat (4.9 mil/1.4) slipped two tenths, while Repeat After Me (3.6 mil/1.0), Agents of SHIELD (4.2 mil/1.5, tying its series low) and Forever (4.4 mil/0.9) all ticked down one tenth.

1. Mr. Tran K says:

Hope Mindy Project gets renewed. The entire third season has been improving since then.

• herman1959 says:

Hey, are you our old buddy, f/k/a “Tran”, if so, why the name change? But I digress, I didn’t expect The Flash to be as awesome as last week, but it left me with a bad taste in my mouth. In order to facilitate the Atom spinoff, The Flash agreed to give Cold a pass as long as he doesn’t kill anyone…REALLY! Also, there seems to be a negative ratings trend lately, the EPs need to have a meeting to nip it in the bud.

• Mr. Tran K says:

BTW, I’m a MAN because I’m Tran even though you don’t understand Asian. Own Rosetta Stone while you’re at it.

• Andrea says:

@Mr. Tran X, you weren’t being insulted. There is a poster who posts here who uses the name Tran, and he posts here often about several different shows. I think Herman thought you were Tran and was simply asking why you had changed your posting name. That’s all. There seems to be two people who use Tran in their posting names. The term “buddy” is a term of friendship in English that I”m fairly certain Herman meant for the other Tran.

• Mr. Tran K says:

Why are you guys get so confusing? You never see my face or something. You people are so stupid even when you’re on the Internet. Hope you idiots better not come back to this website ever again because I’m about to throw a temper tantrum and it drives me crazy. You guys are going to be really sorry and accept my apology but if you don’t, you’re going to turn into zombies like the TV series The Walking Dead. GROW UP!!

• Katherine215 says:

Nah, same Tran.

• Fran says:

Yep, same rude Tran.

• herman1959 says:

• Television Scout says:

I’m in the process of contacting the CW mgmt team. I just know Mark P and co. have a place for Tran in their organization. ABC has Jimmy Kimmel do the warm up for the media at Upfront in May. Perhaps Tran can do the warm up for CW and Mark’s Upfront presentation. Maybe a joke about iZombie tossed in for good measure! :-)

That said, anyone willing (yes, even you Tran!) to make a prediction on Mindy Project being renewed for fall? Fox is having some success with new series this season – Gotham, Empire, Last Man on Earth. For the first time in a while, FOX may need space for new series this fall. That may not bode well for Mindy. Maybe a short order of 13 to wrap up the series, with a new dev deal for MK to create another new series next pilot season?

• Mr. Tran K says:

BTW, I changed it because some brain dead idiot thinks I’m a woman. That person better be really sorry and accept my apology. If not, I’m going to go all crazy.

• Slowride says:

I’m sorry, I really thought you were a man, it’s hard to know on the internet. We all know now and won’t get confused again. But there’s no need to go crazy over this. Men, women and adults behaving like children, we’re all equal human beings that should respect others the way we want to be respected ;)

• Mr. Tran K says:

It’s OK. Sometimes they don’t understand the meaning of genders judging by names nor the races like Asian and other cultures.

2. Gerri says:

Where did everyone go on Tuesday night? Flash was great. And I am liking iZombie more and more. Not worried about their ratings, as I am sure the DVR numbers and downloads will increase their viewership, hopefully Agents of Shield also goes up.

3. kmw says:

Too bad that Mindy didn’t do better, but when a rerun is in front of it that doesn’t help. FOX may not renew it but I am sure someone else will pick it up.

• Lauren says:

Yeah, I’m pretty ticked they aired the finale at the half-hour behind a rerun. That’s not really giving the show a fair chance. I love the show so much and I will be heartbroken if it ends without a resolution to Danny and Mindy’s conflict. And I want to meet Mindy’s parents!

• S. says:

Totally ridiculous to follow TMP behind a bunch of New Girl reruns which is basically what they’ve done all March right? I’ve tuned in to find NG repeats more than a couple times. I guess they’re saving them for sweeps? I don’t get why, it’s not like NG is that much better in ratings. So frustrating. How’s Mindy supposed to do well if people go ‘oh New Girl’s a repeat? Mindy must be too.’ They’re gonna have people who aren’t going to make it appointment tv for one 30 min episode for the whole of Fox primetime. That was the only show that night on that channel that I wanted to watch and I put it on the repeat before anyway so I wouldn’t get distracted and forget. So help me if Fox doesn’t go with the usual ‘enough S3 eps leads to probably S4 renewal’ then someone better pick’em up. I don’t bother with Netflix right now. I’d absolutely sign up if they took on The Mindy Project.

4. erika says:

NBC comedies are oficially dead.
    R.I.P NBC comedies.Others will canceled:R.I.P Mindy Project,R.I.P. Fresh of the Boat,R.I.P IZombie
    ALL ratings all down

5. wrstlgirl says:

Have to wonder how many people even knew there was a special episode of Night Shift last night. IZombie just isn’t for me, I tried.

• herman1959 says:

I didn’t even try. The commercials that aired during the Flash turned me off…YUCK!

• murley says:

iZombie is really great. I notice you comment on a lot of shows I like so I am recommending it based on the idea that we may have overlapping taste. The promos are a pretty poor representation of the show’s humor. Also if you ever watched and enjoyed Veronica Mars you will like it. And if you never watched Veronica Mars, you should.

6. laura says:

i hope TMP gets renewed too. of course, i watch it time delayed either on DVR or Hulu, so i feel incredibly guilty that it has not gotten the ratings that it richly deserves.

7. Katherine215 says:

Not a fan of this current arc on Shield. Bobbi and Mack aren’t any better than Hydra agents. The show has killed Tripp, made these two turncoats, and turned Simmons into an extremist. What the heck?! The only good thing imo is they haven’t tried to “rehabilitate” Ward yet.

8. JT says:

I so wanted to like One Big Happy, but after last night I’m done. The canned laugh track after almost every sentence is just too much.

9. Bwhit says:

I’m really liking IZombie it was better than the pilot last night. I wish NBC would have just left the Night Shift as a summer series, I feel it would have more of a chance that way.

10. Kim&Bey says:

I’m sure Mindy will get renewed but hope that’s the last season

11. HBH says:

I loved the flash last night!!! I think the ratings were down because the PLL finale was airing at the same time. As for one big happy, i really wanted to like it, but i really just don’t.

12. Das Snow says:

The Flash hits lows. I’m not upset about that, because I thought the lastest episode wasn’t that great.